Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:29 PM

FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre - Politics (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre (73903 Views)

A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Multichoice Considers Tough Times, Reduces Price Of Offerings For Subscribers / Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by galadima77(m): 10:42am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:

They do make a lot of money. Average of 1B per day on fuel consumption by Nigerians. I commented on that post last week

Economists revealed that GEJ makes between 500M and 1B daily selling petrol at 97-100 to Nigerians despite the reduction in world market

.....and some people blindly want him to continue?
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by sleekymag(m): 10:49am On Jan 19, 2015
sleekymag:
Let me do some calculations

Average crude oil price in the last one month
Dec 2014 = $60.70 (www.ycharts.com/indicators/average_crude_oil_spot_price)
This is -21.16% from previous month ($76.99)

Average crude oil price in the last one year = $105.48

Old PMS price with partial subsidy = N97
Old PMS price without subsidy - N138/N140, but let's assume it's = N138

Actual oil price at $105.48 = N138 PMS (without subsidy)
New oil price at $60.70 = (60.70/105.48)^138 = N79.41 ~ N80.

Without subsidy, PMS price should be about N80.

However, let's assume because of the fluctuations in price, we can allow for 20% fluctuation.

This implies,
Fluctuation allowance = 0.2*N80 = N16

Actual PMS price without subsidy = N80 + N16 = N96

To allow for some partial subsidy of say N9 per liter,

This implies,
Current PMS Price = N96 - N9 = N87.

*This doesn't put into consideration the recent devaluation of our naira.

My assumptions sha.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by AK481(m): 10:50am On Jan 19, 2015
Justbright:
this won't still stop gej from returning to otuoke come may 30th by latest....he thinks say Nigerians Na mumun abi?since wen did oil price drop for international market.....gej will hear it come febuhari 14

never knew pple hate gej and his corruption infested gov dis much,over 600 "likes" for my post?...gej u are a gonner

did you consider the price of dollar currently in your calculation?

dollar was 160 then now it is 181 today,definitely the prices nmust be higher than the nonsense you just wrote.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by onyxo76(m): 10:59am On Jan 19, 2015
i still bought fuel at 97 a few minutes ago... in any case on 5 litres i save a mere 50 naira... !! what's the difference then?
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by straight2point(m): 11:02am On Jan 19, 2015
Justbright:
this won't still stop gej from returning to otuoke come may 30th by latest....he thinks say Nigerians Na mumun abi?since wen did oil price drop for international market.....gej will hear it come febuhari 14

never knew pple hate gej and his corruption infested gov dis much,over 600 "likes" for my post?...gej u are a gonner

SO YOU STILL BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB TO FIGURE OUT THAT ALL THIS APC "likes" ON Nairaland are paid for

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Nobody: 11:04am On Jan 19, 2015
Whether na 5 Naira or its free.
You are going back to otuoke
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by ikotec: 11:11am On Jan 19, 2015
what a shame . going by the percentage reduction in crude pricing, petrol is only justified at about N50 a litre. cant jona for once get anything right. buhari all d way
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by wirinet(m): 11:18am On Jan 19, 2015
WHY IS NOBODY ASKING THE MOST RELEVANT QUESTION.

WHAT ABOUT DIESEL AND KEROSINE? WHY DID THE REDUCTION NOT AFFECT KEROSINE AND DIESEL ALSO?

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by buJu234: 11:35am On Jan 19, 2015
Justbright:

please am not a supporter of either GEJ or GMB...

but u calculation sir is lacking some thing..

DEVALUATION OF THE NAIRA....i.e the value of the Naira compare to the Dollar per time... u have to factor this into ur equation to successful arrive at a close estimate for price of a litre of petrol.. ok

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by trux(m): 11:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Justbright:

how is it possible to get almost 900likes abi nairaland don dey sale likes too
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by topshore(f): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2015
For FG to reduce fuel price by N10, it can afford to give us fuel free of charge. we no b fool o.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by hermesprogidy(m): 11:54am On Jan 19, 2015
Desperation of the highest order. I don't know who is more clueless. Dieziani, GEJ or Iweala. So what happened to all the reasons they gave for increasing the price? Why did they devalue the Naira? It's just so obvious that this is a political move, and the fuel price will be increased by 100% once they are voted in again undecided undecided undecided.

