Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,654 members, 7,827,415 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2341501 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (1109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by kennykolabo: 2:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
Candybright:

The person that wrote his/her name in number 1, will come down and sign in number 1, same with number 2 name and so on. The family rep will sign the last/down part. Read the instructions on the paper
Yes I get that. But it’s online application. How will they sign? Since we are not allowed to print the form and sign with pen for anything online application.
Also, they say the form can not be saved on the system. Once I save all the stuff I filled in goes away. So how Will the family representative signed on the form online ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 3:16pm On Apr 15, 2019
Bimsebony:

The visa is for my mum.

Hi guys and the gurus in the house. Please will my passport get stamped if i enter Ontario, Canada from NewYork, USA ? i have a Nigerian Passport. and if it doesnt get stamped, how to i report the visit in my travel history for subsequent visa applications.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beautyaddy: 3:24pm On Apr 15, 2019
seunhandsome:

Hi guys and the gurus in the house. Please will my passport get stamped if i enter Ontario, Canada from NewYork, USA ? i have a Nigerian Passport. and if it doesnt get stamped, how to i report the visit in my travel history for subsequent visa applications.

Yes, it will be stamped by the Canadian border officers at the Canada border.

Do you have the Canadian visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 3:26pm On Apr 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Yes, it will be stamped by the Canadian border officers at the Canada border.

Do you have the Canadian visa?

Yes i have Canada Visa. Thank you for this prompt response. I intend to go by Land. Greyhound. Hope it will be stamped even if its Land entry.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 4:41pm On Apr 15, 2019
seunhandsome:

Yes i have Canada Visa. Thank you for this prompt response. I intend to go by Land. Greyhound. Hope it will be stamped even if its Land entry.
It will be stamped at your request.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beautyaddy: 5:31pm On Apr 15, 2019
seunhandsome:

Point of correction.

The stamping of passport are no longer usually done.

Your passport will be scanned to confirm your valid visa and entry into Canada.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 9:15pm On Apr 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Point of correction.

Thanks. But how do i record it as travel history in subsequent applications ? or if it is scanned, entry date has been automatically documented ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Menakay(m): 10:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Point of correction.

A friend of mine was in New York for 3 weeks holiday and he decided to spend 1 week in between, with me in Toronto, he took greyhound bus from New York to Toronto, at the point of entry his passport was not stamped, he told the CBSA officer that his passport was not stamped and the officer asked him if he want him to stamp it, he said yes and his passport was stamped. This was last week Sunday April 7th. They dont stamp passport anymore but if u want them to stamp it they will.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 11:19pm On Apr 15, 2019
kennykolabo:

Yes I get that. But it’s online application. How will they sign? Since we are not allowed to print the form and sign with pen for anything online application.
Also, they say the form can not be saved on the system. Once I save all the stuff I filled in goes away. So how Will the family representative signed on the form online ?
Print and sign, then scan it and upload. I think it's the forms with "validate" options that you shouldn't print even though I printed and stamped the family form and visa was still granted.
Forms can be saved in your system, in fact, you have to save it into your system to be able to access it subsequently for any correction or update.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gentlepal2k: 12:39pm On Apr 17, 2019
Good day gurus in the house . pls can I use the same passport photo I used for us visa application for Canada Visa too?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 1:37pm On Apr 17, 2019
I dont think so. Mine was stamped at Pearson. I entered from New york, although by Air.
Beautyaddy:

Point of correction.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 2:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
megastu:
I dont think so. Mine was stamped at Pearson. I entered from New york, although by Air.

It's true.
Stamping of passport is not actually important anymore.
Some cbp might stamped you while some might not.

Stamp or not they have the records
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rowon(m): 5:34pm On Apr 17, 2019
Hello my people. I want to ask if it is necessary to add my wife's documents like payslip, shares statement, pension statement and property document to boast my ties despite I am the only one applying for the visa.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MT: 12:01am On Apr 18, 2019
skdfu747:

grin No I am not offended.
I will handle my visa case based on the report on my GCMS note when it is ready.

Have you got the feedback on GCMS?. What is GCMS? How is GCMS ordered and any payment?. You can please post a link as a guide if you have got any

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dug82: 2:58am On Apr 18, 2019
Good morning all.
This is my first time here and I would appreciate everyone willing to contribute to my questions.
*I intend applying for a Canadian visiting Visa and I was ask to inquire what is required in the invitation letter.
* Is it better to have detailed information like bank information, house documents etc. sent along with the invitation letter or should I use mine. Though I plan going along even if am married as these may be ties to home.
Please advise on the best way. Thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heledy(m): 5:02am On Apr 18, 2019
Beautyaddy:

Point of correction.

