Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,755 members, 7,831,424 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (999986 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 5:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
kciano:

thanks u hv am spoken well.i am really learning here.
Like I said before .canada is very expensive and I dnt even hv the fund to dia .Their school fees is outrageous and living expenses is something else.so from my calculation germany suit my financial difficulties cos I can afford the 8k euros living expenses.so I pray I get the admission to germany and join u guys .where am only scared is dat when u tell someone u r going to germany in nigeria .He will bluntly discourage u and tel u dat it's a racist country and u wwon't get Job easily unlike canada where it's easier, just like they say

My brother. I don't understand if public opinion should be your yardstick for determining where to go for better education or your financial strength? Racism as it were is everywhere. Even in America, cops keep shooting at black lads indiscriminately and none of them has been indicted, let alone jailed. At worst, such an individual would be asked to go on leave without pay pending further investigations. When investigations want end and wetin dem go do the police officer, we never still know. Even here in Nigeria there is tribalism everywhere, that is as between fellow Nigerians, their only fault is as a result of where they came from. Now, you want a white man to treat you like a king in a foreign land? How possible is that? Even if it is not that pronounced, it will still be there but I want to believe that bigger cities with lots of foreigners would be more open and receptive at least when I was in Cape Town, South Africa some 3 years back, I applied for several jobs and I went for series of interviews, my only problem then was that nobody could employ me just because I visited there with a Medical visa and not a student visa but my nationality or my grades did not really make much difference as I was able to handle the hot seats during the interview with about 2-3 people interviewing me at a time asking me to describe parts of a legal document and I did my best but for my kind of visa.

Moving forward, I want to believe that one should get even better opportunities such as that in Germany and other advanced economies if one has the right qualification and/or skills. We should all be thinking of learning their language so that we can get good jobs after graduation, that is, for those who would prefer to stay back to work. Nothing is wrong with learning it, at least for social and cultural integration so we can get along with our host communities just like we were taught during our service years. Do we all think it ends at NYSC? Absolutely not!

Lets be more realistic and progressive here. I see a Nairaland where we come here to make all manner of grammatical blunders in German language and we correct ourselves thereon instead of re-echoing what those people who never visited Benin Republic would tell us once you hint them that you are headed for Germany. If its better here, then why waste this much money to travel and study leaving behind our families, friends and our state-of-the-art toys (Cars) only to go and be catching train,tram and what have you? Whatever is what doing is worth doing well abeg.

Lets start speaking and typing german here abeg. Make we sef get Nigerian community for Germany with intellectuals at the helms of its affairs who are well versed in speaking, writing and understanding the language or those Nigerian ladies at the embassy who speak German like yoruba or igbo language get two heads?

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
well said @esdajo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 8:00pm On Mar 09, 2015
well said @esdajo
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by JustCare: 8:15pm On Mar 09, 2015
good one @esdajo
I hereby make the request that a German Language learning thread should be created for our mutual benefits.

pls someone/some people should move the motion cool
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:04pm On Mar 09, 2015
esdajo:

My brother. I don't understand if public opinion should be your yardstick for determining where to go for better education or your financial strength? Racism as it were is everywhere. Even in America, cops keep shooting at black lads indiscriminately and none of them has been indicted, let alone jailed. At worst, such an individual would be asked to go on leave without pay pending further investigations. When investigations want end and wetin dem go do the police officer, we never still know. Even here in Nigeria there is tribalism everywhere, that is as between fellow Nigerians, their only fault is as a result of where they came from. Now, you want a white man to treat you like a king in a foreign land? How possible is that? Even if it is not that pronounced, it will still be there but I want to believe that bigger cities with lots of foreigners would be more open and receptive at least when I was in Cape Town, South Africa some 3 years back, I applied for several jobs and I went for series of interviews, my only problem then was that nobody could employ me just because I visited there with a Medical visa and not a student visa but my nationality or my grades did not really make much difference as I was able to handle the hot seats during the interview with about 2-3 people interviewing me at a time asking me to describe parts of a legal document and I did my best but for my kind of visa.

Moving forward, I want to believe that one should get even better opportunities such as that in Germany and other advanced economies if one has the right qualification and/or skills. We should all be thinking of learning their language so that we can get good jobs after graduation, that is, for those who would prefer to stay back to work. Nothing is wrong with learning it, at least for social and cultural integration so we can get along with our host communities just like we were taught during our service years. Do we all think it ends at NYSC? Absolutely not!

