Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,312 members, 7,836,353 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147649 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 7:55am On Sep 11, 2010
Halo People, just checking on U all. Holiday is another working day when you have to meet a project deadline. I ended up spending my holiday in the office and it was real fun.
Re: Welcome To My Office by FunmyKemmy(f): 10:00am On Sep 13, 2010
Happy new week to you all.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 7:04pm On Sep 14, 2010
Hope y'all are having a good week. . . .mine has been a bit overwhelming.

I'm in the process of moving jobs and trying to handover my previous responsibilities. One yeye girl I've been working with was supposed to start taking over the tasks since June and complete the transfer by September but she refused to listen when I was advising her to start early. Now I'm almost gone she's running helter skelter trying to tie me down for handover. What nonsense. My other replacement is on a junket to Paris and Rome instead of being around to do handover fully. Since oga approved the trip, that's not my problem - all I know is that I am gone this week.

Let them keep enjoying themselves, any phone calls to deal with issues after I leave will be charged at £100 per hour (Cash only) grin

I can't wait to move on - the people here have been nothing short of great, but to progress one has to take up new challenges.

As if all of that wasn't enough, I have a training course booked this week so that's more hardwork ahead. . . .I wish it was Friday already.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 1:34pm On Sep 16, 2010
hey pple,

ok i'm feeling daft right now, we were in the running for a project(some really big sturvs) we had scaled through the technical evaluation and the financial evaluation is ongoing, that's where the K-leg sets in, we (me and the fellow engineers that prepared the bid documents) messed up the bid security, apparently it's meant to be valid for 28 days after the end of the validity of the bid itself(which is valid for 180days) we messed up and put 180 days alone(minus the 28days), apparently that is being used as a reason to disqualify us(the 180 days haven't ended yet o) i'm suspecting it's a witch-hunt of some sorts(we're actually spear-heading a witch-hunt of our own against some ppl sef. . . grin). My boss is blaming one of the engineers(he called them into his office, i wasn't invited grin)even though he himself should have read the bid documents. This place don dey tire me,

there's too much wahala going on in the office. . .almost er'one is in trouble(mostly over petty stuff), i've managed to avoid it so far, i'm suspecting
it's cos of one project i'm working on which everyone somehow resulting in me being the only person that understands it. . .either way i'm tired of
all this crap. There's a field project supposed to start sometime in december and january, i really dont want to be here after i'm done with that project, i'm far too young to be playing court politics.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:31pm On Sep 16, 2010
i've managed to avoid it so far, i'm suspecting
it's cos of one project i'm working on which everyone somehow resulting in me being the only person that understands it.

you are learning the secrets of survival cheesy cheesy

but you need political skills to advance

ogas refusing to take the blame for fkups is a naija thing , esp when the ogas arent competent enough to understand whats goig down in the first place sad
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 6:34pm On Sep 16, 2010
oyb:

you are learning the secrets of survival cheesy cheesy

but you need political skills to advance

ogas refusing to take the blame for fkups is a naija thing , esp when the ogas arent competent enough to understand whats goig down in the first place sad

It's not only a naija thing bro. . . .even if the ogas take the heat, they'll make sure they make the individual pay in the end.

Sometimes it's not even a matter of competence. . . .they might simply have bigger fish to fry elsewhere so they don't pay sufficient attention.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 6:40pm On Sep 16, 2010
@Topic,

Been hectic since I got back from the Incredible nation. Work has been a bit testy, as all the operators are gearing up with their various end of year promos. We're also ramping up as well.

Nothing really fancy to post about. Same old stuff.

netotse:

hey pple,

ok i'm feeling daft right now, we were in the running for a project(some really big sturvs) we had scaled through the technical evaluation and the financial evaluation is ongoing, that's where the K-leg sets in, we (me and the fellow engineers that prepared the bid documents) messed up the bid security, apparently it's meant to be valid for 28 days after the end of the validity of the bid itself(which is valid for 180days) we messed up and put 180 days alone(minus the 28days), apparently that is being used as a reason to disqualify us(the 180 days haven't ended yet o) i'm suspecting it's a witch-hunt of some sorts(we're actually spear-heading a witch-hunt of our own against some ppl sef. . . grin). My boss is blaming one of the engineers(he called them into his office, i wasn't invited grin)even though he himself should have read the bid documents. This place don dey tire me,

Seems like your oga is a typical Naija contractor. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 11:21am On Sep 17, 2010
@debosky
ure leaving this week? are u still gonna be in the industry?

my own clock is ticking and i know b4 the end of the year, ill be dropping the Investment banker toga and will probably be having the luxury of waking of 7am and closing 5pm grin grin. I wanna be like Ajanlekoko and ill really wanna globetrot next year.

