Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,436 members, 7,853,873 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 06:59 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (148031 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 5:04pm On Jan 19, 2010
Ajanlekoko.

The next time u tell me senior management is not all dat it is cracked up to be, I'll e-fight you :-P

Not something, MANY things are wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians. U don't even have to be out dere to know dis though that drives home the point strongly. Sometimes, I feel like we have gone beyond redemption sef.

@ Topic
This year started on a sour note for moi.
Jan 2nd, my sister's friend went to beach with us for our annual beach picnic and then - - - she drowned!
Please say a prayer for her soul.

We went to report at the police station and den my sister was detained, I couldn't leave her behind so abt 3 of us were detained n we spent 48hrs behind police 'counter'.
It was a horrible situation.

Life in the office has been alrite, just alrite. I need to move on soon cos I just be like local champion.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2010
tollu:

Ajanlekoko.

The next time u tell me senior management is not all dat it is cracked up to be, I'll e-fight you :-P

Not something, MANY things are wrong with Nigeria and Nigerians. U don't even have to be out dere to know dis though that drives home the point strongly. Sometimes, I feel like we have gone beyond redemption sef.

@ Topic
Jan 2nd, my sister's friend went to beach with us for our annual beach picnic and then - - - she drowned!

We went to report at the police station and den my sister was detained, I couldn't leave her behind so abt 3 of us were detained n we spent 48hrs behind police 'counter'.

Life in the office has been alrite, just alrite. I need to move on soon cos I just be like local champion.

na wa o for 2010 o
this year wan dey consume people anyhow

urs 2nd , mine 1st

God dey sad

nyways, kpele o. God will give u and her family the fortitude to bear the loss
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 5:32pm On Jan 19, 2010
tollu:

Ajanlekoko.

@ Topic

i am so sorry bunch of bastards - the police angry angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:57pm On Jan 19, 2010
hey tollu,
Sorry to hear about your friend. God grant her rest. Tragic.
Police bastards should rot in wherever.

tollu:

Ajanlekoko.
grin grin grin grin grin

@ Topic,
Still stuck seven hours ahead of my world. Having fun though. It's an interesting place to be, with lots of history, lots of skyscrapers, and lots of flat-faced people. (Uh . . don't think that came out quite right wink)

My meetings ended today, so I don't mind sleeping at 4am (9pm your time). Have no plans of getting up any time before noon tomorrow.

Should be here till the next couple of days . . . then I will move on to a city where a lot of those bad movies were shot. From there on to the Arab playground that was recently painted red by some beefing banks grin

Welcome to my office indeed!
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 7:15pm On Jan 19, 2010
TKB.

Amen
So sorry about your cousin. This life is indeed very short, death of a young person makes one realise this.

Oyb
Thanks man
Nigerian police are bastards. Seriously, the things I saw my mouth no fit dey talk.
We were treated relatively well because most of them sympathised with us but still - - -

Ajanlekoko
Tragic indeed, but we thank God.

U is living the life sirree
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 1:06pm On Jan 20, 2010
tollu:

[@ Topic

eeyaa, pele o.
Which beach be dat?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 1:12pm On Jan 20, 2010
Ese o Jarus.
Twas Eleguishi beach
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 1:18pm On Jan 21, 2010
Kpele ooo Tollu,
The Good Lord will be your strenght

Naija police are the worst of the ilk, very very incompetent bastardos

Stab in the dark here but me thinks, Ajanlekoko is currently is Malaysia (Petronas tower, flat face peeps, 7hrs time diff, malaysia-truly asia) , then would proceed to China (maybe a Huawei deal, mouth moving faster than speech in movies), then travel to Dubai (recent wahala on the Nakheel bond), I can almost guess where you work now,

You do not have to confirm the above hypothesis,

@Topic,

Man, its manic here ooooo
Deliverables to be submited to client on 29th, everybody running in circles and unfortuanately, most circles are crossed with me like Venn Diagram
People shying away from responsibility and passing the buck
I forsee sleeping in here the whole of next week,
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 4:15pm On Jan 21, 2010
Tmoni:

Stab in the dark here but me thinks, Ajanlekoko is currently is Malaysia (Petronas tower, flat face peeps, 7hrs time diff, malaysia-truly asia) , then would proceed to China (maybe a Huawei deal, mouth moving faster than speech in movies), then travel to Dubai (recent wahala on the Nakheel bond), I can almost guess where you work now,

You do not have to confirm the above hypothesis,

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2010
Just stumbled on this thread.
Interesting to know what some of you do.

