Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,827 members, 7,813,745 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (995244 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 12:04am On Mar 21, 2015
Hello comrades. Kudos to everyone in the house. Is there any TUM power eng conqeror in the house? Please do share your experience.

Moreso, contributions will be cherished from Freiburg Univ's Renewable Energy Eng & Mgt previous applicants.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kciano: 7:28am On Mar 21, 2015
Please is dia anyone here dat applied to WASTE in university of stuttgart ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Oye50(m): 11:27am On Mar 21, 2015
eldav:

Congrats Bro.
Thanks man
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 12:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
obioraval:

Thanks Bro. I really appreciate your help. Sure, applying to 2 other schools. 2 courses in TUHH and 3courses in TU darmstadt. Below is an excerpt of the mail they sent me. I will begin processing my Certificate based on this.

"I have just checked your application on our system. There it says at the postion of your diploma that we have only received a provisional version of your diploma. Please send us a notarized copy of your diploma as soon as you have it."
Hi bro. Did u include IELTS/TOEFL result in your TUHH application?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 2:06pm On Mar 21, 2015
lobito007:

Hi bro. Did u include IELTS/TOEFL result in your TUHH application?
Nope. ETS would send it. If u have not written but have registered, send the ticket confirmation along with ur application.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 2:26pm On Mar 21, 2015
@obioraval, dont forget TUM. It is an awesome school. Try and get your certificate, if you cant, call the program coordinator at TUM and explain everything. If you sent a certified copy of your transcript, also let he/her know then i think you have to promise to make it ready before the beginning of your 2nd year in school. Its not a big deal but you have to first of all try to get the certificate. I think they can make a concession for you. Dont forget: call the program coordinator or send them a mail explaining d situation.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kunlelikeme: 3:19pm On Mar 21, 2015
hello,everyone...how is your application process going?i want to advice you guyz before coming to Germany.they so much cherish their language and do not want to speak any other language,i have been here for almost 5months still learning because i could not get a job without language.
So please start planning to register for language course or use youtube to learn online,even duolingo is very good...you need to speak German to succeed here.if you speak German,there are jobs all over everywhere...and also people applying to rhine-waal univ should try and apply to some other schools in munich,berlin,stuttgart,leipzig,hamburg..those are places you can get job easily....Kleve is very boring and very limited to student jobs...but if you do not have any other option then come here and huzzle your way out...Please is there anybody going to munich ,wurzburg or shweinfurt..please write me let's talk...if you are already there please i need some very important infos from you..
Regards

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 3:47pm On Mar 21, 2015
kunlelikeme:
hello,everyone...how is your application process going?i want to advice you guyz before coming to Germany.they so much cherish their language and do not want to speak any other language,i have been here for almost 5months still learning because i could not get a job without language.
So please start planning to register for language course or use youtube to learn online,even duolingo is very good...you need to speak German to succeed here.if you speak German,there are jobs all over everywhere...and also people applying to rhine-waal univ should try and apply to some other schools in munich,berlin,stuttgart,leipzig,hamburg..those are places you can get job easily....Kleve is very boring and very limited to student jobs...but if you do not have any other option then come here and huzzle your way out...Please is there anybody going to munich ,wurzburg or shweinfurt..please write me let's talk...if you are already there please i need some very important infos from you..
Regards

You are right!! Like in the big cities and universities, there are lots of jobs for students and even for english speakers. If its a big research university' there are a million studen assistant positions because of research. You can even get a job as a native english speaker in a language school if your English is blemish-free and without accent. That is why school in those bigger cities are very competitive. So try an write a knock out motivation letter even if your grades are not so good. They also love community work here so better be serious with your CDS. Mine was a huge help for me(i say this from experience). Dont let people pull you down or allow yourself to be spoonfed. Its not the best for you. You can also try to learn german and please make absolute sure you brush up your proficiency in MS office applications. You may be awesome at everything buy if that is crap, you cant do anything esp Excel.

