Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,609 members, 7,816,510 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:23 PM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (406) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (996420 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2016
Cindino20:
Another thing new students shld watch out for is the Rundfundbeitrag( Tv licence)....The legality of this is nt up for question ...it has been ruled on by courts of competent jurisdiction.

According to the rule every adult in Germany is expected to contribute abt 17 euros a mth for this... the only exemption if ur income is low or u get Bafög.

So for those of u who reisde in a WG...Its actually easy.....if one person us paying in your flat ...you dont need to pay ..all you need to do is when u recieve the first letter just ask the person to write a reply for you and include you on their bill (same thing applies to those livin in private housing).

But if you reisde alone in an apartment...you ce to pay abt 54 euros every 3 mths...please do not allow this money to accumulate......I made same mistake and now ve abt 300 euros to pay grin....

If you plan to reside here after studies dont allow this money to accumulate....you will ve to pay it someday.

I will nt advise anyone to gv them their account details of direct debit...just pay and use ur beitrag number fas reference.

All the best.
Azzin ehn..everyone I ask said I keep their mails under my bed and not open it again. Saying it doesnt matter. Thank God for this information. This Germany ehn, if u no dey careful, dem go gather plan ur selling price, send the bill to u and them go sell u make u pay.. This place ehn, don dey get as e b..All this hidden hidden loopholes...Abeg if u get any other scary info like this make una dey drop am biko..because everything is in german..and I receive mails too many in german i dont bother opening..whether dem wan come arrest me sef, I no no...
I go gather tell my flat mates. We have received the mail 5 times now. and its a shared flat. No one is paying for it yet. How do we go about it?

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2016
[quote author=Abdullah777 post=42550198][/quote]
Interesting! But he just told you now that both options are wrong, leaving it empty or ticking the residence in Germany only have both proved to be futile, so why waste your resources resending again and again? Just ensure you know what they want before resending another.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 1:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiwannn:

I no no where u get ur info from, but baba it is always spot on! Every thing u said is very very true!!!
I have a question though. I wont be above 30 till some few years time, but I would still be below 30 when I graduate. How much does the public insurance cost then after graduation?

After graduation the cost depends on your Job.....the insurance cost is 15.5% of ur income..but u pay 7.5% and ur employer pays the balance 7.5% ...dont worry abt this...as u would be prolly married and ur family will be insured under you.

All the best man!

3 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 1:42pm On Feb 02, 2016
Seems Deutsche Bank email address isn't available for requests.

This address is no longer available for requests.
All information, forms and detailed FAQ about the blocked account opening for foreign students you find at our Homepage:
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/content/privatkunden/konto_international-students-en.html
Please understand that we strictly can not answer inquiries about the processing status of individual orders by reason of banking secrecy/ confidentiality.

Thank you.

So the only way to contact them is by filling an online contact form for Non customers which doesn't give one the option of asking a specific question angry angry angry....

I believe obtaining an individual tax number from the FIRS will be stressful and cost money....let me inquire first.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dolpaz: 2:24pm On Feb 02, 2016
Cindino20:

For me private insurance is a bad idea....just get use to the idea of contribution...I ve been contributing for 18mths and barely visit the hospital....Dont fall for the private insurance trap.

Using govt health insurance u pay abt 80 euros a mth...if u re using private it starts with abt 35 or so and increase with time....Nothin is certain in life...u never can tell u may fall sick and need urgent medical care.....most private health insurance dont cover u fully.you dont want to start worryin abt when you can visit the hospital.

So let me paint u a scenario....you switch to private and save 40 euros a mth in a yr thats 480 euros in 2 yrs 960 euros ....we hope nothin goes wrong...but if along the line something goes wrong...u will need medical care (nothin is certain) ur private health insurance is nt a full cover u may ve to pay some of the bills...baba the bills nor nice.......thats if u ve the money at the moment...if u re broke...it becomes a debt.

My frnd in NRW use to tell me a story of a young chap who left Aok only for him to sustain an injury when playin football 3mths later .......he needed urgent surgery....surgery was done....his insurance was nt full cover...he got a bill of abt 4k euros....Till date my frnd tells me he is still tryin to pay that money.

