Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,037 members, 7,866,929 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 08:23 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (33) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (148276 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 4:36pm On Mar 15, 2010
beneli:

@BlueDiva
I no understand dis ya laughter LOL. Make you explain am small to me! 

@Ajanlekoko, thanks. But honestly, these things have a way of always looking (or sounding) better on paper!

But to be honest, I am increasingly excited about the prospects of the PALS and some of the other products we'll be introducing into the Nigerian system. Of course, I know that reality doesn't always turn out quite as smooth as the vision that births it, but I expect it's still going to be a very interesting journey. We have identified an office in a very strategic (i.e. accessible, not too posh but certainly not derelict) place on the Island (TBS), which comes with a lot of other functioning services (the use of a secretary, the mandatory generator etc) and we'll soon be piloting the service to test run how we'll manage the deluge of service-users (turned clients) that will most certainly come.  Once I have met with the team in the next few weeks, I'll give a link to our online presence. Did I say that i am excited? I certainly am!

So make people begin to dey prepare warn their doctors to treat them kindly. Or else alarm go blow!
i'm also waiting for y'all to start up o. . .there wont be a shortage of clients true, but you know the legal system in nigeria isn't anything to write homw about, although lagos is a bit better, heck they even make use of ADR sef. . .wishing u the best!
Re: Welcome To My Office by beneli(m): 5:03pm On Mar 15, 2010
^^^

We reckon a lot of the health providers will want to settle out of court! But even if they don't and want to go the whole way, then our legal team will be up to the task. We are in it for the long haul and plan to bring about change in our own little way. That's the passion. The idea is that If change won't come from top-to-bottom, then we will effect it from bottom-to-top. It's a win-win situtaion in the long run. Though we acknowledge that there will be initial hiccoughs, the service-providers will gradually learn to offer the patients the evidence-based treatments that they are in a contractual agreement to offer. There is no excuse. If it's not evidence-based, we will sniff them out! We will also sniff out all the quacks. That's the vision.

What is ADR?
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 5:14pm On Mar 15, 2010
ADR is [b]a[/b]lternative [b]d[/b]ispute [b]r[/b]esolution, there have been talks of mandating parties involved in litigation to try ADR before the case goes before a judge, i think lagos even built what they call a multi-door courthouse for ADR courhouse, i woulda pasted a link to their website here but google has identified it as a harmful site. . .this is a news article about them though http://allafrica.com/stories/200903190148.html
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 15, 2010
@Beneli,

I like the idea.
Kind of like "ambulance chasing". . . ( apologies to John Grisham).
With our useless legal system, corrupt law officers, henchmen that are sent after "honourable men", brace yourself.

Hey, don't mind me.
Wishing you all the best man!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:21pm On Mar 16, 2010
^^
I actually think beneli's idea will find some good ground. It's something that's long overdue.
Though, expect the usual Nigerian resistance to fairness and equity. It won't be an easy ride.

@Topic,
Bit of a frenzy this week, my first week back at work. The chaos we can start, Nigerians!

Good thing is, I have just about a week and a half, before I depart on exam/Easter vacation. All in, I have spent just about 40% of this year at work. Been either travelling, or attending conferences, seminars and workshops. Na 4-Hour week system I dey follow now!

For some weird reason, I think my oga is avoiding me. I wonder what he's up to now . . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 16, 2010
Easy day as usual.

Today is my immediate boss' birthday(HHR).
Lots of cakes and drinks. . .lovely.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 7:07pm On Mar 16, 2010
BlueDiva:

Easy day as usual.

[b]Today is my immediate boss' birthday(HHR).[/b]Lots of cakes and drinks. . .lovely.
lolol
e be like say i don sabi where u dey work

u sabi Aka? grin grin

this is tkb o

@Beneli
Nice one; wish you all the best
keep us posted as youre progressing
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 16, 2010
sleek417:

lolol

u sabi Aka? grin grin

this is tkb o

@Beneli

shocked shocked

I nor sabi AKA cheesy
Maybe na coincidence. cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 7:36am On Mar 17, 2010
Goodluck Bro Beneli. At least some of us go fit enjoy wetin the privileged ones dey enjoy for yonder.

sleek417:

lolol

u sabi Aka? grin grin

this is tkb o

@Beneli

bro, y d nu numeclature ?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 8:51am On Mar 17, 2010
BlueDiva:

shocked shocked

I nor sabi AKA cheesy
Maybe na coincidence. cheesy
HRH u said?
nyways, ill soon decode cheesy

Jcob:

Goodluck Bro Beneli. At least some of us go fit enjoy wetin the privileged ones dey enjoy for yonder.

bro, y d nu numeclature ?

