Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,847 members, 7,813,859 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:03 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995277 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 10:52pm On Mar 16, 2015
styles2009:

If i may ask,must you always reply to almost every post?
That Nigerian mentality of "using a sharp coloured photocopy" is rather the dumbest on this thread.
How about telling the applicant to try and get copies of same letter addressed to different universities,if they really want an admission to those school
Na by force to reply ? park well

bros u no sabi talk o.

sincerely.
can't u pass your message across without sounding derogatory?
or u just have the sole aim of derailing this thread?

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 11:43pm On Mar 16, 2015
styles2009:

That Nigerian mentality of "using a sharp coloured photocopy" is rather the dumbest on this thread.
How about telling the applicant to try and get copies of same letter addressed to different universities,if they really want an admission to those school

come on!, it is people with mentality like yours that make life difficult for others. how is it any of your business the number of posts he responds to? What mentality is Nigerian if i may ask? I would have tried to explain the circumstance that warranted the responses from EKE to you but I am pretty sure your puny grey matter is stuck in whatever stone age you delude yourself as being in.

It is surely not by forced impulse that you choose to regurgitate your blarney. shush if you've got nothing valuable to contribute and leave those that need the advice to do what they will with the little provided.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 10:00am On Mar 17, 2015
styles2009:

"That Nigerian mentality"? Are you Japanese? and if you are, WTH are you doing here? If you feel it's a dumb idea that's fine, but do you really have to be condescending? If he and a lot of others were like you, this thread would have been dead and buried by now, so I think he even deserves some credit. Sheesh!!!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gcapable(m): 10:45am On Mar 17, 2015
I am with styles2009 on this.

AK has been helpful and he has contributed immensely to this thread no doubt but truth be told, he is over doing it these days, making peeps lazy and all that.

Questions peeps ask lately on this thread are just pathetic. You want to go for masters and you can't use your discretion on little issues makes me wonder how some peeps graduated from school. E.g. AK's write up in the last pages of part1 of this thread dealt with alot of issues including how 3rd class graduates and grad with less than 3.0cgpa can gain admission in Germany and he has made reference to that write in this part2 yet, peeps keep asking the same questions. The most annoying part is that esdajo still gave a clue using himself as an example and peeps are still asking to give lists of school that will accept 3rd class and the school that gave him admission. It is just pathetic.

Please don't get me wrong, am not saying peeps should not ask for help/question but let us try and do some little research on our part. You just can't keep asking questions like list of schools to apply to, that offers this, that accepts this, if you can photocopy your certified documents etc. Like seriously?

AK Baba not trying to discourage you, you are doing great helping peeps out but kindly reduce the OVER-SPOON FEEDING to mere SPOON FEEDING.

AMANDA AWETU.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by pompido: 11:08am On Mar 17, 2015
Gcapable:

AK has been helpful and he has contributed immensely to this thread no doubt but truth be told, he is over doing it these days, making peeps lazy and all that.

Questions peeps ask lately on this thread are just pathetic. You want to go for masters and you can't use your discretion on little issues makes me wonder how some peeps graduated from school. E.g. AK's write up in the last pages of part1 of this thread dealt with alot of issues including how 3rd class graduates and grad with less than 3.0cgpa can gain admission in Germany and he has made reference to that write in this part2 yet, peeps keep asking the same questions. The most annoying part is that esdajo still gave a clue using himself as an example and peeps are still asking to give lists of school that will accept 3rd class and the school that gave him admission. It is just pathetic.

Please don't get me wrong, am not saying peeps should not ask for help/question but let us try and do some little research on our part. You just can't keep asking questions like list of schools to apply to, that offers this, that accepts this, if you can photocopy your certified documents etc. Like seriously?

AK Baba not trying to discourage you, you are doing great helping peeps out but kindly reduce the OVER-SPOON FEEDING to mere SPOON FEEDING.

AMANDA AWETU.

I do get your point and as is obvious, everyone has their issues to sort out. There was a time on this thread when people would get a response like "read from page 150 of thread 1" or "read this thread from the start" to questions they felt had been dealt with but recently people have stopped doing that. The only thing keeping this thread alive is the banters that go on here daily, be it trivial or a huge announcement of admission or rejection. If we all start classifying queries and people, this thread will just go silent and die off but even if that doesn't happen it is still a general rule of thumb that no knowledge is a waste.

This issue of getting references from professors and lecturers may be daunting to some because of their non-cooperation in signing up to 7 documents. I am sure if i told you how I went about getting my references without getting into my school for same you will not believe that is even a possibility and I am sure people would learn from it and seek to try it out to see if it can work for them too.

