Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,034 members, 7,863,700 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 12:25 AM

Welcome To My Office - Career (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (148230 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 8:21am On Aug 20, 2010
dayokanu:

jarus,

Mo jeri e. You be correct guy. I used to moan that I couldnt get a 1st class but when I saw your qualities, I knew why.

aahhh, bros e no mata o, grin sometimes it's a burden really, cos people expect a lot from you, as if u're not human. Some people even expect u to know everything, forgetting that one is still a Bsc holder only, not a Prof.
tkb417:

wa sere pady mi

ill forward the CV to you . . . . . can you push an entry level person too? abi strictly experienced people

nice one man. Greatest Ife grin grin
u think say i no know wetin i dey do when i decided to live in Nigeria

Entry level could be a little difficult given the fact that we have an annual route for fresh grads which has been done for 2010 already, but if well packaged, like few months experience somewhere, could be considered
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 8:41am On Aug 20, 2010
@ current topic,
The only subordinate I have is a female,  and we relate even on unofficial level. I boss over her jokingly, like asking her to give me '10 reasons why I should not sack her for spending more time on break', as if I can sack grin. She knows I'm joking. I have even introduced her to NL, although she was an inactive member before joining our company, but I restrict her coming to NL and browsing in general.  She's very hardworking and meticulous, and I doubt if I can get that from a guy. Now, we relate beyond official level to the extent some colleagues are already asking whether we had known one another pre-here. I personally like a relaxed office environment, with joking, discussing politics,etc by the way. So I relate with everybody formally and informally and I'm enjoying it.

Over all, I prefer having ladies work with me, especially as subordinate. As peer, I prefer them too. As boss, well the only direct female oga I have had was in my former company and she was a great woman, but I can't generalize.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 8:42am On Aug 20, 2010
DK,
Ju CV yen si official email mi
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 9:35am On Aug 20, 2010
Jarus:

@ current topic,
The only subordinate I have is a female, and we relate even on unofficial level. I boss over her jokingly, like asking her to give me '10 reasons why I should not sack her for spending more time on break', as if I can sack grin. Now, we relate beyond official level to the extent some colleagues are already asking whether we had known one another pre-here.

Ah ehm.

tkb417:

^^your pharmaceutical pet project grin grin grin

olodo ni babe yi sha cheesy cheesy

Oju eja ni iwo na mo je. Perhaps I spinned you a yarn or the project was just thought about then and has now been abandoned.
You know say memory dese days na like computer own, you can choose to delete some things.

BlueDiva:

Seriously, some women are troublesome sha.
I've worked with difficult female bosses who were bent on giving me hell.

I've never had problems with men though.
It's usually women who give women hell. Men don't, except they're threatened by the woman.

Women bosses are usually terrible. Perhaps they overcompensate for being female
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:46am On Aug 20, 2010
One good thing about being on the tech side is, you hardly ever come across female bosses grin

I have female peers and subordinates though. They are great workers, and provide good healthy competition. Once you understand their whims and caprices (being a married guy makes it easy for me, I can see them coming a mile away wink), you can easily manage them.

It's a bit of both ways. Ladies are by nature either very lazy or very hardworking, when it comes to work. But these days, I think the women are really stepping up. There are so many families I know where the women are the breadwinners. We men need to buckle up o!
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 4:11pm On Aug 20, 2010
Single or Married, I tend to find the fun part of them and work on it and I can talk about any topic.

Some of my female colleagues, I even share Unofficial PG jokes with them but you should know when to work and when to play
Re: Welcome To My Office by ugobanks: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2010
Due respect to all the bros in da house.

I must say this thread is the juicest.
Re: Welcome To My Office by chi21: 3:31am On Aug 23, 2010
in this days ladies are very heard working. In everything the are doing.
Re: Welcome To My Office by FunmyKemmy(f): 4:43pm On Aug 23, 2010
My present boss is a woman.  The experience so far is not palatable.  She is too harsh for my liking.
May the Lord see me through amen.

