Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,901 members, 7,814,050 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre - Politics (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre (73857 Views)

A Litre Of Petrol Now Sells Below N145 In Some Stations — Vanguard / Multichoice Considers Tough Times, Reduces Price Of Offerings For Subscribers / Petrol Price Is Now 74 Naira Per Litre? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by anigbajumo(m): 7:14am On Jan 19, 2015
Honestly I dnt knw wat to type buh I fink "d decision is jst an electn campaign saga bt wil change d mind of dullard citizens to cast their vote 4 clueless jhona".........OTUOKE STRAIGHT MAY 29

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by ceeceeco: 7:15am On Jan 19, 2015
Only
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by edey2real: 7:16am On Jan 19, 2015
If Jonathan like he should start giving out the fuel free in all filling stations I won't vote for him. What did he do with our money when he removed subsidy.

I'm not an educated fool like some people are.

This is all about election campaign.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by ENGRDIGNITY: 7:17am On Jan 19, 2015
Who cares?? That man with his tea cup head won't do anything better, he is just a walking carcass and doesn't make decision of his own,i pity for him as he pitied himself..he should better go and climb iroko tree to think well.....

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by eaglechild: 7:19am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
Thanks , in this part of the country , they sell per liter , they won't input anything for you , and when they round PFF , they do so to whole numbers , I know what I am saying ,

Which part of the country, are you also going to blame Jonathan for not standing up for your right.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by idera2013: 7:20am On Jan 19, 2015
OK was don hear
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by DaBullIT(m): 7:21am On Jan 19, 2015
Validated:

Keep your vote. Others undecided will accept the change. BTW, tomorrow refuse to buy at N87, insist on N97.

You and I both know its un-possible as a Nigerian to offer more money for something with reduced price , lai lai never

Except when SARS or POLICE dey harass you grin
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by shiffi(m): 7:21am On Jan 19, 2015
Tonniey:
God Bless you my president. Just knw dat people will still castigate you 4 dis reduction of fuel pump price, bt history will not 4get u as u ve included ur name among d presidents dat brought down d price of fuel.

If God say u gonna make another four years, so be it, bt if not, let's wait and see when d same people who re against ur re-election vote 4 GMB starts singing hosana in ur name after dey would have discovered dat APC doesn't even worth a wolf in sheep's clothing.

APC=Always Producing Clowns

If u want change, u will neva find it in GBM/osibanjo.

Mind u, I don't come back to read people dat quotes me.
Mumu of tthe highest order,u dey jump pump for your clueless jona wey drop pump price by jus 10 naira while other countries are droppin theres by 0.21 cents in the international community.between your presido no drop fuel price cos na drop of price in d international brent crude.between ask ur corrupt presid whats been happening to the money that accrued from d 97 per liter since 4 months wey brent crude begin fall
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by ogawisdom(m): 7:28am On Jan 19, 2015
Jisos great news

GEJ until buhari shows us his primary 6 certificate
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by francizy(m): 7:30am On Jan 19, 2015
See campaign strategies! Wasted government! I know he will take it to 200 after February 14

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Volksfuhrer(m): 7:35am On Jan 19, 2015
wirinet:
What About Kerosine, Diesel and aviation fuel? will their prices be reduced or we will continue to buy Kerosine at N120 per litre and Diesel at N150 per litre?

Let then talk about subsidy. At N87 per litre, is there still subsidy on petrol? Is GEJ still going to be doling out billions or is it trillions of naira to licenced importers? What is the amout paid to importers per litres now? What about the 2015 budget, how much is the petrol subsidy budgeted for this year? What about SUre-P, how much subsidy payments is going into Sure-P

Over to you TANoids, we need answers before we know wether to celebrate or continue crying.

Your observations are spot on.

The price cut really provokes more questions than answers, with subsidies currently in place and the spectre of austerity measures still hovering over us.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by VirginFinder: 7:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Just remove the whole subsidy nonsense altogether.