Let us stop all insinuations about people's abilities because you do not know them. For all you know, given the same favorable circumstances and opportunities, they might end up being miles ahead of most.

Let the Love show people.

All in good time..........
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ejiro16: 11:19am On Mar 17, 2015
Good day house, Pls aw does d sponsorship option work and how long is d processing? Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
ejiro16:
Good day house, Pls aw does d sponsorship option work and how long is d processing? Thanks.
Check the search button on this nairaland forum and type "Verpflichtungserklarüng". You will get all the previous post on it.

Gcapable:
AMANDA AWETU.

Thanks for all your eulogies but can you help me further by pointing out any where I "over spoonfed" anyone since you are now part of the dream team that condones unwarranted cheap insults. Even lately I have been too busy visiting the thread but I do it anyway not as if I will get a kobo after neither is there any entertainment in it nor will my internet data increase after then, This very minute, I'm typing from inside a vehicle!. I shared my experience based on what worked for me and someone, in fact, people I recommended same for.
If you can't point out the wrongs you accuse me of (a quote will do) just turn a blind eye to my subsequent posts but if you do, trust me, I will kindly apologize and adjust appropriately.

A month ago, someone vented his anger on me on why I do pass across information to people here and was full of praise about his abilities to research. However, I remembered clearly one of the first question he asked just 7 months before was "Can I open a blocked account at the embassy at Abuja, please you guys should answer my questions na". It was really funny when the answer was just a few pages before.

For other frustrated souls surfing the net looking for cheap publicity to boost their downtrodden ego, I really do not have the strength to reply infantile tantrums by some man sized babies. One can't please everyone, you can only do your best and leave the rest.
Peace!

11 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 2:05pm On Mar 17, 2015
styles2009:

Oga Titus ,park well jor. If eke is over zealous or anything, I don't think its any of your business .He replied someone and the person is grateful, that's what counts.
If the so called Nigerian mentality is dumb, I don't see how your Cambodian mentality of denigration and personality attack is any better.
Do you think derailing the thread will earn you any cheap popularity? Abeg go drink zobo

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 2:22pm On Mar 17, 2015
Gcapable:

AMANDA AWETU.

I read your post over and over again and i can't help but say its not only baffling but self contradicting.
You started by supporting styles for his childish digs ,then you metamorphosed into sympathising with Ak before subtly admonishing him for over spoon feeding (whatever that is)
Your response or whatever you call it, is totally pointless and as a consequence ,useless
Everybody on this thread has been spoonfed before so what's the big deal about returning the favour .
I wonder why people equate asking of questions, (no matter how dumb), to laziness.
The purpose of this thread is to help each other achieve a common goal.Let's stick to that
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ejiro16: 4:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
It's bn 3 weeks since I forwarded my sponsorship to d embassy and no response yet. My sch resumes in 2 weeks. Pls, wat do u advise dat i do?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:48pm On Mar 17, 2015
ejiro16:
It's bn 3 weeks since I forwarded my sponsorship to d embassy and no response yet. My sch resumes in 2 weeks. Pls, wat do u advise dat i do?
Did you check the mail you sent it to whether its the current one in use?
Hope you sent the scan copy of the sponsorship letter, The data page of your international passport and your admission letter preferably in PDF to them.
Did you call the embassy after one week to launch your complaints?
If you have done none of those things then your waiting may be an exercise in utter futility.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ejiro16: 8:29pm On Mar 17, 2015
Eke40seven:

Did you check the mail you sent it to whether its the current one in use?
Hope you sent the scan copy of the sponsorship letter, The data page of your international passport and your admission letter preferably in PDF to them.
Did you call the embassy after one week to launch your complaints?
If you have done none of those things then your waiting may be an exercise in utter futility.

I have, but I was told my documents ahs bn forwarded to alien immigration office in Germany.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 8:38pm On Mar 17, 2015
Typical Nigerians. Climb and kick away the ladder.
styles2009:

Gcapable:
AMANDA AWETU.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 8:40pm On Mar 17, 2015
Just Got a Mail from TUM, telling me my Diploma isn't ok. Pls any TUM applicant in the house. What diploma are the referring to here. High school Diploma which is equivalent to Waec? Or is there another type of Diploma again...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:01am On Mar 18, 2015
obioraval:
Just Got a Mail from TUM, telling me my Diploma isn't ok. Pls any TUM applicant in the house. What diploma are the referring to here. High school Diploma which is equivalent to Waec? Or is there another type of Diploma again...
Did you apply for Bsc or Masters degree. If it is Bsc course most German uni dont accept WAEC for undergraduate studies.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 1:14pm On Mar 18, 2015
Rayhut:

Did you apply for Bsc or Masters degree. If it is Bsc course most German uni dont accept WAEC for undergraduate studies.

