Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,514 members, 7,861,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 12:49 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (40) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (148124 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 9:47am On Aug 19, 2010
ok. . .i need help from you guys. . .y'all being older and more experienced and all.

i've been here for two months and it doesn't look like we're going to be going to site until october, i'm bored as hell, the learning curve here has flattened out, besides drafting all them silly arse letters i pretty much understand the tendering process now. I hate stagnating and so i decided to look for constructive stuff that i could do which would ensure that i dont become depressed and i've come up with a couple

1. I've downloaded some reports on the power sector dating back to the 60s from the worldbank site and i've started reading them already
2. I've downloaded the OCW(open courseware) from MIT, so i can brush up on my theory(i've always hated all them calculations)
3. I'm still preparing for GRE(might as well get it out of the way now)
4. I and my friends plan to conduct load flow studies on the nigerian grid and this'll require me learning to use some softwares like this(this ties in with no 2 cos there'll be calculations i need to learn and ish)
5. I've been considering taking a few power system courses online(seeing as there aren't any certifications)

i need advise on how i could possibly prioritize/juggle these activities, trying to do all of them at once just ensures i end up confused, and once i'm not learning something new i start to get depressed(one has only so much time with a million and one things to do) i'm still averagely young grin and i want to be in the best position to ride the wave when it comes. . .

[size=5pt]P.S. i'm not one of them bookish types o, as concerns other wink activities i pretty much have themit on lockdown[/size]
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
on the work side, the commercial bids we submitted for some 330kV transmission projects are being opened today and my boss is scared as hell: the man too like money sha, see as im bin dey inflate prices anyhow when we were putting the bid together and now he's scared that he might have put himself in a position where his backing wont be able to do anything. . .lol
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 9:57am On Aug 19, 2010
DK,
Let me have the CV and push to our HR. Who knows. Done that for a number of friends and it works. Some here now, a few flunked the process, and some had pay disagreement. I hope the CV is hot sha  cheesy

Guess you still have my email addy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 10:06am On Aug 19, 2010
@Jarus

i get person CV too oh
lol
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 11:05am On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

^^ do we have a law that says we shouldnt scope an unmarried woman?

if shes hawt and i like her, bleep the office setting

ill use style style to woo her and if she refuses, i waka pass

am sure u will be worse than most of those bosses when u become one grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 11:47am On Aug 19, 2010
^^^ i will not threaten any babe with sack cos ive promised my God never to sack anyone i employ

besides, my coy will be filled with ladies between ages 21-28

the distribution of guys to gurls will be 20:80 so if one says no, then no wahala
some will be willing to play ball

mind you, the interview processes ends on ma desk so you must be fine to enter my coy
Re: Welcome To My Office by jaybee3(m): 11:49am On Aug 19, 2010
hmmmmmm
Ever heard of sexual harassment? Some Investment banker is currently being sued for millions in NY (btw, this happens all the time). I'm sure you ain't planning to loose all you've worked for. Who knows Nigeria might have developed her own laws by then
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 12:26pm On Aug 19, 2010
jay bee:

hmmmmmm
Ever heard of sexual harassment? Some Investment banker is currently being sued for millions in NY (btw, this happens all the time). I'm sure you ain't planning to loose all you've worked for. Who knows Nigeria might have developed her own laws by then
TKB is only joking nao cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by jaybee3(m): 12:27pm On Aug 19, 2010
I know cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 1:12pm On Aug 19, 2010
virgie:

I can at least let him savour me one round to tell me goodbye.

Your boss sounds like a desperate lecturer shocked
savour one round? LOL stup id bastar d.

Methinks you can still eat your cake and have it depending on how much of a maga d boss is.
Had a case like dat once and believe me I saved a lot of money on lunches and even got an offer for anoda job from same guy. (maybe he honestly liked me sha o)

netotse:

@virgie
i gbadun this your entry o. . .kinda reminds me of how tollu entered this thread. . .lol
could it be that you were/are smiling/laughing just a little too much at work?

Sweetheart, u gat me confused wiv sumone else, my entry was as undramatic as can be. Had to look it up sef.

