Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147358 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:25am On Apr 02, 2009
Hey all,
Thanks Vee, will surely follow through on that contact.
Seeing as we have many bankers here, I would like you guys to help me out with some contacts, whoever does brand marketing or corporate comms (mid level or senior management person) in your bank abeg.
I have one proximity marketing solution for them. If you give me a link, I might even throw in a commission for you. cool

Peace.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 9:32am On Apr 02, 2009
diggler:

hey Crackles ur own betta, Congrats on the Ride
On top Meltdown, Credit crunch & the other slew of buzz words for d scenario @ hand u're living it up Kentro, Big ups man
i handled an A4 2002 model couple of years back, the ride wuz a dream. My friend that owned d car was scoring Abj honeys like mad, All he said to d kokolets wuz "Baby enter the atmosphere" OK OK i kinda exaggarated on that one but y'all catch d drift.
Meanwhile Mr C its like u'll arrange a small stimulus package for ya ppl nah grin

Thanks dude
Trust me dat machine is already scoring points and getting me results! cheesy grin
Stimulus package will be on its way soon
! tongue cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 11:03am On Apr 02, 2009
Thanks for taking the post off Cristalz

Mukina Baby, at last, u r done with your project. Congrats girl

YAY, Crackles don tear new ride o. Congrats bro
One more for the scaling through. Popping e champagne

hahaha, Diggler says now's the time to get laid real easy. Hmmmm, you corporate manwhore.

Sorry about the infections Ajanlekoko. Get fully well soon.

Jericho
I think there was some kind of topic on this your driver earlier on. Something about you wanting to help him with school or sth? Did you? If no, wise decision.

Hello my peeps

Well, well, well

As most of you know, my home has been my office for most of MArch but that seems like it's about to end.
No, I haven't landed a job but I'm expecting some news today abou my getting into one program I'm real interested in.
We've done tests, written essays, done group stuff and frankly, I think I did alright.

The program involves one month of training ( to improve our employability skills) and another month of internship with some companies before we can be offered any form of employment.
It doesn't sound so fantastic (No mention of money anywhere), but for some reason, I'm really interested in this.
Wish me luck, people.  smiley

I'll let u know the deal at the end of theday
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 2:24pm On Apr 02, 2009
How una dey,
Been a relatively quiet day for me. So quiet in fact that I spent most of the day P2Ping on Ares and Vuze.
What was I downloading? The Awesome 80s, with emphasis on Reggae (Donna Summer, Musical Youth, Eddie Grant, Jimmy Cliff, Third World, etc).
I was also able to pull down the entire discography (yes, all 2. something gig worth) of the Legend himself, Bob Marley!
Needless to say I've had a relatively painless day, hitting meself with muzik!
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2009
@Tollu

Still considering sending him to school o. Made him the promise so have to keep my word to him. He seems to be getting better by the day. Hope he does.

@Topic.
I had this friend (cos he passed away 2 weeks ago cry) who we went into a deal together. He sourced the job while i was to carry it out. Sharing was put at 60 for me and 40 for him. The total sum is in 6 digits. I have completed the job and the money is to be paid tomorrow. Though my friend died 2 weeks ago while we were both expecting the payment, leaving a wife and child of 2 yrs.

Now i have decided to pay his share of the money to his widow though she has no idea of the transaction. Is this proper?? I say this cos another friend advised i dont. Am i being sentimental?

J
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 9:34pm On Apr 02, 2009
Hi y'all

@Jericho
U aint being sentimental u've just shown us that u posses something thats going extinct real fast amongst us humans A CONSCIENCE.
I know all about being ruthless in d game but being able to get a good nites sleep still pays.

I'd even advise u dont pay her immediately but wait till after d frenzy from burial etc etc has died down then give her d cash so it'll be useful also make em typical African red-eye relatives no smell d money.

meanwyl if u wan fix d cashmoney make d payout dey a bit sweeter dont hesitate to holla @ ur boy (turkish.diggler@yahoo.com) i'll set u up with some sweet rates but u'd better act fast b4 d new CBN policy on deposit rates trickles down.

@Vee
Mr Cabal is the Alpha & Omega for all Bankers (Especially in Nigeria)

Speaking Layman, its the Total sum of cashmoney u have sitting in ur clients accounts at any given time.

