Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:24 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147009 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by Tgirl4real(f): 5:39pm On Jan 30, 2009
Meen . . . I don miss o.

Was up Debo na, u are welcome anytime wink

Peeps, Brash will def play footy no matter how tired.

On ma way home already. Just said I should check on you guys before checking outta here.

I will fill you in later. wink

Thank god it's friday folks. cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by damiso(f): 5:57pm On Jan 30, 2009
Tgirl4real:

Meen . . . I don miss o.

Was up Debo na, u are welcome anytime wink

Peeps, Brash will def play footy no matter how tired.

On ma way home already. Just said I should check on you guys before checking outta here.

I will fill you in later. wink

Thank god it's friday folks. cheesy

Yeah you can say that again.Just that the weekend just always seems to fly.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 5:58pm On Jan 30, 2009
The weekend dont start for me until after 5PM tmor!!! embarassed
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 6:55pm On Jan 30, 2009
Bechex
good to see my kind of person on board. U have ur CFA level 1. Good one
when are u writing level 2? June 09?
Ghana, Dubai or UK? maybe we can do some collabo reading
nice to have you on board.

So why is evrybody running to Telcos? im not ready to leave the financial markets yet o, maybe you need to come back after ur level 2

People
had a meeting with a client today. they were supposed to have a meeting with a foremost rating coy in Nigeria and they needed all the briefs from the advisers in order not to fumble. took them tru the whole models and assumptions and left them to face the music.
nyways, they did ok and i guess the equity rating is on the cards already.
my normal routines followed, now im gonna have another conference call in 5 mins
i dey run ttygl
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tgirl4real(f): 11:07pm On Jan 30, 2009
Back to drop a lil line . . .

@ Debo, let me know what stuff u need and I will let you know how I fit in. Basically, I can plan the entire event, but my main areas are ushering, souvenirs, photography, printing and branding . . . we will talk more wink abi na your wedding you wan plan lol

@ Muki, i ma copy tkb o. Planning my leave soon and I don't mind coming down to your area o. Gist me abeg . . . any fun place to visit.

@post,

Well . . . today was kinda ok. Started well . . . but I was personally not in ma best mood. I guess i need some weeks break. Well . . . attended to mails, had problems with ISP's. Imagine your own site not loading on your system. undecided
Dealt with some clueless clients too. Asking for info they should know already . . . ahhgh. Peple are so lazy. I dunno why we have the internet when they can't readily find information (may be I wasn't just in the mood to tolerate their rants today. lol) Day ended well. I snapped out of my mood and enjoyed the rest of the day. It will be a wonderful weekend, i will make sure of that. lol

Later guys. wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by KarmaMod(f): 11:09pm On Jan 30, 2009
what do you do TGirl?

Good news i have not had to do the[b]coffee/tea rounds[/b], i guess i am getting the welcome back from holiday treatment

This must be a British thing
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 9:43am On Jan 31, 2009
Ahn Ahn, I left this place for just how many days and KABOOM!!! That sure is good to see.
@ all our new entrants ( ur jobs sound good too)  smiley , Guys welcome on board!

@ All my peeps, what's good?

Mukina & Tkb
Tollu kuku dey around o, just took like two days leave from work to attend to some pressing matters and it's really like I took time off life itself. Been sleeping and 'lounging'. No internet and very minimal TV sef

Mukina, Good to see that you got some extra time to do the project all over, all the very best with that and don't catch a cold o.

Tkb
Hope the cold is all gone now? If no, how far withe the Okada girl's number?

Damiso
Good to see u r feelin better, Hope that lasts.

Debosky[/b]2 week beards could be sexy  wink
And lay off the sexy mamas, we preach 'sex starvation' on here  tongue
Hope the assignment's going good though?

[b]Laywer

E be like say we get small yawa with some omoniles around Makogi, are u familiar with that area?

@Topic
Like I said earlier, been out off the office for some time now. Took a sneak peek at my email and closed the page one time, without signing out sef  shocked

Will be back later in the day.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 9:53am On Jan 31, 2009
KarmaMod:

This must be a British thing

Yeah, especially if you work in a large teams, it is customary to ask if anyone wants a drink!

We even have trays with list of everyone's preference on it

In large offices, every team do thier own thing, in my team we are around 10, so not bad

But the whole of the office is around 250 peeps on three floors, so it is virtually impossible going round the office to ask everyone if they want a drink!! shocked

In case you wanna make me a drink, it is coffee/one sugar/milk!!
grin grin tongue
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 11:26am On Jan 31, 2009
@MrCrackles,

In my office, we play a game to see who makes the tea/coffee. Dnt wanna go into details of the game. First person out puts boils the water and the last person makes the tea/coffee.

