Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,068 members, 7,849,330 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 06:40 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (30) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147824 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 8:39am On Feb 18, 2010
AjanleKoko:

I need to do the Igbo thing here grin

Nne, you get the book, but I don meet the author cheesy

Actually met W. Chan Kim at a company commercial forum in Egypt; he was there to deliver some nice marketing spiel.

show-off! tongue tongue the book don dey tire me sef embarassed embarassed
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 10:22am On Feb 18, 2010
tkb417:

Tollu
Bluediva is married with kids

MY bad!
BlueDiva:

Relaxed atmosphere at the office today.
People are still recovering from the party, tomorrow will surely be business as usual.

@Tollu,

Party was groovy.
Lot's of food and drinks, enough to feed a town.
It was a great opportunity to interact with all cadre of workers.

As for the fine young men, lots of them 'cos we employ only the finest. wink
Like Tkb said, I'm happily married with even a 12 year old kid.

If you'd like to meet any of the fine young men, just holla at your girl. wink cheesy

Hmmmm Yummy @ food AND the men, will hola at you IF the need arises wink

My bad as per the married part. 12 year old kid You are a madam ooo

iceblue:

Don't mind Ajanlekoko, he has killed me with envy sef. tongue angry
Enjoy ur book smiley

@ Topic
It appears this board has millions of engineers and math geeks. Abegi o, nobody should come and buga me here.

Work has been same ol same ol. I need a change jare, this routine is killing me AND dampening my morale!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:44am On Feb 18, 2010
iceblue:

grin grin grin grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2010
Looks like people on the network formerly known as Econet, Vodacom, Vmobile, Celtel and now called Zain may be getting a new network name, and its from our friends in Bombay, That particular license has been cursed!!!

@Jaybee,

decent covering letter

@netotse,

i hope u get to intervew stage and get the job
in some years time, people like you will be running the power sector

@Topic

Easy days at the office
Next week might have more work involved
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 8:19pm On Feb 18, 2010
Glad to see the house is fuller these days

It was a manic day as usual - had to reschedule an approval meeting three times because data wasn't ready. Sometimes technology can be a pain in the backside - who asked these oversabi people to change the submission mode from emailing a spreadsheet to using their SAP netweaver nonsense?  angry

Bloody thing nearly screwed me up today - Spent over 3 days gathering the info, sense checking and making comments and due to 'upload error' I lost nearly all the data. Thank goodness for back ups.  grin

Anyways, finished the reporting and made sure to send a note to all the team members (including oga of course  grin) emphasising that I got it done before the deadline, not a week after like last year that had the HQ guys breathing down our necks. Like they say, if you don't blow your trumpet, no one will

Trying to finish up a massive report for the regulators involving some contractors. For such a big company they sure can be sloppy - I keep needing to check that they've made changes as promised and redoing a lot of the work. They should've given me the contract sef - I'm virtually doing their work for them.

Books? Haven't had much time to be honest, been trying to read one about making a difference using your personality traits in the workplace. It involves doing some M-Briggs type analysis and looking at ways to use your 'natural self' to make a difference.
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 10:47pm On Feb 18, 2010
Sup peeps

No time to say no time

Though i've personally vowed to stay off anything to do with Risk Assets, they keep pulling me back in.

My BM & Head of C&M both got promoted all of a sudden, part of a whirlwind going on in my Organization.
Suddenly urs truly is the only & most experienced Credit/commercial banking dude in d Branch.
somehow the fate of the new BM rests on my palms.

To make matters worse, we were in the middle of restructuring one of the biggest/most profitable SME loans in my region
So i guess the heat on my behind has been turned up some notches

I'm gonna have to increase my fone call budget like 5 times cos i know i'm gonna be calling my ex- supervisors every other second over the next two weeks.

Thank God for Chinese Hols, certain aspects of my biz have cooled, God willing if i can prove my worth i could yet squeeze out a promotion/pay hike from these blood suckers.(cost cutting or not!)

Peace out.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 11:01pm On Feb 18, 2010
@tmoni
thanks

@jaybee
thanks, as per say there was no copyright i made judicious us of copy and paste grin

@bluediva and just about anyone interested in critiquing
i attached a mockup of what i sent, the personal info's been edited out though.

@thread
i saw this somewhere, now i usu dont like ppl taccing PHCN around me but i just had to. . .lol

Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 19, 2010
@netotse

Nice one.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 9:09am On Feb 19, 2010
@ Netotse

Not bad at all. Good success to you man.