Anyway, thats all i can remember for now.
Tchuss.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kunlelikeme: 4:24pm On Mar 21, 2015
@ebele,which of the cities are you?i am planning to move from here this winter to Munich or a better city ....Rhine-Waal is a very good school for students who do have people to sponsor them but for people who will huzzle and pay bills...Kleve no be am o,especially if you are studying engineering or science courses which are very demanding...the people here also are not very civilised...so in bigger cities there are many opportunities than dulling yourself in this environment......just an advice so you think before you leap
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by obioraval(m): 6:17pm On Mar 21, 2015
ebele17:
@obioraval, dont forget TUM. It is an awesome school. Try and get your certificate, if you cant, call the program coordinator at TUM and explain everything. If you sent a certified copy of your transcript, also let he/her know then i think you have to promise to make it ready before the beginning of your 2nd year in school. Its not a big deal but you have to first of all try to get the certificate. I think they can make a concession for you. Dont forget: call the program coordinator or send them a mail explaining d situation.
smiles. thank you ma. TUM can't just be relegated like that oh. i would do as u have said. the document is actually needed for enrollment. so first is securing the admission. i am confident sha.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 21, 2015
kunlelikeme:
@ebele,which of the cities are you?i am planning to move from here this winter to Munich or a better city ....Rhine-Waal is a very good school for students who do have people to sponsor them but for people who will huzzle and pay bills...Kleve no be am o,especially if you are studying engineering or science courses which are very demanding...the people here also are not very civilised...so in bigger cities there are many opportunities than dulling yourself in this environment......just an advice so you think before you leap

@Kunlelikeme, am in munich but it depends on your studies. Are you changing school/course of study or what? Munich is really a great place to work. Its expensive ooo but you will make just enough to pay your rent and utilities. But you will get a good job here. Almost all the major companies are here and they are always constantly recruiting. Research universities such as rLMU, TUM, University of Munich, and institutions like Max Planck research institutions always recruit students as research assistants. Its a hard tough road oo. E no dey easy but its a very good start. Engineering, IT, Science - these are the areas that trive here and recruit alot.

But like i said, it still depends on you and your studies.
PS: Munich accommodation is expensive like up to 1000€ a month for a room depending on location.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 12:39am On Mar 22, 2015
ebele17:

@Kunlelikeme, am in munich but it depends on your studies. Are you changing school/course of study or what? Munich is really a great place to work. Its expensive ooo but you will make just enough to pay your rent and utilities. But you will get a good job here. Almost all the major companies are here and they are always constantly recruiting. Research universities such as rLMU, TUM, University of Munich, and institutions like Max Planck research institutions always recruit students as research assistants. Its a hard tough road oo. E no dey easy but its a very good start. Engineering, IT, Science - these are the areas that trive here and recruit alot.

But like i said, it still depends on you and your studies.
PS: Munich accommodation is expensive like up to 1000€ a month for a room depending on location.
Going through your profile, I discovered you are studying @ TUM. What were the pre-admission interview questions like? More so, it is stated on the sch's website that a score of 95% in the 1st round of assessment secures you automatic admission without interview, but u once stated it here that it's 70%.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:21am On Mar 22, 2015
lobito007:

Going through your profile, I discovered you are studying @ TUM. What were the pre-admission interview questions like? More so, it is stated on the sch's website that a score of 95% in the 1st round of assessment secures you automatic admission without interview, but u once stated it here that it's 70%.

It depends on the department. Requirements differ. Some departments can have different cutoff marks where you will get automatic admission and the another one where they will interview you before they say yes or no. If you fall into the 2nd stage it just means that they need you to convince them more especially if you have a poor grade in some required course. For my course, the cut off was 100 points for automatic admission and 70 points for interview admission. Anything below that will be rejected. There is another guy in my campus but in another course. I think for his course, automatic admission was from 70points and interview 50 points or so. I am not so sure.
But the bottom line is they are very strict here and you can boost ur chances by the type of letter you write, your social work, job experience ( industrial training is Internship, NYSC is Internship too- they like to see stuff like dat) volunteer work, grades especially in the key areas they want. If your bsc doesnt match d msc you applied for, you have to prove to them that you can handle the stuff and the stress that comes with it. All this will be assessed and assigned points, depending on d department, you either get automatic, interview or outright rejection. If you get automatic, good for you but if its interview, then the second phase starts. Most departments rarely just give automatic, most of them still even want to talk to you. I think everybody in my class was interviewed, automatic or not. They then want to find out how much u know about the course, your level of english and understanding- this one is really important because its one thing to do ielt and tofel and the rest, its another to understand what "disruptive economic technology" means (for example). So its their chance to test how well u will understand the lectures. They also ask you your motivation for choosing them, there are videos online either YouTube or stuff which can show you how to dress, sit, talk during a skype interview. But you need to know why u choose them and be enthusiastic about it and know everything you need to know about the school, course, prospects, town where it is, application of said or acquired knowledge. Its very tough and it can last up to an hour, its not impossible tho but you have to prepare. Sell yourself, make them laff, ask questions, give them a riddle to solve, they will see that u are smart and they will think that the bad grade is maybe one time wen you were sick or watever and couldn't write well.
You have to have clear English, dont worry about ur accent, they will understand andif they dont they can ask you to repeat it again. But you have to practice, i always practice by talkin to myself in front of the mirror, recording my voice and playing it over again to myself to hear where i made mistakes.
So basically, be confident, know your stuff if you are called for interview, smile alot, be in a quiet place no background noise, and tell them why you are better than all the other people they want to consider.

