Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,785 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:34 PM

Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins (29006 Views)

Flash Back: Osinbajo Promises Free Meal For Students / Press Release: Agbaje Promises Pedestrian Bridge, Reduced Charges For Ladipo / Jimi Agbaje Promises To Scrap Lekki-epe Tollgate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by Engrkay11(m): 11:59pm On Jan 19, 2015
A way to convince youth to vote ?
we no buy d idea ! Provide basic amenities nt free internet. Shey na dat pple go chop ? Or na evrybdy want write term paper ? Yeye pple !
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by Ana234(f): 5:20am On Jan 20, 2015
Wittylens:
If this is true , I will vote for him....

how will u kno if it is true or not?
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by djdavisy(m): 6:45am On Jan 20, 2015
I don't think this is possible... Jimi is just trying to famz yahoo boiz, bloggers and other internet users in lagos to vote for him
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by allalla(m): 11:21am On Jan 20, 2015
Mynd44:

Ask how he wants to do it? can the state afford it?

Concrete plans.....

This guy is the new clueless. To think I thought he was smart
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by adaweezy(m): 11:30am On Jan 20, 2015
Dewze:

Exactly these are the questions we should be asking, and not just brushing it aside as lies. I even hear some people here saying cheap/free internet is not a priority to Lagosians, what kind of statement is that for God's sake, in a time like?
is not when you have Light free internet will make sense?? if be reasonable
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by adaweezy(m): 11:31am On Jan 20, 2015
Dewze:

Exactly these are the questions we should be asking, and not just brushing it aside as lies. I even hear some people here saying cheap/free internet is not a priority to Lagosians, what kind of statement is that for God's sake, in a time like?
is not when you have Light free internet will make sense?? or be reasonable
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by Dewze(m): 11:46am On Jan 20, 2015
adaweezy:

is not when you have Light free internet will make sense?? or be reasonable

Free internet will make sense when you have access to it, be it in hot spots around lagos for all lagosians to use without pay or at least cheaply. I do not think Adbaje plans to bring free internet into your house.
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by Dwanye(m): 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
How does free internet connection better the life of a lagosian leaving in the slum or a child hawking on the street or a poor widow nd how does it affect the life of those leaving below #150 a day; creating free internet would further push people into poverty rather rescuing them from it; imagine businesses that would collapse. Please let our politicians try to set reasonable and realistic goals, once that would affect generally the life of the masses. I hope he is also ready 2 supply free computers and laptops to the beggars in the street. Let us find a way to tackle poverty caused by corruption,insecurity,proper medical care, electricity and not irrelevant things like free internet.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by XKZ(m): 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
bashydemy:
This Jimi Agbaje is as clueless as GEJ, hahaha free internet throughout Lagos? Even Obama can't promise that... craze dey worry this man.

Did he promise free 'internet throughout Lagos' or 'free WiFi hotspots in Lagos'.

Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by XKZ(m): 4:32pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dwanye:
How does free internet connection better the life of a lagosian leaving in the slum or a child hawking on the street or a poor widow nd how does it affect the life of those leaving below #150 a day; creating free internet would further push people into poverty rather rescuing them from it; imagine businesses that would collapse. Please let our politicians try to set reasonable and realistic goals, once that would affect generally the life of the masses. I hope he is also ready 2 supply free computers and laptops to the beggars in the street. Let us find a way to tackle poverty caused by corruption,insecurity,proper medical care, electricity and not irrelevant things like free internet.
God bless the Federal Republic of Nigeria

The increasing access to technology such as mobile phones has already proven to provide developing nations with further economic development opportunities. Increasing access to the Internet can, for example, improve low income individuals' access to financial services such as savings accounts and enable online trading.

It is also an educational resource giving students access to e-libraries, online educational tools and resources that they may not necessarily have access to.

A 2011 report to the UN Human Rights Council emphasised that "without Internet access, which facilitates economic development and the enjoyment of a range of human rights, marginalised groups and developing States remain trapped in a disadvantaged situation, thereby perpetuating inequality both within and between States."

Several countries already consider access to the internet a human right because it is essential in order for citizens to exercise and enjoy their rights to Freedom of expression and opinion and other fundamental human rights

It actually says a lot about our society that so many people can't see it's importance.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Right_to_Internet_access

www.digitaltrends.com/computing/un-declares-internet-access-a-human-right/
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by XKZ(m): 4:40pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dee60:

Use scarce public funds to pay private companies in order to offer FREE service! He may as well share public funds on the streets. Think that would be preferred.

