Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,213 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (376) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2305608 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1093) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 3:18pm On Feb 21, 2020
NUBIANkid:

I sincerely appreciate your response. Blessings

Also make a well detailed letter explaining what he will do in canada during his visit,the cost and why canada not Ghana or any other country ...why Canada this has to be well explain in the letter as a first time traveler..his chance are based on his retirement holiday ..a person work all his life and at retirement may need one or 2 weeks break before moving on in life but due to the current high volume of application from Nigeria..he need a well arrange documents and explained letter to back his application and prove he has reason to return with financially stability and not overstay or seek govt medical care in Canada .i wish all the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lifer1: 9:13pm On Feb 21, 2020
W
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kingston01: 9:04am On Feb 22, 2020
I'll advise you to visit the VFS OFFICE and lodge your complaint, you can't get the right answer here
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opomulero(m): 11:46am On Feb 22, 2020
afrobrown2000:
Greetings gurus in the house,
my wife and i applied for Canada Visiting visa via online application and was denied on 18th of Feb...did biometric completed on 31st dec. mine was updated same day and wife's own was updated on 2nd of January. My wife and i havent had the opportunity to travel alone, during our wedding(about 5years ago she was few months pregnant which our honeymoon was stalled ..we put in for U.S visa for birthing and it was granted she had a set of twins,we all went for another vacation just before the visa expired and found out she was pregnant...again we reapplied not via drop box and we where granted another 2 years visa. she went and delivered again.

Now she really wants us to go to Canada(maybe becos she hasnt been there) to end our 5th year wedding Anniversary celebration for 3 weeks together(2 weeks vacating and maybe 1 week visit her brother who just had a child) after all these years of hustling and childbirths..... I hardly travel just 4 times to the US only wife has a good travel history(dubai,US,Turkey, South Africa. U.K)...she is a travel consultant.

Documents attached(Wife was primary applicant, she works and we both have a company)
* My government employment letter, one bank statement turnover 12M balance of 4M,payslips,wedding certificate,House Docs,passport with visa pages..etc

*Wifey employment Letter,her personal bank statement turnover 24M bal of 3M, Our Company CAC docs, Tax clearance, Company bank statement (4months) turnover 67M bal of 5M, birth Certifcate, Marriage certificate, hotel booking,return tickets......cant remember if am leaving something out..

and we got this reply
*I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based[b] on the purpose of your visit.[/b]

She wants us to re applied immediately with the same documents.. and with some more which will try to be more explanatory on the purpose of visit....Pls any positive advise is welcomed
N.B All 3 Children aren't traveling with us and are all US Citizens[i][/i]

good morning, afrobrown,

please did you use one form for both you and family or each person fill different forms and submit differently.?

because when i go through it while filling the form i was confused
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iamtoby: 10:06pm On Feb 22, 2020
Good evening, my people.

I am writing to seek guidance on the Canadian Visa Application. My wife and I plan to spend our annual vacation in Canada this summer.

Wondering what application method is better - Paper or Online. Kindly let me know the Pros and Cons of each method.

Your feedback will be most appreciated. Many thanks for your kind assistance.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 10:15pm On Feb 22, 2020
opomulero:

good morning, afrobrown,

please did you use one form for both you and family or each person fill different forms and submit differently.?

because when i go through it while filling the form i was confused
Each person will fill all their forms separately

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 12:57am On Feb 23, 2020
afrobrown2000:
Thanks for the reply,
Yea i mentioned it that was just an information here only...i strictly filled 3weeks for vacation but in my wife family history information has her brother's name on it...well he just came back during Xmas but without his family.... Pls how can i strengthen my case for purpose of travel in addition to getting an invitation letter and making it known that we will sum our vacation by visiting a family member ....i really want to reapply cause our Anniversary comes up by May...