Many a times where the game goes on and on and the tea boy (official name) has to start the process again.
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 12:17pm On Jan 31, 2009
Tmoni:

@MrCrackles,

In my office, we play a game to see who makes the tea/coffee. Dnt wanna go into details of the game. First person out puts boils the water and the last person makes the tea/coffee.

Many a times where the game goes on and on and the tea boy (official name) has to start the process again.

Awesome cheesy

I may have to get more details and introduce that game into my office
! tongue
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2009
lol, Mr Crackles, going to thru ur posts again, does d name of your company start wiv A and ends with P, ??
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 10:48pm On Jan 31, 2009
Hi guys,

Thanks for the love shown. feel overwhelmingly welcomed.

This week was sure really crazy.

Met with an expatriate client of mine who insisted that i tag along with him to search for an apartment in ikoyi. This guy is something else. We inspected virtually all the service apartments in ikoyi and he had one thing or the other uncomplimentary remarks to say about each flat. Either flat A made him claustrophobic or flat B's swimmong pool was too small or the tennis court in flat c wasnt made of clay. I just tire for the guy. Finally found a flat that he liked but was taken while we were on inspection.

Met with another client an 80+ year old baba that owns half of lagos. This man's business sense is second to none. He has a property in ilupeju that he intends to dispose for 5 billion naira and he requested that i negotiate with the potntial buyer. Buyer is proposing 3.5 billion. Believe me once i close this deal and get my cut, i am on holiday till next year. Well i guess the economic doom hasnt reached some people's side in this naija sha.

On friday met with a potential client that insisted that we talk business over a chinese meal at marco polo. Thought it was kinda funny but paid off. Got the brief after the meal. But if every client makes that kind of request i may soon be out of business o.

Today, just retuned from a business meeting with the vice chairman of a conglomerate on the guy's yatch in the middle of no where in lagos. Yet they say there is no money. I must confess i was really oppressed.

I never knew that moving houses was stressful. Though employed the services of relocators but came back home to find out that the house is upside down. Sleeping on the couch for tonite sha and not wanting to think about how stressful tomorrow is gonna be.

Good nite guys
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 11:44pm On Jan 31, 2009
Tmoni:

lol, Mr Crackles, going to thru ur posts again, does d name of your company start wiv A and ends with P, ??

Nah, far from it!

It is called Mouchel
!!! smiley
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 9:38am On Feb 01, 2009
Battling Fama french and CAPM .
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 8:06pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ Jericho
One only needs to get out there to see the kind of immense wealth people handle. Don't be oppressed pal, we SHALL get there.

You recently moved, awww, that's a whole lot of work. Hope you've made some way through all the clearing and all.

Hello Tmoni, Crackles and Dayokanu.
Re: Welcome To My Office by jericho: 11:06am On Feb 02, 2009
@Tolu,

I feel you and say amen to that. You know it is funny they say economic depression bla bla blah and yet people have mad tons of cash to play with. Never knew moving houses is such a big deal. I am so scattererd right now. The hosue is a mess, luggage is strewn everywhere. Havent even started to unpack yet. I am really dreading doing that.

Well lets see how work today goes.

@Everybody
Happy new month and have a wonderful day.

Cheers.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 11:52am On Feb 02, 2009
Hello everybody

how are u guys doing?
wish u guys a smashing February.
kai, Valentine is coming grin grin grin

Tollu
i called like a day or 2 after but ive not after then. I dont need any woman palaver abeg

Brash
You know anyone in David Langdon?
Re: Welcome To My Office by Cristalz(f): 1:11pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Jericho

Wow,seems your solo practice is totally thriving. You went on a yacht in the middle of nowhere?Lol grin
So you like,handle the legalities involved in your clients' businesses right?
I know when we buy properties for customers most of them usually want their lawyers present to witness the signings and such.
Moving house ain't easy o.I understand. . .I've moved house a few times in my short stay on earth,lol. Pele. But how come you didn't use the weekend to tackle unpacking, arranging and everything?

@tollu

Welcome back from your 'vacation' grin

@DK
What's CAPM?

@Topic
First agenda this morning was to go inspect a warehouse that a customer wants us to help him buy, or rather, contribute in buying. We pay the larger part of it while he pays the rest, and we co-own the property till he finishes paying back.
Here's the gist. . .when we were almost at the place we realized we forgot to take our digicam along! Can you imagine? LOL grin Twaz funny but not funny 'cos my manager specifically told us to come back with pictures.
Anywayz,thank the Lord for good Nokia phones with amazing megapixels. Used mine to take the pictures. . .now we're back at the office and I'm transferring via bluetooth to my lappie, then will send to the mail boxes of all concerned. These people go pay me for services rendered sha grin

Hope the rest of the day goes okay. . .remember to eat lunch,people.
Re: Welcome To My Office by bechex(m): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2009
Hi everyone,

Sure we are all rested from the weekend. I wish us all a lovely February.