I'm a HR person in one multinational.
My job ain't that hectic most days,
When it decides to be busy, you can sleep in the office overnight.

The bulk of the job in the dept is done by contract staff.

The typical day involves brief meetings, writing and reading memos.
Signing docs, going to the canteen, return back to the office, browse the net.

Most full staff are always doing one professional course or the other as there is a lot of free time to read.
In my case, lot's of time to develop strategic plan for my personal business.

What is cool about the job is the pay and trainings. We're forever going on one course or the other.
Unfortunately, i don't really enjoy traveling.

Teams are forever looking for ways to arrange team meetings.
An opportunity to go to some fancy recreational center.

If you're looking for challenges, this is not the place to be except you're a contract staff or field person.
Those in the finance and operations dept don't have it easy too
Re: Welcome To My Office by argentina: 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2010
my first post here since inception of this thread,
sorry to the person that lost a friend   shocked what a way to start the year, all beaches in lagos experience high tides last year, the reason for the incessant drownings ,i think there has been an annoucment on this on the radio, eleguishi is suppposed to ve a lif e guard!!like the other beaches, anyway accept me heart felt condolence,

on the hand i think y' all having a ball and calling it work, hmmmmm, i pray to be like u guys someday o, my own office na war zone!!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 10:58pm On Jan 21, 2010
My condolences to Tollu on ur Loss.

Think it waz NWA that said "Phock the POLICE", I second that.

Business is picking up as i contribute my quota towards destroying the Nigerian economy (I'm an accessory to ur addiction to inferior Chinese goods).

I've got bizness + pleasure + fake smiles + ass licking + headache lined up tomorrow, first i need to get over my Insomnia.

Have fun Folks.

Ps. @ Bluediva I dig ur racket, I have execution (as in murder murder murder, Kill kill kill) plans laid out for My Institutions' HR team all them suckas know na to de raise expense up and down, dey snag some cheap tail from desperate/naive chics seeking promotions & the like.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 5:10am On Jan 22, 2010
@ Tmoni
The Lord has taken control already

Appears u have shocked Ajanlekoko beyond expression. Methinks u were spot on cheesy

@ Bluediva
Welome on board

@ Argentina
There wasn't a lifeguard in sight o
Welcome on board

@ Diggler
Thank ya. The police don dey overPhocked as it is.

Insomnia is a hard thing to get over o, all d best with dat man
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 11:29am On Jan 23, 2010
@Tollu, don't worry, it is well

@bluediva & argentina, welcome here

@Topic,
Looks like i made a mistake on Friday, me Project Director might not be the happiest guy but hey, life has to go on
Hopefully, its going to be a chilling/ relaxing / reconcillation weekend,

Offtopic,
I would have thought Victor Osadolor would have been made the new UBA GMD,
Surprised to see the new designate who has not really been in the media prior to now (i stand to be corrected)
Anybody with inside gist??

I hope this guy will not be like Tony in the area of (Exceptional Items) and i think they should put the brakes on the African Conquest, this should be time for bolstering balance sheets,

?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 3:05pm On Jan 23, 2010
hey guys,
AjanleKoko signing in from an airport lounge at 10pm or thereabouts local time here.
It's been an exhausting week, but mad fun. I am never doing vacation in Europe again. Only yankee and Asia. Yankee for Western-style shopping and Asia for the experience.

@Tmoni, na from Aberdeen you dey sabi where person dey work sef? But no shaking sha. You try small, although I had left too many clues, obviously.

And to all Nairalanders living in Nigeria, don't be fooled o, by those Chinese movies you watch. With what I saw of their country, we no suppose dey look their face at all. When they talk, we should just shut the heck up and disappear under the table or something.

I no even wan talk about Malaysia, I always knew those guys were tight. But as per China. . . I can only say that now i know the power of Western media. Those European and American bastards just paint these people as oppressed greasy labourers hustling for their government. Na heavy lie. Those guys are more free and enlightened than Nigerians, considering that the government doesn't give a crap about us.

