Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,071 members, 7,863,783 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:14 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (28) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (148232 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by biina: 9:45am On Feb 08, 2010
I have never understood the point of having a minister and a minister of state undecided
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:21am On Feb 08, 2010
biina:

I have never understood the point of having a minister and a minister of state undecided

Man must wack, bro.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 12:16pm On Feb 08, 2010
okay, i got back from ilorin yesterday and i was welcome back with a phone call, someone wanting me to do some work. . .

one of the disadvantages of living and working in the same place, at 9pm someone called me up and gave me some civil works drawings to prepare, i regretted not taking autocad seriously, i sha jomo'ed the drawings and now i've been drafted to help them plan for the installation of the new transformer, i'm soooo over this being diligent thing, all my fellow batch A, corp members are nowhere to be found, and i'm here helping them prepare for stuff i wont be around to witness. Its not even electrical engineering per se, and they are just using me, the only reason i'm doing it is cos i like the guy in charge and i know he's going to go far, so i figure when he becomes a GM or something, we'll be in tight. . .lol

the engineer i'm working with is really good at his job, and he expects me to know so much, how do you guys cope with stuff like that?

3 more days to go and i'm outta this place. . .yippee
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:27pm On Feb 08, 2010
netotse:

the engineer i'm working with is really good at his job, and he expects me to know so much, how do you guys cope with stuff like that?

Well . . . keep quiet, keep your head down, and learn stuff from the guy. You're a corper, so it shouldn't be about competition.
You can't really do anything about not meeting his expectations, so just learn from him. The whole being-good-at-your-job thing is kind of overrated, in my view.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 4:35pm On Feb 08, 2010
@netotse
omo wa'se, o r'ise cheesy cheesy cheesy

back to my johnny walker mode. what's up peeps?
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 11:14pm On Feb 08, 2010
Howdy folks,

Past week has been hectic for urs truly as these economic saboteurs were rushing to beat the Chinese Holiday. Me as facilitator in Chief had to keep Chukwuka, Chukwudi, Okechukwu, Liu ying Po, Qiong Xiang & Jackie Chan's 6th cousin happy.

Plus Anambra election added some new kinda spice to the action.

B'ness has been good fees & commission wise.
but as for liability generation, well that aint happening cos money just no dey.

Thank God the election went well sorta & Okwute is still on still.
Me i see it as a simple case of the devil u know, plus some of my huge P.sector links have okwutes finger prints all over.

I've had an eye on Val since like December, but suddenly suddenly the thing just crept up on me & omo boy is just not liquid.
Well this honey had better buy into the 'recession val' else nothing for am (me too i guess).

I've gotta catch some Zzs cos i've got this SME credit foisted on me by our Corp banking boys from HO cos its in my locality.
I've done the initial ground work & investigation and as usual the bizness looks too good on paper.
But having spoken to the client, seen his factory site & some suckas he's working with, i dont need som'n  that'll chomp my behind in a years time when the mush hits the Fan.

so i'll go get some good sleep and craft a very good memo to the corporate boys on how i do not recommend granting credit to the mofo.

Peace out
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 8:41am On Feb 09, 2010
iceblue:

@netotse
omo wa'se, o r'ise  cheesy cheesy cheesy

back to my johnny walker mode. what's up peeps?

They don't give you guys cars? 
This is child adult abuse.  sad
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 9:04am On Feb 09, 2010
Oh there's a car cos we're doing lekki. VI we didn't get a car for cos it's dense and traffic-ridden. i didn't mind cos i hate traffic and love to walk.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 9:15am On Feb 09, 2010
Office is not bad but i am sizing up the whole action and plotting my next move, whether VT Group put up or shut up!!! grin
Looking like the time is right to launch an assault with a view to moving up the career ladder. . . . .
Still putting a 100% percent in every line i drop, every project i deliver, every service i deliver and meeting every other client's expectations. . . . cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 11:58am On Feb 09, 2010
Good for you. Everyone should have a 'go to hell' savings and plan. No telling when the opportunity might present itself.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 1:51pm On Feb 09, 2010
diggler:

Howdy folks,

Past week has been hectic for urs truly as these economic saboteurs were rushing to beat the Chinese Holiday. Me as facilitator in Chief had to keep Chukwuka, Chukwudi, Okechukwu, Liu ying Po, Qiong Xiang & Jackie Chan's 6th cousin happy.

