Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,718 members, 7,831,276 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (999929 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 10:47pm On Mar 25, 2015
hadassaheke:
tnx so much @ eke47 n Dan. abg mk una no vex, am looking @ m.sc in power engineering with my b.tech in physics @ TUM. Abeg i need advise if deres any1 dat has applied or is already in dis dept @ tum. Mk una no vex.....
I think you stand a chance from the info on the course website: http://www.mspe.ei.tum.de/index.php?id=5
Advisably, mail the dept for concise answers to your enquiries here: mspe@ei.tum.de
I'm a TUM-power-eng hopeful too.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by hadassaheke(f): 9:49am On Mar 26, 2015
ok thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 2:04pm On Mar 26, 2015
Eke40seven:

Go to Diamond bank with your international passport and tell them you want BTA or PTA for Euros. They will exchange it with the official price which is a lot lesser than your regular Bureau de Change or Mallam.
Be aware though that they may stamp a page of your international passport after the transaction.
Good luck!

Eke o,
is the official price d one quoted on google?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by amahtrendy(f): 10:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hi, new here, though have read from part 1 to this stage of part 2. nice job to all of you trying to put the prospective students through.
Pls anyone know the selection process for RWTH-Aachen Uni ?especially students already there for MSc precisely. I applied since feb, yet to receive admission letter. Ur candid response will highly be appreciated.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by 3434tunde(m): 9:47am On Mar 27, 2015
worryless:
Hello House,

i am in Berlin,can help with any info or help that you might need in this area,let me give back to the society in my own lil way..oga justwise please no delete me ooo if i cross border i will appreciate if you can call my attention to it.

So house,if you have any questions regarding living in Berlin,schools,settling down once you are here then ask if openly and i will do my best to respond.

Regards.

Hello worryless,i dey worry o.i deferred my admission till this year at Brandenburg.pls the same issues that stopped me last year is about stopping me again o.pls the letter of sponsorship and blocked account.
pls contact my email add,i want to discuss some things with u. ademolababs@hotmail.com
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worry359(m): 10:11am On Mar 27, 2015
3434tunde:

Hello worryless,i dey worry o.i deferred my admission till this year at Brandenburg.pls the same issues that stopped me last year is about stopping me again o.pls the letter of sponsorship and blocked account.
pls contact my email add,i want to discuss some things with u. ademolababs@hotmail.com

Are you actually saying that you do not have the funds to pay for your school?
Blocked account is no problem if you have genuine funds to call on as per the regulations.

worryless is a fake little boi copying my name, Only 2 postings!

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 11:31pm On Mar 27, 2015
So the elderly ones in this thread took a break and little kids took over. If not little kid and dia mentality, I don't understand how graduates seeking to go for masters will b arguing over who owns a nickname on nairaland.

No b even say d name na better name sef, worry and worry less especially worry, u don't av beta issues to raise than argue abt a useless names as if that is wat will give u German visa abi.

Mtweeww, yeye don dey smell for this thread.

8 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Urine: 4:56pm On Mar 28, 2015
worryless:
Hello House,

i am in Berlin,can help with any info or help that you might need in this area,let me give back to the society in my own lil way..oga justwise please no delete me ooo if i cross border i will appreciate if you can call my attention to it.

So house,if you have any questions regarding living in Berlin,schools,settling down once you are here then ask if openly and i will do my best to respond.

Regards.

Hi, what's accommodation like in terms of cost? How bad is racial discrimination in Berlin? Danke!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 11:20am On Mar 29, 2015
Please I met a St Lucian woman on facebook, she has Belgian passport, lives in Belgium though and we are kinda very close....
She is due to visit me in Nigeria by May/June, and she is so serious about me coming over after she must have gone and due to my academic schedules, I will be chanced by Nov/Dec.
By the way am in my HND finals computer science, due to be through this year ending.

I am kinda worried, I am not a huge earner, I only earn through software and web freelancing and my site too, but she wants to fund my travels,
also getting me worried is my school situation since I want to apply for visitation/tourist visa, two months max.

What and what do I need before I can be issued a schengen visa, I need any advice I can get.

Thanks all.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by justwise(m): 11:28am On Mar 29, 2015
M
Normality:
Please I met a St Lucian woman on facebook, she has Belgian passport, lives in Belgium though and we are kinda very close....
She is due to visit me in Nigeria by May/June, and she is so serious about me coming over after she must have gone and due to my academic schedules, I will be chanced by Nov/Dec.
By the way am in my HND finals computer science, due to be through this year ending.

