Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,744 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (404) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994723 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fele1: 1:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
Cindino20:

na naija students wan drive d latest Mercedes after 3 mths for here ...na when u get that kind mindset u go dey disappointed.

U dont pay school fees...u re complaining..if una dey pay school fees ukor ..

Dem nor dey deport una immediately after sch...dem gv u 18mths to look for job una dey complain

U can work immediately after u get ur resident permit.....u nor need wait 6mths or do on campus job u dey complain.

Dem gv some of una subsidized accommodation for Studentenwohnheim una dey still complain

Dem gv una free train tickets...some of a whole state ..just pay small money ..do u know hw much for monthly tickets....or ask ur frnd for london hw much dem dey spend for transportation.

Sch hard...yes we know...make e easy before...if e easy why e come be sch...

Baba go and build ur con3. Wefin una want sef?.....na wa o if naija do half of us we nor go scatter like isrealites across the world...

Make una chill and drink booze o

Fear nor go let me complain cos d con3 don try for ma body.....dem gv me free sch..even dey pay me stipend sef every mth ......i go come complain i be witch then.

If u dey feel say here get as e be call ur paddy back home...my set no one get job..no one I repeat i nor dey count teachin job for private sch as job

Life nor easy anywhere....na small small....

Keep the stories comin pple....
Who still thinks like the embolden. I'm really moved and charged. Thanks for the pidgin.
If the above whey u clear nah the definition of hardness after proper logistics and preparation to choose good cities and courses, then make we face am.

#TeamWinter2016 #WePrepareWePray

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Fele1: 2:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
honourableseyi:
Me I dey one corner dey watch in 30D with gaari, water and honey grin grin. Una go fear story and experience nah. Fapper I sight u, cindino how your side? Eke407 ypu get query and don't beg me and Dolpaz, I dey come for you. Abeg I want to ask this question oooooo. Na everyday block/snow dey fall for person head in Germany from January 1 to December 31st of every year?
Honourableeeeeeeee cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 2:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
And so the mail came from DB this morning to re-send the blocked account opening form.
Guys that have resent theirs, pls have you got any reply from DB yet? How long does this take again?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 3:29pm On Feb 01, 2016
dennisMOD:
And so the mail came from DB this morning to re-send the blocked account opening form.
Guys that have resent theirs, pls have you got any reply from DB yet? How long does this take again?
Hey bro watz up, sorry I lost all my contacts o, just sent you a PM now, we are still waiting for those who have heard successfully from Deutsch bank to tell us what they did the 2nd time to have it successful. It would end in praise.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 3:56pm On Feb 01, 2016
femo86:
My lovely e-family......All glory and adoration to God Almighty. I'm sooooo happy right now. Was checking out all what I bought as I wan travel go germi, when I just say make I check my mail....GBAMMMMM. It was the much awaited mail from the Embassy...Na so I grab my mama, carry am up..soo happy...

Thanks to you guys Eke407, Futurewise, Dolpaz, Promise, Obiwon, Vitzc...infact all of una wey dey dis thread...I say NAGODE...

Change in visa collection - You have to get your self addressed envelope from a courier company, passport and 3months travel insurance....Drop this at the Embassy gate. Dem go send am go ur address....SHIKENA. pardon my errors

Interview 12th Jan
Funded 15th Jan
DB Confirmation 19th Jan
AM mail arrived 01st Feb

#teamSUMMER 16
#teamBADEN WUTTERMBERG
Congrats, God be praised, Please what bank did u use for your funding?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sammiy: 4:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
I must really commend all d contributors here.....u guys are spectacular. Pls ineed recommendations on universities in germany I can consider for my M.Sc in mechanical engineering pls.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gmart22: 4:39pm On Feb 01, 2016
My paddi greetings
i just got the same response from them today.. please how did you detail with your own ish
thanks
kilo4sure:
Wow Deutsch bank just told me the form I sent was outdated and then gave me a link to their website where I can download the form, but the only difference I can find is about having tax residence in Germany or another country with available spaces to fill up the names of those countries, but aside that I find no other difference with the first form I filled. But the real issue is what do I fill in this tax residence stuff, pls has anyone had a similar situation? Your contributions would be greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by willy2000(m): 4:44pm On Feb 01, 2016
ohakskid:

@eke40seven thanks for answern, you willll pass your exams in jesus name. Amen!! How about people with only german msc.

