Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,993 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:06 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (276) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995019 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Kelvinpam(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
willy2000:

So higher ranked schools are better but you still chose to study in a country where the most highly ranked school is not among top 30 in the world. What an irony shocked shocked

Like I said earlier and will continue to say it, ranking is not and should not be a major deciding factor for choosing a Uni in Germany, in America or UK it may be but not here in Germany.

Aside the use of smileys. ..I must commend you made some valid points here. grin grin... lest we forget tuition is bin paid in uk and usa, therefore funds are readily available for research and development. Hence they dominate the first 50 in the world. Germany on the other hand depends on government budget and external sourcing to keep the school running. All in all, just like my great friend willy2000 tongue will say, all schools in germany are perfectly fine regardless of the rankings.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
Here's what a Faculty member from one of the Max Planck's institutes has to say about rankings:

"If you're planning to apply for a PhD at Max Planck, better to be among the 10 best graduands from an averagely-ranked school than to be among the 20-30 best graduands from a top-ranked school. Though due to competition, we understand it can be more challenging to be among the 20-30 best graduands from a top-ranked school than among the 10 best from an averagely-ranked school. But make no mistake, a top 10 graduand from a top-ranked school has more chances than a top 10 graduand from an averagely-ranked school.

Of course this is not verbatim as it was said in German. As for source? I can't remember. Try Google tongue

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
kingsleymike:
Visa Approved in 17days.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my success in one way or the other. You know yourselves, so lemme not mention names cos the list is endless. Finally, he has won.
God Bless all of you.
#Team Bremen

Congrats dear. I claim d speed of light in ur case.
Seems u funded before interview.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 6:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
Dam12:
LIST OF VISA HOPEFULS (WINTER 2015, SUMMER 2016) and (WINTER 2016)

If you have gotten an admission and have booked for an interview, Please provide the following information :

**interview date
**Institution
**level of study
**enrollment deadline
**waitlist or visa approved

e.g 1. Johnbull: Jan 12, Uni of Hamburg, MSc, April 22, waitlist

BEST WISHES...

It can then be updated on and on... U guyz can drop ur thoughts on it

And yes this makes sense.. Ain't we all happy when we connect with other naija folks going to our respective schools.

This will make things easier nd better..

I had to speak out like 3 times before I could find folks going to my uni.. I was able to find two on here.. i was so happy ehn..

.. With this one just needs use the search filter on nairaland to locate other naija peeps easily ..

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by RoyalPurple: 6:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
Light007:
@RoyalPurple I suggest you get in touch with the alien's office. Those of us (Sponsorship Letter Applicants) who have contacted them were made to understand that our documents have not been delivered to the alien's office.
So if our docs have not been delivered, what do we do considering the deadline for resumption and enrollment....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by acedboss(m): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2015
twinkle1:

Congratulations smiley ... All These Bremen people grin..
so nobody here is going to the University of Cologne. toor....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2015
RoyalPurple:

So if our docs have not been delivered, what do we do considering the deadline for resumption and enrollment....

@light . Stop saying what u are not too sure of. For the fact that ur alien office said that they ve not recieved ur documents dosent mean that other alien offices never received theirs. Call back ur alien office and use the word(VERPFLICHTUNGSERKLARUNG) which they are familiar with to explain to them.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by yusufftaiwo(m): 7:20pm On Sep 17, 2015
kingsleymike:
Visa Approved in 17days.
Thanks to everyone who contributed to my success in one way or the other. You know yourselves, so lemme not mention names cos the list is endless. Finally, he has won.
God Bless all of you.
#Team Bremen
Congrats bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stevemims(m): 7:34pm On Sep 17, 2015
kennyoguns0509:
Reporting live from Düsseldorf thanks to Kayus boss for d hospitality d guy waited for more than 2 hours @ d airport n also kunlelikeme really appreciate bro (baba no sleeping on d bicycle)