So each day a special set of people set out to harass y'all (preferably the richest 1%) to recycle more of their cash (hard earned or stolen we dont really care) amongst our various institutions.

@Topic

Slow day,
It tried to rain but didnt.
Had to resolve some excessive charge issues for some clients.
I'm seriously considering quiting d FX game (shit is becoming too icky & EFCC, d Internal Auditors/inspectors etc etc r nosing around, No be me dem go carry shine)
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2009
hey diggler
not yet time to quit the FX game

whts ur Yahoo ID
need to talk grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 9:00am On Apr 03, 2009
seen ur email, ill mail u jiggar
Re: Welcome To My Office by Vee0906: 10:54am On Apr 03, 2009
Thanks Jiggler, didnt know that,
@ Jericho. You have displayed wisdom integrity and conscience , beyond your years. A testimony awaits you for the good deed you are about to do. Bless you. Trult respect your decision. Keep it up. Cheers
Hey to everyone else in the house.
Re: Welcome To My Office by damiso(f): 11:25am On Apr 03, 2009
Hey everyone,

Nice to see that this thread is still alive,Kudos to those who efffectively ensure that is always re-awakened when dozing off.

My working life has been(and i mean really) mental coupled with personal issues going on in my life right now,all i can say is it is well. Despite the financial crisis,we are actually doing 40% more business than actually forecasted,which really is good news for the business but ridiculously high work volumes for me.The high side is that YAY,we did get our bonuses(was really not expecting one after all the doom and gloom and wahala in the press about bonuses) and i got even more than i expected which really made my end of march lovely.Got a salary increase as well(4%) which really is not more much but at least alot better than payfreeze or redundancy that is going around in our industry.What more can we say but to thank God for his grace and mercies?

Well all i can say is that work is fine,get to leave early today so not that bad only have an outstanding report to hand in and my brain just keeps on freezing(this my body has really been battling me,its like its no longer mine embarassed).Posting here is like a breather,so have to get back to it now.Well guys,hope you all have nice day in your respective offices.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 11:35am On Apr 03, 2009
Hey damiso, hang in there k? It's always nice to get a little extra in the paycheck.

How are the rest of y'all doing? I haven't been on this thread for a while, been caught up in so many other things.

It's been a hectic but interesting two weeks for me. . . . I've basically been cooped up in a hotel in the middle of nowhere with 16 other colleagues from all over the business for the purpose of 'integrating' and building networks. Work was intense, even had to work Sunday (a rarity for me). On the other hand it was very interesting as well - played lots of football in the evenings, followed by dinner, chatting poppycock and imbibing large quantities of alcohol. I think I need to detox my body after this 10 days, I must have consumed more alcohol in these two weeks than I did in the previous year. grin

I did meet a lot of interesting people in other disciplines and areas, and these networks are what carry you through your time in the company.

On a sad note, the company lost 16 colleagues in a helicopter crash and that really dampened the mood for a couple of days. cry cry We were lucky about a month ago that no one died in the previous incident but we didn't have the same fortune this time around. sad This is really a dangerous business to be in, you sometimes forget that though and incidents like these remind you how quickly things can go wrong.

Now I have to get back to 'work' next week. I'm sure my table is piled high with outstanding work from this two week training thing I've been on, but hey - that's not till Monday so I can kick back and enjoy the weekend since I just got PAID. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 12:11pm On Apr 03, 2009
hv a nice wkend
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2009
@ Tmoni

enjoy the London scene and don't worry too much about work, you need to build your 'other skills' right now wink

Don't live in ABZ, I'm on the onshore based in the south. . . I'm actually concerned about going up North now. undecided

Why did you move anyways? Don't you like the good ol Scots? grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 4:57pm On Apr 03, 2009
hv a nice week
Re: Welcome To My Office by murphy387(m): 2:01pm On Apr 04, 2009
i just start working with my anty husband,anyway i just talk to him that since i cant just be sleeping at home expecting job to come on a platter of gold,so he should let me just come down to his office and work as casual like some people in that office,though the take home every month for casuals is not more than 20,000.but to my surprice my boss gave me 7,000 and gave others same usual amonth after ive work for almost 33days,when i tender this before some people they said may be is testing me or something, but i dont even really know what is going on at all.
you guys should give me some advice or contribution.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 3:07pm On Apr 04, 2009
@Murphy,
My understanding of what you're saying: You worked, albeit as casual staff, for your brother-in-law boss and he gave you 7k, instead of 20K he gives(gave) other casual staff?