Mine was not stamped at the POE....
I only scanned my passport from a machine that looks like an ATM machine

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by rowon(m): 4:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
Hello my people. I want to ask if it is necessary to add my wife's documents like payslip, shares statement, pension statement and property document to boast my ties despite I am the only one applying for the visa.I need answer pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by inspector1(m): 12:04am On Apr 19, 2019
Dear guru's, pls I intend to submit my application for a tourist visa come next week at the vfs office at lekki?
What are the things I need to expect at the vfs office!
Mind you, my invite is s canadan PR?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BOmum: 11:50am On Apr 19, 2019
rowon:

Hello my people. I want to ask if it is necessary to add my wife's documents like payslip, shares statement, pension statement and property document to boast my ties despite I am the only one applying for the visa.I need answer pls

There is nothing like over documentation but under documentation usually costs people..so include all you feel will boast your chances, you never know
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by musspuss: 10:06am On Apr 21, 2019
Yes, I used the same and was granted.
gentlepal2k:
Good day gurus in the house . pls can I use the same passport photo I used for us visa application for Canada Visa too?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by passionup: 9:35am On Apr 22, 2019
Hello guys, good day to you pls who has renewed his or her visa recently under CAN+? Did you add your bank statement as the VISA office instructions for Nigeria indicates that people under this category aren't suppose to submit bank statement but there is a provision for it in the online application portal? Which did anyone of you do? Kindly respond. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by IamVenus(f): 11:28am On Apr 22, 2019
@passionup it’s best you submit your bank statement to avoid stories that touch.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Damseleby: 7:10pm On Apr 22, 2019
Please I want to apply for a tourist Canada visa kindly put me tru on the steps to take.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 3:33am On Apr 23, 2019
Heledy:

Mine was not stamped at the POE....
I only scanned my passport from a machine that looks like an ATM machine

Thanks guys, my passport was stamped at the POE in Toronto, Ontario. But the questioning at the POE na die. i had indicated that i'll be visiting Quebec while filling my application, but changed my mind to be in Toronto after the visa had been approved. i had a compelling argument which couldn't be negotiated.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toczam: 12:51pm On Apr 24, 2019
This trend has been so quiet for a while now.Whats going on?Are people not applying for Canadian visa anymore? Just thinking out loud�
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 4:47pm On Apr 24, 2019
Hello guys.
Well done o.

I would like to visit Canada with my wife. I have traveled extensively and have US/UK visa but my wife has never traveled out.
We are both employed and have been for 5 years in good jobs. Do you think my wife's travel history would be a problem?
Do I need a letter of invitation for a tourist vacation? Im just asking. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bamcyburg: 6:07pm On Apr 24, 2019
MrTraxSta:
Hello guys.
Well done o.

I would like to visit Canada with my wife. I have traveled extensively and have US/UK visa but my wife has never traveled out.
We are both employed and have been for 5 years in good jobs. Do you think my wife's travel history would be a problem?
Do I need a letter of invitation for a tourist vacation? Im just asking. Thanks in advance.

You don’t need IV for tourism, just book confirmed hotel in place of your IV. As long as you’re the primary applicant. Your wife travel history doesn’t mean anything. So you can apply bro. Goodluck

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by NothingDoMe: 5:42pm On Apr 25, 2019
MrTraxSta:
Hello guys.
Well done o.

Canada and the US share information. Don't be surprised that the Canadian factor played a huge role in the last refusal because Nigerians eloped en-mass to Canada from the US. Especially bankers. I strongly believe that profession has been blacklisted.

I think you should give European countries a try.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunhandsome: 7:05pm On Apr 25, 2019
NothingDoMe:
Canada and the US share information. Don't be surprised that the Canadian factor played a huge role in the last refusal because Nigerians eloped en-mass to Canada from the US. Especially bankers. I strongly believe that profession has been blacklisted.

I think you should give European countries a try.

You are absolutely right, bankers eloped enmasse, and i truly i'm not surprised to hear that the profession has been blacklisted.

Please with a valid visiting visa to canada, is it adviseable to gain admission into a university while in canada on a visiting visa, and can i get a work permit ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:12pm On Apr 25, 2019
There are bankers and there are bankers..the embassy knows the caliber of bankers that eloped..nothing has been blacklisted..get your facts right
Ps:I am not a banker
seunhandsome:

You are absolutely right, bankers eloped enmasse, and i truly i'm not surprised to hear that the profession has been blacklisted.

Please with a valid visiting visa to canada, is it adviseable to gain admission into a university while in canada on a visiting visa, and can i get a work permit ?

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (263) (264) (265) (266) (267) (268) (269) ... (1109) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.