Nothn biggie on my end, some of ma deals are at credit committe level so most of dem should be disbursing/signing off end of the year; that shd spell some good tidings for my eventual exit. as it is, work continues. . . . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2010
tkb417:

@debosky

my own clock is ticking and i know b4 the end of the year, ill be dropping the Investment banker toga and will probably be having the luxury of waking of 7am and closing 5pm grin grin. I wanna be like Ajanlekoko and ill really wanna globetrot next year.
Nothn biggie on my end, some of ma deals are at credit committe level so most of dem should be disbursing/signing off end of the year; that shd spell some good tidings for my eventual exit. as it is, work continues. . . . .

MNC O&G here TKB comes smiley
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 10:40pm On Sep 17, 2010
tkb417:

@debosky

my own clock is ticking and i know b4 the end of the year, ill be dropping the [b]Investment banker [/b]toga and will probably be having the luxury of waking of 7am and closing 5pm grin grin. I wanna be like Ajanlekoko and ill really wanna globetrot next year.

dude why u dey leave IB. abi money no dey dere for that side??
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 12:20pm On Sep 19, 2010
Hello people,

Project is moving into Procurement and Construction phase, and with all the wahala we had in Design, I am not really looking forward to this phase because this is when the site boys and buyers come together on our head and more than often rip out a lot of "fancy" design elements for cost purposes or value engineering,

We have been working 7 days shift for the past 2 weeks, even into the night, Boss just sent email, one of our subbies has gone on hols without informing me (am their first line of contact), someone's head will be my breakfast tommorow morning

We get to agree construction schedules & cost this week with client and partner companies, some "raised eyebrows" and intense negotiations involved. Will be living from suitcse this week, I supose find Okpeke to accompany me grin

I am thinking of doing a course in Cost Engineering in order to progress as a Project Controls or Project Services

@tkb417, City boys dey only go slow after hitting a certain target, come share small with us here, meanwhile, we suppose all go OT together someday, me, you, chamotex,

@debosky, since you moving into my zones now, lets organise a meet and drink,,,,,did not get to exchange contact details @ the do

Wish you all a nice week!!!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 12:58pm On Sep 19, 2010
Tmoni:

Hello people,

Project is moving into Procurement and Construction phase, and with all the wahala we had in Design, I am not really looking forward to this phase because this is when the site boys and buyers come together on our head and more than often rip out a lot of "fancy" design elements for cost purposes or value engineering,

i know that feeling - and the same peeps that veto the design as being too expensive can come back 2 years later bellowing how could you eejits have designed without including this ? (mail trail to the rescue)

there's also that other feeling during construction o God please let the lenght of that n25,000 /metre cable i calculated be long enough
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 10:29pm On Sep 19, 2010
Tmoni:

Hello people,

We have been working 7 days shift for the past 2 weeks, even into the night, Boss just sent email, one of our subbies has gone on hols without informing me (am their first line of contact), someone's head will be my breakfast tommorow morning

We get to agree construction schedules & cost this week with client and partner companies, some "raised eyebrows" and intense negotiations involved. Will be living from suitcse this week, I supose find Okpeke to accompany me grin

I am thinking of doing a course in Cost Engineering in order to progress as a Project Controls or Project Services

@tkb417, City boys dey only go slow after hitting a certain target, come share small with us here, meanwhile, we suppose all go OT together someday, me, you, chamotex,

@debosky, since you moving into my zones now, lets organise a meet and drink,,,,,did not get to exchange contact details @ the do

congrats man, ummm quick question, how diff is the design you do before bidding different from the one's after you've been awarded the contract? cos i remember you usually submit designs with your bids and all right?

oyb:

i know that feeling - and the same peeps that veto the design as being too expensive can come back 2 years later bellowing how could you eejits have designed without including this ? (mail trail to the rescue)

there's also that other feeling during construction o God please let the lenght of that n25,000 /metre cable i calculated be long enough
i'm just starting to experience this feeling o. . .thank goodness for 25% markup(even though i know i'm going to answer for that when i get to heaven. . . grin)
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:28am On Sep 20, 2010
Jarus
my mouth is sealed for now lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