The office is becoming boring each day.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 8:33pm On Aug 23, 2010
On behalf of all my Ogas in the house, I wish Oga Jarus Happy birthday, we are all proud of you  and we pray the good Lord continues to bless you the more.

wink wink wink wink wink winkwhere is the party @ ?

@ topic,

Admission list finally out. Am in for another 18 month course!
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:35pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^
Problem be say Jarus dey fast.
We go postpone till September 11 jare.

@Topic,
Things have been hectic. Really hectic. I have to jet out to the so-called Incredible Nation this weekend for a week. Not particularly a trip I am looking forward to, but how for do sha. The mouth wey chop drumstick must get to chop chicken feet join. That's the problem.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jarus(m): 12:53pm On Aug 24, 2010
Thanks everybody for teh birthday wishes . . .no worry, after fasting grin
Oga Ajanlekoko, you've started junketing again grin Buy Chocolate for your bois o grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by okeyz(m): 7:59am On Aug 25, 2010
ihi guys , i got this letter from foreign a recruitment agency which specializes in recruiting proffesionals for oil and gas coy in dubai, i wish to share with y"all ,its for accounting professionals so, if u fit the position just fire ur cv to them. there are100% genuine.
you can also check their website for more confirmation
Good luck wink

I hope my message finds you in good health. I just wanted to inform you of our latest vacancy. I would highly appreciate if you pass this on to your friends and/or family if you know anyone that will be interested.

In your responses please provide me with details regarding:
1. Skills
2. Experience
3. Educational Qualifications
4. Salary Expectations
5. Availability

A promising and rewarding opportunity has arrised with my Client, a global Oil and Gas Service Provider in Nigeria for a Cost Controller.

Office location: Port Harcourt

The right person will be in charge of monitoring the costs and progress of projects
prove commercial contracts for project knowledge
report to Project Manager on project costing

Qualifications:
+ minimum educational qualification accepted: University Degree majoring in Accounting
+experience from working with a Multinational Company preferably Oil and Gas
+Accounting qualifications such as: ACCA, CIMA, etc. are an advantage

In exchange for all of the above, my Client is willing to offer a competitive package and the prospects of career progression in the next 2-4 years to the level of Finance Manager.

Please apply only if you fulfil the criteria and you are a Nigerian National.

Kind Regards

Oana-Maria Ene

Progressive Oil & Gas
Phone: +44 (0)20 7469 5200
Email: o.ene@progressiverecruitment.com

Click here to visit our online job search. www.progressiverecruitment.com
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 1:16pm On Aug 25, 2010
The office is boring as hell, I'm seriously holding myself back so i dont start to seem like the rebel, i wonder why majority of northerners are so timid, the thing dey tire person o. . .

They want us to open salary accounts with unity bank, we all didn't like the idea and agreed that we would tell our boss we dont approve only for everyone to turn around and start filling account opening forms, seeing as i've been here for only 10weeks it's not in my place to rally the troops, i go just dey watch them.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 1:51pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^ Falalu Bello has cornered ur MD cheesy

thats what they tried to do with NEXIM and FERMA when i was still running some schitzo in those places

i think some of the top peeps in those orgs didnt agree.

i guess ur boss sold out cheesy

oya fill the form kia kia
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 8:09pm On Aug 26, 2010
@tkb
wetin man pikin fit do now? i go fill am o, i go sha make sure say kobo no dey stay that account sha!

@thread
meeennnn this strike was not a small thing o, the unions must have meant business, when we hadn't had light in the office by 2, i called the PHCN transmission station to ask them 'how far' and i was told that they weren't loaded(meaning the station was off) now that means that there was no electricity coming from shiroro, which in turn means that they probably switched off the generators, mennnnn that is some serious sturvs o. . .in my 4years in the system, i've never heard of them touch the generators in the name of strike o(especially since it takes around 48 hours to stabilize the grid after a collapse.)

the significance of this is that the ENTIRE abuja was in the dark, Transcorp Hilton, ICC and Aso villa(yep. . .that one wink) didn't have electricity, it is official o, the union people 'mean' Jonathan/sambo/PAC.

of which i suppose dey call all the people i know for PHCN to do "i just called to greet you sir", that monetization must enter my hand small o!
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:51pm On Aug 26, 2010
netotse:

@tkb
wetin man pikin fit do now? i go fill am o, i go sha make sure say kobo no dey stay that account sha!