When price of crude oil in the world market was very high, the FG cushioned the effect on us.
Now that the price has gone so low that it's now our turn to subsidize the FG, we begin to protest for reduction in pump price.

That's not fair at all.

This is the best time to remove subsidy. God hates an unfair balance/scale.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by princemillla(m): 7:38am On Jan 19, 2015
Medicine After death.... Oshi oro

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Belvinho(m): 7:40am On Jan 19, 2015
shiffi:

Mumu of tthe highest order,u dey jump pump for your clueless jona wey drop pump price by jus 10 naira while other countries are droppin theres by 0.21 cents in the international community.between your presido no drop fuel price cos na drop of price in d international brent crude.between ask ur corrupt presid whats been happening to the money that accrued from d 97 per liter since 4 months wey brent crude begin fall

Abeg leave the guy. Drop in oil price is a delight to consumers and a nightmare to producers. With the drop in global oil price from about $94 per barrel to $43 currently, are we expecting a reduction of 10 naira or 45 naira?
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Emmahunk(m): 7:41am On Jan 19, 2015
Jalal:
Just announced by Petroleum Minister, says takes effect from today midnight sunday 18th Jan.

Source NTA news

Details later!

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/01/petrol-sell-n87litre/

Firstly, what in Nigeria has ever gone up and later came down?
Mhhhh GMB is really giving some people sleepless nights.
The United States of America, for well over ten days now have been celebrating the reduction in pump price of petrol. Same goes for Ghana and now reluctantly Nigeria. Abeg who says that healthy opposition is not good?
Waiting for more surprises to unfold as February 14 draws nearer. God bless Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by olas24u(f): 7:43am On Jan 19, 2015
daroz:

So fuel is more than a dollar per litter right now, abi?
Some people self, educated but still very much an illiterate.

Whats you point exactly?The message is clear ,i wanted it to be cheaper than the original price because we produce it and if we refine it it will be cheaper than that ,plus the price of the logistics involved in moving it .Do you think prices are the same in Nigeria,some people buy it more than 150 naira a liter in some parts of Nigeria.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Tibins(m): 7:43am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=18pt]There's nothing great about this news, first because it's long over due

secondly , 10 fourking naira ? ? ? WTF ... BARREL of OIL is less than half the price it used to be , I expected the pump price to be reduced by at least 40 naira

Finally, last minute reduction in fuel price just as the election draws closer ? ?

Heck No GEJ , I ain't voting for ya , sorry dude [/size]

If we refine alot in country yes we could get @40 naira. But we still import. By 2017, no more importation, then it will cost alot less.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Nobody: 7:45am On Jan 19, 2015
[quote author=brainpulse post=29916502]It is evident that Goodluck knows he has failed all Nigerians old and young, tall and short, beautiful and ugly, men and women, illetrates and educated so he is ..listen to ur brainwashed opinion, stay put nd watch GEJ back on track as again president of nigeria come february. NO amount of islam haram or failbuharism or even ur brainwashed speeches can stop GEJ frm returning to power come failedbuhari 2015.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Chuksgeo: 7:47am On Jan 19, 2015
Long over due, even its supposed to be #70
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by sirfemoz(m): 7:48am On Jan 19, 2015
Why y'all making noise about 14th february? On that day, vote whoever is ya candidate. Must you make noise about it? APC and noise making are just like Bread and Butter.. Gosh! The young man have reduced the price, better enjoy it while it last.. If he didn't reduce it, y'all won't do anything. Instead, y'all be inside ya bedroom with free data bonus and shouting over every online forum..

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by adepora(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2015
bro goodluck, we thank u for wat u av bn doing, we thank u for wat u have just done, Dis is not how u met it!!!!!! no matter wat buhari 14

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by berbs112(m): 7:51am On Jan 19, 2015
Tonniey:
God Bless you my president. Just knw dat people will still castigate you 4 dis reduction of fuel pump price, bt history will not 4get u as u ve included ur name among d presidents dat brought down d price of fuel.