I just rode on a train at 300kph to the airport, covering a distance of 30km in 7 minutes. Lord have mercy . . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2010
AjanleKoko:

hey guys,
AjanleKoko signing in from an airport lounge at 10pm or thereabouts local time here.
It's been an exhausting week, but mad fun. I am never doing vacation in Europe again. Only yankee and Asia. Yankee for Western-style shopping and Asia for the experience.

@Tmoni, na from Aberdeen you dey sabi where person dey work sef? But no shaking sha. You try small, although I had left too many clues, obviously.

And to all Nairalanders living in Nigeria, don't be fooled o, by those Chinese movies you watch. With what I saw of their country, we no suppose dey look their face at all. When they talk, we should just shut the heck up and disappear under the table or something.

I no even wan talk about Malaysia, I always knew those guys were tight. But as per China. . . I can only say that now i know the power of Western media. Those European and American bastards just paint these people as oppressed greasy labourers hustling for their government. Na heavy lie. Those guys are more free and enlightened than Nigerians, considering that the government doesn't give a crap about us.

I just rode on a train at 300kph to the airport, covering a distance of 30km in 7 minutes. Lord have mercy . . .
I no say one day Jarus too go become oga wey go dey junket around the world like Ajanlekoko. . . .by God's grace. This my chair don tire sef smiley
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:39am On Jan 24, 2010
Jarus:

I no say one day Jarus too go become oga wey go dey junket around the world like Ajanlekoko. . . .by God's grace. This my chair don tire sef smiley

Your time will come, Jarus grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Wilife: 10:12am On Jan 24, 2010
Good day All,

This is probably the most sensible threads on NL besides my favorite property threads.

, Always checking to see if there is any new post.

U guys have not been too forthcoming lately though.

Well Tmoni's comments caught my interest,

I personally thought the other chap (Chika or so) who was close to Tony E was going to become the CEO, I think it was last reported he was heading to the States for some executive training or something last year.

Me think the greatest surprise was Femi Olaloku, I have watched that man's meteoric rise from the old Citi days,

Interesting,
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 1:13pm On Jan 24, 2010
@ Oga Ajanle, hope say i no blow ya cover oooo, anyways hope you have a safe trip back to gidi
I don commot for aberdeen since oooooo

@Wilife,
yeah Chika Mordi was also a guy in the media spotlight too, i wonder y he did not get it

well, maybe this new guy might be Tony's stooge (he might still be pulling the strings in the background)
and he felt Chika & Victor will develop a mind of theirs so he brought in another guy

@Offtopic,
I don tire to dey dobale (postrate) for airport ooo, its getting a bit embarrassing and it looks like me peeps expect it all d time
maybe, i will change profession to mechanic, lol
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 7:15am On Jan 25, 2010
Wilife:

Well Tmoni's comments caught my interest,

I personally thought the other chap (Chika or so) who was close to Tony E was going to become the CEO, I think it was last reported he was heading to the States for some executive training or something last year.

Me think the greatest surprise was Femi Olaloku, I have watched that man's meteoric rise from the old Citi days,

Interesting,

Phillips Oduoza, the new GMD-designate , was the DMD-South, and that is the biggest operation they have. It's only logical.
Wow, is Femi Olaloku the new COO? Feels like I've been away for a while, rather than just a week. He's a good guy, knew him when he was at Citi. Along with Dele Akinyemi, who's now an ED in DBN.
Re: Welcome To My Office by otuwe(f): 9:45am On Jan 25, 2010
they have cut our salary!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry

but thank God for job sha at least its better than job loss
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 1:58pm On Jan 25, 2010
otuwe:

they have cut our salary!!!!!!!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry

but thank God for job sha at least its better than job loss
do u work in a bank?