if am in this situation , l will request a letter of invitation from brother wife with his resident document,then a well written plan for the duration of your stay and focus should be your plan during your visit because the visa officer cannot see your anniversary as the main reason for traveling to canada but what your plan in Canada during your tourist and family visit all well explain in your letter ,which include a few stay with the family.then you need proof your children will be staying back in Nigeria during your visit to Canada maybe a notarize letter from the nanny or family member that will take care of them in your absent or proof their are in school during this period if they are of school age. I wish you all the best
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goobyparks(f): 2:49pm On Feb 23, 2020
Good evening all. Pls I'm yet to get a response on this�

goobyparks:
Good evening all,
I am currently filling my imm5257 form.
Pls can I fill driver's license as National Identity document?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 3:07pm On Feb 23, 2020
goobyparks:
Good evening all,
I am currently filling my imm5257 form.
Pls can I fill driver's license as National Identity document?

It not neccesary just fill your passport data where required on the passpoet infobsection and forget the national identity stuff if u dont have it not compulsory

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olokings(m): 4:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
Greetings,

Please any idea how long it takes for visa foil to be affixed on passport.
DW applied for TRV (Visit Visa) in January 10th, Biometrics 13th Jan. and PPR 31st Jan.
Passport was submitted through VFS Abuja on 3rd February. However, until now i haven't gotten any response from VFS for passport pick up.
Do i need to mail them or simply wait it out?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sunkymatete: 6:02pm On Feb 23, 2020
Submitted my TRV(visit visa)application at VFS office Lagos on 3 January then on 6 January my tracker shows application is being processed at the Canada visa office. Till then I haven’t heard anything, don’t know if I should message them or chill
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opomulero(m): 10:24pm On Feb 23, 2020
Candybright:

Each person will fill all their forms separately

thank you......but yhe form will b in one account or two different account ( i mean will the husband signup and the wife signup too)

cos i signed up and while answering the questions, they ask me if i am submitting for another applicant and i said yes after everything,the system brought up what to fill (it brought up my forms and requirement to upload and brought up my wife's section too: the forms and requiement) with this will she have to sign up separately again?

HOW CAN ONE DO FAMILY APPLICATION??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Echinedu1: 10:25pm On Feb 23, 2020
sunkymatete:
Submitted my TRV(visit visa)application at VFS office Lagos on 3 January then on 6 January my tracker shows application is being processed at the Canada visa office. Till then I haven’t heard anything, don’t know if I should message them or chill

if you submit via the paper route then you should expect only email when your passport is return to the vfs office and it less than 2 month so it still normal processing time
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ruben225571(m): 7:25am On Feb 24, 2020
Good Morning House...
please I need urgent advice. I am thinking of going to the vfs office to check on my application, because since the last update of my biometric correspondence letter drop, January 15 till now.. no update and I have send emails and call no reply at all... Please house what documents should I take with me to the vfs to check on my application??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dyce101(m): 1:43pm On Feb 24, 2020
Can i work with Conference visa ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goobyparks(f): 3:47pm On Feb 24, 2020
Only the main applicant should sign up ie the person sponsoring the trip. After the questionnaire, he/she will be guided on the required forms.
My husband is sponsoring the trip so I signed up with his details.
opomulero:

thank you......but yhe form will b in one account or two different account ( i mean will the husband signup and the wife signup too)

cos i signed up and while answering the questions, they ask me if i am submitting for another applicant and i said yes after everything,the system brought up what to fill (it brought up my forms and requirement to upload and brought up my wife's section too: the forms and requiement) with this will she have to sign up separately again?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Markab: 4:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
NO
dyce101:
Can i work with Conference visa ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by homirefacuny(m): 5:11pm On Feb 24, 2020
Hi guys.
I would like to seek information about visitors visa to Canada. I am currently studying in Germany and I have a friend who is studying in Canada as well. So I would like to get necessary info about the whole process in terms of docs. Thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 5:21pm On Feb 24, 2020
Echinedu1:

if you submit via the paper route then you should expect only email when your passport is return to the vfs office and it less than 2 month so it still normal processing time