Plus Anambra election added some new kinda spice to the action.

B'ness has been good fees & commission wise.
but as for liability generation, well that aint happening cos money just no dey.

Thank God the election went well sorta & Okwute is still on still.
Me i see it as a simple case of the devil u know, plus some of my huge P.sector links have okwutes finger prints all over.

I've had an eye on Val since like December, but suddenly suddenly the thing just crept up on me & omo boy is just not liquid.
Well this honey had better buy into the 'recession val' else nothing for am (me too i guess).

I've gotta catch some Zzs cos i've got this SME credit foisted on me by our Corp banking boys from HO cos its in my locality.
I've done the initial ground work & investigation and as usual the bizness looks too good on paper.
But having spoken to the client, seen his factory site & some suckas he's working with, i dont need som'n  that'll chomp my behind in a years time when the mush hits the Fan.

so i'll go get some good sleep and craft a very good memo to the corporate boys on how i do not recommend granting credit to the mofo.

Peace out

guy, this okwute that u hv been saying up and down the place, what is it?

@office
they've carried the plans for the new transformer to HQ for approval and oga has gone to B. Kebbi for regional heads' meeting or something of that sort, so there's no work going on. . .everybody here seems to think i'd want to stay on here if given the chance, na so e easy reach?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 2:37pm On Feb 09, 2010
Hello Peeps,

slow day here at the office, but

I just dey on my own and one indian gal (the cleaner) wan put sand inside my garri ooo
She went to report that i swore at her when i was busy trying to get something out the door albeit late in the day (8.00pm)
I was very angry becos i tried to apologize to the same gal for staying late, not knowning she went to tell tales against me

Not a very bright start to the day but hey, we thank God, it has been sorted
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 10:20pm On Feb 09, 2010
netotse:

guy, this okwute that u hv been saying up and down the place, what is it?

Peter the Rock upon which Christ built the church.

Okwute means rock in Igbo

Peter Obi the rock upon which the future of Anambra state (and some other things) will be built

@Office
Didnt bother to make the deposit mobilization rounds today cos na same ol same u go hear.
Basically let the accounts run themselves for today.

Oh! yeah, thwarted one small 300k fraud today as eagle eye Master wey i be.
Even the Internal control mofo no fit spot am, yet mofo is always looking for an opportunity to bust my nuts
Somehow he feels we in the business side of the bank get to make so much xtra cash through the deals we midwife.
When in actual fact we do make a lil depending on situations, but most times we sacrifice a lot.

Still thankful to God for his mercies

Peace out
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 11:47pm On Feb 09, 2010
Tmoni:

@MrCrackles, will you be working on the CNI Project??
Break it down further please boss. . . .I mean CNI project wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 12:51pm On Feb 10, 2010
@ Mr Crackles,

its a project with "Grid", due to blah blah blah concerns i cant state the full name of the project

but some of your guys are going to be working on it (Design phase for Murphys)

Meanwhile. i went by one of your offices at Byfleet & New Haw some weeks back, was going to drop by and ask for Mr Crackles, lol
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 12:58pm On Feb 10, 2010
Tmoni:

Hello Peeps,

slow day here at the office, but

I just dey on my own and one indian gal (the cleaner) wan put sand inside my garri ooo
She went to report that i swore at her when i was busy trying to get something out the door albeit late in the day (8.00pm)
I was very angry becos i tried to apologize to the same gal for staying late, not knowning she went to tell tales against me

Not a very bright start to the day but hey, we thank God, it has been sorted

@MrCrackles, will you be working on the CNI Project??

