Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,445 members, 7,861,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 08:47 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (148122 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 8:42pm On Feb 24, 2010
^^^,
How would i restore the post ?

Netotse leave ma profile pix o. . . .it's just a sign of . . . .?
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 9:24pm On Feb 24, 2010
@jcob
you'd need to reformat the post. . .use synonyms and stuff, its like a buzz-word heaven for a spam bot. . .u used a lot of phrases spammers are likely to use. . .or you could contact the moderators and have them untag it(dunno if thats the right word. . .)

better still, u can check for it in your posts and paste a link to it here so that Tmoni can have access to it.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 11:16pm On Feb 24, 2010
-> tmoni,
Jcob:

@ Tmoni,

BASED ON MY RESEARCH !

To make the best use of digi-ads in the country for now, it is better to integrate digital signage with online ads. it gives room for better coverage. it's appalling how some literates in the 50 years bracket avoid Info Tech like plaque, no matter how much you orientate them, they'll prefer to send someone online to doing it themselves. The female folks is another barrier, most of them are not heavy surfers. They only go online if need be. . . . . . . . and their major sites are Facebook, Google, Yahoomail.

The best way to reach Nigerians within the age range of 17 - 55 is through these populars sites above. They live and sleep on them, but there is still this problem of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) versions that limit the surfers from viewing the ads. Most Google Adsense are not visible to phone surfers, and same with Yahoomail Macromedia ads. 6 out of 10 Nigerians access the web via phone and another problems is foreign ips.

Presently, I have the price lists of flying ads on YahooMail and Google Adwords through a 3rd party coy.
Whatever methods to be used as regards new ad, we should concentrate on promotions, online based promotions that would be linked to the Ad.

And the KISS principle  should be embraced with high level of creativity. " All I need from you is 3 seconds concentration, and my message is passed".

I'm still researching on the online thingy, at least to come up with something not as usual, even if it involves contacting the sites with huge database of nigerians to atleast tweak the way our ads would appear on all platforms.

Back to Digital Signage,

Aside from the road side digi boards, other good options are:
Traffic Jam points (Plenty 4 Naija)
Stadia
Fastfood joints
Tertiary Institutions etc

Though it could be expensive, it is surely effective ! As far as the cash register keeps counting, the client has no reason not to pay.

Finally, it's all about creativity that sells. We should avoid doing adverts that only entertain. . . . . . . but one that creates a lasting impression on the mind of the viewer, and pushes him to make an impulse buying.

Let's see how it goes Bro !
Thanks netoste.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 11:22pm On Feb 24, 2010
Thanks netotse, still same problem. Anyways, tmoni can check my latest posts via my profile to view it.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:21am On Feb 25, 2010
@Jcob,
Interesting. I am sorta into digital marketing, actually have a few projects going.
We should talk sometime.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 11:33am On Feb 25, 2010
@Jcob,

Interesting, especially the "give me 3 seconds part"
We should have a discussion soon, we might have similar ideas although i am more interested in online ads,
in 2 ways

1) developing & creating the content for the online ads (not the usual dead body ads, nigerian firms are associated with online)
2) placing this ads on websites visited by nigerians and soon africans in general

any way to contact you outside here??
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 2:23pm On Feb 25, 2010
@Topic

Did I say slow day at the firm, I take it back, lots of things have suddenly crept into my plate

I doubt which time person go reach house today!!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 3:37pm On Feb 25, 2010
@ Tmoni and Ajanlekoko,
I can be reached on jackobzn[at]yahoo.com
Shoot me a mail and i will send you a link to CNET 2005 Digital Ad research in America and responses of over 28 Ad gurus. We could learn 1 or 2 things from it.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 10:13pm On Feb 27, 2010
AjanleKoko:

@Jcob,
Interesting. I am sorta into digital marketing, actually have a few projects going.
We should talk sometime.
Sir, can i contact you by whatever means preferred by you ? my email is jackobzn[at]yahoo.com
Thanks.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 1:30pm On Feb 28, 2010
Jcob:

Sir, can i contact you by whatever means preferred by you ? my email is jackobzn_at_yahoo.com
Thanks.

@jcob
u should expect a lot of mails from turai(and even miriam babangidas children sef) telling you to come and share the money she has stashed away. . .i think it has been mentioned a lot of times on NL that we shouldnt paste our email addresses like that cos of awon people, putting jackobzn [at] yahoo or even preferrably jackobzn(yahoo) is morelikely to throw the email extractors off balance. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 1:55pm On Feb 28, 2010
Bro Netotse, howdy ?
Thanks for the email thingy. Edited !
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 2:28pm On Feb 28, 2010
@jcob
ok. . .i edited mine too so they dont get your email from there, there's even one dude on NL adewuni adebolatan or something of that sort that keeps sending me junk mails so i get a lil touchy. . .

i dey o, still resting/lounging/womanzing to make up for all what i missed during NYSC, i'll prolly head to PHCN HQ this week to see that they have for the boys, but chill sef, wetin you dey use browse for that village where you dey? cos this one wey you dey browse on sunday, e be like say your village better pass the one wey them bin post me go grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 3:26pm On Feb 28, 2010
Na inside bush i dey o. I go to Niger republic like going to the lavatory. I am on Zain monthly package. At least the Edge network makes browsing on my lappy smooth.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:27am On Mar 01, 2010
Jcob:

Sir, can i contact you by whatever means preferred by you ? my email is jackobzn[at]yahoo.com
Thanks.

Sir loun loun tongue

I'll email you in the course of the day, anyways.

@Topic,
Back at the office, after a long, restful and pleasant weekend, in which I tried to max out the enjoyment. Played both tennis and soccer, swam, even got a massage.

