Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,884 members, 7,810,393 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:13 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (161) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307780 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anniora: 12:00pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hello all, I received an update that my application has been approved that I should forward my passport. No email of the request letter sent to me but just the notification. Please what are the required doc to submit along with my passport?

Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ogbenibayo: 12:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
nnwanguma:
Wow 23rd June, have already gotten update, 19th June no update

Same here...June 15th and no update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by anniora: 12:28pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hello house, good day. please I got a an online notification that my application have been approved and my passport should be submitted for further processing. Please are there other documents I am to submit along side the passport?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by codeworks(m): 1:32pm On Sep 16, 2017
ogbenibayo:

Same here...June 15th and no update

Where did you submit your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 1:55pm On Sep 16, 2017
anniora:
Hello all, I received an update that my application has been approved that I should forward my passport. No email of the request letter sent to me but just the notification. Please what are the required doc to submit along with my passport?

Thank you
The approval notice and your passport.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 2:04pm On Sep 16, 2017
james87871:
Good morning please advice .
(1)If i want to apply online ,how do i upload my statement of acct of over 160 pages ? please advice if it is possible .
(2) I only run 1 acct for both my savings and my company I don't pay my salary to a differ acct is there any problem because i only use one acct
(3) thirdly i have property without C/O only receipt and this agreement by lawyer is it acceptable
160 pages of statement of accounts, you must be kidding me. Only used 5 pages of 6 months bank statement to get 5 years visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
mesh2003:

I will advise you don't apply from the US. Most people have been denied based on" immigration status in country of residence". You are not a legal resident if you are on a visitors visa.
You can apply because I did applied for my wife last year while we were visiting Philadelphia through their new York embassy. The only problem I see in your case is that your travel date is not now. Your travel date is still next year, that means you have plenty time to apply from your home country when you get back to naija. In my own case, we applied 3 days after we got to US because we have to visit Canada that same month. Application approved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 2:24pm On Sep 16, 2017
Devaughn:
Hello to all the gurus in da house.
I applied 26th of june via on line route and did biometric a week after submission.
This are the documents submitted
1 Application form,
2 Schedule 1 form

3 Family information form

4 CAC cet and tax clearance cert

5 Six months statement of account .3M plus

6. Copies of my previous trips to Uk 3times and one south African, France
And a valid 2 years UK visa

7 invitation letter from my childhood friend stating that he's going to provide accommodation/feeding and reason for my visit is purely reunion/tourism.
8. Resident permit, canadian international passport and driver's licence
9. All my previous travel boarding pass hotel/hostel receipts, well detailed travel itineraries, places to visit/dates and list of travel history

10. Letter of explanation, ie introduction letter, purpose of visit, travel history, nature of business/work
List of places i have travelled 2.
And places i intend to visit in canada with dates Reason for visit etc.
Marriage and children birth cert all attached to letter of explanation.

My question is...
I answer yes to a question which asked if have been deny a visa b4
Cos ive been deny UK,CA and US twice
I only explain reason for denial
I didn't name the countries
So gurus in the what do u think?
Should I write them or i wait till am ask to
Man you already applied, any information or advice given to you now are just baseless. Have faith and hope for the best

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jawa: 4:46pm On Sep 16, 2017
travelpoint:

You can apply because I did applied for my wife last year while we were visiting Philadelphia through their new York embassy. The only problem I see in your case is that your travel date is not now. Your travel date is still next year, that means you have plenty time to apply from your home country when you get back to naija. In my own case, we applied 3 days after we got to US because we have to visit Canada that same month. Application approved

Sir, your application was not approved because it was urgent or because you applied just 3 days into the US, it was approved because the VO was satisfied with your circumstances and you would have gotten approved from nigeria too. Applying in the US is not illegal or guaranteed, its just faster. People get approved and refused. If an applicant is not a resident in the US, it is not advisable to apply there it's that simple. If the VO finds it difficult to verify the documents which link you to Nigeria, they'll easily refuse the application. They cannot link you to the US as you hold a non-immigrant visa. Ties to ones home country is what a VO is looking for and it it more difficult to establish that from a foreign land. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 6:14pm On Sep 16, 2017
travelpoint:

160 pages of statement of accounts, you must be kidding me. Only used 5 pages of 6 months bank statement to get 5 years visa

@travelpoint, how were you able to reflect all transactions covered within those 6-months with just 5 pages? Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by manlikegb: 6:19pm On Sep 16, 2017
travelpoint:

@travelpoint, seems like we can learn a lot from your experience. Applying from the US, how were you able to proof home ties? How did you sort POF? Did you arrange some documents you need and take with you when leaving for the US? Thanks for your time.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 11:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
manlikegb:

@travelpoint, how were you able to reflect all transactions covered within those 6-months with just 5 pages? Thank you.
My one month transactions was just a page even atimes two months appear in just one page.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 11:30pm On Sep 16, 2017
manlikegb:

@travelpoint, seems like we can learn a lot from your experience. Applying from the US, how were you able to proof home ties? How did you sort POF? Did you arrange some documents you need and take with you when leaving for the US? Thanks for your time.
I included my leave letter, my pay stubs , flight ticket from USA - NIGERIA, flight ticket from Philadelphia to Toronto and back to Philadelphia, hotel booking for 3 nights and my statement of account. I didn't fly to Canada, we used megabus
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dandeedadrunk(m): 11:38pm On Sep 16, 2017
travelpoint:

I included my leave letter, my pay stubs , flight ticket from USA - NIGERIA, flight ticket from Philadelphia to Toronto and back to Philadelphia, hotel booking for 3 nights and my statement of account. I didn't fly to Canada, we used megabus

Presently in New Jersey. Would love to apply for Tourist Visa. Plan to travel with my wife,but she's in Nigeria. I'm a bit confused on better way to apply. I sent you PM sir. I want you to explain few things to me. I brought up this subject of discussion.

From New Jersey. Sir kindly reply your PM. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by travelpoint: 11:41pm On Sep 16, 2017
Jawa:

Sir, your application was not approved because it was urgent or because you applied just 3 days into the US, it was approved because the VO was satisfied with your circumstances and you would have gotten approved from nigeria too. Applying in the US is not illegal or guaranteed, its just faster. People get approved and refused. If an applicant is not a resident in the US, it is not advisable to apply there it's that simple. If the VO finds it difficult to verify the documents which link you to Nigeria, they'll easily refuse the application. They cannot link you to the US as you hold a non-immigrant visa. Ties to ones home country is what a VO is looking for and it it more difficult to establish that from a foreign land. Thank you
My wife applied from naija but we cancelled it after over 70 days because we have to travel and no information from Canadian embassy in naija. I am not saying it is guaranteed when you applied from US. My friend sister was denied about 2 weeks ago. When you are a resident and you have a GC then you don't need a visa to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ogbenibayo: 7:10am On Sep 17, 2017
codeworks:

Where did you submit your application?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lamide123: 3:58pm On Sep 17, 2017
Dandeedadrunk:

Presently in New Jersey. Would love to apply for Tourist Visa. Plan to travel with my wife,but she's in Nigeria. I'm a bit confused on better way to apply. I sent you PM sir. I want you to explain few things to me. I brought up this subject of discussion.

From New Jersey. Sir kindly reply your PM. Thanks
Only you can apply from here.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dandeedadrunk(m): 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2017
Lamide123:

Only you can apply from here.

I sent u a PM sir
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dominguez: 1:34pm On Sep 18, 2017
Hello House.
My mum applied for visiting visa on the 30th of May, via the online route and did her biometrics at the VFS in Lagos on the 20th of June. She got an update last week that her application is approved. Since she lives in ogun State an would not want her to travel twice in order to submit her passport at VFS and go back to collect it. I will like to enquire about the service charges. Is she required to pay for the passport transmission fees and the courier fees, because someone say she is only required to pay the Courier fee since she did her biometrics at the same VFS. I also want to know how long it it will take after she submit her passport at the VFS to when the Courier will deliver the passport at her residence.
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DebsMed: 3:08pm On Sep 18, 2017
Dominguez:
Hello House.
My mum applied for visiting visa on the 30th of May, via the online route and did her biometrics at the VFS in Lagos on the 20th of June. She got an update last week that her application is approved. Since she lives in ogun State an would not want her to travel twice in order to submit her passport at VFS and go back to collect it. I will like to enquire about the service charges. Is she required to pay for the passport transmission fees and the courier fees, because someone say she is only required to pay the Courier fee since she did her biometrics at the same VFS. I also want to know how long it it will take after she submit her passport at the VFS to when the Courier will deliver the passport at her residence.
Thanks

Just the courier fees, can't remember the cost again now but less than 8k definitely. A week should do for the process, and someone could help her do the drop-off, my husband did for me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mesh2003(f): 7:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
OmoBendel24:

Well, I know of such cases too, particularly the one concerning my brother in-law, and it worries me because of the info I now have from this thread. The UK, US and Canada had earlier refused him but he has never agreed to the both refusals, he was later to get a Canadian visa and the other two followed and he will be renewing the Canadian soon and has bluntly told me he can not suddenly own up those previous refusals now having denied twice "mistakenly", dunno what to even advise anymore as of yet.