@thread
meeennnn this strike was not a small thing o, the unions must have meant business, when we hadn't had light in the office by 2, i called the PHCN transmission station to ask them 'how far' and i was told that they weren't loaded(meaning the station was off) now that means that there was no electricity coming from shiroro, which in turn means that they probably switched off the generators, mennnnn that is some serious sturvs o. . .in my 4years in the system, i've never heard of them touch the generators in the name of strike o(especially since it takes around 48 hours to stabilize the grid after a collapse.)

the significance of this is that the ENTIRE abuja was in the dark, Transcorp Hilton, ICC and Aso villa(yep. . .that one wink) didn't have electricity, it is official o, the union people 'mean' Jonathan/sambo/PAC.

of which i suppose dey call all the people i know for PHCN to do "i just called to greet you sir", that monetization must enter my hand small o!

Well, government will have to do what it hates doing with the people: Negotiate. Serves the Abuja crowd right.

@Topic,
Working late this week every day, trying to close out as much as possible of my workload before I hit the skies again for a short but busy business trip. I'm not even sure of when I will leave; can't find a ticket yet to where I'm going, not even economy. That's the problem with going to all these countries where people plenty pass ants in sugar. angry

I'm tempted to take a little time off after I get back, but dem go just shoot me for ofis. Suddenly I just realised I had approved leave for like half of my team members without thinking. Wow.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 9:38pm On Aug 26, 2010
I haven't been on here in a while, so thought to pop in and post.

Getting audited - be it financial, technical, engineering or any kind must be one of the most unpleasant experiences you can have at work. I really got put through the wringer by this crazy emissions auditor today, asking questions about anything and everything. . . heck after a while I thought he was going to ask me what colour of underwear I was wearing and what colour my passport was.  grin grin

It just makes me sad sometimes when I have to go through all of this to comply with regulations and prove no pollution is taking place when things in Nigeria just happen without any consideration or thought many times. If only we had sensible people in the ministry of environment and other bodies who would put their feet down and enforce the law.

Anyways, that aside I am currently counting down to moving to my next job posting. . . .handing over 2 years worth of knowledge is proving harder than I expected. Instead of being a breeze these last few weeks will involve coming in early and leaving late, just to complete the work on my plate and leave with a clean record.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 8:38am On Aug 27, 2010
@debosky,
Hopefully you'll be one of those sensible people someday.
We can only hope and wait.
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Aug 27, 2010
debosky:

I haven't been on here in a while, so thought to pop in and post.

Getting audited - be it financial, technical, engineering or any kind must be one of the most unpleasant experiences you can have at work. I really got put through the wringer by this crazy emissions auditor today, asking questions about anything and everything. . . heck after a while I thought he was going to ask me what colour of underwear I was wearing and what colour my passport was. grin grin

It just makes me sad sometimes when I have to go through all of this to comply with regulations and prove no pollution is taking place when things in Nigeria just happen without any consideration or thought many times. If only we had sensible people in the ministry of environment and other bodies who would put their feet down and enforce the law.

Anyways, that aside I am currently counting down to moving to my next job posting. . . .handing over 2 years worth of knowledge is proving harder than I expected. Instead of being a breeze these last few weeks will involve coming in early and leaving late, just to complete the work on my plate and leave with a clean record.

I used to enjoy the experience, While in Nigeria, I have had branch managers in the office till midnight cos if it doesnt look good then its probably not.

I remember one day in Allen branch of a bank, a pregnant woman was on her knees begging. I was so embarassed. She didnt want me to write a report of non compliance with company rules.

It was also a good opportunity to snag the babes in the organisation, Imagine me that even the Manager or the Financial director was running after now says Hello to a worker, Even na the Oga go organise the chic for me.