If God say u gonna make another four years, so be it, bt if not, let's wait and see when d same people who re against ur re-election vote 4 GMB starts singing hosana in ur name after dey would have discovered dat APC doesn't even worth a wolf in sheep's clothing.

APC=Always Producing Clowns

If u want change, u will neva find it in GBM/osibanjo.

Mind u, I don't come back to read people dat quotes me.
May God open our eyes in dis country. Oil price don drop for most countries and dem suppose don implement dis for a while now.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by galadima77(m): 7:52am On Jan 19, 2015
DaBullIT:
[size=18pt]There's nothing great about this news, first because it's long over due

secondly , 10 fourking naira ? ? ? WTF ... BARREL of OIL is less than half the price it used to be , I expected the pump price to be reduced by at least 40 naira

Finally, last minute reduction in fuel price just as the election draws closer ? ?

Heck No GEJ , I ain't voting for ya , sorry dude [/size]

why do i feel like GEJ's government is making money out of us with d current pump price....?

2 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Azo(m): 7:54am On Jan 19, 2015
Volksfuhrer:

Your observations are spot on.

The price cut really provokes more questions than answers, with subsidies currently in place and the spectre of austerity measures still hovering over us.

But some Nigerians dont think. I asked myself these questions too and wonder why some people are too blind to see.

Also brent crude price has dropped over 50% and Jonathan drops pump price of only petrol by 10%. Crazy i tell you. What about kerosine, diesel and Av. Fuel And this is months after.

FeBuhari 14 beckons!!!

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Lucky77: 7:55am On Jan 19, 2015
THE FEAR OF BUHARI .... IS THE BEGINNING OF ........
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by shevon: 8:02am On Jan 19, 2015
Abeg, who get DRP contact details? Fuel stations around our vicinity have been selling for between N115 and N100 since November 2014. Now whey dem don reduce am to N87, these people need to be reported.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by gbounty: 8:05am On Jan 19, 2015
Please gentlemen and ladies I have a question. Now that Oga Jona as reduced the price of pms, is the other president (Okonjo Iweala) still going to resign like she threatened during subsidy removal scam.

1 Like

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by duni04(m): 8:11am On Jan 19, 2015
atiku07:
U sef na mumu u forgot we dont import de crude we produce it ode

We don't import it, and I'm the mumu? I feel like yabbing u but ur not worth it undecided
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by heywhytech1(m): 8:12am On Jan 19, 2015
Does the president think majority of Nigeria are still gullible!
this won't still stop gej from returning to otuoke come may 30th by latest....he thinks say Nigerians Na mumun abi?since wen did oil price drop for international market even if he reduce it to #40 per litter he is still not try because barrel used to be $109 -$120 now around 40-$45.Gej will hear it come febuhari 14. #collect your PVC because that is the only weapon you need to return uncle GEJ to his Otuoke village.

3 Likes

Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by 100Cents: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2015
I expect a fall in cement price, one week from today.
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by Etruth: 8:13am On Jan 19, 2015
hansad:

[s]Look, if ever Buhari wins, any day he is no more, a soldier from Buhari clan shall take over Aso Rock - nothing for Osinbajo.

Even if GEJ makes it free/litre, u shall not vote for him. Some people want to riding piggyback to power on the back of Buhari, not that they believe that Buhari is the best.

The carrier in pix is Buhari, the carried is Tinubu[/s].
Are you actually so foolish, or you are making a special effort at appearing so?
Re: FG Reduces Price Of Petrol To 87 Naira Per Litre by brace04: 8:14am On Jan 19, 2015
GEJ is a very good player.. We dont need the deduction any more. Only the fools will belive and support him. We want a very GOOD CHANGE. FEBUHARI will be better.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (Reply)

Wike Bans IPOB, Stanley Mgbere Declared Wanted, N50 Million Bounty Placed On Him / New Picture Of El-Zakzakki And His Wife Emerges / Fayose Buys Food For 150 Inmates Detained By EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.