In my own case, I didn't do biometrics when I submitted on the 31st of January because I did one in 2017. I thought they will send a mail about biometrics validity.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by megastu(m): 8:32pm On Feb 24, 2020
Your three children are all american citizens that means once you have your visa you can travel with all of them. That is what the VO is thinking, and rightly so.
afrobrown2000:
Thanks for the reply,
Yea i mentioned it that was just an information here only...i strictly filled 3weeks for vacation but in my wife family history information has her brother's name on it...well he just came back during Xmas but without his family.... Pls how can i strengthen my case for purpose of travel in addition to getting an invitation letter and making it known that we will sum our vacation by visiting a family member ....i really want to reapply cause our Anniversary comes up by May...
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 11:41am On Feb 25, 2020
opomulero:

You are on the right path. You don't need to sign up another profile for her. Just one profile with everyones application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goobyparks(f): 9:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello,
Pls what ID did you use as your National Identity document in the IMM5257e form?

Heffalump:

- Introduction letter showing emolument
- Leave advice
- Bank statements
- Marriage certificate and family pics
- Tax clearance certificate
- present and previous visas
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goobyparks(f): 9:12pm On Feb 25, 2020
Good evening all,

Pls is 5000 CAD sufficient to fill as "funds available for my stay" for a family of 4?
Although the balance in the statement of account is way above that amount (over 15million naira)
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by goobyparks(f): 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
Congrats to your mum!

Pls which ID did u use as her National Identification document in the Visa application form?

goingforward:
With gratitude to God my mum's visa was approved!!!!!!!!!

Online application submitted on 16th December 2019
Submission confirmation on 16th December 2019
Biometric Correspondence letter on 14th January 2020
Original passport request on 21st January 2020

We submitted every and any document that we could think of that would make her application strong.

There was a mistake on my mum's application, she uploaded the Application for Visit Visa twice ( in the place of travel history).
Thank God we discovered it and the travel history document was sent through the IRCC webform.

In my case, my mum was given a visa up till the time of her passport expiration.

I pray that for everyone trusting God for his or her own God will grant you favor in your application in Jesus name.
God is faithful.

goingforward.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kingston01: 9:33pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hello Nairalander, I'm so impressed on everyone's contributions on this platform, I submitted my TRV application with my passport on 29/01/2020, I received biometrics validity letter (BVL) 19/02/2020. Please how long does It takes to receive a final decision ? Just so bothered about that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Heffalump(m): 9:48pm On Feb 25, 2020
goobyparks:
Hello,
Pls what ID did you use as your National Identity document in the IMM5257e form?

That's not necessary if you don't have one. In my case, I don't have.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opomulero(m): 5:40am On Feb 26, 2020
@ Candybrigh Thank you very very much
Candybright:

You are on the right path. You don't need to sign up another profile for her. Just one profile with everyones application.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by geotherm: 8:49am On Feb 26, 2020
Wow that was fast. Oh it is paper submission not online. Well it takes 24-48 hrs to get final decision. Some receive it same day.

Kingston01:
Hello Nairalander, I'm so impressed on everyone's contributions on this platform, I submitted my TRV application with my passport on 29/01/2020, I received biometrics validity letter (BVL) 19/02/2020. Please how long does It takes to receive a final decision ? Just so bothered about that.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by babs4all: 9:24am On Feb 26, 2020
Kingston01:

I submitted paper application on the 31st of January. Though I didn't do Biometrics because I did one in 2017. I am yet to receive any information about my BVL.

Did you do paper application too and did biometrics?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kingston01: 9:46am On Feb 26, 2020
@babs4all, Yes, I did paper application and biometrics that same day.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kingston01: 9:48am On Feb 26, 2020
geotherm:
Wow that was fast. Oh it is paper submission not online. Well it takes 24-48 hrs to get final decision. Some receive it same day.

It's more than 48hours, since 19/02/2020
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kingston01: 9:55am On Feb 26, 2020
babs4all:

I submitted paper application on the 31st of January. Though I didn't do Biometrics because I did one in 2017. I am yet to receive any information about my BVL.

Did you do paper application too and did biometrics?

Yes, I did paper application and biometrics that same day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (373) (374) (375) (376) (377) (378) (379) ... (1093) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.