I applied for MSc Program.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:13pm On Mar 18, 2015
obioraval:

I applied for MSc Program.
If that is the case, they are referring to your Bsc certificate, did the course you applied for match with your Bsc course
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 2:47pm On Mar 18, 2015
Rayhut:

If that is the case, they are referring to your Bsc certificate, did the course you applied for match with your Bsc course

I used Statement/Notification of result in applying. My certificate isn't ready yet. The course actually Matched my Bsc course.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:28pm On Mar 18, 2015
obioraval:

I used Statement/Notification of result in applying. My certificate isn't ready yet. The course actually Matched my Bsc course.
If you certified the document and your transcript, it is Okay. Just know that the admission to universities in Germany is very competitive, I hope you applied to more than one university.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 7:59pm On Mar 18, 2015
Rayhut:

If you certified the document and your transcript, it is Okay. Just know that the admission to universities in Germany is very competitive, I hope you applied to more than one university.

Thanks Bro. I really appreciate your help. Sure, applying to 2 other schools. 2 courses in TUHH and 3courses in TU darmstadt. Below is an excerpt of the mail they sent me. I will begin processing my Certificate based on this.

"I have just checked your application on our system. There it says at the postion of your diploma that we have only received a provisional version of your diploma. Please send us a notarized copy of your diploma as soon as you have it."
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by bolabae: 9:04pm On Mar 18, 2015
Hello house........plz kindly assist me on how to go abt the motivational letter.
Tnks

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
obioraval:

Thanks Bro. I really appreciate your help. Sure, applying to 2 other schools. 2 courses in TUHH and 3courses in TU darmstadt. Below is an excerpt of the mail they sent me. I will begin processing my Certificate based on this.

"I have just checked your application on our system. There it says at the postion of your diploma that we have only received a provisional version of your diploma. Please send us a notarized copy of your diploma as soon as you have it."

Bros what they are saying is that they dont accept statement/notification of result; it must be a notorized certificate.since you dont have your certificate at hand' forget about Tum and concentrate on others
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 9:08pm On Mar 18, 2015
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=how+to+write+a+motivational+letter+for+university
bolabae:
Hello house........plz kindly assist me on how to go abt the motivational letter.
Tnks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:20pm On Mar 18, 2015
bolabae:
Tnks
Motivation letter has no format. write about work exprience' history' what make you to chose the course.future etc
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 10:54pm On Mar 18, 2015
Rayhut:

Bros what they are saying is that they dont accept statement/notification of result; it must be a notorized certificate.since you dont have your certificate at hand' forget about Tum and concentrate on others

Ok. Thanks bro
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 12:09am On Mar 19, 2015
obioraval:

Did you certify the particular statement you sent?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 6:27am On Mar 19, 2015
Williamso:

Did you certify the particular statement you sent?

Yes, I certified it at the German Embassy.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 8:53am On Mar 19, 2015
obioraval:

Yes, I certified it at the German Embassy.

Ok. You could mail them explaining that your certificate isn't ready, and may not be in some years time. After all it's common practice in Nigeria to collect your certificate years later (I'm assuming you finished from a federal/state school).
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 11:25am On Mar 19, 2015
bolabae:
Tnks
Your questions have been answered. Just to help you further. Here is my article from last year.

"LETTER OF MOTIVATION: DAAD AND GERMAN
RECOMMENDED CONTENTS AND FORMAT
Thank God for the internet, just ‘type motivation letter’ on Goggle and in seconds you will have a million materials at your disposal, however, choosing the most appropriate becomes the problem or will I say evaluating all the contents on a point by point basis and selecting one which
is short and simple. Those evaluating your letters have a lot to read and so they are only looking for some salient points in order to make their decisions. However, the mistake many make is that they dwell on a particular point and cover paper space that could have been used for other pertinent issues. This becomes boring for these guys, I can imagine the others on the panel dozing off and snoring over their Wurst and drinks before they even get to the middle of your page.
The recommendations are not exclusively mine but contain a synergy of what DAAD and also some top universities recommends.
FORMAT
Some write theirs like a standard letter as sampled below
Format1
21 xxxxx street,
Postcode,
City, state,
Country.
Date.
Admission office/department/coordinator,
Department/course,
University.
Dear Sir/Madam,
MOTIVATION LETTER/LETTER OF MOTIVATION/
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Introduction
Contents
Conclusion
Yours faithfully
Name
Format 2:
MOTIVATION LETTER/LETTER OF MOTIVATION/
STATEMENT OF PURPOSE
Dear Sir and Madam,
Introduction
Contents
Conclusion
Yours faithfully
Name
For the INTRODUCTION, it is usually advisable you start with a hook or a story that will capture the attention of the readers, it would usually be a story that inspired your decision to take that course or be in that profession. For example if the course you were going for is in music, your hook could go a little something like this;
" I have always had a strong connection with musical instruments from the first time I physically touched a piano at age 4, in my grandfather's house, I would play with it until i slept off on it, it was my favorite toy, it was interesting that unlike most toys, my love for them didn’t wane as I matured but became so strong. My talent was however brought to light when I played, my mother’s favorite song on her 40thbirthday to the delight of her friends and family and by that time I was already a skilled player in four musical instruments, I was age 12………..”

