Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,126 members, 7,835,791 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:00 PM

Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? (1566 Views)

5 Things Men Find In Other Women / 10 Kinds Of Guys That Find It Difficult To Approach/Woo A Lady / Why Do People Use Marriage As A Means To Insult Single Successful Women? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by promise46(m): 12:34pm On Jan 20, 2015
Having noticed a lot of men around me find it difficult to mingle with the very rich and successful woman,it got to me to ask my Nairalanders why this has been like this.
My previous work place , the M.D of the company was asked by a female colleague jokingly if he was going to marry a very beautiful and successful lady comes to the office to meet himand his response was" No i cant marry her , shes too successful".
From my own point of view theres this saying "behind every successful man there is a woman so why cant be applicable to women by saying behind every successful woman there is a man?
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jan 20, 2015
Men dnt find it difficult getting along with successful women rather some successful women make it difficult for everybody including men to get along with them
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Lisaflex(f): 12:45pm On Jan 20, 2015
Its not d fault of successful ladies dt d men feel intimidated arnd dem...D ryt question shld be "men, y do u feel intimidated arnd successful ladies?" cos i bliv u hv 2 get comfy arnd sm1 b4 u cn get along wt d person

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Jan 20, 2015
When u are twice richer dan her and u are not d controlling type it easy to get along wit dam but if u opposite of wat I wrote up it we b hard.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Oluwatosean(m): 12:58pm On Jan 20, 2015
The prob is 4rm the women
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Sanchez01: 12:59pm On Jan 20, 2015
Intimidation, maybe undecided.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by dotuna3(m): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
for the question u asked towards the last sentence of ur post.

success of a lady is not recorgnized or to be talk abt in african society. ladies in african society are ment to be instrument for achieving success by a man not them at the peak of success. when u are a succeful lady u dish out authorities which some are not pleasesant, most times your are less under control and what makes dis to happen is because what a man needs to be successful is all u got u will always want to see ur self as a man.

as for me i can't date someone like dat. not too good for a happy home.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Minet16(m): 1:04pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lisaflex:
Its not d fault of successful ladies dt d men feel intimidated arnd dem...D ryt question shld be "men, y do u feel intimidated arnd successful ladies?" cos i bliv u hv 2 get comfy arnd sm1 b4 u cn get along wt d person

they don't feel intimidated, rather they are made intimidated by proud women, who with out being told you can see arogance and control all over them. the men know that if they get married to them, they'll (women) be the bread winner, and wouldn't be controled. thats why rich celebs divorce like they are buying pure water

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Lisaflex(f): 1:09pm On Jan 20, 2015
Minet16:

they don't feel intimidated, rather they are made intimidated by proud women, who with out being told you can see arogance and control all over them. the men know that if they get married to them, they'll (women) be the bread winner, and wouldn't be controled. thats why rich celebs divorce like they are buying pure water
Rule no1..."Never assume"..Get 2 knw a person b4 u draw any conclusions (No 2 persons r cmpltly identical, not even monozygotic twins)
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Minet16(m): 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2015
Lisaflex:

Rule no1..."Never assume"..Get 2 knw a person b4 u draw any conclusions (No 2 persons r cmpltly identical, not even monozygotic twins)

who's assuming? you are the one assuming. i am not assuming. wish you could see things from my perspective. am taking from everyday experience, which sucsessful woman would want to be controled, am not saying there aren't any but you see them seldomly. and i never said any 2 persons are the same

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Chizzy20(f): 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2015
Intimidataion coupled with low self esteem

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by ronald4lif(m): 1:43pm On Jan 20, 2015
Chizzy20:
Intimidataion coupled with low self esteem

Agree! It's more of intimidation and being disrespectful than low self esteem, especially the average African woman
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by KillerBeauty(f): 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Its because an average african man have a big ego. And that's that.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by GoodFaith: 6:01pm On Jan 20, 2015
promise46:
Having noticed a lot of men around me find it difficult to mingle with the very rich and successful woman,it got to me to ask my Nairalanders why this has been like this.
My previous work place , the M.D of the company was asked by a female colleague jokingly if he was going to marry a very beautiful and successful lady comes to the office to meet himand his response was" No i cant marry her , shes too successful".
From my own point of view theres this saying "behind every successful man there is a woman so why cant be applicable to women by saying behind every successful woman there is a man?

