Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,125 members, 7,811,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 - Travel (407) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 (994587 Views)

General German Visa Enquiries Part 3 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (469) (Go Down)

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Gmart22: 11:00am On Feb 03, 2016
Baba Femo explain more...how did you process it, from the first step. I mean the Self Addressed Envelop
femo86:

I used dhl@ the H/Q along Airport road...cost depends on your destination. Mine was 2060naira...I used Union Bank at Egbe Branch. Any branch can do it, they scan ur docs to Headquarters

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 11:10am On Feb 03, 2016
Gmart22:
Baba Femo explain more...how did you process it, from the first step. I mean the Self Addressed Envelop

I went to DHL and explain to the lady i need a self addressed envelope i.e addressed from German consulate to my home address. Its very easy and direct but the price depends on where you want it to be delivered. Paid cash to her and was given the big dhl envelope. Left to obtain my Insurance {do photocopy oo}. Printed out the AM mail and give to the man at the gate...your passport, the insurance with d copy and the envelope..shikena

make sure the envelope is big ooooo, cos they will put in ur docs in it

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 11:24am On Feb 03, 2016
futurewise11:

Congrat Mr Baden Wuttermburg.....No forget that thing oh..

Thanks bro...sure i would not
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dprinz99(m): 11:35am On Feb 03, 2016
takeastep:
Sent you a pm. Kindly reply.

quote author=fapper post=42478698]

i wander too ooo like say no b dis same germany i de dey chill and enjoy without stress in terms of jobs and study i hv no prob at alll..........well ma advice b say make u sabi d city u de go wella b4 headin dere cos some can make life kinda hard bt neva d less am v sure u will survive truout ur studies here in Germany so ma pple stop listenin 2 all dis stuffs, i guess d guy wu posted dis is in a city dat has bin stressin him, anyway i don c pple wey don send dier block acct go 9ja finish here in berlin and i don send over 4k go ouse sef doe ma acct is still blocked with dis monthly stuff of 670euros so i work and earn without touchin ma block acctount again sef so y should u jst say make dem no borrow money enter abeg if u fyt do ritual enter sef do oo lolz jst kiddin no go de too desperate oo all i jst wanna clear is d fact dat u can return d money bck early if u r in d right city with alot of job opp........abeg i no vex any1 oooo jst xplainin cos na same deutschland i de, lolz wat a lovely country. i hop dis motivate sum1
luv u all and stop being panic
signed out

realy motivative
the problem we r hving here is our Nigerian syndrome.trying to be rich overnight is our problem.
if nija was too hot,y dnt we stay hr n work?
I've NT been to Germany b4 Bt I knw too well DAT I'm going to make it onz I come over de all by God's grace.
imagine,most pole don't even know d language Bt de hope to get job immediately after arrivall.we gv been told here that German language is the key to some student jobb yet ppple travel hoping to hv ready made jobs n coming bk to Hv odas bad feelings abt the country
imagine a German hu doesn't speak English going to America to get a job just bcix the economy is good,no this are NT done that way agn.
dis same Germany u r complaining abt lack of job is also complaining abt lack of skilled workers despite the numbers of immigrant already der
pole talk of oda countries like US,CANADA N UK,to me,as nigerian,one can always survive anywer in d world.
Canada is good Bt isn't bed of roses,the tuition in US isn't smiling,the cheapest college one can get in us is abt $4k and think of abt $10k for ur cost of living.australia is also an option Bt their tuition is killing.
Uk is nothing to wrt home abt,if u rnt financially buoyant,u will graduate with huge debt.
mehn,wat Germany as a country can offer u as student,no country in dis world can do same.
now the school plan to attain is in a Hamburg.
their advantages is just too numerous to mention.
free tuition
stipen to all final year student

to continue later,

4 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Eke40seven(m): 12:10pm On Feb 03, 2016
Gmart22:
@Eke40seven Brodami You are a good man, i concur with you. Actually my school is Philipps Uni Marburg. Since my enrollment deadline is 1 march, i need to present an enrollment evidence to the VO. on 23rd Fed. Am in a kind of tension. If i can get this AOK done before next week ending then am 80% done. SECONDLY , I need to transfer the semester contribution to the school, What is the fastest means pls
Send an email to this address.
studenten-service.marburg@he.aok.de
And for payment, if you have someone who have some cash to spare or want to transfer cash to Naija, then it can be done very fast. Ask people here, they might help.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
dprinz99:

realy motivative
the problem we r hving here is our Nigerian syndrome.trying to be rich overnight is our problem.
if nija was too hot,y dnt we stay hr n work?
I've NT been to Germany b4 Bt I knw too well DAT I'm going to make it onz I come over de all by God's grace.
imagine,most pole don't even know d language Bt de hope to get job immediately after arrivall.we gv been told here that German language is the key to some student jobb yet ppple travel hoping to hv ready made jobs n coming bk to Hv odas bad feelings abt the country
imagine a German hu doesn't speak English going to America to get a job just bcix the economy is good,no this are NT done that way agn.
dis same Germany u r complaining abt lack of job is also complaining abt lack of skilled workers despite the numbers of immigrant already der
pole talk of oda countries like US,CANADA N UK,to me,as nigerian,one can always survive anywer in d world.
Canada is good Bt isn't bed of roses,the tuition in US isn't smiling,the cheapest college one can get in us is abt $4k and think of abt $10k for ur cost of living.australia is also an option Bt their tuition is killing.
Uk is nothing to wrt home abt,if u rnt financially buoyant,u will graduate with huge debt.
mehn,wat Germany as a country can offer u as student,no country in dis world can do same.
now the school plan to attain is in a Hamburg.
their advantages is just too numerous to mention.
free tuition

to continue later,
na so so laff laff I dey laff as I read this post...You better learn to stop abbreviating else the school you plan to attain in Hamburg won't give you admission.

2 Likes

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 1:24pm On Feb 03, 2016
Really ? I don't think that's right for you to say. Don't discourage someone like that.
You're not the International Student's Office, and, you don't expect him to write his Motivational Letter the same way he'd write a post on Nairaland, do you ?

Soffrey o! smiley
Obiwannn:

na so so laff laff I dey laff as I read this post...You better learn to stop abbreviating else the school you plan to attain in Hamburg won't give you admission.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by futurewise11(m): 2:09pm On Feb 03, 2016
dennisMOD:

My cousin in Trier wants to execute a certain project. It involves money. He needs someone (Nigerian) that stays in Koblenz.

Whats the project about if you don' t mind sharing.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by sammiy: 2:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Pls is dere anyone hia studying MSc mechanical engineering in germany?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 3:26pm On Feb 03, 2016
DanIndia:
Really ? I don't think that's right for you to say. Don't discourage someone like that.
You're not the International Student's Office, and, you don't expect him to write his Motivational Letter the same way he'd write a post on Nairaland, do you ?

Soffrey o! smiley
Lol..I no discourage am naaa...
The post just too funny to read lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by DanIndia(m): 4:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
Haha abeg, make the guy nor go square mind say him nor try.
Obiwannn:

Lol..I no discourage am naaa...
The post just too funny to read lol
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by takeastep: 4:42pm On Feb 03, 2016
Any idea of the Union Bank current exchange rate for blocked account? Thanks.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 7:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Obiwannn:
Please people in Germany, I want to ask a very urgent question. What's the merit/demerit of Private/Public insurance? I need someone who has used both to give me good answers based on facts and not based on hear say. I want to leave public for private. The money is too much. 80 euros a month is 8 hours job, where the money go come from? I also hear people who start with public change to private because in the end they find it very difficult to pay after they have exhausted their blocked account. So what then is the need of dashing the public insurance company money in the first place if you still end up changing?

I haven't been to the hospital my 5 months spent here now, but I intend doing so at least to enjoy the benefits of money I paid before I make the switch. Because in the end na God dey protect person, no be manpower. So please and please, what would I stand to lose by leaving the public health insurance for a private one in order to save 50 euros monthly, and which private health insurance would you recommend?

cc Nevilbot, Dmaejay, Jejet, Futurewise11, Futurewiser, Cindino, Daimlerbenz, and every other experienced person I have forgotten to mention.

I am presently in this ur dilemma. U are paying 80€ and complaining. Mine have just bin increased to 171€ so I will jump at ur 80€ right about now. Public is d best but d fee is killing. I'm even going over to Aok on Friday as I am thinking of cancelling and going with union hanse marker of 78€ but my guy its not an easy decision as I know d implication but I'm still at a croos road. So my advice for u is if u are still less Dan 30 and u are paying 80 to public please and please stay with dem. U don't want d stress wen u really need dem

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:30pm On Feb 03, 2016
Anyone in Berlin?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by stoicism: 7:35pm On Feb 03, 2016
sammiy:
Pls is dere anyone hia studying MSc mechanical engineering in germany?

I find it confusing why the title of some degree is Bachelor of Science or Master of Science in Electrical, Mechanical etc Engineering, I am just trying to figure out if this doesn't diminish the value of the Diploma ? Cuz I have always been used to BEng and MEng..... What's your take on this bro?
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 7:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
babanila:
The interview went well by God grace.

NOTICE! NOTICE !! NOTICE!!!
The new things is that you need to have a delivery package bag/envelope. There is a FedEx guy outside the embassy.
You will pay the courier guy and give him your house address, then he will fill it and give you the package bag. The VO will collect the bag before she start the interview with you.