If I got you, then I think one of these two things could be happening:
1, From the way you joined the company, it's informal and he didn't see you as part of staff; he felt he's just helping you out of your idleness, so he's rewarding you at his discretion.
2, The 'testing' talk may also be true, even though I doubt that is the case.

I will advise you to keep mum, continue with the work and see what happens at the end of this second month. If he still gives you 7K, then the testing suggestion is out of it. He's not testing you, he has resolved to be paying you arbitrarily.

My advice: If after second month, he still gives you 7K, then it is left for you to decide whether to quit or stay. If you feel earning 7K pays you more than staying at home, then continue with the work, while, of course, searching for better job. If you feel 7K is too ridiculous or can't cover your expenses(especially transport), then quit but you have to manage this wisely to avoid family clash(i.e being your in-law). Quit honourably, don't bad-mouth him. Who knows, he may be of help in the future.
Cheers!!.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 4:04pm On Apr 04, 2009
murphy387:

i just start working with my anty husband,anyway i just talk to him that since i cant just be sleeping at home expecting job to come on a platter of gold,so he should let me just come down to his office and work as casual like some people in that office,though the take home every month for casuals is not more than 20,000.but to my surprice my boss gave me 7,000 and gave others same usual amonth after ive work for almost 33days,when i tender this before some people they said may be is testing me or something, but i dont even really know what is going on at all.
you guys should give me some advice or contribution.

@ poster, LOL,
Sounds like you didn't negotiate with him. So you actually have no locus standi to complain.
He probably does not count you as one of his employees, so the 7K is just a honorarium from his pocket. This means he's a nice man. You have a couple of choices, either you go and negotiate with him, i.e. tell him that you want to work for him full-time and want to get paid accordingly, or you keep quiet and maintain the status quo. If you negotiate with him he may turn you down, and the ensuing situation may end up being unpleasant, but that is a risk you'll have to take, and a lesson you may want to learn against the future.
All the best, mate.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 9:50am On Apr 05, 2009
debosky:

It's been a hectic but interesting two weeks for me. . . . I've basically been cooped up in a hotel in the middle of nowhere with 16 other colleagues from all over the business for the purpose of 'integrating' and building networks. Work was intense, even had to work Sunday (a rarity for me). On the other hand it was very interesting as well - played lots of football in the evenings, followed by dinner, chatting poppycock and imbibing large quantities of alcohol. I think I need to detox my body after this 10 days, I must have consumed more alcohol in these two weeks than I did in the previous year. grin

I did meet a lot of interesting people in other disciplines and areas, and these networks are what carry you through your time in the company.

talk true; plenty of btw the sheets action as well, not so? grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 11:34am On Apr 06, 2009
i need to get N100million in fixed deposits or CASA by month end or my job will be on the line

besides im stuck in an office romance thats driving me crazy right now

can someone pls deliver me!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Vee0906: 3:05pm On Apr 06, 2009
Hey everyone,

Just got back from an interview. for a marketing assistant job at an oil firm.

Anyways , I had had 2 interviews already, and they called me for todays interview. Well I dont think I got the job because they said that they would have prefered if I had more experience and was a little older. I am just about to finish service in Lagos.

But they said, they dont want to lose me cos I have potential and possibilities blah blah blah etc. I will get a job in the company but not as the Marketing assistant, which did I add comes with possibility of affairs with the people u work with in the other companies, Quite challenging. I must say. At the end of the day, It wasnt so bad. I still get to work with an oil and gas company and grow.

Other than that, same ol same ol in the office. Waiting for my colleague who comes in 2ce a week in the afternoons , other than that its just me. Was supposed to spend easter in abidjan, that would have been nice, but now it looks like it may be cancelled

@ debosky, my condolences on the death of your colleagues. Take it easy and be careful, your job sounds 'high risk'.