It happened in one Multinational Oil coy, the Oga was asking me which of the babes I wanted, the new recruit or the NYSC babe.

I slept in many top Hotels I couldnt have afforded with my salary, Flew a lot and even was flown with a Helicopter from Bonny Island to Lagos with just 4 ppl on board when I had to be in Lagos for a day appointment.
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 5:19pm On Aug 27, 2010
^^ men u guys are enjoying the life in nigeria o
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 6:06pm On Aug 27, 2010
^^ It doesnt translate to money in the pocket,

Someone lodges you in Transcorp, flies you in choppers but these things I caouldnt have afforded it with my own money but it has its benefits too e.g

When i went to Abuja one chic we served together that was a high class babe then, When i called her and she saw that I was been driven around by a driver and lodged in a top Hotel, I dont need to tell you what followed. She dropped the koko sharp sharp

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 7:22pm On Aug 27, 2010
^^^
i hope u no go near the babes wey i introduce to u
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 8:25pm On Aug 27, 2010
^^ oya introduce them to me na
Re: Welcome To My Office by dayokanu(m): 9:41pm On Aug 27, 2010
tkb417:

^^^

You know there love in sharing. LOL. I no touch am o
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 10:56am On Aug 30, 2010
just in case anyone here wants a crack at the roadmap thingy. . .

here
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 12:00pm On Aug 30, 2010
tkb417:

^^^

So why you introduce them to dayo? tongue

@Topic,
After three nonstop flights, I finally land in Incredible India! One heck of a place. A Nigeria in geometric progression.
Will share more about the country as I travel round six major cities in the course of this week. Too jetlagged now, so I am signing out till later.
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 1:05pm On Aug 30, 2010
@Ajanlekoko
nice one. . .errrrrr. . .i dont suppose you'd be able to confirm for me if indian girls really are as fine as the ones in the movies?  grin

@thread
one mad girl has been singing/shouting off-key since morning. . .i'm not ruling out the fact that she might be doing it on purpose cos we're currently involved in a cold war(. . .she mis-jaboed). . .i've been trying to thinking up non-violent ways to shut her up and failing consistently. . .WTF, i swear a guy could never be this loud, if it isn't her talking on the phone every bloody day(newly engaged) it's her loud-arse ringtone. . .it didn't piss me off this much until her loud-mouth went off on a matter that concerns me. . . angry

oga is not around at the moment, that's why my ears are being assaulted at the moment. . .i'm sooo not liking the female sex right now  angry
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tolulop001(f): 4:51pm On Aug 30, 2010
^^^^^^^^LOL hold on my brother!
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 5:16pm On Aug 30, 2010
AjanleKoko:

So why you introduce them to dayo? tongue

@Topic,
After three nonstop flights, I finally land in Incredible India! One heck of a place. A Nigeria in geometric progression.
Will share more about the country as I travel round six major cities in the course of this week. Too jetlagged now, so I am signing out till later.
oga when you dey show?
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 7:13pm On Aug 30, 2010
tkb417:

oga when you dey show?

Back Sunday evening. wink
netotse:

@Ajanlekoko
nice one. . .errrrrr. . .i dont suppose you'd be able to confirm for me if indian girls really are as fine as the ones in the movies?  grin

grin grin grin grin is my only comment.

@Topic,
Dem dey take light for here steady!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

India is very interesting. A shocking side-by-side co-habitation of technology and poverty. It's unbelievable. You step out of the airport, that looks reasonably high-tech, and you literally step into Ojuwoye Mushin. Yes, that's just about the best description I can find. Or Oshodi before Fashola. Alarm dey tear this people no be small thing. But the city feels special, even magical. I no fit explain am. One kain natural beauty dey.
Re: Welcome To My Office by tkb417(m): 8:20am On Aug 31, 2010
abeg help me bring one indian gurl

i go pay you when u land

just tell her the Lord of the Rings wants her for some special use

my chairman GCON, GCFR, OFR and everythn grin grin
ur head is there grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.