Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,396 members, 7,815,861 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (264) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995844 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 8:32am On Sep 12, 2015
SnotTrough:

The Problem is I'm above 16 sad

I'm Ineligible to apply for Family Reunion cos I'm above 16
That is not true. The only hurdle you have to cross is getting to C1 proficiency level, if you are to apply.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=SnotTrough post=37922538]

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:36am On Sep 12, 2015
SnotTrough:

my brother is also above 16 he's currently learning German language after which he will apply through family reunion this year ...so my advice is for you to learn the language then apply through family reunion it will be more convenient also enroll yourself in a university to increase your chances of getting the visa

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:46am On Sep 12, 2015
SnotTrough:

Who told u that story? As long as u don't have a job, and ur not yet 25 and u aren't married, u are eligible for a family reunion visa... Only if u are 26. Even an 25 if u are unemployed and still dependent on ur parents u can get family reunion. It might take time, but u can get it...
All u have to do is learn German as hard as u can for like a year and then u are ready to go... And take a visit visa first, u can spend 60 days and learn a bit of German while u are at it, come back, go to the Goethe institute and learn like U've never done before. It's very possible for u to get a family reunion visa. All u have to do is Learn German

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by adeboye1000: 9:56am On Sep 12, 2015
adeboye1000:

@Rayhut .Where do you think we can meet on Monday and by wot tym?Don't seal your envelope yet.We'll ve to compare before sealing.Like Rayhut said,if u did not sign four places,depositor informarion sheet inclusive,u will ve to resend anoda blocked acct form to DB.Do not wait till u receive d email to resend.So,anyone who wishes to join shld declare his interest on or before Sunday (13/09/2015)

@Rayhut.I got ur PM and I sent u PM too.U can get me on adeboye1000@yahoo.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RoyalPurple: 10:44am On Sep 12, 2015
Hello Guys, it's so nice to be here. I had my interview on 18th August using a sponsorship letter.
How long does it take the embassy to reply considering my resumption on 1st October and what are the chances of we that used sponsorship letters. I will appreciate answers from guys who used this letter and are already in Germany or some one who knows these guys. Danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 11:07am On Sep 12, 2015
Hello House,

I have a question, my intl. passport expires next year (2016), Hopefully by then I should be in Germany already. Is it possible for me to apply for and get another passport before leaving naija? if yes, what's the procedure? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:52pm On Sep 12, 2015
Anvicola:
My ogas 4 here good day, it happened that i input 7000 euro instead of the normal 8040 euro and d db sent me a comfirmation of opening an account wit 7000 euro as the blocked amount. I'm actually gonna fund with 8090 euro but I beg wat if i'm not able to fund before my interview date nd the V.O sees that d blocked amount on the comfirmation is 7000 euro, hope problem no go dey abt dat. Tanx

wELL, DB wasnt strict with the blocked account thingy this year....Normally (last year), you would not have received a confirmation as is stated there on their site. You have nothing to fear. Go with the confirmation slip. If embassy asks why its not complete, tell them you will do so shortly, and you are in the process of completing it. If they dont? better for you. Just try make am 7908. I hear peeps have gotten visas this year with less than 8090 in their blocked accounts. Some 8000, some 8040. Why I say make it up to 7908, is so that you meet up the requirement on Consulate's website incase the alien office were to verify.

Alternatively, anyone who has gotten a visa with less than 7908 here should speak up, so that you dont bother to complete it again, even though making it up to at least 7908 would be better for you as it is the amount you have in your account that determines the monthly withdrawal sum to be accrued to u.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:25pm On Sep 12, 2015
Peeps in Germany, please how much and how long does it take to post transcripts to USA from Germany using deutsche post.?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 3:03pm On Sep 12, 2015
Hey Peeps

If you have the following notation on your visa

"ERWERBSTÄTIGKEIT NICHT GESTATTET"

It simply means you can only work when you extend your student visa to the temporary resident permit

I have the same on my visa.. dont know why.

Asked my girl friend to call..Auslander in Paderborn..

So no worries.. simply you are not allowed to work till you get the permit.

Regards

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by StoneA(f): 3:19pm On Sep 12, 2015
I am not sure about getting one before you leave Nigeria.

I do know you can get a new passport for around 100+ euros and it requires you going to the Nigerian embassy in Berlin.

Follow the link below for more information.

http://www.nigeriaembassygermany.org/consular_fee.htm

acedboss:
Hello House,

I have a question, my intl. passport expires next year (2016), Hopefully by then I should be in Germany already. Is it possible for me to apply for and get another passport before leaving naija? if yes, what's the procedure? Thanks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by prolific1(m): 3:38pm On Sep 12, 2015
[quote author=jagaban17 post=37844203][/quote] please does the Idea league geophysics offer PGD/top up programmes to facilitate m.sc admission
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Dehonourable: 3:54pm On Sep 12, 2015
XpensiveT:
Greetings to my bosses in d house...please those who have collected their visas nd those who are already in Germany, I really need an urgent response about my question. On my visa, they wrote " ERWERBSTÄTIGKEIT NICHT GESTATTET " wc means " GAINFUL EMPLOYEMENT NOT PERMITTED ". Is anything like that on ur visas too? I think tourist or visit visa should have that kinda remarks not student visa. Shld I send a mail to d embassy to ask for clarification coz man must hustle ooo. I no wan hear story when I enter germo.