Travelling to Maiduguri, reduction in fuel price, showing "concern" for soon to executed drug traffickers soon they will tell us not to pay PHCN bills again. I think elections should hold every 6 months.

Clueless bunch. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Chigold101(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2015
kestolove95:
d one I voted for him 2011 am still regrtin..I can't b fooled
we are not desputing that... Okay?
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by hermesprogidy(m): 12:23pm On Jan 19, 2015
Don't mind the clueless one grin grin grin grin
wirinet:
WHY IS NOBODY ASKING THE MOST RELEVANT QUESTION.

WHAT ABOUT DIESEL AND KEROSINE? WHY DID THE REDUCTION NOT AFFECT KEROSINE AND DIESEL ALSO?
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by olaboy001(m): 12:25pm On Jan 19, 2015
dammytosh:

Only an imbec1le will call the reduction an achievement and commit another 4 years of frustration into GEJ's hands.

After we have lost naira to dollars in FX. One drunken master is removing 10naira from fuel price.

U see reason why we said no to subsidy removal ? Now we paid, there is still no difference. No infrastructure as a result of the removal.

Fuel price crashed, 1 billion dollars disppeared from excess crude oil account. Her Excellency President Oknojo iweala said they used it to pay subsidy and i kept wondering, when will the Tunisia revolution start. cry cry cry What are we subsidizing again after that kind of crash in price !!!!!!

Only one jobless graduate was frustrated and Tunisia was on fire. That revolution spread to egypt, liberia etc.

Millions of jobless frustrated graduates are still shouting GEJ till 2019.

Go and queue for your destiny and vote these imbec1les outtttt !!! You are afraid to fight yet cant vote with ur brain.

Wasted generation.

If you check my antecedents on this forum, i dislike apc, i dislike Tinubu but only a mad man will do something for 6years , fail and still says he wants to continue with the same approach.

Compare Buhari / Osinbajo vs Gej / sambo man to man achievement to achievement.
Compare the likely cabinet of this 2 teams and leave sentiment of christianity, our brother, shoelessness etc u know the best team

GEJ must go back to Otuoke.
#IHaveDecided to not insult GEJ. He is our President and must be respected. Its not his fault, he is just an incompetent COW.

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by bigtt76(f): 12:31pm On Jan 19, 2015
Hmmmm ...knowing my people ....PLEASE DON'T BUY AND HOARD FUEL OOOOO....NA DRY SEASON WE DE ABEG! grin
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Sammiee101(m): 1:15pm On Jan 19, 2015
Oil price droped from $110 to 50$ i.e 60$ difference.
A dollar is like 190 naira.
The oil barrel, which is 42 US liquid gallons or 158.9873 litres.

if u do the calculation, 10 naira per litre drop does not deserve any applause.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Weah96: 1:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
I'm paying $1.95 for 4 liters in Atlanta. Why is the gas so expensive in Nigeria? A gallon in Caracas, Venezuela hasn't gone higher than $0.50 in about a decade. That's N94 for almost 4 liters!
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by redcliff: 1:37pm On Jan 19, 2015
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by fleexee(m): 1:50pm On Jan 19, 2015
Otueke straight

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by DuchessLily(f): 5:08pm On Jan 19, 2015
All join! All na change nau... But GEJ we need more CHANGE sha

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by royalcode: 5:38pm On Jan 19, 2015
change

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Hugo7(m): 6:22pm On Jan 19, 2015
SailorXY:

do u know Nigeria still import PMS? have you checked the landing cost of these importations vis-a-vis the current value of the naira??
Is it not a thing of shame that a oil producing nation such as ours still import processed crude oil in this century.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Hugo7(m): 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
straight2point:

SO YOU STILL BELIEVE PEOPLE ARE SO DUMB TO FIGURE OUT THAT ALL THIS APC "likes" ON Nairaland are paid for
Please who is paying them cos I want to be paid too #lies
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by ollyruffy: 6:26pm On Jan 19, 2015
GEJ thinks Nigerians are gullible. He should annouce an end of importation of petroleum refined products and we will know he is working.

