Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,913 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996190 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 6:49pm On Sep 12, 2015
lamingo:
why do you need a PGD, what is you CGPA by the way? German Schools dont accept PGD

I got ur pm, pls reply. Tnx nd waiting.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:06pm On Sep 12, 2015
it is better u go for reissue, so that you can use it for the duration of your program, Passports are usually expensive from abroad. from personal experience)the old passport will be stamped CANCELLED WITH NO PREJUDICE, as stated earlier the new passport will have a different number, make sure you go along will the two submit both when going for your visa.
acedboss:
Hello House,

I have a question, my intl. passport expires next year (2016), Hopefully by then I should be in Germany already. Is it possible for me to apply for and get another passport before leaving naija? if yes, what's the procedure? Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:10pm On Sep 12, 2015
I am yet to receive your email
ogompaul:
I got ur pm, pls reply. Tnx nd waiting.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 7:34pm On Sep 12, 2015
willy2000:

That is not true. The only hurdle you have to cross is getting to C1 proficiency level, if you are to apply.

it can be waived with the help of a lawyer from Germany stating why u cannot get up to c1

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 7:40pm On Sep 12, 2015
RoyalPurple:
Hello Guys, it's so nice to be here. I had my interview on 18th August using a sponsorship letter.
How long does it take the embassy to reply considering my resumption on 1st October and what are the chances of we that used sponsorship letters. I will appreciate answers from guys who used this letter and are already in Germany or some one who knows these guys. Danke.

I have not used it but know about 5 guys that did and they all got thier visas though a little bit more time consuming to process than those using block account so estimate 4 weeks of your interview but maximum 5 weeks your visa will be out from experience
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 8:00pm On Sep 12, 2015
lamingo:
it is better u go for reissue, so that you can use it for the duration of your program, Passports are usually expensive from abroad. from personal experience)the old passport will be stamped CANCELLED WITH NO PREJUDICE, as stated earlier the new passport will have a different number, make sure you go along will the two submit both when going for your visa.

Thanks a lot sir. I'll go to the immigration office on Monday to begin the process then
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Futurewiser: 8:17pm On Sep 12, 2015
seek4yemi1:
Hello house I want to ask can I send a mail to embassy regarding my visa status won't it seems am desperate,had my interview on 30th of August and till now I haven't heard anything tho my first application was rejected and den I re applied and add more document to back it up,what is ur advise house.Shld I or nt

You are desperate. Just 30th of Aug. here and you wanna start disturbing them?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 9:22pm On Sep 12, 2015
Futurewiser:

it can be waived with the help of a lawyer from Germany stating why u cannot get up to c1
Explain sir
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prolific1(m): 10:43pm On Sep 12, 2015
lamingo:
why do you need a PGD, what is you CGPA by the way? German Schools dont accept PGD

3.17, graduated with pure and applied physics, what do you think?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 10:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
my little input to guys going to Germany about calling Nigeria from there.... i heard about a mobilevoip on phone that allows one to call Nigeria for around $1 for 25mins

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by noordyn: 5:36am On Sep 13, 2015
pleasss guyz any idea on how to write a motivational letter
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:25am On Sep 13, 2015
Neyoalao:
my little input to guys going to Germany about calling Nigeria from there.... i heard about a mobilevoip on phone that allows one to call Nigeria for around $1 for 25mins

Can u throw more light on this?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sonyville(m): 7:16am On Sep 13, 2015
Good morning fellow Honorable members, I just want suggest (might be wrong) that all those who are sending their DB application form as requested by the bank should attach a photocopy of their passport bio page plus photocopy of the receipt issued to you by the embassy when you first attempted opening the account. This might distinguish you from others . ..

May the grace of God engulf all of us this week as we awake more testimonies ! Happy Sunday .

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:38am On Sep 13, 2015
noordyn:
pleasss guyz any idea on how to write a motivational letter
Check the daad website, it is well laid out there step by step.Cheers.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 7:42am On Sep 13, 2015
prolific1:
3.17, graduated with pure and applied physics, what do you think?
I just don't get you at all, isn't PGD for those with cgpa below 3.00? And what would the Germans do with PGD?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prolific1(m): 8:32am On Sep 13, 2015
kilo4sure:

I just don't get you at all, isn't PGD for those with cgpa below 3.00? And what would the Germans do with PGD?
or better still what is the minimum CGPA that most German schools require for M.sc Geophysics when converted to Nigerian grading system
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2015
prolific1:
or better still what is the minimum CGPA that most German schools require for M.sc Geophysics when converted to Nigerian grading system

You are still on track but may be difficult. Just make sure to apply to uni without restriction for number of admitted students.

Your German scale is a little below 2.5. Basic requirements is this. Take GRE and also test of English.

Don't know if your course is widely done or easily offered.

Start with daad website for searching

All the best
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prolific1(m): 9:44am On Sep 13, 2015
iyke20024:

You are still on track but may be difficult. Just make sure to apply to uni without restriction for number of admitted students.

Your German scale is a little below 2.5. Basic requirements is this. Take GRE and also test of English.

Don't know if your course is widely done or easily offered.