My ogas.. @Aibee01, @Oye50, @Hollaytan, @Obiwannn @Yusufftaiwo, @Dehonorable,

@Kciano, @scofield03, @Twinkle1, @Pompido, @Obs3rver et all. Abeg make una see to my matter ooo

Still on d matter... #TeamWinter2015 #Freiburger

Vielen Dank

Well, I had to put a call across my senior colleague who is currently in his final year. He confirmed to me that he had same notation on his visa but upon his arrival in deutschland, he extended his visa within one month and was issued a residency permit which he used to gained employment.

He also assured me that there is no cause for alarm because various alien offices have different clauses.

Please, lets chill.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by noordyn: 4:23pm On Sep 12, 2015
please guyz in the house i need an urgent reply for this question i am currently running an online MBA program and will likely completed it jan,2016 plssss can i use it to apply for 2nd master in germany school
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogompaul(m): 4:44pm On Sep 12, 2015
Pls BTU students should p.m me abeg.
plsssssssssssssss oooooooo!!!!!!!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 4:58pm On Sep 12, 2015
why do you need a PGD, what is you CGPA by the way? German Schools dont accept PGD

prolific1:
please does the Idea league geophysics offer PGD/top up programmes to facilitate m.sc admission
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by jameseva: 5:11pm On Sep 12, 2015
acedboss:

jameseva kindly answer this question. Thanks

i went with a letter from my school stating that the 8040 was for study and living expenses during my period of study in germany. This was alongside other 'normal' documents including the a print out of the email from the embassy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 5:13pm On Sep 12, 2015
noordyn:
please guyz in the house i need an urgent reply for this question i am currently running an online MBA program and will likely completed it jan,2016 plssss can i use it to apply for 2nd master in germany school
Why not...Package Ur motivation letter... Ure good to go

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Anvicola: 5:39pm On Sep 12, 2015
Obiwannn:

wELL, DB wasnt strict with the blocked account thingy this year....Normally (last year), you would not have received a confirmation as is stated there on their site. You have nothing to fear. Go with the confirmation slip. If embassy asks why its not complete, tell them you will do so shortly, and you are in the process of completing it. If they dont? better for you. Just try make am 7908. I hear peeps have gotten visas this year with less than 8090 in their blocked accounts. Some 8000, some 8040. Why I say make it up to 7908, is so that you meet up the requirement on Consulate's website incase the alien office were to verify.

Alternatively, anyone who has gotten a visa with less than 7908 here should speak up, so that you dont bother to complete it again, even though making it up to at least 7908 would be better for you as it is the amount you have in your account that determines the monthly withdrawal sum to be accrued to u.

Tanx bro you've always been of help on this trend God go bless you on all sides as you do this selfless service.
Just that I've nt even fund the account , I'm about to and hope to do that before my interview on 22 september , just that I'm tinkin if I won't be able to fund before my interview so the VO won't query the 7000 euro thing on ma db comfirmation of the account.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by mostyg(m): 5:46pm On Sep 12, 2015
acedboss:
Hello House,

Hello Acedboss,

You can get your passport reissued before you leave Nigeria but I really dont know if the old one will be collected from you. I was at the immigration office during the last week of August and met a woman whose passport was rejected at one of these embassies because it had less than six months validity. Another passport was issued for her but like i said, I wasn't sure if they collected the old one from her.

I did a reissue for my expired passport and was given both a new and the old passport back with different passport number. The passport number of the old one is somewhere on the data page of the new one.

If your school is not far from Berlin, you may wait till it expires.

You may also need to find out the number of validity months German embassy requires before they can stamp your passport with their visa.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mostyg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2015
mostyg:

Hello Acedboss,

You can get your passport reissued before you leave Nigeria but I really dont know if the old one will be collected from you. I was at the immigration office during the last week of August and met a woman whose passport was rejected at one of these embassies because it had less than six months validity. Another passport was issued for her but like i said, I wasn't sure if they collected the old one from her.

I did a reissue for my expired passport and was given both a new and the old passport back with different passport number. The passport number of the old one is somewhere on the data page of the new one.

If your school is not far from Berlin, you may wait till it expires.

You may also need to find out the number of validity months German embassy requires before they can stamp your passport with their visa.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mostyg

Thanks a lot. I will probably go to the immigration office here in Ibadan next week to find out. i'm going to Cologne, which is actually a bit far from Berlin, so I think it's better I get a new one here before I leave, provided they don't collect the old one from me.

Thanks a lot sir.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 6:07pm On Sep 12, 2015
StoneA:
I am not sure about getting one before you leave Nigeria.

I do know you can get a new passport for around 100+ euros and it requires you going to the Nigerian embassy in Berlin.

Follow the link below for more information.

http://www.nigeriaembassygermany.org/consular_fee.htm

Thanks a lot boss.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by joneswenger: 6:14pm On Sep 12, 2015
anybody in the house who attended interview on 25th August.have anyone received email yet.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 6:27pm On Sep 12, 2015
Obiwannn:
Peeps in Germany, please how much and how long does it take to post transcripts to USA from Germany using deutsche post.?

Chai... This guy don dey plot PhD already shocked shocked
Boys are not smiling cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.