The jumping rope power towers are he he he he - funny.

@ Tcann
How's the hustle? Did those nonsense FBN ppl finally call you?

Tmoni:

Looks like people on the network formerly known as Econet, Vodacom, Vmobile, Celtel and now called Zain may be getting a new network name, and its from our friends in Bombay, That particular license has been cursed!!!

Been making Jokes that one day the network formerly known as Econet, Vodacom, Vmobile, Celtel and Zain would be known as TOLLU or just a symbol. Even Prince sef go dey envious. Suggestions for colour please.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 9:23am On Feb 19, 2010
Topic. . .
On the quiet front this week at the office but i expect things to pick up immensely next week. . .Spent a big chunk trying to resolve projects in impasse. . .Exciting as i am having to work closely with the mechanical engineering folks in the office. . . .
I have been tasked with tying up the loose end and re-delivering the energy related project. . .
So this is one hell of a challenge, but i am up to the task. . . .
Havnt wasted the rest of the time away though, spent a part of it developing my own "brainchild". . . .Young ones with spanking new breathe are breathing - stale breathes better run!!! cool
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:47am On Feb 19, 2010
Tmoni:

Bharti na global top ten operator. But na still Indians.

The guys at Zain should brace up for the following:
[list]
[li]garlic-smelling toilets[/li]
[li]night bus to Abuja[/li]
[li]Keke MArwa as pool cars[/li]
[li]. . . and 1 man doing the work of 10 people![/li]

All the Glo greasers that 'pensed' out of the country to the Middle East go soon 'pense' back. angry
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 11:15am On Feb 19, 2010
@netotse
decent letter, i am awaiting my drink when you get the job
theres also AMEC, although i am not sure if they deal in the Power sector in Naija sha, u can check them out

@debosky
its called the Myer-Briggs personality index, it tells which kind of person you are, i.e Sensing, Facilitation, Thinking, Introvert, Extrovert etc

We did it when i was in Uni and trust Naija boys, we came out strong in all traits and the lecturer (oyinbo) was like "Its a bit odd for people to have all the traits together strongly", wetin concern boys, we just wanted to go home!!!!

Nice one on getting ur stuff done "in time" when you have to collate info from other departments, its always a pain in the ass especially in my area where i have to send the info to the client for approval before commercial guys can send an invoice,

@General
I saw Andy Cole on NTA (AM Express) today with some Glo guy, some promo for the sponsorship deal between Man Utd and Glo
I would have though Funmi Iyanda would have done that interview, is she no more the main Presenter on that programme?
The lady who did the interview is a "VERY BIG ERRRMMMER"
She errrmms every 2 words!!!, I wonder what poor Andy was thinking about
Re: Welcome To My Office by deor03(m): 11:18am On Feb 19, 2010
Tmoni:

@debosky
its called the Myer-Briggs personality index, it tells which kind of person you are, i.e Sensing, Facilitation, Thinking, Introvert, Extrovert etc

We did it when i was in Uni and trust Naija boys, we came out strong in all traits and the lecturer (oyinbo) was like "Its a bit odd for people to have all the traits together strongly", wetin concern boys, we just wanted to go home!!!!

Nice one on getting your stuff done "in time" when you have to collate info from other departments, its always a pain in the backside especially in my area where i have to send the info to the client for approval before commercial guys can send an invoice,

Too much Senga
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 1:13pm On Feb 19, 2010
Tmoni:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

i wish them all the best - with the experiences i have had with those people - i can only say the nigerians there are in for a rough time - and as for the chicks there - get ready for some major league sexual harassment

fekng koras
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 2:38pm On Feb 19, 2010
oyb:

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry

i wish them all the best - with the experiences i have had with those people - i can only say the nigerians there are in for a rough time - and as for the chicks there - get ready for some major league sexual harassment

fekng koras

Get ready for:
1. night bus to abuja

2. garlic-smelling toilets

3. stripping of all the perks.

