Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,341 members, 7,829,866 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (483) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2346158 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Candybright: 9:43pm On Mar 09, 2022
Kurukuru:
You can arrive at anytime in as much as the visa is valid. Mind you, if it is a tourist visa, you need to make some adjustments to travel plans vis a vis hotel booking, places of tourist attractions etc
Please if I may ask, is covid vaccination compulsory for Canada visitors visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Fyfygal: 10:50pm On Mar 09, 2022
Yes Covid vaccination is compulsory.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Queencyco: 11:14pm On Mar 09, 2022
PPR Alert

Mom's supervisa.

March 17, 2021 : 1st application using gckey
Biometrics request: next day
After Biometrics was done and confirmed - SILENCE
Several webforms raised - more silence
Dec 3, 2021 - reapplied using new portal
Medical request came after a week.
After medicals was done and uploaded, eligibility started on the 22nd of December.
Then silence again...
More webforms raised
Contacted my MP 2 weeks ago and she said file was in Kenya, eligibility started. No more info at the moment but I should contact them if I don't hear back after 3 months.

March 9, 2022: PPR Request.

Question: How long is the average time for passport transmission and getting it back? Is it still done through dhl? I'm trying to book her flight so I want to work with an estimate. Please help with recent timelines. Thank you.

I wish everyone a speedy PPR

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Deedamie: 1:21am On Mar 10, 2022
Hello Everyone,
i submitted a Visiting Visa Application (Tourist), Hotel Reservation, on the 23rd of November, 2021. This is the first time i will be applying to the Canadian embassy. However i have long travel history to other countries. I used the GC key. Biometrics was done 2 days after but since then, silence. Proposed Travel date is first week in April. I have read comments about a new portal. Should i keep waiting or re-apply on the new portal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by OloriOfMontreal: 1:59am On Mar 10, 2022
Been a while here. Hope everyone is doing okay.

Congratulations to everyone who's gotten PPR for themselves or family.

I haven't seen any spousal visit visa approval since my last time here. Most approvals I see are parents and kids. Why CIC dey do like this cry

Good luck to everyone awaiting an approval!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maabby: 2:52am On Mar 10, 2022
Hi please did you quote the previous UCI in your new application. Also how did you go about contacting your MP(do you have a template and email for the MP)? Thank You

Queencyco:
PPR Alert

Mom's supervisa.

After medicals was done and uploaded, eligibility started on the 22nd of December.
Then silence again...
More webforms raised
Contacted my MP 2 weeks ago and she said file was in Kenya, eligibility started. No more info at the moment but I should contact them if I don't hear back after 3 months.

Question: How long is the average time for passport transmission and getting it back? Is it still done through dhl? I'm trying to book her flight so I want to work with an estimate. Please help with recent timelines. Thank you.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eclectic139(f): 3:03am On Mar 10, 2022
Thank you.

oluayebenz:

No.

You only need to fill the second page of the consent form
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eclectic139(f): 3:10am On Mar 10, 2022
ikemummy:
Congratulations

Hi.. How long did it take to get your passport back after submitting to Abuja?
thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by maabby: 4:37am On Mar 10, 2022
Hi! Pease did you have to refer to the old UCI when you reapplied? Thanks

AyabaS:
Just got PPR for my mum.

Applied Oct 18 via GC key. Reapplied October 26 via new portal. PPR received Oct 2
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anjeco: 9:34am On Mar 10, 2022
Ikiloba:
congratulations
please what are the requirements for sending documents to vfs for stamping?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anjeco: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2022
maabby:
Hi please did you quote the previous UCI in your new application. Also how did you go about contacting your MP(do you have a template and email for the MP)? Thank You

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Anjeco: 9:37am On Mar 10, 2022
please what are the requirements for sending documents to vfs for stamping?quote author=Queencyco post=110900211]PPR Alert

Mom's supervisa.

Then silence again...
More webforms raised

I wish everyone a speedy PPR [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 9:58am On Mar 10, 2022
Congratulations! Abuja VFS is quite faster than Lagos, it takes between 1-2 weeks max, while Lagos takes between 3-4 weeks. Though you may have to pay a transmission fee if you didn’t do your biometrics there.

Queencyco:
PPR Alert

Mom's supervisa.

Then silence again...
More webforms raised

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 10:05am On Mar 10, 2022
Quote the previous UCI in the new application.
To get the contact of the MP in your area, type on google MP in XYZ Ontario. It will bring out their contact details.

maabby:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ameeria: 10:55am On Mar 10, 2022
Hello, I got PPR within 2 weeks of initiating the whole process

Application submission: Feb 26th
Biometric letter: Feb. 27th
Capturing: March 3rd
BVL: March 10th
Passport request: March 10th.