The MODs will not let me rest na
lol. how u dey bros?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 12:32pm On Mar 17, 2010
^, bro i dey,
I'm presently working on this : www.tregeocreatives.com
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 17, 2010
HRH u said?
nyways, ill soon decode

HHR
Head, Human Resources
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 7:11pm On Mar 17, 2010
went back to the station where i did my IT today, it's prolly the station with the biggest boys(ok, maybe i'm exaggerating small grin) in PHCN, it was like a homecoming for me sha. . .i swear if i could speak hausa my future in PHCN'd be sure. . .lol. kai see official cars o. . .from defender, to corolla to prado all in PHCN o, no wonder they call NIPP 'car show', the light situation in abj isn't going to get better anytime soon sha. . .too many square pegs at zambezi.

for a bit of gossip, i hear the director of maintenance at the villa(aso rock) got sacked cos their light used to go off every evening and he was accused of covering for PHCN. . .lol, man i miss them days o, i've received calls from hajia that works with yar'adua(thats who she said she was), some commander at war college and of course the senators all asking you to give them electricity. . .but kai we made those senators suffer o!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 7:20pm On Mar 17, 2010
^^^
Why weren't you retained?
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 8:36pm On Mar 17, 2010
i'm still thinking about it, but if i go back, it'll be for a year before an Msc sha. . .plus i'm soooooo done with bolts and nuts. if they have anything good to offer me at HQ i'll go back!. . .

although officially, there's an embargo on employment in PHCN
(who wants to work there sef?). . .but as with most things in naija, it's only a problem if you let it be grin. . .plus the pay is shitty, but seeing as i'm still at that stage where i dont have much to worry about that isn't my main consideration
Re: Welcome To My Office by jcob1: 7:29am On Mar 19, 2010
mod sos, this spambot is over doing its job. I can't reply nor start new topic with my id, I checked my previous posts but could not fathom the reason for disabling me.

@ Ajanlekoko,
Oga will need to talk o, have been waiting for ages.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 8:18am On Mar 19, 2010
i
'm still thinking about it, but if i go back, it'll be for a year before an Msc sha. . .plus i'm soooooo done with bolts and nuts. if they have anything good to offer me at HQ i'll go back!. . .

although officially, there's an embargo on employment in PHCN(who wants to work there sef?). . .but as with most things in naija, it's only a problem if you let it be Grin. . .plus the pay is shitty, but seeing as i'm still at that stage where i dont have much to worry about that isn't my main consideration

Working with the FG is cool.
You may not enjoy it at first, as you get to the top, you'll become a "big boy".
Lots of perks, estacode, kickbacks cheesy. . .etc
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 2:57pm On Mar 19, 2010
BlueDiva:

i
Working with the FG is cool.
You may not enjoy it at first, as you get to the top, you'll become a "big boy".
Lots of perks, estacode, kickbacks cheesy. . .etc
kinda. . .trust me i know, combined my parents have around 60+years in the public sector, and they did good, but momsie made me promise her i wont spend more than 2yrs(at most) in PHCN if i get in now. . .lol.

truth is PHCN(and the civil service in general) is a hostile environment for young ppl,(in shiroro there were ppl that didn't like me simply cos i was young and had a university degree), if you enter the civil service young (and stay), chances are you'll become

a.corrupt
b.frustrated
c.corrupt and frustrated

govt work no longer attracts the best in naija, the only reason i hang around PHCN so much is cos it's the [b]only [/b]place in naija where i can learn what i need to learn now. . .plus the whole joining and rising through the ranks is becoming a farce, the current MD of PHCN joined PHCN as an AGM in 1991, i know competent university graduates that have been in PHCN for more than 25years and are not and prolly will never be AGMs.

i can go on and on on this issue(i've given it a lot of thought), i'll prolly enter govt work at some point, but i have no intention of getting in now and stagnating. . . cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 2:58pm On Mar 19, 2010
@jcob
which post did u get banned because of? paste a link and i'll make some noise grin, lets see if we can get them mods to unban you and untag the post!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 4:05pm On Mar 19, 2010
netotse:

@jcob
which post did u get banned because of? paste a link and i'll make some noise grin, lets see if we can get them mods to unban you and untag the post!

i don't even know, i just discovered my privilege has been restored.

what's good bro ?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 4:40pm On Mar 19, 2010
jcob.:

mod sos, this spambot is over doing its job. I can't reply nor start new topic with my id, I checked my previous posts but could not fathom the reason for disabling me.