4. Keke Marwa as pool car

grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 7:37pm On Feb 19, 2010
^^^^
grin grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:17am On Feb 22, 2010
@Topic,
Monday is here again. Looks like GlobeTrotting may be on again soon! But make I hush. The bad bellicks is growing fast! wink

That's part of the thing with working in Nigeria. Travelling is so much of a big deal, I just tire. Na to lie low from now on.
My office is in a bit of a tense situation, as per YTD targets. But at least thank heavens I'm not with the garlic crew grin. It could be worse.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 9:06am On Feb 22, 2010
I live a double life. One as an Intergrated Marketing Communicator and the other as an Academician.
2 of the clients i did press ads for last 2 weeks called this morning to ask for my bank account. One of them sold 8 pieces of Dell xps in 3 days of flying the ad while the other got a Photography gig worth N400k. Presently, I'm working on a fashion outfit project to be launched by my cousin before June. Still in the R&D stage and working on a blue ocean panacea to hit the industry. It's good to be a trailblazer.
Back to Academics, students are back on campus and everything still seems bored . Body flaunting by female learners infront of instructors now the order of the day. God, help overcome these temptations.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 9:28am On Feb 22, 2010
Starting another week with the auditors. They are pulling out this week, so there is no excuse again, no posting again. Just got to attend to them fully. Month-end is also around the corner, with all the reports and tax processing and remittances.

A hectic week ahead, no doubt.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:38am On Feb 22, 2010
Jcob:

2 of the clients i did press ads for last 2 weeks called this morning to ask for my bank account. One of them sold 8 pieces of Dell xps in 3 days of flying the ad while the other got a Photography gig worth N400k.

Now that's the kind of news I like to hear! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:58am On Feb 22, 2010
Jcob:

I live a double life. One as an Intergrated Marketing Communicator and the other as an Academician.
2 of the clients i did press ads for last 2 weeks called this morning to ask for my bank account. One of them sold 8 pieces of Dell xps in 3 days of flying the ad while the other got a Photography gig worth N400k. Presently, I'm working on a fashion outfit project to be launched by my cousin before June. Still in the R&grin stage and working on a blue ocean panacea to hit the industry. It's good to be a trailblazer.
Back to Academics, students are back on campus and everything still seems bored . Body flaunting by female learners infront of instructors now the order of the day. God, help overcome these temptations.
hahaha, make i take ur place for just a week cheesy

something big is about to happen; my dream may come thru as early as this month
my body wants to continue as a IB, my head wants to continue but ma destiny is saying something else grin
i'll fill u in as soon as i hatch ma plan. nyways , biz has been good. Gotten a term sheet for a Quasi JV i hatched between some DS players in d O&G space and im glad the up and down seems to be nearing an end. hope to tie some loose ends in the fund raising palaver with another DS player with SEC. Anythn to avoid SEC this week will be a blessing to me abeg. Annoying peeps. Meetings for today, and hopefully, i can close early and meetup with someone at the cinema. later people
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 11:51am On Feb 23, 2010
my typical day since last week:

get to the office
check my mail
play cradle of rome/persia
watch a movie or two: time it well so that i'm rounding up by 5-ish.
leave at 5. cheesy cheesy

i'd rather be busy, but hey, i aint complaining either tongue tongue

@ bluediva: i think i'm all grown up now; look, i got to be like you! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 11:55am On Feb 23, 2010
Dear cristalz n fellow nairalanders,  Are there no job openings 4 SSCE holders wit Bsc in view? All over d job section all i can see is Ond/ graduate jobs. Wat do u suggest: do i keep searching, get a quick diploma(where), or what, ? I really, badly need a job. Tks
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:53pm On Feb 23, 2010
iceblue:

@ bluediva: i think i'm all grown up now; look, i got to be like you!  grin cheesy cheesy

Hmm. . .
You're getting there. . .  grin grin

zoelife:

Dear cristalz n fellow nairalanders,  Are there no job openings 4 SSCE holders wit Bsc in view? All over d job section all i can see is Ond/ graduate jobs. Wat do u suggest: do i keep searching, get a quick diploma(where), or what, ? I really, badly need a job. Tks

I feel your pain.

The only job you'll get now will come with meager pay.
Put ego aside and do any job you get as long as it will help you continue your education.
If you can, get some form of Diploma in computer.