Only German Msc. bros run for your life ohh.... when i say run i mean it.
I have been down that route unless you brain is equivalent to Einsteins brain....lol.
You can try only German bsc before doing only German Msc.

Not to discourage you but give it a try and let us know how it is.

Reason for my advice is this.
You did your Bsc in English, all the technical terms in your field are in English including learning materials. If you study in German then everything will be in German.
Trust me English-German dictionary will be closer to your heart than your bible.
Your reading rate will decrease.
Difficulty reading up your modul slides... and so on.

Well like i said, you can give it a shot. You never can tell, there is always an exception to every rule, you may just be one.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tesland: 4:54pm On Feb 01, 2016
DawnEden:
Hello house, shout out to folks who r abt to write or already writing their exam. My Shout out also goes out to the Teamwinter2016. Pls I would like to knw whether Nipost is reliable concerning sending application to Germany or I should js close eye go for DHL.
use either DHL,FEDEX or TNT.....TNT is d cheapest and it's also reliable especially if u're sending frm lagos...it get delivered within 3days

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Tesland: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
Gmart22:
My paddi greetings
i just got the same response from them today.. please how did you detail with your own ish
thanks
Bro...abeg pm..I need to ask u sumtin
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gmart22: 5:10pm On Feb 01, 2016
Great Men greetings....I just got this from Deutsche Bank....please what could be the best approach to Refill the form...Because it seems that am totally not sure what to thick. Secondly the part that read "A statement to the points "US Citizenship" and "Country of birth United States", your home address format "street with house no., Postal / zip code City,''

Dear Sirs,

Thank you for sending us your account opening documents.

We regret your account can not be opened Because The documents are not completly filled. You have made ​​no information to
Country of tax residence
Tax ID Number or Personal Identification Number

A statement to the points "US Citizenship" and "Country of birth United States", your home address format "street with house no., Postal / zip code City, OPTIONALLY additional address lines (eg c / o), country" and "tax Residence "is mandatory.

Please send us the documents again Completely filled and signed in all spaces with the description "Signature of account holder" and "acknowledgment of receipt by the depositor."

A confirmation from the German Embassy is not Necessary.

All information can be found at
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/content/privatkunden/konto_international-students-en.html

Please send the complete Account Opening form in original by postal or courier service to our address.

If we do not receive the documents within the next 2 months, we will consider your request as finished.

Yours sincerely / Kind regards

German Bank private and business customers AG
Foreign students
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2016
Cherokee:
@femo86,
Where did you get the self addressed envelope & how much does it cost?... Congrats'
By the way, what bank did you use & at what location?

I used dhl@ the H/Q along Airport road...cost depends on your destination. Mine was 2060naira...I used Union Bank at Egbe Branch. Any branch can do it, they scan ur docs to Headquarters
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by LordSlytherin: 6:19pm On Feb 01, 2016
fapper:

@lobito007, i no say compulsorily make u de berlin ooo lolz my advice is dat one should b in a better city wey e go gt peace of mind...den pertainin skuls in berlin i helpd person apply 4 masters in TU berlin for Process-, Energy- and Environmental Systems Engineering program so dats d only 1 i hav seen yet but wen am done wit ma xams i go gt more tym to search, bst of luck bro

Bro did the person get the admission into TU Berlin ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 6:35pm On Feb 01, 2016
femo86:
My lovely e-family......All glory and adoration to God Almighty. I'm sooooo happy right now. Was checking out all what I bought as I wan travel go germi, when I just say make I check my mail....GBAMMMMM. It was the much awaited mail from the Embassy...Na so I grab my mama, carry am up..soo happy...

Thanks to you guys Eke407, Futurewise, Dolpaz, Promise, Obiwon, Vitzc...infact all of una wey dey dis thread...I say NAGODE...