@ everyone else, hope y'all had a good weekend!
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 3:08pm On Apr 06, 2009
need to get N100million in fixed deposits or CASA by month end or my job will be on the line
u'll need prayers and fasting cos i dont have an idea where u can get tht kinda money
wont the money be in an account b4? will the account officer of the old money allow the money to be moved to anotherbank?

e kpele  lipsrsealed

On a sad note, the company lost 16 colleagues in a helicopter crash and that really dampened the mood for a couple of days. We were lucky about a month ago that no one died in the previous incident but we didn't have the same fortune this time around. This is really a dangerous business to be in, you sometimes forget that though and incidents like these remind you how quickly things can go wrong.
shocked shocked shocked shocked
JESUS!!!! 16 people.
wtf shocked
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 3:39pm On Apr 06, 2009
@diggler, vee0906 and tmoni,

Thanks for the encouragement guys.

Got the cheque today. Will be forwarding hers over the weekend. Will fill u guys in on how it goes.

@Topic

Nigerian banks are so callous. Met a client over the weekend who left Bank A over a yr ago to B Bank. Now Bank A has refused to issue a reference to him while Bank B has threatened to sack him if the reference is not received by the end of the month. Reason for refusal is that He recommended a customer to the bank who obtained a loan of 500m and has has paid 493m. Bank A has asked him to offset the balance before the reference can be issued cos the customer has absconded.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 8:04pm On Apr 06, 2009
otuwe:

i need to get N100million in fixed deposits or CASA by month end or my job will be on the line

U don enter am!

Unfortunately NL dont have a resident pastor or imam who can deliver you, so i am afraid, YOU ARE ON YOUR OWN
! grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 8:42pm On Apr 06, 2009
@otuwe

Hey dearie, welcome to this chill zone. Hope to hear more gists from your work place. Love the way you entered with a bang,lol grin . . .office romance, huh? Not always a good thing.
If you wanna share ,we could help out. Pretty friendly people in here. Don't mind MrCrackles. . .hez actually got a soft heart grin

About your cabal, how about your contacts? Do some networking. . .see who knows who that knows someone that knows somebody that has good money to waiting to be taken in grin
You can do it, just believe it. Keep looking, keep talking to people. The money's out there. Finding it is the problem, but it's possible. All the best.

@Brash

We must wash the ride o grin

@Jericho

You're doing the right thing dearie, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Give his widow his share, don't hesitate. How goes your work? Hope you get a replacement driver and maid soon.

@TKB

Big boi, how you dey? Just thought to specially greet you,lol. . .went to page 1 of this thread, and I had to smile. Thanks grin

@all

How goes the hustling? Keep doing ya thing wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 8:44pm On Apr 06, 2009
Cristalz:

@Brash We must wash the ride o grin

We will, no alccy though! cheesy grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 9:08pm On Apr 06, 2009
Hi All

Water Cooler gossip is such a fvcking drag.
And today's edition was fuelled by a couple of juicy shiite that went down l8 Friday after i'd left.

1.) Some chic slapped some guy
2.) Some other chic & d hubby r having some marital issues

These two basically formed d backdrop 4 d day @ my Office (4 most of em blokes with colorless lives)

As for moi, i was being naughty as i literally stole a couple of juicy accounts from a sister branch (note to self: invest in some body armour)
Also i raked in a massive haul today in the upper 8 digit region (Mr cabal can come lick my ebony Arse) grin

All in all i thank d Almighty for the lil things that make life interesting

Hope y'all r living in interesting times

peace
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 10:57am On Apr 07, 2009
Hello eceryone.

Welcome on board Otuwe.

Tkb, it's been such a while? Wetin dey happen now?

Anyways, I got into the program I mentioned the other time but now there's a catch:
We've been asked to pay a 'commitment fee' of 5k and that got my radar up so I decided to google the progam (Samsung real Dreams) and it turns out, it's been carried out in other african countries like Egypt and Kenya.

I'm still trying to justify spending any money on any program especially as we weren't informed from the get go about financial commitment of any kind.
I'm still thinking abt it but I'm almost too sure of participating. So incase anybody hears abt the progarm abeg holla o.

