Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,865 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures - Agriculture (38) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures (214143 Views)

Tomato Jos: Mira Metha, Harvard Graduate Who Is A Tomato Farmer In Nigeria / Green House Tomato Production / Cassava Production And Processed Products Made From Cassava (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by PharoahIII: 7:09pm On Feb 03, 2020
[/color]
jethro2:
Are you looking for farm manager, farm supervisor job?

Are you in need of fund to start your own own personal farm but need to work for sometime?

Have you been struggling with crop growing without getting any result?

Do you have some free space in your backyard that is wasting?

If you answer yes to any of the above, you should enroll to participate in our March training or subsequent ones

* We have farm manager jobs for succesful participants.
Salary + accomodation

* Your farming practises will become highly productive and financially rewarding

You ve got a lot to benefit from our practical experience

[color=#006600]

@Madam Jethro, seeing as you are the most pragmatic person on the agriculture forum, I have got a question for you, if you had 15m what area of agriculture will you go into; crop or animal husbandry. If crop could you tell me what crop(s) and if animal husbandry, could you tell me what animal?
Thanks in advance
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:58pm On Feb 03, 2020
PharoahIII:
[/color]

[color=#006600]

@Madam Jethro, seeing as you are the most pragmatic person on the agriculture forum, I have got a question for you, if you had 15m what area of agriculture will you go into; crop or animal husbandry. If crop could you tell me what crop(s) and if animal husbandry, could you tell me what animal?
Thanks in advance

* Crop and livestock at the same time

Crop... preferably pepper, tomatoes and onions
They are daily consumed in every household
Hence have regular demand

Livestock... preferably piggery
The waste will go for biogas
Biogas generates electricity and slurry
Slurry will be used for crop fertilizer
The piglets can be sold or allow to matured before selling

Note
I will first take time to understand how the system work before committing a dime to the venture

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by PharoahIII: 12:07am On Feb 04, 2020
[/color]
jethro2:

* Crop and livestock at the same time

Crop... preferably pepper, tomatoes and onions
They are daily consumed in every household
Hence have regular demand

Livestock... preferably piggery
The waste will go for biogas
Biogas generates electricity and slurry
Slurry will be used for crop fertilizer
The piglets can be sold or allow to matured before selling

Note
I will first take time to understand how the system work before committing a dime to the venture

[color=#006600]

okay madam thank you, with the crops would you advice rain-fed or irrigation farming? I'd like to know what your thoughts are on poultry too
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:25am On Feb 04, 2020
PharoahIII:
[/color]

[color=#006600]

okay madam thank you, with the crops would you advice rain-fed or irrigation farming? I'd like to know what your thoughts are on poultry too

Fully irrigated crop farm

I would suggest semi free ranged poultry using Noilers + Fulani breeds
* You will get both meat and eggs
Though they are not quick returns like broilers and layers
They are financially guaranteed with less stress compared to others
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:14pm On Feb 09, 2020
Hi
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by hargbolahan01: 7:10pm On Feb 12, 2020
hi madam Jethro.... please can I get your number because I want to do some agric biz and I would like to know you advise and how you can help
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 1:48am On Feb 13, 2020
hargbolahan01:
hi madam Jethro.... please can I get your number because I want to do some agric biz and I would like to know you advise and how you can help

Zero eight zero six four six eight eight five zero one
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by numen(m): 9:13pm On Feb 17, 2020
Good evening @jethro2,

I am in Enugu and will like to get your book on tomato. How do i go about it?

Thanks.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:15pm On Feb 17, 2020
numen:
Good evening @jethro2,

I am in Enugu and will like to get your book on tomato. How do i go about it?

Thanks.

Good evening sir
It can be send to you through commercial transport.
Delivery fee will be on you sir

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by icure: 6:58am On Jun 26, 2020
Good day house, please which is best of Rijk Zwaan Gamhar and eastwestseed padma
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by IamAsiri: 7:41am On Jul 09, 2020
Please how much is now the construction of green/net house using imported nets with bamboo?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by oneroflo57(m): 12:31pm On Sep 27, 2020
Phew
Finally done with this thread
I wish i came across this years back
Jethro2 please i would like to know when the next training will be i.e if you still into that
Thank you
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by oneroflo57(m): 12:32pm On Sep 27, 2020
jethro2:

Good evening sir
It can be send to you through commercial transport.
Delivery fee will be on you sir

Do you still organize training?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:50am On Oct 04, 2020
Yes.
I still organise trainings. Next class resumes next Monday October 12th
oneroflo57:

Do you still organize training?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:52am On Oct 04, 2020
Our next class resume October 12th
to be followed by January

oneroflo57:
Phew
Finally done with this thread
I wish i came across this years back
Jethro2 please i would like to know when the next training will be i.e if you still into that
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:53am On Oct 04, 2020
Good Agricultural Management will make you have great harvest of tomatoes
icure:
Good day house, please which is best of Rijk Zwaan Gamhar and eastwestseed padma
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 11:54am On Oct 04, 2020
Cost of construction differs from place to place.
IamAsiri:
Please how much is now the construction of green/net house using imported nets with bamboo?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by IamAsiri: 2:07pm On Oct 04, 2020
jethro2:
Cost of construction differs from place to place.

Location is Osogbo
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:07am On Oct 17, 2020
My books on tomatoes
There is soft copy and hard copy
It's N4,000

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 6:10am On Oct 17, 2020
Want to know what it cost in Naira to cultivate an acre of tomatoes, you have your answer here.