I was interviewed with two other Nairaland guys
The Nigerian Lady interview me.

I was given only IT test, 10 questions only
Which are :-
1) Internet was first use at the world trade centre in other to
communicate with there military ?
-True or -False

2) The full meaning of URL is Uniform Resource Location
True or False

3) Which 3 of the following is used in determining the speed of computer?
-CPU processor
-Amount of RAM
-Seek time
- Input time

4) Which of the following is/are correct ?
- 1 Kilobyte = 1000bytes
- 1 Megabyte= 1 billion bytes
- 1 Byte= 1 letter
- 1 Gigabyte= 1 million bytes

5) The program that enable us to manipulate words and numbers is?
- Spread sheet
- Software
- Data base
- None

6) There are standard protocols to know that informations provided are true or
accurate.
-True or -False

7) The physical part of the computer which enable us to input data into the computer is
-Hardware
-Software
-Input data
None

cool The WWW is a link which is always used through the URLs'.
-True or -False

9) The part of the computer where data are stored in Gigahertz is ?
-CPU processor
-Amount of RAM
- none

10) What is an unorganised, unstructured .....
-Data
-Information

The Oral interview is the same questions they have been asking our ancestors (Loooooooool)

Advice
Becalm, tell them what you know and above all be prayerful.

My2Dirhams

My interview is hrs away and i forgot to get the self addressed envelope from a well known courier company. Is the fedex guy always outside the German Consulate in the morning

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rorschach619: 8:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
Gmart22:
I sent you an email...received a similar email albeit not entirely....need to clarify some things....reply asap
Thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Rorschach619: 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2016
@femo86
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 8:32pm On Feb 03, 2016
nevilbot:

I am presently in this ur dilemma. U are paying 80€ and complaining. Mine have just bin increased to 171€ so I will jump at ur 80€ right about now. Public is d best but d fee is killing. I'm even going over to Aok on Friday as I am thinking of cancelling and going with union hanse marker of 78€ but my guy its not an easy decision as I know d implication but I'm still at a croos road. So my advice for u is if u are still less Dan 30 and u are paying 80 to public please and please stay with dem. U don't want d stress wen u really need dem

Na better matter una raise for here oh. For me I went to a private doctor for tooth filling and they increased my insurance the next month. Someone who understand the german insurance system should say something. We many wey this thing dey pain oh
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by ogagaejay: 8:38pm On Feb 03, 2016
dprinz99:

to continue later,

Please explain to me so I don't miss out. Because I have never held of it.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by nevilbot: 8:58pm On Feb 03, 2016
ogagaejay:

Na better matter una raise for here oh. For me I went to a private doctor for tooth filling and they increased my insurance the next month. Someone who understand the german insurance system should say something. We many wey this thing dey pain oh

Ur premium was not increased cus u went to a dentist. It was increased cus all public insurance increased dia premium nationwide stating from 2016. According to wat I heard doe not verified, d reason is to compensate d refugees brought into d system without monthly income. So its like d Obama Care wia dey take more from d haves to upset d deficit from d have nots.

If na cus of d dentist den my premium should av bin increased since last may wen I did a surgery of 4k. Its just DAT once u are above 30 u pay more. I was paying 128 den it went to 165 now to 171 from next month. So if u are paying 80 plz stay with public cus dey will av ur back wen u need dem. If not for Aok wia I go see 4k pay after my surgery. Na to run go back Naija b DAT.

Anoda thing is if u get a job wia dey register u as a full time worker and not student, ur company pays part of ur insurance fee yle a % is deducted from ur salary from source. I was told a company I just started working with did DAT for me so I need to go dia ist to clarify before I weigh my options cus 171€ no b beans

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 9:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
speedygeek:

My interview is hrs away and i forgot to get the self addressed envelope from a well known courier company. Is the fedex guy always outside the German Consulate in the morning

You will get at the embassy area. Just hold money because the amount you will pay for the evenlope depend on your location.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dprinz99(m): 9:56pm On Feb 03, 2016
ogagaejay:

Please explain to me so I don't miss out. Because I have never held of it.

yea,data the fact,they even have emergency fund for international students in need.
scholarship if u finish every semester with 2.9 for engr and 2.5 for other departments.
300 euro monthly stipen for all final year students
their packages r just too fantastic
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by speedygeek(m): 10:00pm On Feb 03, 2016
babanila:

You will get at the embassy area. Just hold money because the amount you will pay for the evenlope depend on your location.