My experience with Naija immigration no funny plz just try and provide all your document starting from secondary school if possible primary school leaving certificate because they will surely ask n hold some cash (1k) they delayed me more than 50 minute asking unnecessary questions don't try to prove stubbornness just calm because hmmmmm ( na Wetin dem do me n one innocent gurl like dat )

I flew etihad u av grace of 40kg baggage and 7 kg hand luggage though they will only tell you 30kg (na format Jor)
Boss you make brain... I wish you the best.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by phempet: 7:35pm On Sep 17, 2015
Zeeblamj01:

Send ur mail to this instead
rk-visa21@lago.auswaertiges-amt.de
Direct to the woman in charge.
By the way what city are u going and have u gotten in context* contact ( this autocorrect no go kill me Oo) with the aliens office?

Evening bro,

I got an email from this address today that my documents has been sent to Germany for processes and that they can't influence the process.
Pls house I will appreciate if anybody could help get a responsive email address or phone Number of the alien Office in Goslar area of Lower Saxony.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by UgMartins1: 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
I attended an interview last Monday 14th sept. with two guys & three of us are for student visa longterm ...d two guys has gotten mail from German embassy to fund dia blocked account since Tuesday but I have not receive any mail till date. what could be the problem?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 7:40pm On Sep 17, 2015
Williamso:
Here's what a Faculty member from one of the Max Planck's institutes has to say about rankings:

"If you're planning to apply for a PhD at Max Planck, better to be among the 10 best graduands from an averagely-ranked school than to be among the 20-30 best graduands from a top-ranked school. Though due to competition, we understand it can be more challenging to be among the 20-30 best graduands from a top-ranked school than among the 10 best from an averagely-ranked school. But make no mistake, a top 10 graduand from a top-ranked school has more chances than a top 10 graduand from an averagely-ranked school.

Of course this is not verbatim as it was said in German. As for source? I can't remember. Try Google tongue

Surprise, surprise. And some 'authorities' said rankings didn't matter in Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 7:42pm On Sep 17, 2015
RANKING does matter A LOT, no matter where. We've had this argument once and it didn't turn out so well.

number13:

Surprise, surprise. And some 'authorities' said rankings didn't matter in Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:44pm On Sep 17, 2015

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:48pm On Sep 17, 2015
number13:

You know my post is actually two-sided. wink

Unto other things, please house, how long after the ausländerbehörde approves a visa does the Consulate General issue it?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 7:52pm On Sep 17, 2015
Had to modify this post. People that would have come for my head were too much.

UgMartins1:
I attended an interview last Monday 14th sept. with two guys & three of us are for student visa longterm ...d two guys has gotten mail from German embassy to fund dia blocked account since Tuesday but I have not receive any mail till date. what could be the problem?
Nothing. Go and fund your account!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 7:59pm On Sep 17, 2015
UgMartins1:

Did u fund ur account b4 d interview?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by number13: 8:06pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
RANKING does matter A LOT, no matter where. We've had this argument once and it didn't turn out so well.

Sure, it's a no-brainer.

Williamso:

You know my post is actually two-sided. wink

I know. But one side was emphasised wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 8:08pm On Sep 17, 2015
UgMartins1:

Also check ur spam box. Sometimes vital messages are seen there.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:

yea ranking do matter..,but let's have it in mind that some universities has their field of specialization which they are renowned for. even if such university isn't rank high overall........and also the small sample size which most of the ranking organization uses has highly been criticised......

In October 2012, the university of hamburg chair decided not to participate in national or international rankings in the foreseable future, stating the
administrative expenditures needed as a main reason. The small
sample size used by many rankings and their methodology have also
been criticised.

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by UgMartins1: 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2015
@uchelzon....three of us did not fund our account before the interview , that is y the German embassy asked the two guys to fund dia. also I do check my spam box though my blocked account details came immediately left the d embassy
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 8:22pm On Sep 17, 2015
aibee01:

yea ranking do matter..,but let's have it in mind that some universities has their field of specialization which they are renowned for. even if such university isn't rank high overall........and also the small sample size which most of the ranking organization uses has highly been criticised......