@tmoni
pele o, its things like this that convinced me that naija is the place for me. . .if you asked someone if 'everything was alright' the naija way, would you get into trouble?
Re: Welcome To My Office by ebariba: 4:27pm On Feb 10, 2010
@Tmoni, you happen to be on a career path I intend to pursue, I think getting guidance from someone who's successful in the field may be helpful. I have tried to IM you through your NL profile but you don't seem to have that option. Can I possibly have your email address, please? Mine is tushbj@yahoo.com. Many thanks
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 4:59pm On Feb 10, 2010
@netotse

na so ooo, if to se na naija, she for get a "totally different response",

, might even lose her job if d strings are pulled more tighter

@ebariba, i will send you an email, i still dey learning curve oooooooo (just getting to the STEEP part on the S- Curve)

@Topic, today is a slow day at the shop
meetings and more meetings (pls i never reach my oga Ajanle level ooo, someday sha)

I have been really thinking of buying a nigerian owned website (not nairaland though)

I think the guy is "under running" the site, it should able to generate more revenue and I would like to change the structure, i am generally okay with the content although it could do with a better font & more information

I know a lot of guys in the Uk who visit the site so a quick generation of revenue will be the likes of Lebara, western union, GTB but the guy only gets sparse adverts from some naija companies, well, we will see
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:29pm On Feb 10, 2010
^^
Some report I read somewhere once says this site makes around $700 ad revenue daily.
Not bad for my man Seun. I'm sure I don't make that much cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 9:48pm On Feb 10, 2010
Tmoni:

@ Mr Crackles,
its a project with "Grid", due to blah blah blah concerns i cant state the full name of the project
but some of your guys are going to be working on it (Design phase for Murphys)
Meanwhile. i went by one of your offices at Byfleet & New Haw some weeks back, was going to drop by and ask for Mr Crackles, lol
Hahahaha. . .So u know i work for Mouchel shocked
I dig you. . .You actually went to the Rail Structures,Westhall, Parvis Road, West Byfleet. .  cheesy
They wont know me in that office, Holborn, Euston and Oxford - Yes they know me. . .
I am based in the Oxford office full time though. . .
Heard about the critical national infrastructure project.  . .We have been consulted to advise on baseline cost allowance for the distribution network operators and a general review of the IT, Telecoms and property management
There is an element of it that is a joint venture with Murphy's, i am not too sure but it might be the design phase. . . .
Where do u bubble at, i mean what coy do you rep
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:21am On Feb 11, 2010
700*365= 255,500  shocked shocked shocked
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 11:40am On Feb 11, 2010
tkb417:

700*365= 255,500 shocked shocked shocked

Seun don hammer. grin

As a mod I am going to ask for my own cut ASAP. grin

Work has been hectic so far, managed to submit a significant cost saving for the operation last week and even had to work on my day off to close the deal with the external verifier. Thank God for answering prayers – anything I say or write the man just dey accept am without questioning these days. grin

Now that is done, the heat is coming down. . . .after discovering that we’ve overrun the budget by 10 times my salary I managed to claw some of that back. Let that be a lesson – give the big bad news first and bring the small good news later – it makes the bad news look less bad. wink

I’m now prepping for a big meeting next week with some higher ups in the company. Will have to brush up on my technical lingo to make sure I can sound ‘informed’ and intelligent.

The company structure is being shaken up again – they never tire of these ‘strategic direction’ moves every couple of years. A lot of people are feeling uneasy and even the boss woman is feeling the heat. Thank goodness I’m ring fenced from the changes, but I’m still taking no chances – keep on delivering so that even if the fence line moves, it won’t touch me.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 6:51pm On Feb 12, 2010
All Protocols duly observed. It's time I joined this thread. I was in a predicament for the last 5 years on which career path to tread between Marketing Communications or Lecturing. I have passion and connection at both. Was at Insight Communications, Lagos ( biggest west african ad agency) last year to test my ability and I got to the top out of 6000+ interviewees. I could not just go in because my Nysc discharge cert was not ready. Presently, I'm a corper lecturer in one of the northern colleges of education. Last week was stressful as i had to present a 15 page journal paper for publication. Had only 3 days to research and come up with a standard thingy and also worked on the cgpa of final year students. Imagine a citadel being on strike for 7 months ? Thank God lecturing starts on monday. As at now, i'm still developing myself in both fields.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:40pm On Feb 12, 2010
Jcob:

All Protocols duly observed. It's time I joined this thread. I was in a predicament for the last 5 years on which career path to tread between Marketing Communications or Lecturing. I have passion and connection at both. Was at Insight Communications, Lagos ( biggest west african ad agency) last year to test my ability and I got to the top out of 6000+ interviewees. I could not just go in because my Nysc discharge cert was not ready. Presently, I'm a corper lecturer in one of the northern colleges of education. Last week was stressful as i had to present a 15 page journal paper for publication. Had only 3 days to research and come up with a standard thingy and also worked on the cgpa of final year students. Imagine a citadel being on strike for 7 months ? Thank God lecturing starts on monday. As at now, i'm still developing myself in both fields.
nice one bro
wlcome to our world
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 7:17am On Feb 13, 2010
debosky:

I’m now prepping for a big meeting next week with some higher ups in the company. Will have to brush up on my technical lingo to make sure I can sound ‘informed’ and intelligent.

Word! cos sometimes, it's all about how one sounds man. One doesn't necessarily have to be.

Jcob:

All Protocols duly observed. It's time I joined this thread.

All protocols observed? What protocols are there?

Jcob:

Imagine a citadel being on strike for 7 months ?

Honestly, this isn't an odd scenario in Nigeria.

Welcome on board man
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 3:41pm On Feb 13, 2010
All protocols observed? What protocols are there?

Paying obeisance to the founding fathers and others. . . wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 9:20pm On Feb 13, 2010
Lol@ founding fathers
Na Cristalz be dt
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 5:31pm On Feb 14, 2010
Lol@ founding fathers
Na Cristalz be dt

Yes o, Criz baby.

Valentine party for staff at Southern Sun tonight.
Come with your spouse / lover.

This company enjoys spending money sha.
Some of the perks we enjoy. wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 5:33pm On Feb 14, 2010
BlueDiva:

Valentine party for staff at Southern Sun tonight.
Come with your spouse / lover.

This company enjoys spending money sha.
Some of the perks we enjoy. wink

@BlueDiva,
E ja wa si!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 9:11pm On Feb 14, 2010
@AJ
lipsrsealed. . .lol
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 10:45am On Feb 15, 2010
i'm browsing at work for the last time, i'm officially leaving this dam today, so that means bye-bye to 24/7 electricity, soldiers guarding you, and peace and quiet, people liking you just because you're a corper . . .the downs: having goats shit on your front porch, seeing more animals than people, hearing people speak in hausa(even when we're in the switchyard), having to wait for shift bus or 'abeg-sir', being around the many incompetent people that make up a large percentage of the nigerian power sector and a host of other things.

it also means hello to decent looking buildings, girls i can actually have decent conversations with, a proper internet connection among others.

dont worry, i'm not abandoning this thread. . .i'm temporarily resuming [i]work [/i]with mumsie asap, she's a M&E(monitoring and evaluation) consultant and she works from home(was a civil servant for donkey years though), at least i will have funding for my womanisingphilanthropic activities. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 10:58am On Feb 15, 2010
netotse:

i'm browsing at work for the last time, i'm officially leaving this dam today, so that means bye-bye to 24/7 electricity, soldiers guarding you, and peace and quiet, people liking you just because you're a corper . . .the downs: having goats poo on your front porch, seeing more animals than people, hearing people speak in hausa(even when we're in the switchyard), having to wait for shift bus or 'abeg-sir', being around the many incompetent people that make up a large percentage of the nigerian power sector and a host of other things.

it also means hello to decent looking buildings, girls i can actually have decent conversations with, a proper internet connection among others.

dont worry, i'm not abandoning this thread. . .i'm temporarily resuming [i]work [/i]with mumsie asap, she's a M&E(monitoring and evaluation) consultant and she works from home(was a civil servant for donkey years though), at least i will have funding for my womanisingphilanthropic activities. grin

good to have you back. however, i suspect u enjoyed the place, even if a little, and u'll miss it wink

dendenden!! i will tell mummy for you! grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.