Advise him to say that he has been refused before and state the reasons. That's the best you can do.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mac2010: 6:01am On Sep 19, 2017
plz we need more info concerning Nigeria Canada embassy. so ppl we learn from their mistakes when they are abt to process their doc ..if there is any response frm augst doc plz let me know ??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:03am On Sep 19, 2017
mac2010:
plz we need more info concerning Nigeria Canada embassy. so ppl we learn from their mistakes when they are abt to process their doc ..if there is any response frm augst doc plz let me know ??

What then do you say or assume these 160 pages done so far on this thread is for? Please, read up jare!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by best2002: 1:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Applied June 29th
Denied today Sept. 19th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by codeworks(m): 1:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
best2002:
Applied June 29th
Denied today Sept. 19th

They sent email or was it in courier material?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by omidan21: 1:56pm On Sep 19, 2017
Dear house,
@travelpoint and others
I have questions which once answered I will start my visit visa process ssing
I need to travel to Canada around December January so I have to start application now

I will be resigning at my present place of work soon am sure latest by November, and by December I will be starting work at my new appointment
The leave letter to support my application will also be from this my present work place

But you know if I decide to fill my visa now I need to input my present work office of course I vent dropped resignation yet till November.

So i don't know hope my Dec when by God's grace e I ve been approved of the visa, my change of work place wont be an issue

Also I an traveling with my one year old baby, will I apply for one visa and just fill my one year old as dependant, or I will be paying for two SEPARATE visa fee

ALSO, CAN I USE MY HUSBAND BANK STATEMENT AS PROF of funds since he is the sponsor any way
And at the same time shld I attach my pay slips
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by KaptainAfrika: 2:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
The more the merrier. Especially if it shows that the two of you, are financially buoyant.

omidan21:
Dear house,
@travelpoint and others
I have questions which once answered I will start my visit visa process ssing
I need to travel to Canada around December January so I have to start application now

I will be resigning at my present place of work soon am sure latest by November, and by December I will be starting work at my new appointment
The leave letter to support my application will also be from this my present work place

But you know if I decide to fill my visa now I need to input my present work office of course I vent dropped resignation yet till November.

So i don't know hope my Dec when by God's grace e I ve been approved of the visa, my change of work place wont be an issue

Also I an traveling with my one year old baby, will I apply for one visa and just fill my one year old as dependant, or I will be paying for two SEPARATE visa fee

ALSO, CAN I USE MY HUSBAND BANK STATEMENT AS PROF of funds since he is the sponsor any way
And at the same time shld I attach my pay slips
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by scaezar: 2:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
best2002:
Applied June 29th
Denied today Sept. 19th

Hello. Please did you apply online or you went through the paper route? I applied online on June 26th fam. I got nothing yet
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gracey31: 3:10pm On Sep 19, 2017
Also applied june 29th online route and was refused today.
best2002:
Applied June 29th
Denied today Sept. 19th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 3:21pm On Sep 19, 2017
scaezar:

Hello. Please did you apply online or you went through the paper route? I applied online on June 26th fam. I got nothing yet
I applied for someone online on June 16th, no update yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mac2010: 7:46pm On Sep 19, 2017
plz don't dare me everyone has a purpose to write anything in this thread....in as far concerning canada visa...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by samclnt(m): 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Greetings, great minds. Please I need your urgent assistance. I applied for a Canadian visa two months ago to attend a 2 days conference in Canada with my colleague; and also schedule an interview appointment with the US embassy for my annual leave holiday after returning from the conference in Canada. Now it's been more than two months the conference has come and gone no response from Canada, I had to reschedule my appointment at the us embassy to attend on the 21st of this September since my passport is still with the Canadian Embassy. Now I've written to Canada about two weeks ago to retrieve my passport so as to enable me attend my us interview yet no response from them.
Please help, how do I go about this being that am scheduled to attend my us interview next tomorrow. Will really appreciate your urgent response, gurus.

(1) (2) (3) ... (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.