I am kinda worried, I am not a huge earner, I only earn through software and web freelancing and my site too, but she wants to fund my travels,
also getting me worried is my school situation since I want to apply for visitation/tourist visa, two months max.

What and what do I need before I can be issued a schengen visa, I need any advice I can get.

Thanks all.

Don't spam this forum with the same post...this is the 3rd place you are posting the same thing.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 12:00pm On Mar 29, 2015
justwise:
M

Don't spam this forum with the same post...this is the 3rd place you are posting the same thing.

Sorry sir

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi: 3:24pm On Mar 29, 2015
House please i wanna ask once i get my admission letter from a university can i proceed with visa application.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 4:17pm On Mar 29, 2015
seek4yemi:
House please i wanna ask once i get my admission letter from a university can i proceed with visa application.

Of course yes...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 4:31pm On Mar 29, 2015
seek4yemi:

Once you get your admission letter, open your blocked account (that's if you are using blocked account) with the following doc:
-printed form from the Embassy website
-International PP with 2 copies
-Admission Letter with 2 copies
-2 Passport photograph

NB: that's to my own knowledge ooo. The ogas can explain more or better, but try read few pages backward. Na so dem tell me too

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi: 4:35pm On Mar 29, 2015
femo86:

Of course yes...
I GOT AN ADMISSION IN TUM,I ALREADY PAID MY TUITION FEE,I ALSO HAVE ISSUES WITH MY DIPLOMA(WHICH IS MY BACHELOR DEGREE)I USED MY STATEMENT OF RESULT,BUT I WAS ADMITTED AND TOLD TO PRESENT MY CERTIFIED CERTIFICATE,I WAS TOLD I CAN GET A LETTER FROM MY INSTITUTION ON THAT.BUT AM NOT LIVING IN NIGERIA I WILL APPLY FROM A GERMAN CONSULATE HERE.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi: 4:36pm On Mar 29, 2015
femo86:

Once you get your admission letter, open your blocked account (that's if you are using blocked account) with the following doc:
-printed form from the Embassy website
-International PP with 2 copies
-Admission Letter with 2 copies
-2 Passport photograph

NB: that's to my own knowledge ooo. The ogas can explain more or better, but try read few pages backward. Na so dem tell me too
IM USING A SPONSOR FROM UNITED KINGDOM
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by worry359(m): 5:09pm On Mar 29, 2015
seek4yemi:

IM USING A SPONSOR FROM UNITED KINGDOM
If you have a sponsor in the UK then it would have been simpler to apply to a UK school. angry
You should contact your school admissions office, thell them your circumstances and ask how you should procede.
ONLY your school can give you facts.
You might get opinions or guesses here.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 8:22pm On Mar 29, 2015
seek4yemi:

I GOT AN ADMISSION IN TUM,I ALREADY PAID MY TUITION FEE,I ALSO HAVE ISSUES WITH MY DIPLOMA(WHICH IS MY BACHELOR DEGREE)I USED MY STATEMENT OF RESULT,BUT I WAS ADMITTED AND TOLD TO PRESENT MY CERTIFIED CERTIFICATE,I WAS TOLD I CAN GET A LETTER FROM MY INSTITUTION ON THAT.BUT AM NOT LIVING IN NIGERIA I WILL APPLY FROM A GERMAN CONSULATE HERE.
What course were you admitted to study bro?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by seek4yemi: 9:33am On Mar 30, 2015
lobito007:

What course were you admitted to study bro?
]
LIFE SCIENCE ECONOMICS AND POLICY
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 7:16pm On Apr 01, 2015
seek4yemi:
]
LIFE SCIENCE ECONOMICS AND POLICY

Nice!!! You got admitted to my program. Congrats. Are you getting interviewed or is it direct?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kaypopps: 7:49pm On Apr 01, 2015
Pls what happens to the health insurance money if you do not use germany health facility because of good health? Oga Justwise, eke47, kelly4top answer. Biko nu
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lmuhopeful: 2:10am On Apr 02, 2015
I also applied to LMU Munich Geophysics like Scofield and we are waiting for admission email hopefully:-) I wish you NLers all the best..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by busky101(m): 3:17am On Apr 02, 2015
worry359:

