Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,616 members, 7,816,534 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:46 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (289) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2320980 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1100) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:49am On Jun 21, 2019
hayatou27:

Online is quite faster

This is deep into June! From now till late this year, online route can never be faster than that of paper, take this to the bank....

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kstings: 8:54am On Jun 21, 2019
Good morning All, I know everyone is complaining about processing time but I think mine is now on another level. I applied 27th of March 2019 and as we speak no update yet (applied online) it’s 3 months underprocessing and quite frustrating. I have sent two mails and nothing yet. Pls advise. Thank you and have a lovely day

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 8:59am On Jun 21, 2019
Wow that’s indeed a long time. Has your eligibility review changed since the day you submitted the application? What email address did you send your query to?
Kstings:
Good morning All, I know everyone is complaining about processing time but I think mine is now on another level. I applied 27th of March 2019 and as we speak no update yet (applied online) it’s 3 months underprocessing and quite frustrating. I have sent two mails and nothing yet. Pls advise. Thank you and have a lovely day
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kstings: 9:05am On Jun 21, 2019
oriazowan:
Wow that’s indeed a long time. Has your eligibility review changed since the day you submitted the application? What email address did you send your query to?

No both background check and eligibility status still been checked it’s quite frustrating. Since it’s online I sent to about 4 email addresses to london copied lagos immigration as well

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Woafavour: 9:06am On Jun 21, 2019
Online takes way more than 6weeks
They are persons who applied online since march,april and havent gotten any update

Candybright:

Online takes 6weeks for now from what I've seen. Of course it can be more or less.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 9:12am On Jun 21, 2019
Try sending to nairobi@international.gc.ca. Recently it seems like online application are handled in Kenya
Kstings:

No both background check and eligibility status still been checked it’s quite frustrating. Since it’s online I sent to about 4 email addresses to london copied lagos immigration as well

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kstings: 9:19am On Jun 21, 2019
oriazowan:
Try sending to nairobi@international.gc.ca. Recently it seems like online application are handled in Kenya

U think? Coping lagos and london again or just nairobi.... since I have sent an email twice to london should I copy them again?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oriazowan: 9:21am On Jun 21, 2019
If you sent to London in the last 2weeks I ll suggest you send only to Nairobi in my opinion. Please maybe the gurus in the house can suggest more.
Kstings:

U think? Coping lagos and london again or just nairobi.... since I have sent an email twice to london should I copy them again?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kstings: 9:23am On Jun 21, 2019
oriazowan:
If you sent to London in the last 2weeks I ll suggest you send only to Nairobi in my opinion. Please maybe the gurus in the house can suggest more.

Thank you�
Please any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by FYsol: 9:43am On Jun 21, 2019
Same here. Since March 28th. All I get to see is ghost update

Kstings:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kstings: 9:49am On Jun 21, 2019
FYsol:
Same here. Since March 28th. All I get to see is ghost update

It really is annoying and I know people who I applied before have gotten replies though late say 7weeks and above but it was replied... applied in March for a travel date at the end of june SMH it’s just sad!

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shammak(m): 5:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
hayatou27:

Online is quite faster

Yeah, got a PPR 6 days after biometrics submission.

Not in Nigeria though but I guess it's same for all countries (faster than the paper route)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shammak(m): 5:26pm On Jun 21, 2019
borvick:
Please Gurus in the house, l need to ask this, which of this processes is faster and better presently, Paper Route or Online Processing?

Please assist.

The online route is faster

Got a PPR 6 days after biometrics submission.

Not in Nigeria though but I guess it's same for all countries (faster than the paper route)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jj17cv(m): 6:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
@Shammak
Not in Nigeria oooooo
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Shammak:

The online route is faster

Got a PPR 6 days after biometrics submission.

The country should have a name I believe, this happened at a particular period of the year too, and you probably may have either been to Canada in the past 10 years or have a valid US Visa.... For Nigeria applicants applying from Nigeria any time from very close to summer, during summer to late in the year, paper route trumps the online route in terms of speedy processing time, please.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by XX01(f): 6:17pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shammak(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
OmoBendel24:

The country should have a name I believe, this happened at a particular period of the year too, and you probably may have either been to Canada in the past 10 years or have a valid US Visa.... For Nigeria applicants applying from Nigeria any time from very close to summer, during summer to late in the year, paper route trumps the online route in terms of speedy processing time, please.

I applied at Vienna, Austria

I do not have a valid US visa neither have I been to the US in the past 10 years. I submitted my biometrics on 13th June, 2019.. Got a correspondence letter on 19th and PPR on 20th June.

