Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,829 members, 7,817,423 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

Welcome To My Office - Career (57) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Welcome To My Office (147210 Views)

Photos Of My Office And Why I May Resign To Pursue My Music Career / The Ladies In My Office Are Milking Me Dry. / I Rejected A 2 Year Bond By My Office Sending Me On A One Week Course To Uk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (77) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 4:59pm On Feb 14, 2011
debosky:

^^ you get candidate for me?

The one I first find na Irish, but those ones don sharp up and no dey give husbands pali unless you live for Ireland. grin

I remember the only time I was ever in Dublin. Those Irish babes no try o. Dem wowo like anything tongue
Tough price to pay for pali grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by Dunddy(m): 3:44pm On Feb 15, 2011
Guess no one is nice enough to help me out.
cool.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 4:44pm On Feb 15, 2011
This isn't an advice thread per se - it's more of sharing experiences.

If you haven't already seen it - visit the corp. finance/investment/stockbrokers thread here
Re: Welcome To My Office by diggler(m): 1:16am On Feb 17, 2011
Howdy folks

This should be my first post of the year.

Till July when the new govt starts taking shape (this our government driven economy sucks), i'll play a holding pattern b'ness wise, no aggressive new ventures till we see what gives.

Meanwyl i'll be on the trail of these political types, tho the circle that shares that friggin politics money aint widening no more.
And lots of my contacts are not in the deep end of the money pool (PDP) no more.

Anyways i'll just enjoy my vacation which kicked off on the 14th and runs till next month.

Wish y'all profitable days ahead.

peace
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 9:48am On Feb 17, 2011
Hey all, its been a while. many things have been going on underground that refrain me from spending my normal time on Nairaland. Congrats to all the Gunners in the house, we are presently the best team in the world. *wink*

By the way, I would be making a harsh decision next two months which can either turn me to a Steve Jobs or leave me a Pauper for some months. Hehehe.

Happy weekend.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 10:34am On Feb 17, 2011
Jcob:

Hey all, its been a while. many things have been going on underground that refrain me from spending my normal time on Nairaland. Congrats to all the Gunners in the house, we are presently the best team in the world. *wink*

By the way, I would be making a harsh decision next two months which can either turn me to a Steve Job or leave me a Pauper for some months. Hehehe.

Happy weekend.

Be very careful of that statement angry best team indeed!
Anyway, I think I have an idea of the kind of decision you want to make. Trust me, this is the best time to do it. If all goes south, you can always retrace your steps.
We get plenty unfinished talk by the way. Hit me up.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 1:02pm On Feb 17, 2011
@ Ajanlekoko,

Yes Boss, will buzz you anytime you are available. Many things on ground o. Some you already know of, but don't really know am indirectly involved in .
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tboy4rever(m): 5:15pm On Feb 18, 2011
Yeah! i like whats going on in the house

Lots of luv to ya all, by the way everyone talk about good start of the year, should I celebrate this year as well began, am still guessing undecided

? I signed a contract with a multinational company looking at establishing in 9ja, a quite succesful company, but the down side of the contract is that you have build the business with your own dough, Initially there was plans (to raise some dough) but now things are working out right, just how do cough d dough $$$ to move on embarassed

well despite the potentials, I will keep my celebration awop
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 7:46pm On Feb 18, 2011
Tboy4rever:

Yeah! i like whats going on in the house

Lots of luv to ya all, by the way everyone talk about good start of the year, should I celebrate this year as well began, am still guessing undecided

? I signed a contract with a multinational company looking at establishing in 9ja, a quite succesful company, but the down side of the contract is that you have build the business with your own dough, Initially there was plans (to raise some dough) but now things are working out right, just how do cough d dough $$$ to move on embarassed

well despite the potentials, I will keep my celebration awop

Errr, are you stylishly fishing for financiers or magas?

Welcome to the thread by the way.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tboy4rever(m): 8:40pm On Feb 18, 2011
hi tollu, nice of you to welcome me on NL, but you wont know what it means to have a franchise business of a world leading company and yet dont know how to push it up, suppose I find a financier NOT maggas wouldnt I be happy.

I have a contract proposal with a state government but they are waiting for the year budget to be passed, before they will know whether to proceed with my proposal or not, lipsrsealed

For a business with the best products that knock rivals off the market, I think I will keep the hope in top gear, cioh sad :-
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tboy4rever(m): 1:19am On Feb 20, 2011
where are all the NLs, have they gone to sleep
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 7:48am On Feb 20, 2011
Tboy4rever:

hi tollu, nice of you to welcome me on NL, but you wont know what it means to have a franchise business of a world leading company and yet dont know how to push it up, suppose I find a financier NOT maggas wouldnt I be happy.