Lecherous pigs do not need any encouragement actually. All dem need na deir eyes
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 1:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
tollu:

Your boss sounds like a desperate lecturer shocked
savour one round? LOL stup id bastar d.

Methinks you can still eat your cake and have it depending on how much of a maga d boss is.
Had a case like dat once and believe me I saved a lot of money on lunches and even got an offer for anoda job from same guy. (maybe he honestly liked me sha o)

Hmmnnn, eyin obinrin cheesy

tollu:

Sweetheart, u gat me confused wiv sumone else, my entry was as undramatic as can be. Had to look it up sef.

Got me surprised too, as I can't remember reading that . .almost went adigging ur past posts here cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 1:47pm On Aug 19, 2010
jay bee:

hmmmmmm
are they going to sue me for employing mostly ladies or sue me for wooing them

is wooing illegal? i didnt say i was gonna grab things oh or force them to sit on my laps grin grin

abi eyin people, how una see this thing nau?

lolol

Jarus baba

i get person wey dey look for job oh
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 1:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
Tollu
wa fun mi ni feedback nau

@Netotse
u go soon become minister of power

the zeal at which you do this ur work demands a national award
M.O.N at least

nice one man
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 1:56pm On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

Jarus baba

i get person wey dey look for job oh
Is she/he a Finance person? Good CV, cos u no say my coy na world class company o? grin
U still get my email addy now . . let me have it and push it to our HR, in case there's space. . . . I get good rapport with our HR guys/gals
Re: Welcome To My Office by jaybee3(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2010
tkb417:

are they going to sue me for employing mostly ladies or sue me for wooing them

is wooing illegal? i didnt say i was gonna grab things oh or force them to sit on my laps grin grin

Gbam. . . .Gender discrimination. The employment forms we fill over here can be monitored against 'em kinda discrimination's (ethnicity, gender et al). I remembered a case of police force in the UK that got sued cos they intentionally shred all applications from male applicants. The male applicants won close to 150K each. Offcourse they got lucky cos of a whistle-blower.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 2:08pm On Aug 19, 2010
Jarus:

Hmmnnn, eyin obinrin cheesy

lol Jarus, o wipe irun owun kun mo de ba ge lo sile.

tkb417:

Tollu
wa fun mi ni feedback nau

@Netotse
u go soon become minister of power

the zeal at which you do this your work demands a national award
M.O.N at least

nice one man

Feedback?

Ashewo ni e o. What kind ofa an office has a 80:20 female male population? U want to turn your place into a hairdressing salon abi? U go fear na enough settlement of fights.

i agree with you per Netotse. Dude is serious
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 2:12pm On Aug 19, 2010
Jarus:

Is she/he a Finance person? Good CV, cos u no say my coy na world class company o? grin
U still get my email addy now . . let me have it and push it to our HR, in case there's space. . . . I get good rapport with our HR guys/gals
wa sere pady mi

ill forward the CV to you .   .    .    .    . can you push an entry level person too? abi strictly experienced people

nice one man. Greatest Ife grin grin

jay bee:

Gbam. . . .Gender discrimination. The employment forms we fill over here can be monitored against 'em kinda discrimination's (ethnicity, gender et al). I remembered a case of police force in the UK that got sued cos they intentionally shred all applications from male applicants. The male applicants won close to 150K each. Offcourse they got lucky cos of a whistle-blower.

u think say i no know wetin i dey do when i decided to live in Nigeria
u people are just impossible

tell the Queen i love Nigeria and i cannot trade my freedom for all those ur whistle blowers-
babanla nonsense
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 2:13pm On Aug 19, 2010
tollu:

Feedback?

i agree with you per Netotse. Dude is serious
fun mi ni feedback nkan ta discuss

GS. . . . . u understand?
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 2:17pm On Aug 19, 2010
errrr No. Forgive me, musta gone outta my mind completly. Will call u lata today
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 2:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^ur pharmaceutical pet project grin grin grin

olodo ni babe yi sha cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 3:10pm On Aug 19, 2010
@tollu
my bad. . .i had you mixed up with one of the other babes of 'back then'(the good ol' days) this thread, there was one babe that had one dramatic entrance like this something along the lines of 'i need 10mil by tomorrow or something'