I guess it's due to the country and the purpose of visit but generally I think the online route is faster (was stated on their site)

The embassy tends to receive so many applications during summer so I guess that's another reason for the slow process.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shammak(m): 6:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
jj17cv:
@Shammak
Not in Nigeria oooooo

Yeah bro

It's Vienna Austria

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OmoBendel24: 8:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Shammak:

I applied at Vienna, Austria

I do not have a valid US visa neither have I been to the US in the past 10 years. I submitted my biometrics on 13th June, 2019.. Got a correspondence letter on 19th and PPR on 20th June.

I guess it's due to the country and the purpose of visit but generally I think the online route is faster (was stated on their site)

The embassy tends to receive so many applications during summer so I guess that's another reason for the slow process.

Okay. Understandable! Such short processing time is likely the norm applying from that location, may even be faster than paper route too in that location, but definitely not in Nigeria. We only enjoy such when we submit early in the year or are deemed qualified for CAN+. Moreover, did you give biometrics same day application was submitted? Are you a Nigerian?

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shammak(m): 9:58pm On Jun 21, 2019
OmoBendel24:

Okay. Understandable! Such short processing time is likely the norm applying from that location, may even be faster than paper route too in that location, but definitely not in Nigeria. We only enjoy such when we submit early in the year or are deemed qualified for CAN+. Moreover, did you give biometrics same day application was submitted? Are you a Nigerian?

Yeah, I am a Nigerian

Submitted biometrics 5 days after receiving the biometrics collection letter.

My TL �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hayatou27: 10:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
Shammak:

Yeah, I am a Nigerian

Submitted biometrics 5 days after receiving the biometrics collection letter.

My TL �
I think we Nigerians living in Nigeria dont understand the message Canada is passing to us. Theu dont want us to come for visit.

Make we fight to make Nigeria a better place.....Life sweet for Naija if money dey.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damikares(f): 11:24pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hello everyone, I applied for TRV n decided to share
filled my forms and submitted via paper route(husband ,wife &2 kids ) on 27th may 2019
Biometrics same day
Biometrics confirmation mail on 12th June
Mail that application has been forwarded to Canada embassy on 13th June
Final decision letter 19th June ..
Reason for refusal- family ties
.I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I traveled last year to Ireland with hubby and our first son, Our previous passport got expired so we did a new one for hubby and myself and we didn't submit the old passport but a copy of the visa page and all other pages that wasn't empty was made and submitted.
Please I need an advise on how to proceed, maybe I should get someone to invite me or I should send with just hotel reservation again and how soon is advisable to apply again. I will appreciate a prompt response. Thanks guys

Documents submitted
Reference and leave letter from work for hubby and myself
Appointment letter for both of us
Hubby last promotion letter
Professional practising licence and certificate included.
6 months payslip for both
6 months statement of account for both
Pension statement for both
Hubby timed deposit certificate
Reference letter from Bank
2 landed properties, 1 for each of us
Original flight ticket for previous trip to Ireland
Flight reservation
Hotel reservation (booking. Com)
5 pages cover letter highlighting different areas.
Family info form. Both parents for both of us still alive and my mother in-law shares same address.

Thank You
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nwaeze6: 12:15am On Jun 22, 2019
good evening I have a sister who wants to visit Canada but currently based in Malaysia with her kids running her master's degree please she doesn't have an I.V from Canada can anyone assist on how she is going to package for this trip since she doesn't have anyone in Canada but just want to visit the country while she is on vacation now and also any sample of how the tour itinerary and introduction letter look like.
thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by folmus: 5:57am On Jun 22, 2019
damikares:

Hello everyone, I applied for TRV n decided to share
filled my forms and submitted via paper route(husband ,wife &2 kids ) on 27th may 2019
Biometrics same day
Biometrics confirmation mail on 12th June
Mail that application has been forwarded to Canada embassy on 13th June
Final decision letter 19th June ..
Reason for refusal- family ties
.I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I traveled last year to Ireland with hubby and our first son, Our previous passport got expired so we did a new one for hubby and myself and we didn't submit the old passport but a copy of the visa page and all other pages that wasn't empty was made and submitted.
Please I need an advise on how to proceed, maybe I should get someone to invite me or I should send with just hotel reservation again and how soon is advisable to apply again. I will appreciate a prompt response. Thanks guys

Documents submitted
Reference and leave letter from work for hubby and myself
Appointment letter for both of us
Hubby last promotion letter
Professional practising licence and certificate included.
6 months payslip for both
6 months statement of account for both
Pension statement for both
Hubby timed deposit certificate
Reference letter from Bank
2 landed properties, 1 for each of us
Original flight ticket for previous trip to Ireland
Flight reservation
Hotel reservation (booking. Com)
5 pages cover letter highlighting different areas.
Family info form. Both parents for both of us still alive and my mother in-law shares same address.