It's only in soft copy
N3,000

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by noblebaba: 10:46am On Oct 17, 2020
pls MA, can I have your email? mine is idowu761@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 10:12pm On Oct 17, 2020
adesola_yinka@yahoo.com

noblebaba:
pls MA, can I have your email? mine is idowu761@gmail.com. thanks
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Akposy(m): 9:51pm On Nov 21, 2020
Seun:

Ah, this is a serious question. I'd like to know the answer too. I remember reading about a pesticide with some nematocidal properties once.
There are many nematicides (organic and inorganic) used in preventing/controlling nematodes.

Neem cake (organic) is best at preventing. It is recommended that one mix with the soil during soil preparation.

Velum Prime (inorganic) is very very effective at both preventing/controlling nematodes. However, it is very expensive.

Other options are Furadan, wormforce, etc

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by ublight: 10:57am On Nov 22, 2020
jethro what do u think about cassava farming?
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by Nollygroove(f): 4:12pm On Dec 18, 2020
Do you know business owners in the agriculture and food industry?

Are you an agribusiness owner?

Do you run a food business?

Then you need to become a Nourishing Africa Member.

Nourishing Africa is a platform for agriculture and food entrepreneurs to accelerate their work, connect with funders, markets, talent, and celebrate their successes on the Continent.

Benefits for Joining Nourishing Africa Hub
✔Access and referrals to funders and funding opportunities
✔Marketplace to engage with potential customers, partners, and suppliers
✔Free advertising and opportunities to showcase your businesses
✔Discounts on key agricultural inputs, training programs, conferences, and services
✔Exclusive invitations to online and in-person training programs
✔Access to members-only data and resources to build your skills
✔Nominations for local and global speaking opportunities, media appearances, prizes, and awards
✔Talent matchmaking to find the best talent for your business

Application Fee: NGN 0.00 (FREE FOR NOW)

Don't let this opportunity slip past. Tell a friend to tell a friend as we all play our part in building a sustainable and profitable Africa through agriculture.

Find out more at www.nourishingafrica.com

Follow us on all social media so you never miss any one of our updates or opportunities.

Please reach out to info@nourishingafrica.com for all enquiries.

Have a great week.

Talk soon.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by samuel25(m): 4:41pm On Mar 15, 2021
madam Jethro, good day, can I get the description of your place in ago amodu, I'm in Igboho, wish to visit you
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by klbakare(m): 4:24pm On Apr 23, 2021
Hello madam @jethro2. your thread has been an exceptionally interesting read. Especially considering the fact you are a woman. but one thing I observe is that you had an ample amount of money to spend, otherwise your first failures could have led to total folding up. I'm happy you are eventually getting ahead.

I'm a new and beginner farmer myself. I decided to start fully after so much procrastination. However, I'm just gradually venturing into the realms of vegetable farming and I will be attending an online training on tomato farming next week by Kuch99, Thai Agro.

Please allow me to get a leverage from your connections at Mile 12 market for the purpose of selling maize. I have started my agricultural expeditions since last year with maize and cassava at Ogbomoso. But the way middlemen buy maize from us is so terrible and they are taking it to Lagos to make money. I find it quite unacceptable considering the fact that I use to be a Lagosian myself. I think I should be able to find a way to penetrate Mile12. In view of this, I will appreciate if you can give me any lead/a contact that I can relate with for smooth access at mile 12. I anticiptae your prompt response.

P.S: it's wet maize that I intend to sell. whatever inference I am able to get from the mile12 sales will determine how much I should invest into maize farming.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by jethro2: 9:10pm On May 02, 2021
klbakare:
Hello madam @jethro2. your thread has been an exceptionally interesting read. Especially considering the fact you are a woman. but one thing I observe is that you had an ample amount of money to spend, otherwise your first failures could have led to total folding up. I'm happy you are eventually getting ahead.

I'm a new and beginner farmer myself. I decided to start fully after so much procrastination. However, I'm just gradually venturing into the realms of vegetable farming and I will be attending an online training on tomato farming next week by Kuch99, Thai Agro.

Please allow me to get a leverage from your connections at Mile 12 market for the purpose of selling maize. I have started my agricultural expeditions since last year with maize and cassava at Ogbomoso. But the way middlemen buy maize from us is so terrible and they are taking it to Lagos to make money. I find it quite unacceptable considering the fact that I use to be a Lagosian myself. I think I should be able to find a way to penetrate Mile12. In view of this, I will appreciate if you can give me any lead/a contact that I can relate with for smooth access at mile 12. I anticiptae your prompt response.

P.S: it's wet maize that I intend to sell. whatever inference I am able to get from the mile12 sales will determine how much I should invest into maize farming.

Planning to sell fresh maize at this time will be disaster because the rain is here and many farmers will be planting for the market just as the same time as you
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by klbakare(m): 5:16pm On May 03, 2021
jethro2:

Planning to sell fresh maize at this time will be disaster because the rain is here and many farmers will be planting for the market just as the same time as you

it doesn't matter for now. the idea is to sell for a better price than I would have sold to middlemen here in Ogbomoso. I do not have the facilities and resources to farm maize and store for now.
Re: Tomato Production And Marketing. Facts Backed With Figures by moshoodtex: 2:21pm On May 15, 2021
Good afternoon, am in Ìjẹ̀bú-igbo where i do my farming since 7 years back, but my problem in tomato farming is enormous. The major is that only variety survives in our area, and its not so accepted in market in the presence of other varieties, that buyers would not go for ours when they can get another variety. Please, do you think reading your book could solve this problem for me? If yes kindly send your account details to my WhatsApp number 07056877756, I will need soft copy of your book.

(1) (2) (3) ... (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (Reply)

Cost Analysis/How To Setup Plantain Plantation In Nigeria With Pictures / Updated Price Of Grains And Location. / Modern Cucumber Farming. My 1 Million Naira Experience *with Pictures*

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.