I have a contract proposal with a state government but they are waiting for the year budget to be passed, before they will know whether to proceed with my proposal or not, lipsrsealed

For a business with the best products that knock rivals off the market, I think I will keep the hope in top gear, cioh sad :-
maybe you could shed more light on this your franchise, someone might be able to give you valuable advice
Re: Welcome To My Office by zeeleso(f): 9:05am On Feb 21, 2011
smiley subscribing
Re: Welcome To My Office by just4just: 11:42am On Feb 23, 2011
i hope this thread is 4 office, i work at nigeria border, it heactic controlin pple. smtimes they are insultive, i cope
Re: Welcome To My Office by cecegorz(m): 9:00pm On Feb 27, 2011
@Just4just, welcome bro. You @Seme?
What,s up people?
Just dusted full year appraisal with well over 90% score. Just waiting to pick up promotion letter, I need am baaaaaad!
Did I tell u guys am now a journey walker? Sorry, Johny flyer, meeeen! It's been both hectic and fun.
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 9:24pm On Feb 27, 2011
cecegorz:

Just dusted full year appraisal with well over 90% score. Just waiting to pick up promotion letter, I need am baaaaaad!

Nice one. Same here, only in my case, there's no promotion. Just a nice bonus and a northwards SALAD wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 2:22pm On Feb 28, 2011
^^

Oya report to the Debosky Charity with your 10% donation. tongue grin
Re: Welcome To My Office by andrewsega(m): 2:51pm On Mar 02, 2011
I went to work earlier than usual, there is some girl who confessed to be in love with me. if it was not her, i would be out of this office already
Re: Welcome To My Office by candylips(m): 3:53pm On Mar 02, 2011
debosky:

^^

Oya report to the Debosky Charity with your 10% donation. tongue grin

red nose day
Re: Welcome To My Office by tollu: 4:17pm On Mar 02, 2011
andrewsega:

I went to work earlier than usual, there is some girl who confessed to be in love with me. if it was not her, i would be out of this office already

Right.
What's love gotta do with it though?
Re: Welcome To My Office by semid4lyfe(m): 7:00pm On Mar 03, 2011
Feeling bored with my regular sections so I just decided to pop in here grin

It's been interesting & revealing reading the last 3 pages

Moving on. . . . .
Re: Welcome To My Office by beneli(m): 4:44pm On Mar 04, 2011
I am feeling kinda lucky right now, even though I have recently let go of my erstwhile lucrative ‘hustling ways’, and embraced a more economically sobering, but much more stable post in a leading UK private Healthcare provider. . .

You see; the bubble is bursting – nay exploding – around 'hustling' Doctors here at the moment, as the government continues to cut costs and contemplates shedding up to 50,000 jobs in the National Health Service over the next couple of years.

Everybody is gripped by the anxieties of the moment. From the tea-drinking executives of the so called Primary care trusts, which will all soon cease to exist, through the hospital managers, who have to justify why they need to be retained by the various Health Trusts they work for (so they have to cut down on the money paid out of their confers to the ‘hustlers’ to ‘save money’), down to the support workers and the cleaners. Everybody has bills to pay and know that they are probably only two pay checks away from being homeless - the reality of living in the Western world!  

Honestly, it’s become like a war zone here. Everybody is fighting for his own survival and is being compelled to justify why they are indispensable in these troubling times . . . so the more dispensable ones are crapping their soiled pants, already! 

I am feeling kinda lucky. As I glance through the windows of my office, now awash with the hesitantly warm late afternoon sunshine that is heralding the imminence of spring, I watch the traffic, snaking along the road in the pre-rush hour traffic jam, and it dawns on me, that I am spared the anxieties of a lot of people out there at the moment. I am saved the embarrassment of having to crap myself!

And I ask myself, what else can I call this. . . since I can continue to pay my own ever increasing bills and afford still a bit of luxury . . .in this ever deepening ocean of despair that encroaches around me?

Is this not contentment . . .?
Re: Welcome To My Office by netotse(m): 11:58pm On Mar 04, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Feeling bored with my regular sections so I just decided to pop in here grin

It's been interesting & revealing reading the last 3 pages

Moving on. . . . .

my friend. . .start posting your own gist jo

@thread
It's official, I must learn chinese o. . .na so me and one chinko babe dey MCC(motor control center) alone wink yesterday, the babe just dey ignore me. . .I say 'hello'. . .nothing, Good morning: no reply, I come use the only chinese wey all of us sabi: ni hao(means how are you doing?) the yeye girl just dey ignore me o. . .na when I come clear my throat loudly she come say hello back. . .*hiss*, no be her fault, she no too fine sef tongue grin

The site is crazy, I cant wait for the plant to be ready so all the chinks(there are more chinks than nigerians on the site) and expats will leave jo. . .on site, we have the chinks building the plant, a team from group HQ ensuring that the plant is built according to standards and a commissioning team that is trying to rival the united nations, and then there's us, the OP team(operations preparatory team, we're the ones that will run the plant when it's completed) communication is a big problem as there are only 3 chinese interpreters so most times you have to make do with sign language, although technically, since the plant hasn't been handed over the chinks own the site and all we're supposed to do is watch and learn.