So, i think thats it. From my personal experience, it may be different for other people but i think its generally the same. In TUM you have a lot of privileges, if you can get it, try all your possible best to. Companies here look at your school esp if you are applying for a werkstudent position or internship, i cannot count how many times my application was pick just because i wrote that i am a student of TUM. The semester fee is cheap 111€, semester ticket is cheap too, you get the Isar semester card when you pay 147€ and its for 6 months so you can go anywhere with in the MVV network, get on any train or bus or tram or public transport without paying. Its really awesome. Its tought to get in but once you are in, the rewards are awesome. Some jobs here you can get without a single knowledge of German. The language course is offered by the school for free in the semester or really cheap during the holidays. LMU is a sister university so you have the ability to get stuff from them and use their stuff too, like library, gym, language classes, concert tickets and so on
Well, plenty write up. I think i have basically covered all you asked but i always say, when in doubt, contact the program coordinator, every course has one and they will answer all your questions.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadura29(m): 9:48am On Mar 22, 2015
@ebele, I want you to help me make corrections were necessary on my letter of motivation. vielen dank!!.. @lobito , they cherish their language so much and they don't joke with it. I am currently attending German classes here in Nigeria to prepare Me for my msc program.

[quote author=ebele17 post=31857288]

You are right!! Like in the big cities and universities, there are lots of jobs for students and even for english speakers. If its a big research university' there are a million studen assistant positions because of research. You can even get a job as a native english speaker in a language school if your English is blemish-free and without accent. That is why school in those bigger cities are very competitive. So try an write a knock out motivation letter even if your grades are not so good. They also love community work here so better be serious with your CDS. Mine was a huge help for me(i say this from experience). Dont let people pull you down or allow yourself to be spoonfed. Its not the best for you. You can also try to learn german and please make absolute sure you brush up your proficiency in MS office applications. You may be awesome at everything buy if that is crap, you cant do anything esp Excel.

Anyway, thats all i can remember for now.
Tchuss.[/quote
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by oneeast: 10:30am On Mar 22, 2015
Ok
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 10:35am On Mar 22, 2015
ebele17:

It depends on the department. Requirements differ. Some departments can have different cutoff marks where you will get automatic admission and the another one where they will interview you before they say yes or no. If you fall into the 2nd stage it just means that they need you to convince them more especially if you have a poor grade in some required course. For my course, the cut off was 100 points for automatic admission and 70 points for interview admission. Anything below that will be rejected. There is another guy in my campus but in another course. I think for his course, automatic admission was from 70points and interview 50 points or so. I am not so sure.
But the bottom line is they are very strict here and you can boost ur chances by the type of letter you write, your social work, job experience ( industrial training is Internship, NYSC is Internship too- they like to see stuff like dat) volunteer work, grades especially in the key areas they want. If your bsc doesnt match d msc you applied for, you have to prove to them that you can handle the stuff and the stress that comes with it. All this will be assessed and assigned points, depending on d department, you either get automatic, interview or outright rejection. If you get automatic, good for you but if its interview, then the second phase starts. Most departments rarely just give automatic, most of them still even want to talk to you. I think everybody in my class was interviewed, automatic or not. They then want to find out how much u know about the course, your level of english and understanding- this one is really important because its one thing to do ielt and tofel and the rest, its another to understand what "disruptive economic technology" means (for example). So its their chance to test how well u will understand the lectures. They also ask you your motivation for choosing them, there are videos online either YouTube or stuff which can show you how to dress, sit, talk during a skype interview. But you need to know why u choose them and be enthusiastic about it and know everything you need to know about the school, course, prospects, town where it is, application of said or acquired knowledge. Its very tough and it can last up to an hour, its not impossible tho but you have to prepare. Sell yourself, make them laff, ask questions, give them a riddle to solve, they will see that u are smart and they will think that the bad grade is maybe one time wen you were sick or watever and couldn't write well.
You have to have clear English, dont worry about ur accent, they will understand andif they dont they can ask you to repeat it again. But you have to practice, i always practice by talkin to myself in front of the mirror, recording my voice and playing it over again to myself to hear where i made mistakes.
So basically, be confident, know your stuff if you are called for interview, smile alot, be in a quiet place no background noise, and tell them why you are better than all the other people they want to consider.