That above may not be absolutely typical but to give you an idea of what a hook should look like. In countries like America, most schools will expect you to write a hook. It helps however to make your letter interesting whatever country your prospective school is. The alternative
is just for you to dully go straight to the point in a businesslike manner and just state the reason for writing the letter.

For the CONTENTS, to make my work easier, I will cull this part from DAAD, with slight modifications here and there

“What is your professional goal? In which sector would you like to work after obtaining your Master’s degree?
In which way do you intend to contribute to the social, political or technical development of your home country once you are in a respective position? (You may refer to knowledge from books and newspapers as well as to your professional or personal experience. Some facts and figures are highly welcome.)

Why do you apply for the chosen Master’s programme?
Which of the courses offered in this programme are particularly beneficial in pursuing your professional goals?
-Why do you think you are the right person for this programme?
- What knowledge and skills gathered in your previous education will be useful?
- Have you already gathered any relevant professional experience and/or as a member of any organization?
- How do you estimate your own personality? Do you think you are a good leader? Are you somebody who can make a difference? What makes you think so? (Emphasize your strong points, but be realistic.)

 Why do you want to study in Germany?
- What do you know about the German university system and the specifics of studying in Germany? Do you expect it to be different form studying at your home university? If so, in which way?
- Is there anything in Germany (society, political system, economy…) which you think could serve as a model for your own country?
- (For technical subjects) Is there any technology developed in Germany which you would like to apply in Nigeria? Which one exactly? Why?
- Are there any German organizations, institutions or companies you would like to visit or learn more about?
Why?

Make sure your letter of motivation is well composed. First reflect on all the above questions, take notes, read more, discuss with friends. Then write an outline. Then write the text.
- Avoid all kind of platitudes, flowery phrases and flattery.
- Deal with your topics in a reflective and factual way. Do not campaign for your beliefs.
Your motivation letter should not be more than 2 pages for whatever reason.
Double check your grammar and spellings as wrong use of grammar and spellings will give a bad impression of your personality and may also rubbish your claims."

P.S. Try as much as possible to read part 1 of the thread at least from page 350 to the end. You will find it much useful.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
I received message today from Uni Tuebingen, informing me that I have cross the first selection process, that my application will participate in the final selection procedure for AEG course. Kudos to NIPOST it took them only one week to deliver my registered mail to Germany. Uni Tuebingen notify me on monday exactly one week of posting the letter with the Nipost, that they have received my document and today I got another message from them. I dont know whether is because of the election that made them to be fast like that, I thank God for that, waiting their final selection.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 10:50pm On Mar 20, 2015
I feel it's cool I talk at this time and my talk is directed to Eke, I think ppl like you are very rare, ignore the talks of spoon feeding or whatever anyone may call it, been over zealous and more. You need to know that many of us really appreciate you. Considering the fact that u gain nothing by sharing your knowledge and experience here and I think u deserve more than that. I have been closely following this thread for more than a year and I've gained alot from your wealth of experience. Glory to God, I have been offered admission for winter semester and I must say I'm preparing for my interview with the template u gave on this page, so why won't someone like me be thankful. I really appreciate you and may God bring smiles to your face

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by eldav(m): 11:53pm On Mar 20, 2015
Oye50:
I feel it's cool I talk at this time and my talk is directed to Eke, I think ppl like you are very rare, ignore the talks of spoon feeding or whatever anyone may call it, been over zealous and more. You need to know that many of us really appreciate you. Considering the fact that u gain nothing by sharing your knowledge and experience here and I think u deserve more than that. I have been closely following this thread for more than a year and I've gained alot from your wealth of experience. Glory to God, I have been offered admission for winter semester and I must say I'm preparing for my interview with the template u gave on this page, so why won't someone like me be thankful. I really appreciate you and may God bring smiles to your face

Congrats Bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 109
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.