I've been thinking, there are a lot of chinese people on site, they have their own hierarchy, their own camp, kitchen, doctor et al, some of them have been in nigeria since the beginning of the project(2 years +), I wonder how much they're being paid and if it's worth it to them, If they're happy, what they think about the conditions etc. Although some of them are widely travelled, they seem to have contracts on every continent.

on the official front, I've got my confirmation objectives so it's time to haul ass. I'm still trying to find my feet in this place, I've only being out of plant attachment(which was prematurely ended) for two weeks. Out of close to 15 engineers, only 2 of us are electrical engineers, can you imagine? At first I thought my mechanical counterparts were ignoring us on purpose but I was wrong, they're pretty cool despite their obvious handicap (being mechanical engineers grin). We're closer to them than we are to the electrical execution folks likewise them and the mechanical execution pple**.

**errr. . .I'm in a preventive maintenance department, we dont fix stuff, our job is to make sure nothing spoils, so if anything needs to be fixed, it's execution people that do that. . .we work harder than the execution people cos we have to constantly monitor the equipment so we see the faults before they develop into serious incidents but of course they dont agree. . .haters grin

@ oyb
met your guy. . .na fine boy o. . .seems sharp enough.
Re: Welcome To My Office by Nobody: 12:04am On Mar 05, 2011
^^^^

tell him these days my beef is with the midget

believe it or not, i've actually made peace with madam and eranko
Re: Welcome To My Office by Tmoni(m): 4:46pm On Mar 05, 2011
Hello Peeps,

Been a while and congrats to those settling in for bonuses and more money, we dey do same ol, same ol

To the shop floor,
Its the same pressure cooker oo
one oyinbo guy resigned, said he had enough of the job and wanted something with less pressure
we somehow hit one of our milstones in february and all of a sudden it opens up many meetings
i am currently in a hotel in conventry, left home on wednesday and will be on the road till next week friday
will be at Wales, scotland, midlands and north east
i am looking forward to april, let me rest for a bit
big grinding machine

as per naija, i have left job hunting for a while, let me enjoy jand more, lol
@ Debosky, hope say u no dey go gadaffi sones again ooo
Re: Welcome To My Office by semid4lyfe(m): 11:09pm On Mar 06, 2011
netotse:
my friend. . .start posting your own gist jo

You wan make I spoil the Behind corporate level of this place with my Baba Ijebu levels? grin

No worry, when I hammer, I go come gist una for here grin wink
Re: Welcome To My Office by AjanleKoko: 11:49pm On Mar 06, 2011
netotse:

I've been thinking, there are a lot of chinese people on site, they have their own hierarchy, their own camp, kitchen, doctor et al, some of them have been in nigeria since the beginning of the project(2 years +), I wonder how much they're being paid and if it's worth it to them, If they're happy, what they think about the conditions etc. Although some of them are widely travelled, they seem to have contracts on every continent.

You'll find that the Chinkos are simple folk.
The ones at Huawei are paid decently, around US$50-80k. Which is really good money by their standards. They are quite thrifty though, they like good life, and have their own ideas of what that is. But they are bluidy hardworking, and can work under any conditions. I respect that a lot, they've got no equal in this, not even Indians.
Re: Welcome To My Office by debosky(m): 12:22am On Mar 07, 2011
Tmoni:

@ Debosky, hope say u no dey go gadaffi sones again ooo

Moi? cheesy

I don ex that side. . . .na Italian job I dey hustle for now. . . .a cosy factory acceptance test for some gas compressors will do me just fine for now.

Right now I'll have to keep busy locally till that comes through - at least my passport isn't trapped under Ghaddafi's bed so we thank God. cheesy
Re: Welcome To My Office by yodiyokun(f): 3:52pm On Mar 07, 2011
It's been a long time I came by,

I just got my bonus last week, 32% tongue , Yes oooo!!!

But tax man and pension no gree me enjoy ooo, over half of the bonus just commot like dat!.
I no complain!, I'm forever loyal while I build my multimillon dollar empire in 10 years, grin My new goal!
Re: Welcome To My Office by Jcob(m): 11:09am On Mar 09, 2011
What is driving me around is 90% passion and 10% money, as all is set for my career transition, different feedback from my Ogas who actually thought have been jinxed to make such a coarse decision. One even told me to go and think about it and really decide if am ready to turn in my resignation letter. The sad part is that every extra day spent on this job gives me nightmare and my concentration is presently nil.

Hopefully next month, I would be operating as a COO in a new Tech/Digital Marketing Firm where i can peacefully live my dream. I know it could be tough and am ready for the challenge.

(1) (2) (3) ... (54) (55) (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) ... (77) (Reply)

Top 10 Most Demanded Jobs In The Oil And Gas Industry / What Is The Average Salary Of A Nigerian Soldier? / ACCA Or ICAN: Which Is Better?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.