Change in visa collection - You have to get your self addressed envelope from a courier company, passport and 3months travel insurance....Drop this at the Embassy gate. Dem go send am go ur address....SHIKENA. pardon my errors

Interview 12th Jan
Funded 15th Jan
DB Confirmation 19th Jan
AM mail arrived 01st Feb

#teamSUMMER 16
#teamBADEN WUTTERMBERG

Hmmhu... So fast.. Congratulation! Go there and succeed

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 6:46pm On Feb 01, 2016
willy2000:

Only German Msc. bros run for your life ohh.... when i say run i mean it.
I have been down that route unless you brain is equivalent to Einsteins brain....lol.
You can try only German bsc before doing only German Msc.

Not to discourage you but give it a try and let us know how it is.

Reason for my advice is this.
You did your Bsc in English, all the technical terms in your field are in English including learning materials. If you study in German then everything will be in German.
Trust me English-German dictionary will be closer to your heart than your bible.
Your reading rate will decrease.
Difficulty reading up your modul slides... and so on.

Well like i said, you can give it a shot. You never can tell, there is always an exception to every rule, you may just be one.

U don't get him bros, he said what about people who did their masters in germany when oga eke made it mention that those friends of him did only bsc in automotive engineering @ FH Aachen "not language of instruction as u think" lol.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 6:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
ARE U SAYING U RESENT THE FORM, LEFT THE FIELD FOR TAX WHATEVER EMPTY AND DB REPLIED U TO REFILL & SEND THE FORM?
because I SAW SOME FAQ ON THEIR WEBSITE WHERE THEY WROTE THAT THE TAX PURPOSE FIELD CAN BE LEFT. I AM CONFUSED NOW.

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by iyke20024(m): 7:12pm On Feb 01, 2016
Fele1:
Hi Boss. I sent you a pm in regards to Computer Science Bachelor. Please check. Tnx

Hey..

Just go to their website

and read all the procedure.. I think computer science dont require GRE.. but check

However, If you meet the requirement they will accept you

Thats it..

Problem with bachelor is the language
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Abdullah777: 7:31pm On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=speedygeek post=42358362]
I am Abdullah from Libya , please could you tell me dose the bank send you the account number or there was a mistake (resident for tax purposes in Germany only) ?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 7:47pm On Feb 01, 2016
Mhen..it has really been a while.
Now I understand what our Ogas used to pass through, reading through the long thread and answering questions.
And when they dont answer my reply then, I begin dey para...E no easy atall..Seeing is believing.

Eke, you still come around which is very good, you dey try well well...
Keep up the good work.
I wish everyone good success in their endeavours...
Make una come plenty in numbers make we fit get nairaland community for here... Cos this place is boring as hell!

ALLES GUTE!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nashavin: 7:58pm On Feb 01, 2016
#TeamSummer2016: Abeg, who is going for Msc Economics and has done embassy interview already. Kindly share details of your interview experience (the written test in particular). Danke.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
Futurewiser:
My stay in Germany here for 3 yrs was a hit back to back. pls if u want my german visa, come and collect it. Stop listening to those guys telling you Germany is easy cos i have met 3 guys here complaining those in nairaland deceived them that Germany was easy and job full cos they were seeing something different here. First of all the language na die
The reason most people dont come back is that they have spent so much and have to endure their decisions in frustration cos coming back empty handed na the worst so them don price so them must buy. Na that situation unua want? Pls think of better countries like Canada. Na the free sch fees deceive me come here but how many people dey even graduate here sef wey be say their education tough die and if u fail one curse 3 times dem do drive u commot from sch. How u want take even cope for study when u never pay bills and no job or when u even get job if at all u got and u come back late so tired after doing heavy rejected jobs here how do u think u cab read again that day. who no go no know. Many Nigerians are depressed here and frustrated. God bear me witness am speaking the truth but nothing but the truth.

He who has ear, let him hear what the spirit is saying.

Only thinking about the bolded dey make me fear. I never start to work oh..Iwan start to hustle next semester..but again..I am very very scared..Make I no go fail...I have already experienced such first hand. I have an Indian classmate, very very intelligent dude. He started missing classes and took up a job as a hotel manager, and in the end failed an exam we all had together. One which he should have aced if he studied hard enough..
The thought of combining work with study plus the very very difficult edu system (imagine me living life like say I dey Undergraduate..reading sleeping..reading.. sleeping..; monotonous boring life; again I come hear say dem go tax u 35% if u earn more than 450euros even as a student-very very mean society) makes me want to regret coming here in the first place. But again what can I do? I no fit get mind complain, cos I have been given the rare privilege many on the streets of Lagos don't have, and I believe Insha Allah when the time to join book with work comes (which is even more important than the book itself, else u'd be kicked out of d country), God go make way wey boys go take run am without failure... If people have done it in the past, then I can do it.