Lets be more realistic and progressive here. I see a Nairaland where we come here to make all manner of grammatical blunders in German language and we correct ourselves thereon instead of re-echoing what those people who never visited Benin Republic would tell us once you hint them that you are headed for Germany. If its better here, then why waste this much money to travel and study leaving behind our families, friends and our state-of-the-art toys (Cars) only to go and be catching train,tram and what have you? Whatever is what doing is worth doing well abeg.

Lets start speaking and typing german here abeg. Make we sef get Nigerian community for Germany with intellectuals at the helms of its affairs who are well versed in speaking, writing and understanding the language or those Nigerian ladies at the embassy who speak German like yoruba or igbo language get two heads?

Very well said boss. Nice write up. Though concerning the bolded, you should realise this is for "prospective" German visa applicants (although mostly students) and there is a separate thread for life in Germany where that concept will be much more suitable (I still wonder why nobody posts there).

Just my submission though.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 10:58pm On Mar 09, 2015
pompido:

I would just like to chip in here that the Canadian policy you mentioned has changed starting Jan 1, 2015 with the introduction of Express Entry Programme in Canada. I am not fully equipped with the details but I know that a lot of students in Canada have started complaining about the new policy which sort of places them in the same pool as immigrants. A lot of awareness and how to's are going on to enlighten students and prospective students on what they need to do to put themselves in good stead to be eligible to stay back after studies.

I am sure further research will reveal more.

nice one bro.i hv heard about dat express entry too .Thanks for ur advise
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 10:41am On Mar 10, 2015
Sorry i'm throwing this question out again. Guess it must have been touched or answered somehow. But, guys we have a very looooong thread here.So forgive me.

Do anyone has a good information on the possibility of applying for Masters In German Universities with a HND certificate. Do they really accept such? If no, what are the options of getting to study masters with a HND? Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 11:32am On Mar 10, 2015
takeastep:
Sorry i'm throwing this question out again. Guess it must have been touched or answered somehow. But, guys we have a very looooong thread here.So forgive me.

Do anyone has a good information on the possibility of applying for Masters In German Universities with a HND certificate. Do they really accept such? If no, what are the options of getting to study masters with a HND? Thanks.

Guys, seems i got the answer to my question already: Please check this out: http://www.uni-assist.de/several-countries.html#Information%20Nigeria

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:51am On Mar 10, 2015
Princebrightn:
pls am nelson selekere i graduated from uniport with a c.g.p.a of 3.12/5.00 in geology.i applied to tuebingen,gottingen,freiburg,kiel,and bremen.pls want are my chances of been admitted.thank you

BROS u de vex o!
i like ur all hands on deck approach.
No worry, God go give u at least one...
We go see for KIEL cool
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 12:45pm On Mar 10, 2015
Omo na wa oo. no hope for 3rd class graduate, even if na to do PG Diploma before the Masters,pls help cry cry cry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2015
Obiwannn:

BROS u de vex o!
i like ur all hands on deck approach.
No worry, God go give u at least one...
We go see for KIEL cool

You go fear nah. It is the result of the research and learning that has been gained from this forum that has taught people to do the needful by increasing their chances of admission via multiple applications. Like me now:

a. TUM
b. Hamburg
c. Kiel
d. Offenburg
e. Uni Erlangen

Stuttgart for dey among but that is already out of the picture since them don sideline me for now.

The final one is in Asia. This na Germany thread so .... wink

All applications have gone out. Now the waiting begins.

P.S: Please people, do not use EMS if you have a deadline of like 10days oo. These people can give hypertension and it is not like they are cheaper sef. sent a document on friday only to be told that it will just leave nigeria yesterday (monday), when fedex or anyother serious courier service would have been halfway there by now. I just hope they deliver on or before 15th sha. undecided

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tribae: 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2015
Please assist me with an answer.
If my father is a German citizen, but has not been there for years can I be termed as an eu citizen
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 11:19pm On Mar 10, 2015
tribae:
If my father is a German citizen, but has not been there for years can I be termed as an eu citizen

How old are you? Did your dad decleared he got kids?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 12:53am On Mar 11, 2015
Tinder:
Omo na wa oo. no hope for 3rd class graduate, even if na to do PG Diploma before the Masters,pls help cry cry cry

Who said so? You or God? How many years work experience have you?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tribae: 7:39am On Mar 11, 2015
styles2009:

How old are you? Did your dad decleared he got kids?
25 years... He had kids there but then relocated back to naija and married my mum after then
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 9:46am On Mar 11, 2015
tribae:

25 years... He had kids there but then relocated back to naija and married my mum after then
I don't think you are an Eu citizen as you were born in Nigeria and possibly hold it's nationality but like i asked earlier,you should ask him, if he declared you as his kid to the German authorities.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 11:21am On Mar 11, 2015
pompido:

You go fear nah. It is the result of the research and learning that has been gained from this forum that has taught people to do the needful by increasing their chances of admission via multiple applications. Like me now:

a. TUM
b. Hamburg
c. Kiel
d. Offenburg
e. Uni Erlangen

Stuttgart for dey among but that is already out of the picture since them don sideline me for now.