In October 2012, the university of hamburg chair decided not to participate in national or international rankings in the foreseable future, stating the
been criticised.

Help me tell them ohh, Na ranking I go chop grin grin

Kelvinpam:

Aside the use of smileys. ...

I love smileys Mr. Kelvin kiss no hommo

Please lets stop this ranking arguments, like someone said I am not an Academia which of course I am not, I migrated to Germany for economic reasons, which i won't deny. So ranking is bullshit and will always be. cool

In another development. http://www.dw.com/en/islamist-shot-dead-in-berlin-after-knife-attack-on-policewoman/a-18721009

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 8:24pm On Sep 17, 2015
I totally agree with you. And when I meant ranking - I didn't mean overall ranking. There are different rankings. I could attend a school that is not even in the Top 200 but #1 in my subject field. I'm talking about these sort of rankings
aibee01:

been criticised.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 8:26pm On Sep 17, 2015
Of course. Your comments have stated the obvious, earlier. A lot of people do go to GERMANY under the intention of wanting to study but do the opposite once they land. Nor be today.! Una PLENTY.
willy2000:

Help me tell them ohh, Na ranking I go chop grin grin

I love smileys Mr. Kelvin kiss no hommo

Please lets stop this ranking arguments, like someone said I am not an Academia which of course I am not, I migrated to Germany for economic reasons, which i won't deny. So ranking is bullshit and will always be. cool

In another development. http://www.dw.com/en/islamist-shot-dead-in-berlin-after-knife-attack-on-policewoman/a-18721009

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:29pm On Sep 17, 2015
Heyyyyyyyy... Ranking ooooo.. Kilon se yin na?? what can fa??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:
Of course. Your comments have stated the obvious, earlier. A lot of people do go to GERMANY under the intention of wanting to study but do the opposite once they land. Nor be today.! Una PLENTY.

Hahaha see pastor! Stop pretending and be real for once. tongue tongue tongue
I will only celebrate you and clap for you, if after your studies you return back to Nigeria.
See pot calling kettle black. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
For your information, just because I said i migrated to Germany for economic reasons doesn't mean I won't achieve my goal. This Oct will be my 3rd semester so eat your words angry angry

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:33pm On Sep 17, 2015
Chop this one sef..

[Germany's economy will grow faster because of the million refugees it is helping, study finds]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/germanys-economy-will-grow-faster-because-of-the-million-refugees-it-is-helping-study-finds-10505647.html
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
Please let's leave the rankings alone. It could be detrimental to the upcoming people. That number13 applied to only TUM and got in is the exception and not the rule! IF YOU APPLY TO ONLY ONE SCHOOL AND IT IS A TOP SCHOOL, THERE IS A HIGH CHANCE YOU WON'T GET IN. So what then happens? And even if you get into a lower-ranked school, placing emphasis on ranking could negatively affect self-esteem. So please, let's just let it slide...

willy2000:

In another development....
Oh no! Please let's not go down this route again.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by twinkle1(m): 8:36pm On Sep 17, 2015
DanIndia:

LMFAOO @ UNA PLENTY... Guy Free that part ooooo grin grin.. The ones that have both intentions ko? **Sips lipton** grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 8:38pm On Sep 17, 2015
twinkle1:
Chop this one sef..

[Germany's economy will grow faster because of the million refugees it is helping, study finds]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/germanys-economy-will-grow-faster-because-of-the-million-refugees-it-is-helping-study-finds-10505647.html

Lol Better read news Made in Germany by Germans for Germans........heheheh grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
Exactly. Almost everyone na him dey that route. But you never see who follow STUDY VISA enter country, come reach area begin do something no relate ? In fact, e dey headline yesterday sef.
twinkle1:

LMFAOO @ UNA PLENTY... Guy Free that part ooooo grin grin.. The ones that have both intentions ko? **Sips lipton** grin grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinkybabe(f): 8:39pm On Sep 17, 2015
twinkle1:

... Twinkle1

(1) (2) (3) ... (273) (274) (275) (276) (277) (278) (279) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.