Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,991 members, 7,817,923 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary (50585 Views)

Drop One WORD That Can Make Someone Check His/her Dictionary. / 5 Words Nigerians Use That Doesn't Actually Exist In The Dictionary / 10 Words Nigerians Use That Are Not In The Dictionary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by iukpe: 7:28pm On Jan 19, 2015
brobdingnagian
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Crinkum crankum

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by hotgunz(m): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
zlatanera
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Chynx(m): 7:30pm On Jan 19, 2015
Fjord.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by baybeeboi: 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
SELENAqueensy:

What's that?
SELENAqueensy
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Onegai(f): 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
MissMeiya:

That would be SO MUCH FUN cheesy

Seriously, one jobless day like that, some of us from NL will gather. You can quote poetry (to sound even more obnoxious, make it Byron or Browning, throw in some JP Clark for African flavour) and I will discuss 18th century Versailles, palace life and any similarities to 18th century Benin palace life. Others will play Chess and Scrabble and expound on all sorts of theories. And we will drink tea and have scones (do they have that in Nigeria??) and do all of this in a loud manner.

Massive points if all the guys who attend wear cravats or bowties and the women gloves grin grin grin

God knows what the average Nigerian will think is happening...
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by utchvikky(f): 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
DanceVille:
Hey Guys....

Drop an English word that will make someone to check d dictionary..

I mean an English word that people wouldn't believe it Exists in the Dictionary..

Mine is "Table d'hôte"..
didn't check the dictionay'table for host'
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Ikpewe: 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
NTANGDIANISM EXAMPLE; A BROKEN BOTTLE CAN NEVER BE NTANGDIANISM.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by misterh(m): 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Quay
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
"come"
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Onegai(f): 7:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Chynx:
Fjord.

Go to Norway, my lad...
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tjrealus(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
DanceVille:
Hey Guys....

Drop an English word that will make someone to check d dictionary..

I mean an English word that people wouldn't believe it Exists in the Dictionary..

Mine is "Table d'hôte"..

PERFIDIOUS
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Higihagus
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by utchvikky(f): 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
Etagere
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Duplik8t77(m): 7:33pm On Jan 19, 2015
crinkum-crankum.......or if you like,higi-haga
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 19, 2015
hydromonopopogeographicationalism
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
peculiarabacus:
wow I love that...........hexakosioihexekontahexaphobiac.

arachibutyrophobia

That means word that is too long to enter a dictionary
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2015
Onegai:

Seriously, one jobless day like that, some of us from NL will gather. You can quote poetry (to sound even more obnoxious, make it Byron or Browning, throw in some JP Clark for African flavour) and I will discuss 18th century Versailles, palace life and any similarities to 18th century Benin palace life. Others will play Chess and Scrabble and expound on all sorts of theories. And we will drink tea and have scones (do they have that in Nigeria??) and do all of this in a loud manner.

Massive points if all the guys who attend wear cravats or bowties and the women gloves grin grin grin

God knows what the average Nigerian will think is happening...

Omg you're hilarious! cheesy We have to listen to Highlife, or something equally retro and hipster. Or something classical and really pretentious like opera. YES! grin

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hahahahahaha...this section will really help people who plan to write GRE ( verbal section)...
I wish I cud be allowed to take Hon Patrick obahiagbon with me on the exam date....I wud av gotten a very high mark...lol
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
MrHardOn:
SELENAqueensy.

Olodo u no go knw book
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kourt: 7:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Pitiable dissmal pisma grin
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by kendrick9(m): 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
MissMeiya:

If you like poetry, I'll quote the poem where I learned it from.

By the way, can you spot the grammatical error in my last sentence? cheesy
let me guess..
U used the capital I instead of i.
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by wavecomtek: 7:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
Inamorata
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
kendrick9:
let me guess..
U used the capital I instead of i.

No...

I'll give you a clue: *preposition stranding*

Edit: Ok, I just found out it's not technically wrong. Whoops lol
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by chichichilolo1(f): 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hoax

1 Like

Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Stylz69(m): 7:39pm On Jan 19, 2015
Tintinnabulation
Pulchritudinous
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:40pm On Jan 19, 2015
DesChyko:
Pneumonoultamicroscopicsilicovolcanoconioisis

I hear that almost every day
#terryG
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by tesol16(m): 7:41pm On Jan 19, 2015
zooerastia
phantasmagoria
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by ujezeez(m): 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
What of 'Blimey'....
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2015
Enuresis- Inability to control urination..Simply put:when an adult bedwets
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by snazzy5050(m): 7:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
natatoruim
Re: Drop An English Word That Will Make Someone Check The Dictionary by chingydaboss(m): 7:45pm On Jan 19, 2015
Byzantine... difficult to understand

Cinch..... easy

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (20) (Reply)

Secondary Students Celebrate Graduation By Carrying Their Colleague Up / Meet Sackey Percy Ghanaian Dancing Teacher Who Dances With Students After Class / Think Twice Before Going For Masters Degree (m.sc) - Vincent Adeoba

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.