@tkb417,
I just registered this morning on the CFA website i will be writting in Ghana. Which level are u writting, maybe we should hook up if we r writting the same level, i know a couple of guys writting level two.

sure i have stated my reasons for leaving Banking, however i may still come back after level 2 or 3, but that will depend on a lot of other factors.

R u sure u dont need woman palava, i believe we all need it sometimes wink U know what i mean.

@ Topic

Work today resumed at a slow pace, a colleague i am understudying is due to go on leave soon, so I have to up my game in learning more about the account reconciliation process and distributor incentive computation process. Well i have no choice but to learn it fast.

The new guys at the canteen seem to be better than the guys who came last week ( We are actually having a rotational process and we are to vote for the best two caterers at the end of the proces). I took my time with the lunch, went to the Orange Bank to deposit some cash, and went over to a friend's office to download some software ( Stalla Level 2 Passmaster)

Got back to the office and there were a lot of Credit orders waiting for my analysis and release, Trade partners calling to know why their orders were not yet released, finally authorised the release of their orders, i need to relax and well here i am doing that.

hope the rest of the day goes on well with no stress.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 2:35pm On Feb 02, 2009
Jericho
My person, no be small matter o. Get to it soon though, it never gets easier

TKB
Woman palaver is good for the soul and yes, Valentine is here  embarassed
Heard some gist about your side. We'll YIM on that one of these days

Cristalz
Thanks dear, I did enjoy the not so deserved 'vacation'  grin

Hey Bechcex, Howdy?

@Topic
These people want to kill me, I haven't even had breakfast  embarassed
Off to lunch now  angry
Re: Welcome To My Office by lawyer(m): 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2009
Just came back from the corporate affairs commission to register some companies.

Damn that place is full of bureaucratic animals and the chicks working there should be shot! They take pleasure wasting your time and demanding for all sorts of nonsense things.

One even accused me of forging the signature of a prospective director so that she could verify it quickly. The tantrum i threw there should last them a week for such bloviates.

Its getting more stressful and streneous to do these things and i am seriously considering fashing the business. The money cannot be equated with the pressures and problems you get from these twits! undecided
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 4:40pm On Feb 02, 2009
Beechex
good to know uve registered. Im on Level 2 also but will not be doing this June cos of my schedule

next year is it man!!
ure downloading Passmaster from someone? i tot u could only download that software twice. what if the original owner loses his lappy or sumfn?
did u use stalla comprehensive package for ur level1?
if u did,u can negotiate a discount with the marketing gurls. If i was writing level 2 this June, i would have gotten like 25% discount or more.
nyways, we'll talk laterz

Tollu
are u just hearing? everybody in that line of biz is singing hosannah presently. na God go save us from this self induced global meltdown.
as for me and my house, i refuse to melt with them.
Instead, i go waka go play ludo for yankee grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 4:41pm On Feb 02, 2009
tkb417:

Brash
You know anyone in David Langdon?

Nope but i was going to apply to them when i was abt to finish Uni a while back, instead i went with Atkins, Fauber Mansell, Ove Arup and Mouchel

We do some work with David Langdon though!!

Do you know anyone there?
cheesy

Tollu
How is it going?
Take it easy and dont allow those peeps to kill you oo! tongue cheesy

Criz
Looks like your busy Miss cheesy
Keep working hard!

Tmoni
Hi hi!!

Debosky
Did you make it to work today?

Mukii
I know u been busy, dont forget to relax! tongue

Jericho
Welcome cheesy

Dayokanu
What are you talking about?

Topic
Working from home today, and to be honest i havnt been doing DIY or glued to the TV, did some proper work
The snow is heavy around here, so pretty much has grinded to a halt, treacherous conditions i swear! grin
I should get my arse down to the office tomorrow regardless of the situation grin

To everyone else
Keep doing your thing
cheesy tongue
Re: Welcome To My Office by mukina2: 5:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
Hello everyone

hope you are all having a good day at work wink

@ topic
i didnt do nothing today o, am busying refreshing and watching angry this team nor go kill me sad
i'll start interviews again tommorow, i didnt want to start asking folks questions and then i keep thinking who did he sign? embarassed tongue
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 5:25pm On Feb 02, 2009
Muki
i think Asharvin will be in eventually

Brash
yeah, i have 2 friends working in David Langdon
Re: Welcome To My Office by bechex(m): 5:40pm On Feb 02, 2009
@tkb417
I actually paid some dough to get the stalla download, I realy dont know how the guys decoded the stalla encription but i am the 4th person downloading the same disk.