So, i think thats it. From my personal experience, it may be different for other people but i think its generally the same. In TUM you have a lot of privileges, if you can get it, try all your possible best to. Companies here look at your school esp if you are applying for a werkstudent position or internship, i cannot count how many times my application was pick just because i wrote that i am a student of TUM. The semester fee is cheap 111€, semester ticket is cheap too, you get the Isar semester card when you pay 147€ and its for 6 months so you can go anywhere with in the MVV network, get on any train or bus or tram or public transport without paying. Its really awesome. Its tought to get in but once you are in, the rewards are awesome. Some jobs here you can get without a single knowledge of German. The language course is offered by the school for free in the semester or really cheap during the holidays. LMU is a sister university so you have the ability to get stuff from them and use their stuff too, like library, gym, language classes, concert tickets and so on
Well, plenty write up. I think i have basically covered all you asked but i always say, when in doubt, contact the program coordinator, every course has one and they will answer all your questions.
This is quite insightful. Thank you.

My cgpa in the german grading system is 2.0, and I'v got a B.Eng in mechanical engineering. I have sent in my application for Power Engineering. Do you know of anyone who has made it into this prog? I intend to have my interview via the phone rather than skype.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kunlelikeme: 6:26pm On Mar 22, 2015
@ebele i am presently studying mechatronics engineering but this place is just too far and its really difficult to survive here bros,its a very good environment for people who have sponsorers o...i want to change my course to either business and engineering or logistics at University of Würzburg-Schweinfurt. the campus is in schweinfurt which is in bavaria state too.i don't know if you know about wurzburg or schweinfurt.
so the both courses are still very interesting.that is why i want to move from this place
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 7:13pm On Mar 22, 2015
kunlelikeme:
@ebele i am presently studying mechatronics engineering but this place is just too far and its really difficult to survive here bros,its a very good environment for people who have sponsorers o...i want to change my course to either business and engineering or logistics at University of Würzburg-Schweinfurt. the campus is in schweinfurt which is in bavaria state too.i don't know if you know about wurzburg or schweinfurt.
so the both courses are still very interesting.that is why i want to move from this place

I feel u bro.....is it possible for you to transfer to Mechatronics or any related course in another city so that way you can transfer some of your credits obtained already..or Relocate to dusseldorf that way you reside in Düsseldorf.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kunlelikeme: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
@no other school offer the course in english here in Germany...i wish they are i no go even wait at all.......but living in dusseldorf is quite good but its like 1.35min to school and most times i have 8am lectures and also trains might have delay sometimes and if na exam perios..person don jons be that...so if i could get some other schools that have it in english na movement straight o...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:58pm On Mar 22, 2015
ebele17:

from them and use their stuff too, like library, gym, language classes, concert tickets and so on

wow!! excellent write-up Ebele.
what course are u studying?
its a pity TUM doesnt have an English taught Chemical engr. MSC program. cry
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:01pm On Mar 22, 2015
Rayhut:
I received message today from Uni Tuebingen, informing me that I have cross the first selection process, that my application will participate in the final selection procedure for AEG course. Kudos to NIPOST it took them only one week to deliver my registered mail to Germany. Uni Tuebingen notify me on monday exactly one week of posting the letter with the Nipost, that they have received my document and today I got another message from them. I dont know whether is because of the election that made them to be fast like that, I thank God for that, waiting their final selection.

mhen ur NIPOST fast oo...
sent two applications from benin....
and today is the 30th day.... no response still..
their deadlines are a month away sha..
so i no de fear.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:06pm On Mar 22, 2015
WOW!!!
JUST GOT A MAIL FROM TUUH THAT I HAVE BEEN ADMITTED...