So my aspiring people, its not as rosy here oh..It would have been better if you don't have to think about making money to survive but only worry about reading the book which you came here to read in the first place. And if you have the funds, I'd advise you pursue Canada or US instead... But again, if you are a Nigerian like I am, I believe we would survive even the harshest of conditions...Just be like me folks and don't lose hope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=Abdullah777 post=42529912][/quote]

The bank hasn't contacted me since then. I however have a feeling that ticking the 'I am resident for tax purposes in Germany only' is the wrong answer. I think we are supposed to tick ' I am resident for tax purposes in the following Countries outside Germany',choose Nigeria or which ever country u reside and include your tax ID number. If you don't have one, give reasons why.

I found this online, might be helpful. Waiting for the bank to contact me so i can send my form again with the correct tax info. undecided

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:09pm On Feb 01, 2016
kilo4sure:

But seriously why not do your best to relocate to canada or at least apply for jobs in Naija,. You do not have to settle down in Germany, I believe with your German certificate you would be given preferential treatment for jobs in Naija (depending on your field though). My brother even in the canada you dream of, you would find people complaining there as well, and of course you know schooling in canada is more expensive no matter how difficult or expensive it is in Germany. In summary I agree with you that canada may be better but I believe your studying in Germany has also paved the way for you at least it has opened doors for more opportunities irrespective of the present circumstances.

Apply ni, apply ko? Who go chop jofflof rice and chicken come go back go dey drink garri?
The advise you should give id get the degree, which in itself is very difficult grin, then relocate.
Something more than a few people do.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:18pm On Feb 01, 2016
ezekuse:
lol at the waking @ 4:00am to go to work in germany when people already do that in Lagos daily without a single complain. What was the op expecting? Germany to roll out the red carpet for him when he arrived. It is tough everywhere and there are Nigerians doing well financially just as some are equally struggling in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, Germany etc including Nigeria. I do agree with the op on the need to manage expectations but I think tips on getting and balancing work, school as well as achieving good grades would have been much more appreciated to further help applicants make informed decisions.
The answer to this has been posted here several times; LANGUAGE! If you sabi language u go fit work for office. If you sabi operate Computer and software (programming like my oga Dolpaz) you you go see work plenty and u no go need to dey go cleen people piss or pack people shit or carry load upandan. But if you no sabi language, hw u go take write the code? Na language be the difference between Germany and other "easy" countries afterall. Plus book here hard. I never been to Canada nor UK, so no no if book simple there or not, but book simple for US... So in the end, na Language be the koko..and no free money for here. You gats work for every single penny! In the end, what I tell myself is; Its no longer if you survive Nigeria, you can survive anywhere.. Now it's if you survive Germany, you can survive anywhere in the world.
(PS: Everyone has their own definiton of suurvival. Some dont value good grades, others do). It refines your life, makes you a better person, makes you a hard worker!!! I know it might be surely boring and difficult as hell now, but I am very confident that there's a God, who sees the hardwork and dedication of man... Not necessarily whether you believe in Him or not, but the simple recognition that He exists plays a major role as the Grace to succeed will just come out of nowhere.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:23pm On Feb 01, 2016
ohakskid:

@eke40seven, please can you please enlighten urs on life after studies, I think dats where most of us are Really interested in. Like you said they are jobs, Do you mean student jobs or graduate jobs.
I hear job dey for after school...but again two things are involved. I guess you already know the first, and no its not grades. Then talk about the course, then the grade; I hear at least a 2.0 for company jobs; then again something very vital EXPERIENCE!!! I hear its neck and neck with language in the hierarchy of employment requirements.
Job dey after school, Baba..but you first have to survive the school first. wink
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Abdullah777: 8:33pm On Feb 01, 2016
speedygeek:

No , I think that resident for tax purposes in Germany only is the right answer , becasue i ticked I am resident for tax purposes in the following Countries outside Germany and i wrote libya and they send me the same message .