I actually used a combination of stalla pass master download and schweser photocopies for levlel 1  and I intend to use same this time around. U know Naija now we will always find a way around issues.

Its good to know urself and i believe u have a long time to prepare if u are writting next year however I believe i have the time to cover the syllabus extensively before june.

@tollu
I de oh, how was work today, hope u enjoyed ur lunch no allow work kill you oh make sure u chop well well, and take ur time while u are at it. Life no get duplicate oh.

@T-moni

How u de, u know my friends call me T-moni also, u go pay me for using my name oh lol wink

@ Topic

The work we start slow for morning just rush come for evening as if say e don de wait all weekend.
Its the begining of the month and i Guess the rade partners and distributors want to start big.

I am capable sha nottin do me. I am leaving for home in 5 mins se y'all tomorrow
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 6:03pm On Feb 02, 2009
@bechex, bros, pls let me loan a name, lol
hope work was good

@MrCrackles, theres a company missing in that list of yours, thats Halcrow, decent bunch, are u guys going for crossrail

davis langdon was a clients representative on a job i was once involved in Scotland although
decent people, my company did not always look forward to the meetings, lol

@tollu, muki
hope u ladies are doing ok and had a nice wkend

@cristalz, i ve got to confess, muchios respect & admiration, 4 dis thread, being a true red and putting "some lass" in her place

@tkb, lawyer, debosky, jericho
i say hello guys

@topic, no work today cos no transport, just at home watching premier league transfers
robbie keane back to spurs, speculation, david villa to liverpool, am scared
am not strecthing it but i would not mind staying at home tommorow too
pls let it snow more
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 10:49pm On Feb 02, 2009
Tmoni:

@MrCrackles, theres a company missing in that list of yours, thats Halcrow, decent bunch, are u guys going for crossrail
davis langdon was a clients representative on a job i was once involved in Scotland although
decent people, my company did not always look forward to the meetings, lol

You are right, Halcrow is an heavyweight in the industry too

I applied to them in my second year in Uni for my industrial placement, but i didnt even get a reply, idiots

My friend works there though, in thier Swindon office!

Tidy company
cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 11:18pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ Brash

I made it to work, barely. . . left early before it got worse making me spend the night 17 miles away from home. tongue

@ Tgirl
No worry, I go give you low down when we get closer wink

@ Jericho
Ol boy take am easy oh, na so clients dey do. With any luck, you'll soon get junior lawyers to take most of the heat. grin

@ Lawyer
Give those bloody civil servants hell! grin They think they can intimidate everyone?

@ TK
focus on exams and fogerrabout vals! cheesy

@ DK
hope CAPM doesn't mean - 'Cleaning and polishing methods'. Joking man grin grin grin

@ all my other peeps, hope y'all had a good day.

Got to work late-ish today, all this snow and ish. . . crazy drivers who don't have a clue what to do in the snow. Couldn't afford to get smashed by some loon. Did only 5 hours today. . . spent an hour+ on a boring telecon. People LOVE talking about themselves!! Did some data checks and started bugging our external verifiers. . . I just gave away 150k in carbon credits, so I must ensure he doesn't slack and end me in a pile of kaka.

Was supposed to inspect some chemical storage later this week, dunno if this snow will allow. . . .my cushy training might be threatened too. angry This snow better end TOMORROW.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 11:29pm On Feb 02, 2009
@Mr crackles, nice, i'm wiv dem in the capital
swindon is the global HQ

i would check the intranet for mrcrackles frnd & holla, lol

good to see sumone in the same industry
Re: Welcome To My Office by MrCrackles(m): 11:34pm On Feb 02, 2009
Tmoni:

@Mr crackles, nice, i'm wiv dem in the capital
swindon is the global HQ

i would check the intranet for mrcrackles frnd & holla, lol

good to see sumone in the same industry

Dan Barnett is his name!

I havnt spoken to him in months but i am sure he his still there

Bruv itz good right here man, nice to hear ur doing ur thing too
! wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 2:47am On Feb 03, 2009
CAPM Capital Asset pricing Model

A model that describes the relationship between risk and expected return and that is used in the pricing of risky securities

Pricing Model

E(Ri) = Rf+ Bi(ERm) - Rf

Where:

E(Ri) is the expected return on the capital asset

Rf is the risk-free rate of interest such as interest arising from government bonds

Bi (the beta coefficient) is the sensitivity of the asset returns to market returns, or also ,

ERm is the expected return of the market usually measured by looking at the arithmetic average of the historical returns on a market portfolio (i.e. S&P 500).

E(Rm) - Rf is sometimes known as the market premium or risk premium (the difference between the expected market rate of return and the risk-free rate of return).

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.