Start with daad website for searching

All the best

thanks man. I would check it out
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 10:12am On Sep 13, 2015
prolific1:
Your equivalent German cgpa is 2.37, most skools require a 2.5, but for competitive courses 2.5 is just usually the minimum to apply with. In German grading the lower the better, where 1.0 is the highest and 4.0 is the lowest. Alles Gute.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 13, 2015
sonyville:
Good morning fellow Honorable members, I just want suggest (might be wrong) that all those who are sending their DB application form as requested by the bank should attach a photocopy of their passport bio page plus photocopy of the receipt issued to you by the embassy when you first attempted opening the account. This might distinguish you from others . ..

May the grace of God engulf all of us this week as we awake more testimonies ! Happy Sunday .

OK,thanks, for all those that sent their Db form from 1st August and have not receive email from DB, we are resending the form tomorrow monday in group via dhl, come and join us tomorrow to resend your form, all those that did not sign in four places should also join us.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by HABRUZZY(m): 11:56am On Sep 13, 2015
hello good people of this forum pls am currently going to final year planning to take my masters in business management in any cool business schools in Germany who offers masters programs pls i was also told that education is kind of free in Germany how true could this be pls i would be glad if anyone can enlighten me more abt the admission process and requirements pls urgently awaiting your swift response
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 12:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
HABRUZZY:
hello good people of this forum pls am currently going to final year planning to take my masters in business management in any cool business schools in Germany who offers masters programs pls i was also told that education is kind of free in Germany how true could this be pls i would be glad if anyone can enlighten me more abt the admission process and requirements pls urgently awaiting your swift response
Go to the daad.de website, select international programmes, then business mangement or a related term(as the case may be), then u'll find programs, click them and u'll get all the info you need. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2015
Obiwannn:
Peeps in Germany, please how much and how long does it take to post transcripts to USA from Germany using deutsche post.?
http://www.howtogermany.com/pages/postal.html
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Neyoalao(m): 12:25pm On Sep 13, 2015
uchezdedon:

Can u throw more light on this?
as quoted from where i read it

After installing the App on your mobile. 1. Go to Nairacalls.com 2. Log in with you username and Password you used in registering on the App. 3. Click on Buy Credit, Minimum credit you can buy is $10 and the Maximum you can buy is $25. Only these Denominations are available. 4. I buy with my Emirates Paypal account so I think your Nigeria master card should suffice. 5. After your payment has been deducted from your account and you will receive a mail confirming your payment. 6. Refresh the App and you will see the amount you have bought and you can start making calls. Like i said I use $1 to make 20minutes Call to Nigeria but you need Internet to make any call from your App. Goodluck

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by victz: 1:35pm On Sep 13, 2015
https://www.daad.de/deutschland/studienangebote/international-programs/en/

Just click on the link above, it will aid your search. You will get all the information you'll need therein.
HABRUZZY:

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kuthvic: 2:37pm On Sep 13, 2015
Greetings my efamily. I got 2 Germany 2 days ago. I used Royal Air maroc.

2 those who have not bought their ticket and are on a budget , I strongly recommend Royal Air Maroc. The booking page says 11 hrs flight but it was less than 8 hrs.

From lagos 2 marocco about 3: 40 mins
from morroc to Frankfurt about 3:20 mins

23kg x2luggage
and 10k hand luggage

"Incase u no know watin 2 do with the remaining change from ur supposed ticket money I can send u my bank account make u bring am for safe keeping( what are brothers 4 ? )"

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2015
kuthvic:
Greetings my efamily. I got 2 Germany 2 days ago. I used Royal Air maroc.

2 those who have not bought their ticket and are on a budget , I strongly recommend Royal Air Maroc. The booking page says 11 hrs flight but it was less than 8 hrs.

From lagos 2 marocco about 3: 40 mins
from morroc to Frankfurt about 3:20 mins

23kg x2luggage
and 10k hand luggage

"Incase u no know watin 2 do with the remaining change from ur supposed ticket money I can send u my bank account make u bring am for safe keeping( what are brothers 4 ? )"
Hope u are enjoying ur stay already... Good luck to u dear!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by noordyn: 3:01pm On Sep 13, 2015
i have always been fascinating with response from the genius ones in the house and equally happy hearing good news always from guys and i hope to be part of this great news soon. Guyz please i will not want you guyz to be bores with my questions being new in the system as i will like to know if it all schools in Germany that you are expected to do IELTS as part of the there requirements. If not what what are those schools and on the certificate authentication pls what is the current procedures. Cheers

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by moneybag100: 3:03pm On Sep 13, 2015
Anyone going for undergraduate?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 3:49pm On Sep 13, 2015
[quote author=noordyn post=37969400]i have always been fascinating with response from the genius ones in the house and equally happy hearing good news always from guys and i hope to be part of this great news soon. Guyz please i will not want you guyz to be bores with my questions being new in the system as i will like to know if it all schools in Germany that you are expected to do IELTS as part of the there requirements. If not what what are those schools and on the certificate authentication pls what is the current procedures. Cheers[/quote
These questions are usually answered on the websites of the schools, and have been debated here over and over again, so just read this thread say even 20 pages back, the question of schools that do not require ielts can only be answered from your research on daad or google, authentication of documents is all over this thread and has been debated over by our ogas at the top, so just type certification on the search button of this thread, mayb dat would help. My 20 cowries.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prolific1(m): 3:51pm On Sep 13, 2015
kilo4sure:

Your equivalent German cgpa is 2.37, most skools require a 2.5, but for competitive courses 2.5 is just usually the minimum to apply with. In German grading the lower the better, where 1.0 is the highest and 4.0 is the lowest. Alles Gute.
thanks man. Really appreciate bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.