I don't think men having problem getting along with successful women
Some of these women want to control the men
Think they are now wearing the pant
You can only have one head of each family not two
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by GoodFaith: 6:02pm On Jan 20, 2015
KillerBeauty:
Its because an average african man have a big ego. And that's that.
what type of ego?
Or the fool think she is the shit now
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 20, 2015
Dey feel intimidated
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by dlux: 12:11am On Jan 21, 2015
It goes both ways. We African men have got pride. Our ego often affects decision making. Now even an average lady with a degree will form like tolotolo for a guy who's more intelligent & promising just cos he didn't get the chance to pursue higher learning. Had a girl who's in the U.K doing her masters. No calls, sms, fb chat, skype or even mails since she left 9ja. Now imagine her expecting good countenance from me if ever we run into each other. Same masters program am pursuing here,

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by promise46(m): 4:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
GoodFaith:

I don't think men having problem getting along with successful women
Some of these women want to control the men
Think they are now wearing the pant
You can only have one head of each family not two
That's the point
the men are scared in future the woman Will want to control them
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by free2ryhme: 4:46pm On Jan 22, 2015
I think Oduah and Oteh can explain to u beta
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by promise46(m): 6:56am On Jan 23, 2015
promise46:
That's the point
the men are scared in future the woman Will want to control them
had a discussion with the security guard around Dec period and When asked what his wife was doing he replied she is a sergeant in the Nigerian Army
And the Toyota Rav4 the guy rides belongs to the wife which you wouldn't know until you are being told
Just imagine Techno crime guard being the husband of a woman sergeant and to my surprise they are both Igbos
To me i think it has to do with understanding among the parties involved

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Nobody: 3:16am On Jan 24, 2015
promise46:
had a discussion with the security guard around Dec period and When asked what his wife was doing he replied she is a sergeant in the Nigerian Army
And the Toyota Rav4 the guy rides belongs to the wife which you wouldn't know until you are being told
Just imagine Techno crime guard being the husband of a woman sergeant and to my surprise they are both Igbos
To me i think it has to do with understanding among the parties involved
nice point, bt the Igbo part mhen explain more
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Nobody: 3:24am On Jan 24, 2015
promise46:

Dumb a$$.
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Maamin(m): 3:53am On Jan 24, 2015
Successful women can be full of drama when they earn more than you..Arrogance and pride becomes her order of the day angry...and no african man can stand to deal with such behaviour. undecided
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by OGeeKush(m): 4:05am On Jan 24, 2015
tell u wat? most african men won't take this $hit including me.. coz u kmw, women when they gat the doe, it normally pull some crazy strings in their head n they can just go off anytime... the intimidation, the pride, lack of repect and worst of all, she aint gon' get tym for her family, the hus, the kids..... mehn, d advantages is jez too wide... so as for me o, ionno about anyone else, i can get involved lyk 'just' frnds. u dig ryy??
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by promise46(m): 7:06am On Jan 24, 2015
Advertico:
nice point, bt the Igbo part mhen explain more
well i totally understood igbo women for their ever increasing quest for money and getting married to successful men.Buh the case i mentioned earlier about the sergeant and security guard thing was a different thing entirely
Never believed Igbo ladies could be this submissive even when they earned higher than the man
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by tonychristopher: 7:45am On Jan 24, 2015
In Igbo land marriage is the crown of a woman no matter what you ears you must be submissive to your husband its nor debatable ...I don't see it as anything

When a man provides for his family and pays the rent the wife will respect him even if she earns more
Re: Why Do Men Find It Difficult Getting Along With Successful Women? by Nobody: 8:32am On Jan 24, 2015
promise46:
well i totally understood igbo women for their ever increasing quest for money and getting married to successful men.Buh the case i mentioned earlier about the sergeant and security guard thing was a different thing entirely
Never believed Igbo ladies could be this submissive even when they earned higher than the man
isnt ur comment recist? *no offence meant*

(1) (Reply)

The Major Problem Girls Have With Nice Guys / 5 Ways To Get Her To Like You / Please Help, She's Engaged Yet Can't Leave Me Alone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.