Catch y'all later
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 11:59am On Apr 08, 2009
@tollu,
I know people at Samsung.
Will dig around and give you some feedback.
Re: Welcome To My Office by worldz(m): 1:05pm On Apr 08, 2009
Hi everyone,

Am kind of inspired with this thread espcially with d kind of people in it who are mostly professionals in their fields.

I wd like some mentoring espcially frm pple like TKB and d rest. Ve always wanted 2 launch a career in the Financial/Investmnt Mgt field, am presently doing my IT in a bank and currently writing PE3 of ICAN after which i intend doing CIS(Chrtd Inst. of Stockbrokers).

I hope 2 go back to sch afterwards to complete my studies, but am afraid dat i might not beat d age limit i.e 26/27 for entry levels in the job market.

I currently need advice from everyone on dis thread, on whether my fears will b put 2 rest with d professional exams am writing and a good grade @ school as backup? Or do employers strictly look at those age limits? thanks.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:48pm On Apr 08, 2009
tollu:

Anyways, I got into the program I mentioned the other time but now there's a catch:
We've been asked to pay a 'commitment fee' of 5k and that got my radar up so I decided to google the progam (Samsung real Dreams) and it turns out, it's been carried out in other african countries like Egypt and Kenya.

I'm still trying to justify spending any money on any program especially as we weren't informed from the get go about financial commitment of any kind.
I'm still thinking abt it but I'm almost too sure of participating. So incase anybody hears abt the progarm abeg holla o.

Okay, spoke to someone at Samsung. Apparently the program is actually supported by Samsung but run by some recruitment agency, so they're likely the ones asking for the 5k. Samsung is not asking for any money apparently.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 8:01am On Apr 11, 2009
Thanks a bundle Ajanlekoko, that's precious news. I guess I'll go for it then since Samsung is in the know about it. 1ce again thank you so much. smiley
Re: Welcome To My Office by TCann(m): 11:09pm On Apr 13, 2009
worldz:

Hi everyone,

Am kind of inspired with this thread espcially with d kind of people in it who are mostly professionals in their fields.

I wd like some mentoring espcially frm pple like TKB and d rest. Ve always wanted 2 launch a career in the Financial/Investmnt Mgt field, am presently doing my IT in a bank and currently writing PE3 of ICAN after which i intend doing CIS(Chrtd Inst. of Stockbrokers).

I hope 2 go back to sch afterwards to complete my studies, but am afraid dat i might not beat d age limit i.e 26/27 for entry levels in the job market.

I currently need advice from everyone on dis thread, on whether my fears will b put 2 rest with d professional exams am writing and a good grade @ school as backup? Or do employers strictly look at those age limits? thanks.

with serious interest for months now, i 've been following posts here esp, those relating to persons engaged in the career path which i wish to launch into soon with hope of picking up one or two things from them,say mor like am their unknown protege.Persons like TKB417 and other bros in the investment mgt field.
I am a lawyer, a chartered accountant and currently a PE2 candidate of CIS(also a candidate of the investment compliance diploma of SII, london). I major in Investment&securities law and coupled with my trainings in finance,i 've always dreamt of having a career in investment mgt since my university days,it's wot am passionate about!!

@WORLDZ
I am replying to this thread cos i can associate with your dream and passion and by God's grace, we will hit it. Age will soon not be a major issue by the time you 're thru with CIS plus your ICAN, trust me,just comb the net and see for yourself age brackets of positions like Inv. analysts and stkbrokers(btw 28-35).try to reach me with the email below,its temporary and il give u my personal email when i get ur mail.

@TKB417
Broz,i hail o, i know u are an extremely busy person,considering the nature of the job,i'd love it if u can chip in 1 or 2 things here and maybe for some other hints,arrangements can be made for IM-ing. Also please help me send ur email addy into my office email- [teecannrecruiting@yahoo.com].thank you.

@Others
I hail o! its a nice stuff going on here, with this humble beginnings, soon professionals by categories will start things big like mentoring and pro bono advisory tips services to help scores of naija youths hoping to amke headway with their lives and fulfil destiny.

Pls if you have something to chip in on the points that i have raised, by all means, contribute. Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.