Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,560 members, 7,827,089 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:53 AM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50650 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by luckyman1010(m): 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mutuwa:
floccinaucinihilipilification

Also check

antidisestablishmentarianism

And finally..

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Look them up don't conclude they are fictitous words.
All these Words have one meaning ;You are colomentallisiousisticaly with no Drug.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stepsse(m): 8:00pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mrwhalex:
Ubiquitous
ubiquitous-readily available or present everywhere.

Abi ayaf lana?
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by hermesprogidy(m): 8:01pm On Jan 19, 2015
I did not. That's my point
umar745:
but did It make you check your dictionary?
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
Facesitting.
Doubledipp
Rimming
Cumshot
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by micolaj: 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2015
Comilomynous-strange
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tyfodic
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Beennkumar(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
dechandel:
Been a minute tongue
Howdy?
I'm good, and how about you? kiss
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by umar745(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2015
hermesprogidy:
I did not. That's my point

Well then, thumbs up to you
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
TrishaP:

I just checked in the dictionary and there's no such there.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 19, 2015
Waistaa
Prettythicksme
Somnambulism
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by vanen2: 8:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mrwhalex:
Ubiquitous
Microorganism are ubiquitous, it means they're found everywhere! Nice word
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:12pm On Jan 19, 2015
Budiliscious
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kendrick9(m): 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
MissMeiya:

No...

I'll give you a clue: *preposition stranding*

Edit: Ok, I just found out it's not technically wrong. Whoops lol
really... wow.
cos i've been tying to work that out since u told me about the dangling participle
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Jingoistic
Incarcerence
Camaraderieo
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by vanen2: 8:14pm On Jan 19, 2015
Just eavesdropping shall
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
fufu or foo foo

fuddy duddy

abecedarian
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by OkikiOluwa1(m): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
DaZion:
Mine is..."Laissez-faire"
is this not a french word?

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
MrHardOn:
Waistaa
Prettythicksme
Somnambulism
[ undecided shocked
kendrick9:
really... wow.
cos i've been tying to work that out since u told me about the dangling participle

It's technically called a preposition stranding, but it's also called a dangling preposition.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
Jingoistic
Camaraderie
Incarcerence
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by vanen2: 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2015
debolly:
Jingoistic
Incarcerence
Camaraderieo
it's camaraderie and not camaraderieo
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Eljay24(m): 8:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Amadioha

grin

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:19pm On Jan 19, 2015
Prettythicksme....Any worries?. Your username matches my vocab.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by notoriousbabe: 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Iyangbali
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ogunvic41(m): 8:20pm On Jan 19, 2015
Mutuwa:
floccinaucinihilipilification

Also check

antidisestablishmentarianism

And finally..

pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

Look them up don't conclude they are fictitous words.

Pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis (i/njuːˌmɒnoʊˌʌltrəmaɪkrɵˌskɒpɪkˌsɪlɪkoʊvɒlˌkeɪnɵkɒnaɪˈoʊsɪs/) is an English word that refers to a lung disease that is otherwise known as silicosis. It is the longest word in the English language published in a dictionary, the Oxford English Dictionary.

According to the Oxford English Dictionary, it is "an artificial long word said to mean a lung disease caused by inhaling very fine ash and sand dust."[1]
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tundeayotwentytwenty
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Misblah(f): 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
ceejayluv:
Pulchritude...
Its a Latin word. Means beauty, physical beauty precisely. Heard it for the first time in the classic movie Akeelah and the Bee starring Keke Palmer.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by makazona(m): 8:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
hoi polloi

infinitessimal

grrrrrrrrrrrrh
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pingolo
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Dlionsheart: 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Janjaweedianundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecidedundecided
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
MrHardOn:
Prettythicksme....Any worries?. Your username matches my vocab.
just curious!
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by shegsrules(m): 8:24pm On Jan 19, 2015
Glabella

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (20) (Reply)

Things Most Of Us Think Are The Same But Are Not (pictures) / ‘we Owe Allegiance To Eiye Confraternity’ - Lagos Secondary School Students / SS1 Student Caught Wearing Spiritual Amulet 'Igbadi' In Ogun State (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.