He will still be voted out next month. Rubbish

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by shevon: 6:43pm On Jan 19, 2015
And he is supposed to be working with Economists and the head of OPEC in his cabinet. grin

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by drehdinho(m): 7:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
I just need to say my mind,even if it won't get to Oga Jonathan. Where has Jonathan been all these while. Didn't he know that the price was too high?
So because he wants Nigerians to vote him coming February,2015 ,he starts doing what he had left undone since his resumption into the office as the president.
With this ,I am convince that Oga Jona is nothing but a good leader.
He has been enslaving the masses since only God knows when.
Only God knows other areas this wicked leader has been cheating the innocent and poor masses. All these our politicians self.
They can be heartless sha.
Enough is enough....we need leaders that will do what are needed to be done at the appropriate time. Not a leader that punishes us and denys us of our rights(national cake).

Even the Buhari self ,na only God no imm plans bayi. None of the Nigerian politician is trust worthy.
I hope Nigerians choose a leader who has sincere love for his people this time.
For Christ sake, why do our leaders...I mean,
We need God's intervention on this Nation.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by jide333(m): 7:10pm On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=18pt]There's nothing great about this news, first because it's long over due

secondly , 10 fourking naira ? ? ? WTF ... BARREL of OIL is less than half the price it used to be , I expected the pump price to be reduced by at least 40 naira

Finally, last minute reduction in fuel price just as the election draws closer ? ?

Heck No GEJ , I ain't voting for ya , sorry dude [/size]

EvEn if it's #30 your sorry a s s will still demand it to be #10 or #5... To hell with you and what you or who u vote for...
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by olaboy001(m): 7:32pm On Jan 19, 2015
jide333:

EvEn if it's #30 your sorry a s s will still demand it to be #10 or #5... To hell with you and what you or who u vote for...
Plain IDIOT..
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by tueituei: 7:36pm On Jan 19, 2015
Nobleval:
This is part of their election strategy. I know some guilible Nigerians are already taken in by this news. What assurance do you have that the price would be the same after 14th feb?
`
Please lets give Mr President some credit rather than throwing negative comments whenever he makes a positive move #GEJ2015 #LETSGoTHERE!!!!!!!
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by tueituei: 7:54pm On Jan 19, 2015
holluwai:
Now I believe this current government is useless! Senseless! Clueless! And visionless! Is this the best they can do!? Desperation in it's highest form! Nevertheless Buhari has my vote!
[size=8pt]Only a clueless person will talk like you because intelligent people express themselves through meaningful words and facts not insults, the Buhari you are voting doesn't portray the Qualities of a Future Leader.
The government saw the reduction in the International Price of crude Oil years before now that's why he Boosted the #Agricultural sector & improved the Railway to make farm products available in the market.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by olaboy001(m): 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2015
tueituei:

[size=8pt]Only a clueless person will talk like you because intelligent people express themselves through meaningful words and facts not insults, the Buhari you are voting doesn't portray the Qualities of a Future Leader.
The government saw the reduction in the International Price of crude Oil years before now that's why he Boosted the #Agricultural sector & improved the Railway to make farm products available in the market.
Nothing we no go hear from e-PDP them

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (Reply)

Wike Bans IPOB, Stanley Mgbere Declared Wanted, N50 Million Bounty Placed On Him / Ex-President Jonathan’s CSO, Obua Arrested!!! / Explosion At Abaezi Ohaji-Egbema Illegal Bunkering Site In Imo Kills 100 People

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.