So many pple ve ugly experiences with private insurance.....I ve heard of a case where the private insurance told the person that any surgery or major treament done within 3mths of joinin6 them will nt be paid by them.even if u re above 30 (then u pay 160 euros for govt insurance...its still a bad idea to go private)

As Nigerians the whole idea of a contributory system is still new to some of us....but to be honest its d best for u now...mind u 80 euros is a discount price for students.

Dont try to save money at the expense of ur own health

Some company will nt employ u with private insurance....eg.Amazon Rheinberg.

In summary private health insurance is penny wise pounds foolish.

All the best.

Disclaimer....I m nt an agent of Aok or Tk...but this is the reality on ground

Cindino, what about people who are over 30 years.... undecided undecided
Are they not qualified to take up public insurance?

Your enlightenment on this matter will be much appreciated !
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 2:28pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hmmmm. I'm just so confused about this DB wahala. I sent the forms, left the tax stuff empty and then attached a letter that I don't work yet, I am only a student, an applicant, hence I don't pay tax. Also wrote that I've checked the FAQs concerning the blocked acct form where it was written that the tax-related field can be left empty. So that's the reason I left it empty. I hope it works because really I am confused, dunno what to do again.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 2:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
dolpaz:

I think they re qualifed cos I ve frnds who re above 30 and using Aok..they pay abt 120 to 160 euros or so...nt so sure.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2016
Obiwannn:

Azzin ehn..everyone I ask said I keep their mails under my bed and not open it again. Saying it doesnt matter. Thank God for this information. This Germany ehn, if u no dey careful, dem go gather plan ur selling price, send the bill to u and them go sell u make u pay.. This place ehn, don dey get as e b..All this hidden hidden loopholes...Abeg if u get any other scary info like this make una dey drop am biko..because everything is in german..and I receive mails too many in german i dont bother opening..whether dem wan come arrest me sef, I no no...
I go gather tell my flat mates. We have received the mail 5 times now. and its a shared flat. No one is paying for it yet. How do we go about it?

First you all ve to agree and then one person will be d leader (dont accept this responsibility).

Then look for someone who understands german and send a letter via contact form on their webpage or vua post to them...stating that you guys keave together in a flat and use one tv...a customer number will be given to the leader and every mth or quartley u guys will pay the agreed sum.

Dont accept that leadership positions...cos I ve seen a case where the students didnt keep to their words and the nigerian guy was now saddled with the responsibility to pay the fee.

Abt the debt already incurred ...you may ve to pay that by urself ...same applies for ur flat mate...u can also call them and ask if the can recalculate this..but the Gez guys re bunch of assho.les.....

All the best man!

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by fapper(m): 2:36pm On Feb 02, 2016
dolpaz:

my bro is above 30 and e wan do public bt dem no gree so d only way 2 gt d public now is wen e is married.........4gt abt d price me go advise u do public ooo at obiwann private will not always pay ur bills fully if anytyn apens cos dem go sit and decide if u qualify or not but public jst b rest assured dem go pay ur bills fully even if na 10billion euros lolz........
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
speedygeek:

Dear nairalanders

Got an email from Db bank again

Dear Sirs,

thank you for sending us your account opening documents.

We regret your account cannot be opened because the documents are not completly filled. You have made implausible statements to tax residency.
Your foreign registred address does not match with a German tax residency.

Please send us the documents again completely and plausible filled and signed in all spaces with the description "Signature of account holder" and "Acknowledgement of receipt by the depositor".

A confirmation from the German Embassy is not necessary.

All information can be found at
https://www.deutsche-bank.de/pfb/content/privatkunden/konto_international-students-en.html

Please send the complete account opening form in original by postal or courier service to our address.

If we do not receive the documents within the next 2 months, we will consider your request as finished.

Mit freundlichem Gruss / Kind regards

Deutsche Bank Privat- und Geschaeftskunden AG
Auslaendische Studenten

i chose the 'I am resident for tax purposes in Germany only' option. It is now obvious that that is the wrong answer. The problem now is if i choose the 'I am resident for tax purposes in the following countries outside Germany' option,choose Nigeria as the country...what do i write as the tax ID number?? sad

Put your Tax ID/PIN, Passport Number or Student in the space and see what will happen next.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by gfghana: 2:38pm On Feb 02, 2016
kilo4sure:

Congrats, God be praised, Please what bank did u use for your funding?
Alhamdulillai!
I just left the German embassy in Accra with my student Visa.
Team Reutlingen.
Let's pray for our sister Promis2