@tkb
mennn it's necessary o, oil boys dont want to let us rest, so we have to be on-point!
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2010
i will rather be jobless than work in an office with 80% women.  angry

i hate working with women they are just plain difficult.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 5:30pm On Aug 19, 2010
its fun when ure the boss tongue

why would everywhere be crowded with guys only

when its not a construction site
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 5:37pm On Aug 19, 2010
although i have always worked in an office crowed with guys

the only times i have ever had issues with anybody in the office was with a lady.
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Aug 19, 2010
jarus,

Mo jeri e. You be correct guy. I used to moan that I couldnt get a 1st class but when I saw your qualities, I knew why.

Which of your email addresses. You want cos I get like 3 email addy for you alone as you be chairman

While in Naija I used to work in an office with a lot of babes but here now, Na so so Indian guys full my department.

But as a rule, i separate business and pleasure
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 5:53pm On Aug 19, 2010
candylips:

although i have always worked in an office crowed with guys

the only times i have ever had issues with anybody in the office was with a lady.

I never have a problem working with women, If she is your boss, give her the needed respect you would end up being more than colleagues.

I had to work with several girls while working in Naija and at the end of the job we end up being more than colleagues.

One particular job I went for in Abuja the girl ended up telling me all her life history. This was a high level babe which people used to think was untouchable. When we came back to Lagos office, colleagues were wondering how I "a razz boy" can get close to the babe.

This girl was a Northern babe, went to ABU, Her dad was a top Military Man that had many connections. As a fresh recruit in my coy she was driving an EOD when most Managers cant afford it. While in ABJ we were meeting many Top Govt dignitaries who also taught that for me to be with this girl I must be a top guy too. Thank God for my Bend down select TM Lewin Suit and Tie cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I believe in life you can get most things you want with the right attitude
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 6:05pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^^ wa sere jare

all women for me = all join
high class, low class, middle class; i dont care i just want them around me
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2010
Men are intimidated by women who know their onions.
That's why you hear them moaning that women are difficult.

They'll rather work with a dummy or a lady who always needs guidance.
Challenge them and they'll start moaning like babies.

Anyways, not all men sha.
We still have a few real men.
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 10:09pm On Aug 19, 2010
i am not talking about intimidation.

when u work in the midst of guys there are certain things that gets overlooked in certain situations

but when a woman is involved i don't understand why they sometimes want to prove difficult

as guys u can talk as mates and resolve an issue easily.

but some women will want to play by the book, cause trouble and escalate unnecessarily
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 10:19pm On Aug 19, 2010
BlueDiva:

Men are intimidated by women who know their onions.
That's why you hear them moaning that women are difficult.

They'll rather work with a dummy or a lady who always needs guidance.
Challenge them and they'll start moaning like babies.

Anyways, not all men sha.
We still have a few real men.

How do you rate me when I was working "under" you, remember you were the one doing the moaning
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 11:21pm On Aug 19, 2010
personally i dont have problems with having female bosses, but working in a place populated predominantly by females always turns out bad for me, prolly cos i'm a bit of a flirt sha. . .

@bluediva
a woman that knows her onions is still a woman o, stroke her(ego) and she will purr, that's why i like dealing with women. the only downside is when they now start asking for more. . .na then i dey always show them my usain bolt trick

@DK
this your 'more than colleagues' get as e dey sound o. . .is it more than colleagues part1 or more than colleagues reloaded? na just ask i talk say make i ask o. . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 7:38am On Aug 20, 2010
LOL at replies. . .
There will always be war of the sexes.
I don't expect a man to own up that a woman intimidates him.

Seriously, some women are troublesome sha.
I've worked with difficult female bosses who were bent on giving me hell.

I've never had problems with men though.
It's usually women who give women hell. Men don't, except they're threatened by the woman.

@DK,
You nor well o.
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 7:44am On Aug 20, 2010
kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

(1) (2) (3) ... (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.