This week'll be a bit sober for me. Imagine you meeting with someone in the AM, and to be told 4 hours later that the person has been canned! That was how I ended the previous week. It seems indiscriminate firing has come to stay in Nigeria. Well, just like death, we should just be ready, shikena.
I am oout again over the weekend, to attend a Group conference. Change from the Naija furnace would be nice sha. It has been rather hot of late.
Re: Welcome To My Office by suxes2005(m): 1:50pm On Mar 01, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Sir loun loun tongue

I'll email you in the course of the day, anyways.

@Topic,
Back at the office, after a long, restful and pleasant weekend, in which I tried to max out the enjoyment. Played both tennis and soccer, swam, even got a massage.

This week'll be a bit sober for me. Imagine you meeting with someone in the AM, and to be told 4 hours later that the person has been canned! That was how I ended the previous week. It seems indiscriminate firing has come to stay in Nigeria. Well, just like death, we should just be ready, shikena.
I am oout again over the weekend, to attend a Group conference. Change from the Naija furnace would be nice sha. It has been rather hot of late.

Bros, i've been watching ur posts on Nl.

Anyways, i'm in dere need of a gud job now.
I'm in my early 20s and gud on Computer.

I dnt mind just a gud job dat wont take all
of my life, Abi u go take me as ur P.A? LOL

SHALOM
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:53pm On Mar 01, 2010
suxes2005:

Bros, i've been watching your posts on Nl.

Anyways, i'm in dere need of a gud job now.
I'm in my early 20s and gud on Computer.

I dnt mind just a gud job dat wont take all
of my life, Abi u go take me as your P.A? LOL

SHALOM

So what other skills do you have? undecided
Re: Welcome To My Office by suxes2005(m): 11:09am On Mar 02, 2010
AjanleKoko:

So what other skills do you have? undecided

I'm a fast typist. I know how to produce
any thing print. I am a fast thinker.

I am very conversant with the internet and
I can use most of the MS office packages.

Let me know what other things you think
you might need SIR.

Anyways, thanks for the reply.

SHALOM
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:55pm On Mar 02, 2010
^^
what qualification do you have? school cert, diploma or degree?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 2:02pm On Mar 02, 2010
My school started 2nd semester exams yesterday and my name was omitted from the invigilator's list just cos they want me to focus on my CLO obligations. I now have enough time to eat, chyke, sleep and browse.
A fellow gentle corps member wants to win a national award, but could not really do the proper biz plan for his personal cds, and he besought me to do the necessary planning and proposal writing for a plate of rice anytime i work on his project. E no easy for corpers o.
@ Ajanlekoko,
Oga am still waiting o.
Re: Welcome To My Office by suxes2005(m): 3:11pm On Mar 02, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^
what qualification do you have? school cert, diploma or degree?

Aight sir.

School Cert.
Dip in DP

SHALOM
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 7:37am On Mar 03, 2010
^^
Okay.
Will keep an eye out for you.
Re: Welcome To My Office by suxes2005(m): 7:48am On Mar 03, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^
Okay.
Will keep an eye out for you.

Aight sir. Will be leaving ma present work
come end of dis month.

My mail pear_prince at yahoo.com
080 2656 9391

Thanks

SHALOM
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 10:36am On Mar 03, 2010
Busy day and it's just 10.30.

About going for a meeting where it will be announced who's being redeployed and who isn't?
Everybody is tense right now.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tubabie(f): 10:50am On Mar 03, 2010
BlueDiva:

Busy day and it's just 10.30.

About going for a meeting where it will be announced who's being redeployed and who isn't?
Everybody is tense right now.

Wish you goodluck, but I guess married peeps like you should get consentions and not be redeployed.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 1:41pm On Mar 03, 2010
tubabie:

Wish you goodluck, but I guess married peeps like you should get consentions and not be redeployed.

Tubabie thanks.

Re-deployment is within depts.

Good enough for me i remain in HR (where i can lazy about) cheesy
HR people rarely get redeployed though.

Those transferred to production, R&grin and operations are all complaining.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 4:17pm On Mar 03, 2010
BlueDiva:

Tubabie thanks.

Re-deployment is within depts.

Good enough for me i remain in HR (where i can lazy about) cheesy
HR people rarely get redeployed though.

Those transferred to production, R&grin and operations are all complaining.

Congrats!

Abeg help us find work for the young man posting above cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:40pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^^^
A thousand thanks sir.

I read the young man's post, unfortunately we're not recruiting now.
If i somehow get to hear about people needing his qualification and skill, I'll put in a word.
Re: Welcome To My Office by suxes2005(m): 6:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
BlueDiva:

^^^^
A thousand thanks sir.

I read the young man's post, unfortunately we're not recruiting now.
If i somehow get to hear about people needing his qualification and skill, I'll put in a word.

Thanks alot sir

I'm gr8ful for ur concern

SHALOM
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:58pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^^^^
I love guys who are willing to work.
Don' worry, it shall be well my dear.

By the way I'm a woman, not a man. Cheers.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 8:19am On Mar 04, 2010
BlueDiva:

^^^^^

i am willing to work ma

can i also be considered for a position in ur org

thanks cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:09am On Mar 04, 2010
i am willing to work ma

can i also be considered for a position in your org

thanks cheesy

funny
Re: Welcome To My Office by suxes2005(m): 11:16am On Mar 04, 2010
BlueDiva:

^^^^^

Yeah tnx man.

How do i survive if i dont work?

Anyways, i dnt mind pusshing ur bentley
with you, LOL

SHALOM

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.