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by promise2(f): 2:47pm On Feb 02, 2016
Hi Dear, Amen to your prayer, it will come to pass. Congrats to you.

gfghana:

Alhamdulillai!
Team Reutlingen.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by kilo4sure: 3:05pm On Feb 02, 2016
dennisMOD:
Hmmmm. I'm just so confused about this DB wahala. I sent the forms, left the tax stuff empty and then attached a letter that I don't work yet, I am only a student, an applicant, hence I don't pay tax. Also wrote that I've checked the FAQs concerning the blocked acct form where it was written that the tax-related field can be left empty. So that's the reason I left it empty. I hope it works because really I am confused, dunno what to do again.
Lol, don't worry time would tell. Maybe it's as simple as putting your passport no, who knows? Let's just wait and see.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 3:13pm On Feb 02, 2016
babanila:

Put your Tax ID/PIN, Passport Number or Student in the space and see what will happen next.

Confirmed from a friend. The FIRS wont give u a tax number unless you are working.Seems like my two options now are

1. Write my passport number or
2. The number on my drivers license

kilo4sure, u sent yours yet??
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 3:18pm On Feb 02, 2016
gfghana:

Alhamdulillai!
Team Reutlingen.

Congrats Bro, go to Deutschland and Succeed.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
kilo4sure:

What do you think of the use of passport number.

Passport number is nt tax number....
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 3:27pm On Feb 02, 2016
dolpaz:

Agba baba ooooooo grin grin grin hahahahaha
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by honourableseyi: 3:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
Cindino20:

Passport number is nt tax number....

But they said tax number/ personal identification number. Passport number can serve as PIN.......
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rorschach619: 4:32pm On Feb 02, 2016
Just put ur folks tax id number and you can include a copy of the tax slip so they know it's not urs....thats what I did
I know tax info can't be shared but they are well aware we don't pay tax and that's the closest thing you can get to it
I think it's just like the nepa bill we are asked to bring when opening account here...
Just my opinion
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2016
Rorschach619:
Just put ur folks tax id number and you can include a copy of the tax slip so they know it's not urs....thats what I did
I know tax info can't be shared but they are well aware we don't pay tax and that's the closest thing you can get to it
I think it's just like the nepa bill we are asked to bring when opening account here...
Just my opinion
When did u send bro?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rorschach619: 6:21pm On Feb 02, 2016
dennisMOD:

When did u send bro?
I sent mine on Wednesday and It got there by Friday
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 7:02pm On Feb 02, 2016
Rorschach619:
I sent mine on Wednesday and It got there by Friday
Sure you should get a reply this week then. Pls update us on the outcome bro.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gmart22: 7:30pm On Feb 02, 2016
Please am in an urgent NEED for AOK Health Insurance Registration but the form i see on their site ...seems to be for Employee Membership Form and is not comprehensive enough for student Registration... Please and please advise how to go about this registration from Nigeria ...since i need to do my enrollment before my VISA interview on 23rd Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 9:04pm On Feb 02, 2016
Gmart22:
Please am in an urgent or AOK Health Insurance Registration but the form i see on their site ...seems to be for Employee Membership Form and is not comprehensive enough for student Registration... Please and please advise how to go about this registration from Nigeria ...since i need to do my enrollment before my VISA interview on 23rd Thanks
TUM? If its AOK Bavaria, send me a pm, I will link you to AOK München, you can finish the whole process through your email.

Obiwann, don't think about Private, no try am at all. I have seen and i'm a witness to the predicaments they can cause.

Actually, what we are referring to as "private insurance" are actually "travel and health insurance". These are not real german "private insurance" because as students we can't even afford private insurance. Its for high income earners and they are very expensive.
There is a whole world of difference between "private insurance" and a "private travel and health insurance". The ones the students normally use is the latter. All from Mawista to union (Hanse Merkur), care concept, etc, all na same and that's why they are "cheap".

Note that hospital bills for here no be play play. When you go to a hospital with these insurance papers (dem no dey give card) Most big hospitals won't accept it, instead they Will send the bills to you and these insurance companies have a reputation of not covering all the bills and if unfortunately the illness that promted your hospital visit was a preexisting illness, na debt you don enter so because they won't cover it.

