Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,591 members, 7,812,922 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:39 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (299) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994984 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by moneybag100: 9:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
kilo4sure:
Pls do anyone have an idea when Goethe would begin their lectures for A1 in january next year and ideally when they would write A1 exam? is it from january till march?
Are you going for undergraduate study too? What is the process?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by aibee01(m): 9:43pm On Sep 27, 2015
hello house.....Alhamdulilah I arrived safely in hamburg yesterday and took a bus from Hamburg airport directly to kiel where the studentenwerk arrival service was already waiting for me..,then i was taken to my hostel.....met @ wiliamso and 8 other Nigerian bosses already studying in kiel.......i told @filimontana about our nairaland forum(the guy don turn german oooo,four years no be play ooo)...so he is here to help for real...........
i went to play ball today self seriously Germans are accommodating from my two days experience sha......kiel cold is still normal not like the one way obiwann they relate...

7 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 9:53pm On Sep 27, 2015
What do you want to study?

moneybag100:

Hello, bro please tell me more about the undergraduate study in germany...where do I need to get started, tell me more about studienkolleg thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by moneybag100: 9:56pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:
What do you want to study?

Biology.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 10:04pm On Sep 27, 2015
The admission is very easy lol. No competition like med... still you need studienkolleg, M course. Have you started the language course? You need B1.

moneybag100:

Biology.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by moneybag100: 10:11pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:
The admission is very easy lol. No competition like med... still you need studienkolleg, M course. Have you started the language course? You need B1.

No I haven't. Tell me about studienkolleg.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 10:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
I don't understand your question, what else do you want to know about stk?

moneybag100:

No I haven't. Tell me about studienkolleg.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by moneybag100: 10:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:
I don't understand your question, what else do you want to know about stk?

How does it work...is it like pre degree or are we to write entrance exam in nigeria? And what do I need.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 10:30pm On Sep 27, 2015
It's a foundation program (pre degree). You can't write the exam in Nigeria, you will apply for admission after your language course. The school will send you an entrance exam letter. You can use the letter to apply for visa. After the two semesters, your final exam result will be added to your SSCE result divided by two. That's your score for admission. But you will get admission for Biology with 2,0 to 3,0 , because they don't really receive applications from foreign students and each department has 7 % space for foreign students.

moneybag100:

How does it work...is it like pre degree or are we to write entrance exam in nigeria?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:32pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:
We were 650 foreign students when i went for my entrance exam. They had only 22 places for M course(Med,Pharm,Bio related department), and the other 3 departments had 22 places each. That means out of 600+ foreign students, 88 students passed the entrance exam. I did Bio,Chem,Physics,German and Math A level...everything in German.
We were 22 students when we started, 16 students finished the foundation program. Well , the students from middle east that came with 1,0 (100% or A1 lol) high school result couldn't finish, because most of them didn't use their heads for the results they brought to Germany. I wrote a Feststellungsprüfung (an assessment test) after the second semester (Phy,Math and German), and that was my final score. The final score was added to my NECO result and divided by two. I applied for admission with the points I got from the two exams (NECO and Feststellungsprüfung) and had offers from 4 Universities.

12 of my friends from the Studienkolleg are studying medicine and the rest are studying pharmacy. So it's actually not complicated, you can also work during your studienkolleg. All I will say is that the best way to get admission for a first degree in Germany is through studienkolleg, because the Germans trust the system. Anyone can come here with A level he or she didn't write wink. Let me know if you still need any info.
Ayo

Thanks for this.
Biko explain the studienkolleg thing better to me.
Did you learn german to a particular level in 9ja before going over for the studienkolleg?
How did you apply for studienkolleg? You used only WAEC? or you did A levels? did you submit ur high school transcripts? which visa did you use? Eke40seven said someone can apply for studienkolleg with NOUN result. Is that true?
How long is studienkolleg?

By the way, I should visit Kiel sometime soon....would love to meet you in person too.
Danke Schon mein Chief.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by moneybag100: 10:35pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:
It's a foundation program (pre degree). You can't write the exam in Nigeria, you will apply for admission after your language course. The school will send you an entrance exam letter. You can use the letter to apply for visa. After the two semesters, your final exam result will be added to your SSCE result divided by two. That's your score for admission. But you will get admission for Biology with 2,0 to 3,0 , because they don't really receive applications from foreign students and each department has 7 % space for foreign students.