Are you also against governments paying pharmaceutical companies to supply them with drugs that they then offer to patients at no cost?
Or paying private firm for books and other educational materials that are part of free education?
Or paying private construction firms to build roads that you then ride on freely?
Or you just take particular exception when it has to do with internet access.
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by naijaclinic: 4:44pm On Jan 20, 2015
So mtn, etisalat, airtel and glo will pack from lagos. Great. Tho that will be billions of revenue lost sha. Great thinking.
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by souljaboi51(m): 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2015
sokera:
na mumu, that is spirit of desperado, he thinks we are clueless like jona , he should tell that to jona and the south south PPl not to we the Yorubas we are wise and smart . Pdp in Lagos ? Never God forbide bad things
grin grin grin
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by fm7070: 7:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
I like Agbaje but I disagree with him on this
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by bashydemy(m): 9:42pm On Jan 20, 2015
XKZ:

Did he promise free 'internet throughout Lagos' or 'free WiFi hotspots in Lagos'.
Which ever way ask yourself is it possible?
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by XKZ(m): 3:01am On Jan 21, 2015
bashydemy:
Which ever way ask yourself is it possible?

It is. A number of cities have them.

Seoul, New York, Tel Aviv, Bangalore, Boston, Osaka, Perth, Barcelona, Brisbane, San Francisco...

www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-10-03/10-cities-with-free-wifi

mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/nyregion/pay-phones-in-new-york-city-will-become-free-wi-fi-hot-spots.html

www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-business/dublin-free-wifi

arstechnica.com/business/2014/11/nyc-to-install-10000-free-public-wi-fi-hotspots-in-its-streets/

www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/facilities-recreation/parks-venues/parks/park-facilities/wi-fi-parks
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by bashydemy(m): 7:49am On Jan 21, 2015
XKZ:

It is. A number of cities have them.

Seoul, New York, Tel Aviv, Bangalore, Boston, Osaka, Perth, Barcelona, Brisbane, San Francisco...

www.cntraveler.com/stories/2014-10-03/10-cities-with-free-wifi

mobile.nytimes.com/2014/11/18/nyregion/pay-phones-in-new-york-city-will-become-free-wi-fi-hot-spots.html

www.dublincity.ie/main-menu-services-business/dublin-free-wifi

arstechnica.com/business/2014/11/nyc-to-install-10000-free-public-wi-fi-hotspots-in-its-streets/

www.brisbane.qld.gov.au/facilities-recreation/parks-venues/parks/park-facilities/wi-fi-parks

Hmmm well i still find it hard to believe, Someone who does not know anything about Govt, WHo has never held any political post but promising heaven and earth..... i smell lies.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by XKZ(m): 8:37am On Jan 21, 2015
bashydemy:
Hmmm well i still find it hard to believe, Someone who does not know anything about Govt, WHo has never held any political post but promising heaven and earth..... i smell lies.

Well, I can't vouch for Jimi Agbaje but I know a lot of governors in Nigeria and in other countries went from being CEOs to being governors. Leadership skills is not confined to those in government offices or political office holders.
In fact often previous political experience is seen as a disadvantage, when the citizen want to cut down on bureaucracy, reduce government spending, speedy delivery of govt services and generally improve government efficiency.
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by Ayokunle07(m): 11:27am On Jan 21, 2015
bashydemy:

Please tell us how much Arnold Schwarzenegger knew about government before becoming governor of America's most populous state with the 8th largest economy in the world if the states of the U.S. were compared directly with other countries. These stories about not having held public office does not disqualify anyone from running for one!
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by bashydemy(m): 11:45am On Jan 21, 2015
Ayokunle07:

Please tell us how much Arnold Schwarzenegger knew about government before becoming governor of America's most populous state with the 8th largest economy in the world if the states of the U.S. were compared directly with other countries. These stories about not having held public office does not disqualify anyone from running for one!
Nobody is disqualifying anybody here, What i mean is that i prefer Ambode, someone who manage the finance of Lagos when OBJ refuse to release allocations for Lagos State.

1 Like

Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by kwenu: 9:19pm On Jan 21, 2015
ahh this man go spoil my cafe bizness for lagos be dat,

so for this i no go vote am
Re: Agbaje Promises Free Internet Access To Lagosians If He Wins by priscaoge(f): 9:20pm On Jan 21, 2015
@lalasticala Please check your PM.!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

PHCN Car Turns Bread-Selling Car (Photo) / LAGOS To Introduce Public Utility Levy (PUL) / Flood Takes Over Major Roads In Uyo Despite Multimillion Dollar Drainage (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.