Ok thanks
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by dprinz99(m): 10:05pm On Feb 03, 2016
Obiwannn:

but u hv 4gotten that u r neither God nor int'l office.na me laugh you pass,OGA ENGLISH,ABI NA ENGLISH WHER U SPIK AS DEM BORN YOU.
cnt boda myself about DAT cos my course isn't in English medium xo I wonder y Goethe institute didn't tell me that I won't get admission after writing my Zertifikat Deutsch Prûfung.

vergessen sie lieder nicht,man braucht keine viele Grammatik,um elforgreich zu sein.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by femo86(m): 10:25pm On Feb 03, 2016
Rorschach619:

I sent you an email...received a similar email albeit not entirely....need to clarify some things....reply asap
Thanks

Replied
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lakesidepapa(m): 10:59pm On Feb 03, 2016
dprinz99:

but u hv 4gotten that u r neither God nor int'l office.na me laugh you pass,OGA ENGLISH,ABI NA ENGLISH WHER U SPIK AS DEM BORN YOU.
cnt boda myself about DAT cos my course isn't in English medium xo I wonder y Goethe institute didn't tell me that I won't get admission after writing my Zertifikat Deutsch Prûfung.

vergessen sie lieder nicht,man braucht keine viele Grammatik,um elforgreich zu sein.
Take it easy bro. Obiwannn was just trying to play it cool with you. Na G wey dey jovial.. Nobi fight o, we no dey fight here.

Peace.......!
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by babanila(m): 11:34pm On Feb 03, 2016
dprinz99:

I like your confidence, are you going for Bsc or Msc ?.
Don't forget that some English textbooks are not easy to read let alone a german language that is not your mother tongue, so relax and save your ENERGY for your course in Germany.
Alles Gutes.
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Obiwannn: 12:31am On Feb 04, 2016
nevilbot:

171? Jesus!!! Oboy I weak. shocked
Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by styles2009: 2:59am On Feb 04, 2016
[quote author=babanila post=42598999
I like your confidence, are you going for Bsc or Msc ?.
Don't forget that some English textbooks are not easy to read let alone a german language that id not your mother tongue, so relax and save your ENERGY for your course in Germany.
Alles Gutes.[/quote]

With your mind dedicated to make it,you'll read in German and make it.
As for the debate on public vs private health insurance, public is better as for your long term goal of staying in DE.
There's a rule,if you change from public to private now and you start full time job after your studies, (which is your ultimate goal) it's like going to be expensive and huge deductions from your earnings like 10-16%, if am not wrong.
My advice, stick with public,if you can as health is wealth.
Also stop saying,I never sick for months etc,sickness no get starting date and you no be Superman. grin

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by lobito007(m): 10:17am On Feb 04, 2016
dprinz99:

yea,data the fact,they even have emergency fund for international students in need.
scholarship if u finish every semester with 2.9 for engr and 2.5 for other departments.
300 euro monthly stipen for all final year students
their packages r just too fantastic
Bros, abeg mention this school.

1 Like

Re: General German Visa Enquiries Part 2 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 04, 2016
Obiwannn:

Only thinking about the bolded dey make me fear. I never start to work oh..Iwan start to hustle next semester..but again..I am very very scared..Make I no go fail...I have already experienced such first hand. I have an Indian classmate, very very intelligent dude. He started missing classes and took up a job as a hotel manager, and in the end failed an exam we all had together. One which he should have aced if he studied hard enough..
The thought of combining work with study plus the very very difficult edu system (imagine me living life like say I dey Undergraduate..reading sleeping..reading.. sleeping..; monotonous boring life; again I come hear say dem go tax u 35% if u earn more than 450euros even as a student-very very mean society) makes me want to regret coming here in the first place. But again what can I do? I no fit get mind complain, cos I have been given the rare privilege many on the streets of Lagos don't have, and I believe Insha Allah when the time to join book with work comes (which is even more important than the book itself, else u'd be kicked out of d country), God go make way wey boys go take run am without failure... If people have done it in the past, then I can do it.

So my aspiring people, its not as rosy here oh..It would have been better if you don't have to think about making money to survive but only worry about reading the book which you came here to read in the first place. And if you have the funds, I'd advise you pursue Canada or US instead... But again, if you are a Nigerian like I am, I believe we would survive even the harshest of conditions...Just be like me folks and don't lose hope.
Working and reading is not easy oo, I started working after one month of my arrival here, for my side Bremen, heavy work pay more than office work because you will do the job for 8 or 9 hours and get 75euro at once every saturday. Those who are looking for office work, it is difficult to see office work because most office work are not in student work category in my own experience and manual job is better here because you do it longer hours, sometimes i do night job with mercedes 9hrs ,9.5 euros per hr and 25% added for doing night job, the job is cleaning machines they use in producing cars,removing oil from the floor and sometimes sorting nuts or car parts, that 9hrs you have to work without sleeping till morning with strong monitoring so that the person will not leave the job and go and sleep.

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (404) (405) (406) (407) (408) (409) (410) ... (469)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 8 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Travelling To Canada Part 10

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.