@Tmoni
nice one bruv

yeah, i think you and i, chamotex and Jaybee should see a game at OT together

did you attend the recent BBQ in London?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:49am On Sep 20, 2010
Tmoni:

Try Iowa State, or Cranfield, although I think the one at Cranfield is a full-fledged masters. Iowa State offers a certificate in cost engineering via distance learning.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Try Iowa State, or Cranfield, although I think the one at Cranfield is a full-fledged masters. Iowa State offers a certificate in cost engineering via distance learning.
9ja and Cranfield cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 11:29am On Sep 20, 2010
^^
I no hear from you again. Too many people don dey approach me on that your runs. How far?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 11:56am On Sep 20, 2010
AjanleKoko:

^^
I no hear from you again. Too many people don dey approach me on that your runs. How far?
na my Dakar/Accra waka baba

i dey lagos now, make we chat on your Gtalk abeg

I get right of first refusal abeg, No leave me for people oh cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 10:36pm On Sep 20, 2010
tkb417:

@debosky

I still dey industry jare - just moving to a new locale. . . .with this one I might get a few trips out to the desert to ride some camels. grin

tkb417:

@Tmoni
nice one bruv

yeah, i think you and i, chamotex and Jaybee should see a game at OT together

did you attend the recent BBQ in London?

Tmoni was winding waist like Terry G all night long. grin grin grin

Tmoni:

No probs man - just take my YIM from my profile and add .yahoo.co.uk. cool

First day in the new surroundings. . . .see women everywhere. grin

I have truly spent too long at that Farm that I've forgotten what women in skirts and black stockings look like on a Monday morning. grin grin grin grin

Anyways, by next week I hope my system would've adjusted before i twist off my neck looking at chicks. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by jaybee3(m): 1:33pm On Sep 21, 2010
^^^^
hahahahhaahh debosky okunrin meta
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 9:11am On Sep 22, 2010
Debosky

Do you know Great Britain are pulling out of the Commonwealth games?

India is shytty abeg
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:17am On Sep 22, 2010
tkb417:

Debosky

India is shytty abeg

Make e no be like say I just dey fall their hand.
They were still building stadia when I was there. Workmen just dey carry poun poun about, while cows dey stroll around dey shyte everywhere grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 9:24am On Sep 22, 2010
AjanleKoko:

Make e no be like say I just dey fall their hand.
They were still building stadia when I was there. Workmen just dey carry poun poun about, while cows dey stroll around dey shyte everywhere grin
lmao grin grin grin grin

ill call u as soon as my itinerary is clear
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 10:12am On Sep 22, 2010
tkb417:

Debosky

India is shytty abeg
if GB no dey go commonwealth games, what's the point in having the darn games then?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:26am On Sep 22, 2010
netotse:

if GB no dey go commonwealth games, what's the point in having the darn games then?
pointless mehn; pointless
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 10:54pm On Sep 23, 2010
They are going jare. . . .England's team decided to go today.

What makes me laugh the most is that NIGERIAN (or naija born) Brits are the ones claiming they can't go because of 'security' and 'sanitation' issues. . . .people that most likely grew up in Naija are now forming security issues?? Naija people can form sha.

Anyways, back to work - I haven't seen so many pregnant women in my life. . . .about 13 in the building alone. Seems like there's a particular chair that if you sit on, you get pregnant. I will avoid it like a plague before it starts affecting men as well.  grin

Trying to find my feet in the new location. . . .I just dislike this JJC feeling - you need to ask people how to do everything except taking a piss.  grin

Naija passport don dey fall my hand again. . . .other countries take 3 weeks to process Visa, naija pali must be sent ahead for 'extra-screening' leading to 8 weeks before processing.  undecided

Abeg whoever knows a candidate arrangee wife (Polish preferrably grin) should get in touch.
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 11:02pm On Sep 23, 2010
Like Kiwi shoe polish?
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 11:10pm On Sep 23, 2010
dayokanu:

Like Kiwi shoe polish?

see your gap teeth like kanu's own. grin

I don't mind German or Italian by the way. grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 11:19pm On Sep 23, 2010
Why you dey fear to get belle? You never reeach to get belle ni?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2010
What makes me laugh the most is that NIGERIAN (or naija born) Brits are the ones claiming they can't go because of 'security' and 'sanitation' issues. . . .people that most likely grew up in Naija are now forming security issues?? Naija people can form sha.

lmao
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 5:54pm On Sep 24, 2010
debosky:

They are going jare. . . .England's team decided to go today.

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Our guys don forget the runs back home ni.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.