Oh okay thanks. How many months is B1 language course in Nigeria and does it have any age limit i? I mean the studienkolleg. So all you need to apply to studienkolleg is your o'level from Nigeria?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 10:38pm On Sep 27, 2015
Contact Goethe Institut for more info, but application just closed on Friday. But bro education has no age limit na lol. You will apply with your SSCE and language school certificate.

moneybag100:

Oh okay thanks. How many months is B1 language course in Nigeria and does it have any age limit?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by moneybag100: 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:
Contact Goethe Institut for more info, but application just closed on Friday. But bro education has no age limit na lol. You will apply with your SSCE and language school certificate.

Thanks you ve been helpful, hope to see you around here often for further assistance.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 10:52pm On Sep 27, 2015
You will apply for visa with the entrance exam letter from the University. It's almost the same as an admission letter, because you will also need block account. You don't need high school transcript or A level, just send your language school and high school certificates. You can learn language to any level you want, but the minimum must be B1, it is your choice... you can do B2 to C2 if you have the money and time lol. NOUN result why the stress bro? You only need HIGH SCHOOL result and STk is just two semesters. Let's meet in Kiel no problem, you can also come to Hamburg on the 3rd for the independent party. One love!

Obiwannn:

Thanks for this.
Did you learn german to a particular level in 9ja before going over for the studienkolleg?
How did you apply for studienkolleg? You used only WAEC? or you did A levels? did you submit ur high school transcripts? which visa did you use? Eke40seven said someone can apply for studienkolleg with NOUN result. Is that true?

By the way, I should visit Kiel sometime soon....would love to meet you in person too.
Danke Schon mein Chief.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Coach8: 11:18pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:

So will a foundation cert from the UK suffice for English taught programs?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:20pm On Sep 27, 2015
filimontana:
You will apply for visa with the entrance exam letter from the University. It's almost the same as an admission letter, because you will also need block account. You don't need high school transcript or A level, just send your language school and high school certificates. You can learn language to any level you want, but the minimum must be B1, it is your choice... you can do B2 to C2 if you have the money and time lol. NOUN result why the stress bro? You only need HIGH SCHOOL result and STk is just two semesters. Let's meet in Kiel no problem, you can also come to Hamburg on the 3rd for the independent party. One love!

Excellent...
See you in Hambuuurg then grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 6:43am On Sep 28, 2015
Yes it will, but education is free here.
Coach8:

So will a foundation cert from the UK suffice for English taught programs?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 6:46am On Sep 28, 2015
filimontana:
Yes it will, but education is free here.

Please i want apply for BSC in logistics/Transport. Do i need to go through studienkolleg?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by filimontana: 7:11am On Sep 28, 2015
You don't need Studienkolleg if you have ND or you can show a first year transcript from any Uni.
Tinder:

Please i want apply for BSC in logistics/Transport. Do i need to go through studienkolleg?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 8:35am On Sep 28, 2015
[quote author=Degovmob post=38397021][/quote]

I am really happy for you. I pray everything works out perfectly. The admission is the main thing for you now. Once you get that, you are good to go.

I tell you, there are many funding opportunities for Phd students here, and you have 90% chance of being recruited as a research assistant while your programme is on. So you might end up not spending your money for the whole duration of the programme.

Truth be told, if you get your Phd here, you don blow be that. Just keep it real and be yourself. Baba God full ground for you.

Keep me updated. Cheers!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 8:45am On Sep 28, 2015
Cindino20:

Well most pple on this board re mssters student hence phd discussion is almost non existent ...search for takeastep..he is doing his doctorate (probezeit) in Hamburg I think

Phd is viewed as a job in Germany..and phd candidates re employed by the uni or research institutes ( 50% or 75% TV-L 13)...some re awarded scholarships by Graduate schs( new sys) or bodies such as DFG, Marie Curie etc..I doubt if any sch will allow you to start a phd with private funding...cos it takes abt 3-4-yrs. In some schs it is stated that private fundin is not allowed this is done to prevent students from droppin out due to financial constrains.

If you re awarded scholarship you may nt be allowed to work ( clause of scholarship so you can concentrate on your studies) ..if as a research assistant in the uni you wont ve the time to work ( I doubt if its allowed) cos you will spend some time workin in the unu and the rest o n your thesis

So my advise is this, discuss the issue of fundin with your prospective supervisor

Also check out some scholarships using this webpage.

http://www.mystipendium.de/

All the best.