Again, hospitals here will charge you their highest rate if you use these type of insurance.

Finally, no matter what you do, dont joke with that 3 months travel and health insurance you get from IGI.

As my nairaland punster will say, "A ward is enough for the whys".

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 10:20pm On Feb 02, 2016
My bosses wey don dey Germo. Pls is there anyone here that stays at Koblenz, Rhineland Pfalz? Urgent.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Thegiva(m): 10:48pm On Feb 02, 2016
Please does anybody know how to go about ''prepaid courier envelope by any major courier service '' on the checklist

Any useful information will be very appreciated right about now.

Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:20am On Feb 03, 2016
femo86:
My lovely e-family......All glory and adoration to God Almighty. I'm sooooo happy right now. Was checking out all what I bought as I wan travel go germi, when I just say make I check my mail....GBAMMMMM. It was the much awaited mail from the Embassy...Na so I grab my mama, carry am up..soo happy...

Thanks to you guys Eke407, Futurewise, Dolpaz, Promise, Obiwon, Vitzc...infact all of una wey dey dis thread...I say NAGODE...

Change in visa collection - You have to get your self addressed envelope from a courier company, passport and 3months travel insurance....Drop this at the Embassy gate. Dem go send am go ur address....SHIKENA. pardon my errors

Interview 12th Jan
Funded 15th Jan
DB Confirmation 19th Jan
AM mail arrived 01st Feb

#teamSUMMER 16
#teamBADEN WUTTERMBERG

Congrat Mr Baden Wuttermburg.....No forget that thing oh..
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 12:23am On Feb 03, 2016
dennisMOD:
My bosses wey don dey Germo. Pls is there anyone here that stays at Koblenz, Rhineland Pfalz? Urgent.

What info do you need about the city?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dennisMOD(m): 4:55am On Feb 03, 2016
futurewise11:

What info do you need about the city?
My cousin in Trier wants to execute a certain project. It involves money. He needs someone (Nigerian) that stays in Koblenz.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gmart22: 8:01am On Feb 03, 2016
@Eke40seven Brodami You are a good man, i concur with you. Actually my school is Philipps Uni Marburg. Since my enrollment deadline is 1 march, i need to present an enrollment evidence to the VO. on 23rd Fed. Am in a kind of tension. If i can get this AOK done before next week ending then am 80% done. SECONDLY , I need to transfer the semester contribution to the school, What is the fastest means pls
Eke40seven:

TUM? If its AOK Bavaria, send me a pm, I will link you to AOK München, you can finish the whole process through your email.

Obiwann, don't think about Private, no try am at all. I have seen and i'm a witness to the predicaments they can cause.

Actually, what we are referring to as "private insurance" are actually "travel and health insurance". These are not real german "private insurance" because as students we can't even afford private insurance. Its for high income earners and they are very expensive.
There is a whole world of difference between "private insurance" and a "private travel and health insurance". The ones the students normally use is the latter. All from Mawista to union (Hanse Merkur), care concept, etc, all na same and that's why they are "cheap".

Note that hospital bills for here no be play play. When you go to a hospital with these insurance papers (dem no dey give card) Most big hospitals won't accept it, instead they Will send the bills to you and these insurance companies have a reputation of not covering all the bills and if unfortunately the illness that promted your hospital visit was a preexisting illness, na debt you don enter so because they won't cover it.

Again, hospitals here will charge you their highest rate if you use these type of insurance.

For those who are above 30 when they got here, if you were not under any other insurance prior to the time you registered with them, they will accept you under the condition that you have at least more than 12 months resident permit, but you can't get a resident permit without an insurance. So, technically, it seems impossiible to be under them but if you are smart, there is a legal way to get both. It all boils down to some loopholes in the law.

Finally, no matter what you do, dont joke with that 3 months travel and health insurance you get from IGI.

As my nairaland punster will say, "A ward is enough for the whys".
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 10:33am On Feb 03, 2016
Was at Leadway Assurance yesterday...Travel Insurance is now 14500naira.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Cindino20(m): 10:50am On Feb 03, 2016
Thegiva:
Please does anybody know how to go about ''prepaid courier envelope by any major courier service '' on the checklist

Any useful information will be very appreciated right about now.

Thanks.

Kilo4sure and co....urgent reply needed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (403) (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) ... (469)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.