There are two possible right answers ,, leave them empty or tick i am resident for tax purposes in Germany only .

I have sent them 2 mails , it takes 6 days including holidays to resend to you .

and i am sure that your answer is the right one ,, keep us in contatct , thank you for repley. and please resend me once they resend you email .

The bank hasn't contacted me since then. I however have a feeling that ticking the 'I am resident for tax purposes in Germany only' is the wrong answer. I think we are supposed to tick ' I am resident for tax purposes in the following Countries outside Germany',choose Nigeria or which ever country u reside and include your tax ID number. If you don't have one, give reasons why.

I found this online, might be helpful. Waiting for the bank to contact me so i can send my form again with the correct tax info. undecided
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 8:34pm On Feb 01, 2016
Cindino20:

U can work immediately after u get ur resident permit.....u nor need wait 6mths or do on campus job u dey complain.

Dem gv some of una subsidized accommodation for Studentenwohnheim una dey still complain

Dem gv una free train tickets...some of a whole state ..just pay small money ..do u know hw much for monthly tickets....or ask ur frnd for london hw much dem dey spend for transportation.

Sch hard...yes we know...make e easy before...if e easy why e come be sch...

Baba go and build ur con3. Wefin una want sef?.....na wa o if naija do half of us we nor go scatter like isrealites across the world...

Make una chill and drink booze o

Fear nor go let me complain cos d con3 don try for ma body.....dem gv me free sch..even dey pay me stipend sef every mth ......i go come complain i be witch then.
Abeg, that stipend I dey interested oh..lol..How you take dey run am
Plus I see as u dey share website for job upandan..
Anyway I dey free small now, I go call you soon make we relate..
I believe you have plenty of info for me lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 8:43pm On Feb 01, 2016
femo86:

Interview 12th Jan
Funded 15th Jan
DB Confirmation 19th Jan
AM mail arrived 01st Feb

#teamSUMMER 16
#teamBADEN WUTTERMBERG

Congrats Femo, go to deutschland and succeed

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 8:52pm On Feb 01, 2016
Obiwannn:

Apply ni, apply ko? Who go chop jofflof rice and chicken come go back go dey drink garri?
The advise you should give id get the degree, which in itself is very difficult grin, then relocate.
Something more than a few people do.
But from that guy post, e be like say nor be jollof rice and chicken e dey chop o, abi you nor read him post? He seems to be regretting his stay in Germany from what I gather, that's why I gave him that advice as my two cowries.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 9:01pm On Feb 01, 2016
kilo4sure:

But from that guy post, e be like say nor be jollof rice and chicken e dey chop o, abi you nor read him post? He seems to be regretting his stay in Germany from what I gather, that's why I gave him that advice as my two cowries.
Lol..I no fit regret oh baba..Even if I no see office work, work, I go either clean pipo piss and pack pipo shit than to go back to Naija go dey find work wey no dey exist anywhere, and even if u see the advert, work wey you no go fit get if u no know somebody wey know somebody wey know another somebody. grin
I no say e no fit happen sha..thats y I gats just study hard, combine book plus hustle plus language any which way wey I fit do am..cos the end will surely be greater than the beginning. wink
And again, that employment-racism ish.. I believe e dey small sha, cos I experienced something similar although not related to a job interview, but something very similar..So again if you're good at what you do, and just sha believe in God(very important), you go survive.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 9:02pm On Feb 01, 2016
[quote author=Abdullah777 post=42531657][/quote]

thanks for your info Abdullah777.
Please what exactly was written in the mail u received from the bank?

Regards
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2016
dennisMOD:
ARE U SAYING U RESENT THE FORM, LEFT THE FIELD FOR TAX WHATEVER EMPTY AND DB REPLIED U TO REFILL & SEND THE FORM?
because I SAW SOME FAQ ON THEIR WEBSITE WHERE THEY WROTE THAT THE TAX PURPOSE FIELD CAN BE LEFT. I AM CONFUSED NOW.
The mail usually sent now by DB says tax residence is mandatory, afterall tax residence ish is the only difference between the previous form and the new form this january 2016, so they want us to fill in something der and not leave it blank.

(1) (2) (3) ... (401) (402) (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.