Thank You

Better request for your GCMC note to know the exact reasons. They are likely to deny again if you don't address the reasons. Going with family member now is likely running away from Nigeria; it might be difficult to get the visa with no immediate family ties

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by damikares(f): 6:59am On Jun 22, 2019
Thanks

Better request for your GCMC note to know the exact reasons. They are likely to deny again if you don't address the reasons. Going with family member now is likely running away from Nigeria; it might be difficult to get the visa with no immediate family ties[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 12:12pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dual intent is present when a foreign national who has applied or may apply for permanent residence in Canada also applies to enter Canada for a temporary period as a

visitor
student
worker
Having 2 intents (1 for temporary residence and 1 for permanent residence) is legitimate. This section addresses how to apply subsection 22(2) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) to the decision-making process.

Subsection A22(2) states: “An intention by a foreign national to become a permanent resident does not preclude them from becoming a temporary resident if the officer is satisfied that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay”. Dual intent on the part of the applicant is therefore not prima facie grounds for refusal of temporary resident status.

Assessing dual intent
A person’s desire to apply for temporary resident status and permanent resident status in Canada is legitimate. An officer should distinguish between a temporary residence applicant whose intentions are bona fide and an applicant who has no intention of leaving Canada at the end of their authorized stay if the application for permanent residence is refused.

In assessing the applicant’s intentions, the individual circumstances of the temporary residence applicant must be examined; refusals of non-bona fide temporary residents may only withstand legal challenge when the refusal is based on the information related to the specific application before an officer.

In assessing an application for temporary residence, an officer should consider, among other factors, the following:

the length of time that the client will be spending in Canada
means of support
obligations and ties to the home country
the purpose and the context of the stay
the credibility of documents and information submitted
past compliance with requirements of the IRPA and the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) that are applicable to temporary residents (visitors, students and workers), as well as information available in biographic and biometric information sharing
Assessing an application where there are dual intent implications is no different from assessing any other temporary residence application. Each applicant receives the benefit of a procedurally fair, individual assessment. The applicant must, in turn, satisfy the officer that they meet all the requirements of the IRPA and the IRPR relating to temporary residence, before any temporary residence application is approved.

If an officer has concerns or doubts about the applicant’s intentions, the applicant must be made aware of these concerns and given an opportunity to respond to them. If an application for temporary residence is not approved, the officer will provide the client with a letter explaining why the application has been refused.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 12:44pm On Jun 22, 2019
Refusals
The existence of 2 different intents is not, in itself, reason to refuse a temporary residence application. If the officer is satisfied that the applicant would leave Canada after their authorized stay, regardless of the outcome of any future potential permanent residence application, the temporary residence application may be approved.

The possibility that an applicant for temporary residence may, at some point in the future, be approved for permanent residence does not absolve the individual from meeting the requirements of a temporary resident, specifically, to leave Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay, in accordance with section R179.

Example of a case for refusal

An applicant for a work or study permit who indicates that they have no intention of leaving Canada has demonstrated only a single intent – permanent residence. Their application would be refused, even if the applicant might subsequently qualify for the Canadian experience class (CEC) or the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP). This is because the applicant has shown that they would not respect the terms and conditions of temporary residence, should they not qualify for permanent residence.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 12:46pm On Jun 22, 2019
Dual intent should be mentioned if it was considered as part of the decision on the application. It should not, however, be the sole reason for refusal. If the officer is not satisfied that the applicant’s intentions are bona fide, and has dual intent concerns, the applicant should be refused as per section R179, with dual intent outlined as a concern in the application notes.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by prost80(m): 9:09pm On Jun 22, 2019
Hello All,

I am a PPR holder and want to apply for a visitor Visa for my parents. Which is the best online or paper? I am guessing online. Also which form should one fill the schedule 1 imm5257 or the other imm5257?

Lastly how long does it take?

I am not keen on supervise for parents , we prefer TRV, as they can have a 5yrs multiple entry as I dont see my parents staying more than 6montha at a go

I am leaving for Canada by next month for a soft landing.
Is it advisable to apply now or from there.

I will appreciate any advice or insight
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 9:22pm On Jun 22, 2019
prost80:
Hello All,

I am a PPR holder and want to apply for a visitor Visa for my parents. Which is the best online or paper? I am guessing online. Also which form should one fill the schedule 1 imm5257 or the other imm5257?

I am not keen on supervise for parents , we prefer TRV, as they can have a 5yrs multiple entry as I dont see my parents staying more than 6montha at a go

I will advice you land first, get settled and invite them over.

Processing time depends on alot of factors such as: number of applications received at that period, how fast your information are verifiable and other things.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SimpleDimples: 9:27pm On Jun 22, 2019
prost80:
Hello All,

Read up here please..

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/parent-grandparent-super-visa.html
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tolani4real: 2:37am On Jun 23, 2019
Shammak:

Yeah bro

It's Vienna Austria
Did you apply as Austria resident or Austria visitor

(1) (2) (3) ... (286) (287) (288) (289) (290) (291) (292) ... (1100) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Eriokanmi, isArray and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.