I used the new link. I have no travel history. I used my two accounts to show POF. I have a married citizen brother who invited me. I will be there for the easther holiday.

So my question, can I deliver my passport in person at the Lagos office? I used them for the biometrics

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Queencyco: 11:38am On Mar 10, 2022
Yes, I did. I made reference to it and also the previous biometrics.
I simply searched google for the MP of my locality. You just need to type in your postal code. The name will come out with a link to their website and email. I sent an email stating the urgency of my situation with full application details.

maabby:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Queencyco: 11:48am On Mar 10, 2022
Thank you for letting me know.

ami213:

Congratulations! Abuja VFS is quite faster than Lagos, it takes between 1-2 weeks max, while Lagos takes between 3-4 weeks. Though you may have to pay a transmission fee if you didn’t do your biometrics there.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:56am On Mar 10, 2022
Ameeria:

I used the new link. I have no travel history. I used my two accounts to show POF. I have a married citizen brother who invited me. I will be there for the easther holiday.

So my question, can I deliver my passport in person at the Lagos office? I used them for the biometrics

Are you serious?

No travel history and your application took just few days to be granted.
That's Grace o

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 11:57am On Mar 10, 2022
Anjeco:

Here....

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ameeria: 11:58am On Mar 10, 2022
oluayebenz:

Are you serious?

No travel history and your application took just few days to be granted.
That's Grace o

I think the LOE helped....I did a lot of explanation about everything.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 12:02pm On Mar 10, 2022
Ameeria:

I think the LOE helped....I did a lot of explanation about everything.

I don't think so....

Forget about explanations.

Your case is very rare, u are destined to travel into Canada this year, your LOE does nothing.
It's just Grace.

Congrat

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tweesy: 12:35pm On Mar 10, 2022
Congratulations on your Mums Svisa.
Pls do you need medical exam for super visa. I thought it was just medical insurance of 100,000 coverage?
I applied for mine March 6 ( after I became a PR) but no response yet. Through the new portal.
I have another application from Nov 9 through the new portal too ( visit visa) no response too.
( my MP) is following up too).

Pls do you need medical exam for super visa. I thought it was just medical insurance of 100,000 coverage?

quote author=Queencyco post=110900211]PPR Alert

Mom's supervisa.

Then silence again...
More webforms raised

I wish everyone a speedy PPR [/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ikemummy(m): 1:29pm On Mar 10, 2022
Grace of God at work in your life. Congratulations. I tap into your grace.
Ameeria:

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Juicy7: 1:31pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hello everyone
My study permit was approved
Is June a good time to travel for the September semester?
Or is it still mandatory to come four weeks to resumption ?
Should I just book for August?
Please let the gurus help me on this
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobiyinogal: 1:56pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good afternoon, please I would like to know if my brother who is a student can give me a letter to visit him in canada. What’s the possibility of getting the visa, thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 2:32pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hello, What were the submitted documents?
Ameeria:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ameeria: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2022
opezi:
Hello, What were the submitted documents?

The usual, POF, bank reference, Leave aproval work, host PR cards, my passport and LOE.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 4:07pm On Mar 10, 2022
Good day everyone,

I want to prepare and submit an application for my parents for a visit visa. The purpose of visit is for my graduation.

1. I need your thoughts for those that has done this for their family members on the list of documents to be submitted, my parents are both retired and no longer in active service?

2. Can i apply for them on my GC key account or i need to open GC Key for each of them, how did you guys go about yours?

3. Any other information you think would help like type of IMM forms to be filled etc?

Many thanks!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 6:42pm On Mar 10, 2022
Reapply
Deedamie:
Hello Everyone,
i submitted a Visiting Visa Application (Tourist), Hotel Reservation, on the 23rd of November, 2021. This is the first time i will be applying to the Canadian embassy. However i have long travel history to other countries. I used the GC key. Biometrics was done 2 days after but since then, silence. Proposed Travel date is first week in April. I have read comments about a new portal. Should i keep waiting or re-apply on the new portal?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 8:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
Update
Submitted Nov 2021 old portal , no update till date
Submitted another application February 9th new portal , got PPR letter today.
Can someone please share Abuja address just like the Lagos detailed one above.

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 8:48pm On Mar 10, 2022
Congratulations.I like this. Did u receive notice of eligibility and when.
Nadnad:
Update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bishopkinkin: 9:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Bro please can I contact you to ask some questions please?
Nadnad:
Update

(1) (2) (3) ... (480) (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: maziemeka2024, josephb(m), JemmyO, donteebalo(m), Singlefile(m), Esiman(m), olakunle10 and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.