@Topic
after the lull in activities cos of the past festive period, im back on the streets "shopping" for money for ma clients

For us in the sell side, its a harrowing experience trying to get funds for peeps; I can only thank God that some are still interested in giving money to those with the best value proposition, i swear its tough trying to close a $ 20million dollar deal now. I can remember 08 when 20million dollars deals wouldnt take 8 weeks to close, but now, na wa!!! my offshore "waka" for smart money has started again this 2010.

off to Dakar again and will be back hopefully with all matter and terms agreed. need that closed for my 2010 bonus
This year must surely be mine
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 2:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
Jarus
wassup, abeg come give me update on the right issue goin on with ur coy

the cowboiz are at it again cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 3:04pm On Jan 27, 2010
its almost over, yipeeee

i'm passing out in two weeks and now i've become hot sturvs, everybody either wants to teach me something or wants me to teach them something. . .i've decided not to join all my friends in the first-to-msc/phd race, so that means i have to get a job, not really looking forward to it. but for me its the NPS(nigerian power sector) or bust!

we're installing a new 60MVA transformer at minna TS funny thing is distribution in minna isn't ready for it, so it'll result in excess capacity, you've got to love nigeria!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 4:27pm On Jan 27, 2010
netotse:

its almost over, yipeeee

i'm passing out in two weeks and now i've become hot sturvs, everybody either wants to teach me something or wants me to teach them something. . .i've decided not to join all my friends in the first-to-msc/phd race, so that means i have to get a job, not really looking forward to it. but for me its the NPS(nigerian power sector) or bust!

we're installing a new 60MVA transformer at minna TS funny thing is distribution in minna isn't ready for it, so it'll result in excess capacity, you've got to love nigeria!

JEDI cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:11pm On Jan 27, 2010
Crazy day.

A car ran into mine today on the way to work.
The cab driver knelt at the middle of the street begging for forgiveness.
I either have to use my personal funds or the company will deduct funds from the driver's pay.

It's been work, work, work.
And I'm still working, very rare for me to still be in the office this hour.
It's one of those days i don't want repeated in a very long while.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:46pm On Jan 27, 2010
A car ran into mine today on the way to work.
The cab driver knelt at the middle of the street begging for forgiveness.

to be honest, i find it hard to be sympathetic to these fellas - with all their cutting in front of you, blocking you, harassing you to move etc
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 9:32pm On Jan 27, 2010
oyb:

to be honest, i find it hard to be sympathetic to these fellas - with all their cutting in front of you, blocking you, harassing you to move etc

Terrible folks.
They have nothing and drive like maniacs.

One is forced to do the repairs, except you wanna wait till eternity.
Total estimated cost of repair? N46k.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 27, 2010
BlueDiva:

Terrible folks.
They have nothing and drive like maniacs.

One is forced to do the repairs, except you wanna wait till eternity.
Total estimated cost of repair? N46k.

bastards . angry angry angry angry

and the focker will not learn a thing

will still go out and do it again - this prostration cannot work forever
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 4:49pm On Jan 29, 2010
tkb417:

Jarus
wassup, abeg come give me update on the right issue goin on with your coy

the cowboiz are at it again cheesy
Yeah, we want to shore up our capital as we prepare to consolidate our downstream market leadership and make further foray into upstream sector with bold acquisition of upstream assets.

Given the market outlook we prefer to go by way of right issue, 1 for 3, specifically. So if you hold our share already, this is an opportunity to grab more. Vetiva is our issuing house, jointly assisted by FCMB and IBTC.

Take it or trade it. Stand up for your right!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 12:19am On Jan 30, 2010
It's been a manic week for me.

First of all, end of year emissions trading data was due, with prices being lower than they've been in a while, everyone is scrambling to buy their allowances now before the prices begin to rise again. All the dilly dallying in the US is making the carbon market weak for now.

The tarados grin working in Aberdeen tried to make my life difficult. . . I nearly sent their name to baba dibia to deal with them real good. angry How can a responsible set of people be altering gas figures and not keeping records? These folk made me spend 3 days tracing data back to Jan 09 to find out where they screwed up. My eyes started seeing double from staring at endless excel sheets.

That aside, started working on my favourite subject again - explosions. grin Before I started doing this I didn't realise there were so many types of fires. The safety report for the facility is due an update but since the company is having yet another 're-org' in the next two months, no one knows what roles will be axed and which will remain so I have to write the roles in pencil as it were.

Just finished my appraisal for 09, and didn't do too badly. . . hope I get some extra cash in the paycheck come March. grin

Now I need to start setting objectives in 2010. . . .this requires some real strategic thinking - make it challenging yet leave out some portions so you can claim to have acted 'beyond expectations'. grin

Them go know say I be true naija boy. tongue
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 12:21am On Jan 30, 2010
netotse:

its almost over, yipeeee

When other areas are crying for extra capacity? Sounds like IBB is still pulling strings.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.