@ Ajanlekoko,
Oga will need to talk o, have been waiting for ages.
No vex, Son (well, that's what you get for calling me Oga grin), I have just been rather busy.
Can you get one of these mods to send your email addy to me, so I can email you?

netotse:

kinda. . .trust me i know, combined my parents have around 60+years in the public sector, and they did good, but momsie made me promise her i wont spend more than 2yrs(at most) in PHCN if i get in now. . .lol.

truth is PHCN(and the civil service in general) is a hostile environment for young ppl,(in shiroro there were ppl that didn't like me simply cos i was young and had a university degree), if you enter the civil service young (and stay), chances are you'll become

a.corrupt
b.frustrated
c.corrupt and frustrated

i can go on and on on this issue(i've given it a lot of thought), i'll prolly enter govt work at some point, but i have no intention of getting in now and stagnating. . . cheesy

Thought you were chasing up GE or ABB ot something.
Rather than wasting your time in PHCN, get into one of those coys, and be involved in projects in other parts of Africa and the world. Anytime govt sobers up, you can show up and earn what's rightfully yours. That was what a lot of guys did in telecom. The Ericsson/Siemens guys were the greatest beneficiaries when the GSM licenses were sold in 2001.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 4:46pm On Mar 19, 2010
AjanleKoko:

No vex, Son (well, that's what you get for calling me Oga grin), I have just been rather busy.
Can you get one of these mods to send your email addy to me, so I can email you?

Thought you were chasing up GE or ABB ot something.
Rather than wasting your time in PHCN, get into one of those coys, and be involved in projects in other parts of Africa and the world. Anytime govt sobers up, you can show up and earn what's rightfully yours. That was what a lot of guys did in telecom. The Ericsson/Siemens guys were the greatest beneficiaries when the GSM licenses were sold in 2001.
yep. . .but rather than lay about at home i'm considering going to system planning in HQ, if any better thing in the power sector comes along i'm out of there like yesterday.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 4:49pm On Mar 19, 2010
^^ fair enuf?
Need any help with GE? They are right in my building. I'm sure if I nose around, I go sabi somebody there.
U on Skype?
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 5:00pm On Mar 19, 2010
i'd appreciate that, thanks. . .yep i am. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 7:32pm On Mar 19, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^ fair enuf?
Need any help with GE? They are right in my building. I'm sure if I nose around, I go sabi somebody there.
U on Skype?
Hmmm I am eyeing GE too and would not mind talking to you about it too, if you are ok with it?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 7:42pm On Mar 19, 2010
Aw, look how vibrant our thread is. grin

@Jcob
Dearie, whenever you've got an NL problem feel free to send me an email. Itz on my profile.
Will get you sorted out ASAP. wink

Same goes for everyone.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 7:45pm On Mar 19, 2010
AjanleKoko:

ok, Sir.
Cristalz:

Aw, look how vibrant our thread is. grin

@Jcob
Dearie, whenever you've got an NL problem feel free to send me an email. Itz on my profile.
Will get you sorted out ASAP. wink

Same goes for everyone.

ok, Ma,
I'm shooting a mail at you right away.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:02am On Mar 20, 2010
tubabie:

Hmmm I am eyeing GE too and would not mind talking to you about it too, if you are ok with it?

LOL. I no dey work for GE o. They just happen to be in my building. I am so busted now, as per where I work embarassed

But no wahala. Glad to help anyway I can.

Oh, Crizzle. I responded to mukina. It's okay.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 12:23am On Mar 20, 2010
^^^ Thanks.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 11:09am On Mar 20, 2010
AjanleKoko:

LOL. I no dey work for GE o. They just happen to be in my building. I am so busted now, as per where I work embarassed

But no wahala. Glad to help anyway I can.

Oh, Crizzle. I responded to mukina. It's okay.
there's more than one GE office in lagos o. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:49am On Mar 21, 2010
netotse:

there's more than one GE office in lagos o. . .

There probably is.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 7:00pm On Mar 21, 2010
Hello to all welcomers,
I've not been on this thread for some days, no thanks to my immersion into political debates and that my self-given project on '50 Nairalanders of all time' which have kept me in Politics and Nairaland sections respectively.

Anyway, signing in from office on a Sunday evening. Gotta wrap up somethings so as to lessen my work in the week. . .
I don't know why I like weekend work, maybe I was influenced by my direct boss since 2008 who also likes weekend work so much so that there is hardly any weekend he wont come to office. And I hardly claim extra-duty allowance.
Personally, I have observed that what I can do in two hours on a weekend, I can't do it in a whole day on weekday. This, I think, arises from the fact that during weekdays, I get a lot of disturbance from people making one or more requests, affecting my concentration.
Maybe when I marry, I'll learn to use my weekend on private things.

(1) (2) (3) ... (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.