MHEN!!!
THANK U JESUS!!!

MODIFIED:
now awaiting my other admission offers...

I serve a God of variety!! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by busky101(m): 8:17pm On Mar 22, 2015
Obiwannn:
WOW!!!
JUST GOT A MAIL FROM TUUH THAT I HAVE BEEN ADMITTED INTO THE CHEMICAL AND BIO-PROCESS COURSE....

MHEN!!!
THANK U JESUS!!!
congrats bro, is it msc?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:41pm On Mar 22, 2015
busky101:
congrats bro, is it msc?
yep
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 9:45pm On Mar 22, 2015
Obiwannn:
WOW!!!

MHEN!!!
THANK U JESUS!!!

MODIFIED:

Congrats bro. I am interested in their int prod mgt prog, but it baffles me why they won't accept cert of prof in eng lang issued by one's univ of first degree, in place of ielts/toefl. Something even highly rated TUM and freiburg accept.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:04pm On Mar 22, 2015
hadura29:
@ebele, I want you to help me make corrections were necessary on my letter of motivation. vielen dank!!.. @lobito , they cherish their language so much and they don't joke with it. I am currently attending German classes here in Nigeria to prepare Me for my msc program.

@hadura, i will try my best.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 10:09pm On Mar 22, 2015
kunlelikeme:

wow, i dont know those places oo. is it in the north, east or west because at least, i know schools in the south. Bavaria is just like any other german state. if you are in the wrong mini town, there are still no jobs there but what they have is like big companies like BMW, AUDI, Siemens, Linde, MAN and others setting up production plants in these small towns but those are in the south. I dont know about the north or east and west. I know BMW and all its subsidiaries are here, Allianz too.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by cahnellven: 11:35pm On Mar 22, 2015
Obiwannn:
WOW!!!

MHEN!!!
THANK U JESUS!!!

MODIFIED:

congratulations ,my Oga at the top.

How's your hood?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 9:11am On Mar 23, 2015
lobito007:

This is quite insightful. Thank you.

My cgpa in the german grading system is 2.0, and I'v got a B.Eng in mechanical engineering. I have sent in my application for Power Engineering. Do you know of anyone who has made it into this prog? I intend to have my interview via the phone rather than skype.

I know a nigerian in power Eng. I have to ask him tho if its ok to give his contact out. I dont know if he is on nairaland
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 9:38am On Mar 23, 2015
ebele17:

I know a nigerian in power Eng. I have to ask him tho if its ok to give his contact out. I dont know if he is on nairaland
I would really appreciate that. Gracias.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 12:47pm On Mar 23, 2015
Oye50:
I feel it's cool I talk at this time and my talk is directed to Eke, I think ppl like you are very rare, ignore the talks of spoon feeding or whatever anyone may call it, been over zealous and more. You need to know that many of us really appreciate you. Considering the fact that u gain nothing by sharing your knowledge and experience here and I think u deserve more than that. I have been closely following this thread for more than a year and I've gained alot from your wealth of experience. Glory to God, I have been offered admission for winter semester and I must say I'm preparing for my interview with the template u gave on this page, so why won't someone like me be thankful. I really appreciate you and may God bring smiles to your face
Thanks
Congratulations bro....

Obiwannn:
WOW!!!

MHEN!!!
THANK U JESUS!!!

MODIFIED:
now awaiting my other admission offers..

Congrats my erudite brother.....Hamburg all the way!

Someone here sent me a motivation letter like 2-3 weeks ago, but I can't remember exactly the person's mail though because I got so many others at that time. please no vex I didn't ignore I didn't just remember your mail. However, I have done my bit.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 23, 2015
@hadura, i never receive your mail oo. Maybe you should check and make sure it was sent or attached properly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.