If you have a sponsor in the UK then it would have been simpler to apply to a UK school. angry
You should contact your school admissions office, thell them your circumstances and ask how you should procede.
ONLY your school can give you facts.
You might get opinions or guesses here.
i thought one's sponsor must be living and working in germany, or have they changed protocol sir?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by tayoslayer(m): 5:18am On Apr 02, 2015
Just decided to chip this in -Germany needs 500,000 migrants yearly until atleast 2035 or 2050- lipsrsealed http://rt.com/news/244873-germany-economy-immigrant-workforce/
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 7:52am On Apr 02, 2015
kaypopps:
Pls what happens to the health insurance money if you do not use germany health facility because of good health? Oga Justwise, eke47, kelly4top answer. Biko nu
Gone with the winds! you don enrich government or insurance company na. Just take am as offering grin But seriously, unlike here, over there due to the high standard of living, its encouraged that you seek medical attention for any bodily challenge you get. That is why their life expectancy is 79 years and Nigeria is a meagerly 47-52 years (don't know the current age) And medical care there is very very very expensive, more than you can imagine unlike in the UK where NHS is in place and taxpayers money is used to fund health care. So, in an event of illness in Germany, your blocked account no go solve am (since you can withdraw only about 650/month. I have also noticed a trend, some ailments which were suppressed here or were dormant here seem to breath a new life when it is beholds the German weather......our many ogas will confirm this.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:39pm On Apr 02, 2015
Eke40seven:

Gone with the winds! you don enrich government or insurance company na. Just take am as offering grin But seriously, unlike here, over there due to the high standard of living, its encouraged that you seek medical attention for any bodily challenge you get. That is why their life expectancy is 79 years and Nigeria is a meagerly 47-52 years (don't know the current age) And medical care there is very very very expensive, more than you can imagine unlike in the UK where NHS is in place and taxpayers money is used to fund health care. So, in an event of illness in Germany, your blocked account no go solve am (since you can withdraw only about 650/month. I have also noticed a trend, some ailments which were suppressed here or were dormant here seem to breath a new life when it is beholds the German weather......our many ogas will confirm this.

The insurance is important not only because you have to use the hospitals or not.
You cant be enrol in a german university without insurance.
No employer will give you job without your insurance.
Is like you are walking naked,if you are not insured here as a student.
Although some companies pay for there employee insurance here,so you might be lucky...
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:48pm On Apr 02, 2015
Start sending your application for summer job now.................................
Daimler,Bosch,Amazon,Volkswagen (You can make atleast 5,000 euro within 3month full time work)..but the Job no be for lazy bones ooh
Make your cv in GERMAN with the help of your school career service..
Contact various Zeitarbeit in your city[Recruiting agency]......Start on TIME::::

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:49pm On Apr 02, 2015
tayoslayer:
Just decided to chip this in -Germany needs 500,000 migrants yearly until atleast 2035 or 2050- lipsrsealed http://rt.com/news/244873-germany-economy-immigrant-workforce/

YES,But skilled Ones ooh
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:53pm On Apr 02, 2015
cahnellven:

Dresden is a nice city for work and study .Though it is in the east, it can easily give most western cities a run for their money in terms of employment opportunities
.It is the hub of silicon Saxony ( an association of about 300 registered companies in microelectronics, nanotechnology and related sectors) and many others .
It is arguably the most beautiful city in Germany hence its nickname "Florence on the Elbe",despite suffering untold destruction during the second world war. Rent and food is cheap too in comparison to cities in the west and north.
It is less than two hours train ride from Leipzig, berlin and Prague.
If you'll be studying at the technische Universität Dresden, then you're lucky to be in an Elite Germany university .
Just arm yourself with adequate proficiency in German and your stay will be worthwhile............ Beware of dickheads though

Nice school but beware of dickheads and rascism is hot there.PEGIDA comes to mind
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Williamso(m): 2:00pm On Apr 02, 2015
futurewise11:
Start sending your application for summer job now.................................
Daimler,Bosch,Amazon,Volkswagen (You can make atleast 5,000 euro within 3month full time work)..but the Job no be for lazy bones ooh
Make your cv in GERMAN with the help of your school career service..
Contact various Zeitarbeit in your city[Recruiting agency]......Start on TIME::::

I presume is is for current students, not prospectives... Am I wrong?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tnot(m): 3:37pm On Apr 02, 2015
Being my first post on this thread, I have been following the thread for a while (ghost mode)and my boundless appreciation goes to Ekefourty7 and others who have been contributing in one way or the other.
I have HND in Civil Engineering from a federal polytechnic with a cgpa of 3.29, i am currently serving (NYSC) and i will be passing out by October by the grace of God. I will appreciate your contribution on the options i have to further in Germany.

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.