Focus on your B.sc and try to get a good grade.
That will increase your chances of getting a good job in future.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2010
@ zoelife, you can try manufacturing/construction coys, you can get contract factory jobs that pay around N500 - N1000 daily.
@ topic,
The weather was hot and thinking level was low. Took around 15 bottles of water. Researching on direct marketing cum digital ad in Nigeria for a future project. Research continues tomorrow.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 10:38pm On Feb 23, 2010
Jcob:

@ zoelife, you can try manufacturing/construction coys, you can get contract factory jobs that pay around N500 - N1000 daily.
@ topic,
The weather was hot and thinking level was low. Took around 15 bottles of water. Researching on direct marketing come digital ad in Nigeria for a future project. Research continues tomorrow.
is it really worth it? the work/returns ratio wont be anything to write home about not too mention the fact that too many ppl vie for such jobs sef. . .teaching lesson might just be better depending on where the zoelife is.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:10am On Feb 24, 2010
zoelife:

Dear cristalz n fellow nairalanders, Are there no job openings 4 SSCE holders wit Bsc in view? All over d job section all i can see is Ond/ graduate jobs. Wat do u suggest: do i keep searching, get a quick diploma(where), or what, ? I really, badly need a job. Tks

There are lots of jobs for you. Sales boy/girl jobs, attendant jobs in petrol stations, counter person in fast food joints, waiters/waitresses in restaurants, etc, etc. Get out there and find them.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 2:50pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jcob:

@ topic,
The weather was hot and thinking level was low. Took around 15 bottles of water. Researching on direct marketing come digital ad in Nigeria for a future project. Research continues tomorrow.

@Jcob,
any pointers on which medium the digital ads will get to the public?, becos, i am interested in creating online ads for companies in the nearest future, any intergration with you?

@Topic,
When you get a project planner to a very technical meeting, he gets very bored and starts wishing, he actually stayed at home today to watch HITV, lol
Still a bit slow at the firm but i expect it to enter overdrive from next month

Meanwhile, the indian cleaner who wanted to tarnish me name has been given the sack, i felt bad for her but she obviously had step on too many toes
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 24, 2010
Hectic day.
Preparing for my teams upcoming seminar.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 6:27pm On Feb 24, 2010
@ Tmoni,

BASED ON MY RESEARCH !

To make the best use of digi-ads in the country for now, it is better to integrate digital signage with online ads. it gives room for better coverage. it's appalling how some literates in the 50 years bracket avoid Info Tech like plaque, no matter how much you orientate them, they'll prefer to send someone online to doing it themselves. The female folks is another barrier, most of them are not heavy surfers. They only go online if need be. . . . . . . . and their major sites are Facebook, Google, Yahoomail.

The best way to reach Nigerians within the age range of 17 - 55 is through these populars sites above. They live and sleep on them, but there is still this problem of Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) versions that limit the surfers from viewing the ads. Most Google Adsense are not visible to phone surfers, and same with Yahoomail Macromedia ads. 6 out of 10 Nigerians access the web via phone and another problems is foreign ips.

Presently, I have the price lists of flying ads on YahooMail and Google Adwords through a 3rd party coy.
Whatever methods to be used as regards new ad, we should concentrate on promotions, online based promotions that would be linked to the Ad.

And the KISS principle should be embraced with high level of creativity. " All I need from you is 3 seconds concentration, and my message is passed".

I'm still researching on the online thingy, at least to come up with something not as usual, even if it involves contacting the sites with huge database of nigerians to atleast tweak the way our ads would appear on all platforms.

Back to Digital Signage,

Aside from the road side digi boards, other good options are:
Traffic Jam points (Plenty 4 Naija)
Stadia
Fastfood joints
Tertiary Institutions etc

Though it could be expensive, it is surely effective ! As far as the cash register keeps counting, the client has no reason not to pay.

Finally, it's all about creativity that sells. We should avoid doing adverts that only entertain. . . . . . . but one that creates a lasting impression on the mind of the viewer, and pushes him to make an impulse buying.

Let's see how it goes Bro !
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 6:40pm On Feb 24, 2010
Moderators y naw ? Where is my last post ? Abeg o
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 7:13pm On Feb 24, 2010
Jcob:

Moderators y naw ? Where is my last post ? Abeg o
it was too much like spam so the spambot killed it. . .lol. o' boy that your profile picture get as e be!

AjanleKoko:

There are lots of jobs for you. Sales boy/girl jobs, attendant jobs in petrol stations, counter person in fast food joints, waiters/waitresses in restaurants, etc, etc. Get out there and find them.
he added 'B.sc in view', finding one of those jobs that he can combine with getting an education'll be like finding a needle in a haystack.

(1) (2) (3) ... (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.