The final one is in Asia. This na Germany thread so .... wink

All applications have gone out. Now the waiting begins.

P.S: Please people, do not use EMS if you have a deadline of like 10days oo. These people can give hypertension and it is not like they are cheaper sef. sent a document on friday only to be told that it will just leave nigeria yesterday (monday), when fedex or anyother serious courier service would have been halfway there by now. I just hope they deliver on or before 15th sha. undecided

lol..
me sef pass u..
some in Middle East..
1 in France..
7 in Germany..
grin grin grin

That ur Kiel and Hamburg, is it Material science and Environmental engr respectively?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:59am On Mar 11, 2015
tribae:

All the answer u need is right here: http://www.bamf.de/EN/Migration/Arbeiten/BuergerDrittstaat/buerger-drittstaat-node.html
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 7:04pm On Mar 11, 2015
Obiwannn:

lol..
me sef pass u..
some in Middle East..
1 in France..
7 in Germany..
grin grin grin

That ur Kiel and Hamburg, is it Material science and Environmental engr respectively?

very funny.... I be data communications engineering guy. so no worry, we no dey compete for slot grin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tinder: 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2015
esdajo:

Who said so? You or God? How many years work experience have you?

2years working experience
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by europe4sure(m): 4:13pm On Mar 12, 2015
any hope for 3rd class applicant with 10yrs work experience with M.P.A (masters in public admi) and wishes to do masters in germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by europe4sure(m): 4:27pm On Mar 12, 2015
can a law graduate L L B who does not attend law school in nigeria be accepted for L.L.M in germany
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bolabae: 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2015
Hello everyone, plz can somehow guide me on how to write a motivational letter, or paste his/hers here for those who applied for masters.
Danke
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:44pm On Mar 12, 2015
pompido:

very funny.... I be data communications engineering guy. so no worry, we no dey compete for slot grin

SMH.....who tell u say i de compete with u? undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 9:50pm On Mar 12, 2015
Obiwannn:

SMH.....who tell u say i de compete with u? undecided

Obi, why so serious? I was just kidding nah. All in good time....

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by europe4sure(m): 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2015
europe4sure:
can a law graduate L L B who does not attend law school in nigeria be accepted for L.L.M in germany
help plsg
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by europe4sure(m): 10:15pm On Mar 12, 2015
europe4sure:
need help pls house
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by europe4sure(m): 10:18pm On Mar 12, 2015
europe4sure:
any hope for 3rd class applicant with 10yrs work experience with M.P.A (masters in public admi) and wishes to do masters in germany
gurus pls help out
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:25am On Mar 13, 2015
europe4sure:
I'll suggest you look through DAAD, check for schools that offer LLM and check their requirements. Furthermore, you can mail the programme coordinators to ask specifically and they'll reply you promptly... Hope this helps.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by esdajo: 9:21pm On Mar 13, 2015
Tinder:

2years working experience

Bros abeg apply to schools of your choice, private ones inclusive. I got a straight admission with 4 years plus work experience with the same 3rd class you are idolizing and making it appear like Olumo rock. A good statement of purpose and reference letter from your employer to vouch for your practical on-the-job prowess would do. Just put God first and the rest will be history. Its by grace, not grades!

5 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:14am On Mar 14, 2015
europe4sure:

Having a 3rd class isn't a dead end. To the best of my knowledge, there are always special prerequsites for candidates who do not meet the Postgraduate requirement.

Since you already have an MPA, i think you have a better chance when you add it to your bachelors degree. It's best if you contact the university before sending your application documents. But I'm s there should be a special consideration for applicants with prior postgraduate qualification

Another aspect is the language. Being able to speak German influences the admission process a lot. Eve for courses that dont require knowledge of German. When you can speak at leas A2 German, priority is given to you during admissions, thats to the best of my knowledge.

Goodluck
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by rafcrown(m): 3:45am On Mar 14, 2015
I am badly looking for any kind of work in the Bavaria area of Germany.
Just learning the language
I have permission to work.
ANY GOOD PERSON to guide and direct or supply info
rafcrownus@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.