Well said. I agree totally with what Cindino20 highlighted. Most importantly about discussing with your potential supervisor. Discuss everything, i mean everything. So you will be very clear about what is in stock for your. The success of your Phd is his/her success too. Dont hesitate to ask about anything not clear. As a phd student, you are more a colleague to him/her than a student. So, build a relationship and leverage on it. Thats what i'm enjoying now. Good Luck.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Degovmob: 9:06am On Sep 28, 2015
takeastep:

I am really happy for you. I pray everything works out perfectly. The admission is the main thing for you now. Once you get that, you are good to go.

I tell you, there are many funding opportunities for Phd students here, and you have 90% chance of being recruited as a research assistant while your programme is on. So you might end up not spending your money for the whole duration of the programme.

Truth be told, if you get your Phd here, you don blow be that. Just keep it real and be yourself. Baba God full ground for you.

Keep me updated. Cheers!

@Takeastep,thanks bro. I am very happy for you as well. You won't believe I have been searching for a potential supervisor since 2012. Being that waste management programs are not many as other educational courses or programs are,finding a supervisor took me time. I have sent well over 300 emails to professors and schools in Germany and Austria since 2012. Admission as you said is the main thing in PhD. A friend of mine in Munich said that once I come over to start the PhD, that he's certain that I will get a scholarship or a research/teaching assistant position. Now,you have said the same thing. It is really a morale boost. Everything is in the powerful hands of the Almighty God.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 10:02am On Sep 28, 2015
4 weeks today after my interview. I'm resuming on Thursday Oct. 1. No email no nothing! Na big wa o
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 10:06am On Sep 28, 2015
Degovmob:

@Takeastep,thanks bro. I am very happy for you as well. You won't believe I have been searching for a potential supervisor since 2012. Being that waste management programs are not many as other educational courses or programs are,finding a supervisor took me time. I have sent well over 300 emails to professors and schools in Germany and Austria since 2012. Admission as you said is the main thing in PhD. A friend of mine in Munich said that once I come over to start the PhD, that he's certain that I will get a scholarship or a research/teaching assistant position. Now,you have said the same thing. It is really a morale boost. Everything is in the powerful hands of the Almighty God.

As a Phd student, you have little or nothing to worry about. Take that to the bank!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 10:20am On Sep 28, 2015
Hampy:
4 weeks today after my interview. I'm resuming on Thursday Oct. 1. No email no nothing! Na big wa o

Ur enrollment deadline is more important here. So focus on it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 10:24am On Sep 28, 2015
Obiwannn:

Thanks for this.

Danke Schon mein Chief.
That's not what I said..LOL...I said NOUN result is an alternative to studienkolleg, not actually a requirement for studienkolleg. @filimontana, I hope you stay here longer, your angle and knowledge is invaluable.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 11:05am On Sep 28, 2015
My enrolment day is Thursday, October 1st. Lectures begin Monday, October 5th. What do i do?
uchezdedon:

Ur enrollment deadline is more important here. So focus on it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 11:36am On Sep 28, 2015
Hampy:
My enrolment day is Thursday, October 1st. Lectures begin Monday, October 5th. What do i do?

Contact ur programme coordinator for enrolment extension.
Which school are u heading to?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 12:26pm On Sep 28, 2015
2 schools. Institute of Cultural Diplomacy, Berlin and Hochschule Furtwangen. I have contacted my coordinator and she has confirmed that in case my visa is delayed, the school will issue a confirmation of possible late arrival. I'm just a little concerned. That's all. Please do you have any idea about temporary hostel is Berlin?
uchezdedon:

Contact ur programme coordinator for enrolment extension.
Which school are u heading to?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by vonolatunde: 12:47pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hampy:
,I am also going to Berlin, I applied on August 11, the refugee situation is responsible for the delay.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Hampy: 12:53pm On Sep 28, 2015
That's quite unfortunate. But i'm very optimistic everything will be fine. Which school are you going to in Berlin?
vonolatunde:
,I am also going to Berlin, I applied on August 11, the refugee situation is responsible for the delay.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by uchezdedon(m): 1:10pm On Sep 28, 2015
Hampy:
2 schools. Institute of Cultural Diplomacy, Berlin and Hochschule Furtwangen. I have contacted my coordinator and she has confirmed that in case my visa is delayed, the school will issue a confirmation of possible late arrival. I'm just a little concerned. That's all. Please do you have any idea about temporary hostel is Berlin?

http://www.wg-gesucht.de/wg-zimmer-in-berlin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (296) (297) (298) (299) (300) (301) (302) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.