Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,496 members, 7,830,499 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:56 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (484) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2347265 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1111) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 9:18pm On Mar 10, 2022
bishopkinkin:
Bro please can I contact you to ask some questions please?
I guess u understand now
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obyroli: 9:30pm On Mar 10, 2022
Hello everyone,
Please is it easier to get a visitor Visa if a letter of invitation is given to me by a family member.
I dnt have a travel history
I have siblings and uncles there.Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 10:45pm On Mar 10, 2022
Obyroli:
Hello everyone,
Please is it easier to get a visitor Visa if a letter of invitation is given to me by a family member.
I dnt have a travel history
I have siblings and uncles there.Thank you
letter of invitation does not really count to these visa officers. It doesn't show you ties back home or show you will return home after visiting .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iraybuju: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
I have a similar case but I have a wife and sister there. My wife wants me to apply for a visitor Visa asp because of a medical stuff we have to do. She is sponsoring everything but I dont have a good job and I don't have a good account statement. Please guru's in the house help me with ideals on how to go about it. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fogechi: 11:09pm On Mar 10, 2022
hello everyone

am having issues using the new portal, when filling education and work/activity side, i cannot continue once i includes my second degree.

eg

2000 - 2005 undergraduate
2018 - 2020 masters degree

how do i fill the work side to avoid getting error message or should i remove the second degree
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fogechi: 11:17pm On Mar 10, 2022
Gentlesoul3268:

It's happened to me too, what you will do is filling all the years occupy from since you started your education till date .

For example: 2001 to 2005 University

2006 to 2007 unemploy

2008 to 2021 working in so so

Make sure you occupy all the years without lapses

Best of luck

this is what i did and it went but if i include my masters between 2018 - 2020 it will give me error message. please assist
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 11:39pm On Mar 10, 2022
miracle congratulations
Ameeria:
Hello, I got PPR within 2 weeks of initiating the whole process

Application submission: Feb 26th
Biometric letter: Feb. 27th
Capturing: March 3rd
BVL: March 10th
Passport request: March 10th.

I used the new link. I have no travel history. I used my two accounts to show POF. I have a married citizen brother who invited me. I will be there for the easther holiday.

So my question, can I deliver my passport in person at the Lagos office? I used them for the biometrics
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by afrobrown2000: 11:58pm On Mar 10, 2022
congratulation the abuja address is there just read pass the Lagos address above
Nadnad:
Update
Submitted Nov 2021 old portal , no update till date
Submitted another application February 9th new portal , got PPR letter today.
Can someone please share Abuja address just like the Lagos detailed one above.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 5:28am On Mar 11, 2022
jogojogo:
Congratulations.I like this. Did u receive notice of eligibility and when.
No I did not
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 5:29am On Mar 11, 2022
letsfarmnigeria:

I guess u understand now

Sure anytime

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 5:31am On Mar 11, 2022
oluayebenz:

Here....

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International passport itself
- passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

Very detailed , thank you so much.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 6:56am On Mar 11, 2022
Hello,

I applied since nov 26th 2021, till now application is still in process.

My question based on your US visa , did you send bank statement or proof of fund ? As when I applied via the new portal , it didn’t ask my for any bank statement

Faithyyyyy:
Hi guys.

Just to share my timeline

Application Submitted Via new Portal

TRV Application Submitted : Jan 27th

PPR and Approval message February 23rd

No Eligibility review was done

Only saw Eligibility and Background check completed on the day visa was stamped .

Sent via DHL to VFS Abuja (takes 3-4 days max)

I had valid USA visa and also my trv just expired in January, have an application for post graduate work permit in progress too. Application was to renew TRV to return to Canada with my kids who are Canadian passport holders.

Based on the questions whilst filling the form, I qualified for the CAN+ I believe.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ameeria: 7:33am On Mar 11, 2022
afrobrown2000:
miracle congratulations

It does! Praise be to God.

So I have been going through people's inputs and realised that it has been mostly tough for some. I think apart from having family members there, other things that help are:

1. I work two jobs and earn quite well there. I added my employment letters that were really clear and my earnings were well outlined in my account statements
2. My proof of fund are in my name. One acc had a lot of movements while the other didnt. I explained why.
3. I had leave approval letter and demonstrated that I would even still keep in touch with work while away.
4. I had just renewed rent and showed that in my statement.
5. I have investments here and a finance. I demonstrated that too.
6. My LinkedIn profile corroborated my claims.
7. God was with me.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iraybuju: 8:11am On Mar 11, 2022
Please anyone with experience should assist me. I want to apply for a visitor visa. That why I am here. What relative documents could increase my chances. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 10:26am On Mar 11, 2022
iraybuju:
Please anyone with experience should assist me. I want to apply for a visitor visa. That why I am here. What relative documents could increase my chances. Thanks
1. Invitation letter ✉️
2. Employment/ companies registration
3. Statement of bank account.
3. Lease or landed documents / C of O
4. Marriage certificate or child birth certificate
5. Bond or financial investment certificate.
6. During and cover letter and details of what
you will be doing in Canada

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BitterSweet(f): 10:42am On Mar 11, 2022
Good day everyone.
Please i have a question. I heard that Canada will not give you a visa beyond the expiry of your passport, so what happens if i made an application and the request to send passport is made a few months to expiry of passport? I made an application since last year and still waiting for a response.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbems90: 10:59am On Mar 11, 2022
Hello house

My fiancé is a Canadian citizen and we are getting married in few weeks. The plan is to start processing my relocation immediately after the wedding. Spousal sponsorship for PR takes 12 months minimum, so we want to try the temporary visa route. I have the following questions

1. How soon after the wedding is it okay to apply for a visitors visa? And can we apply for both spousal sponsorship and temporary visa at the same time?
2. What documents do I need to put together to ensure a successful temporary visa application?

Please help. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iraybuju: 11:19am On Mar 11, 2022
Ikiloba:

1. Invitation letter ✉️
2. Employment/ companies registration
3. Statement of bank account.
3. Lease or landed documents / C of O
4. Marriage certificate or child birth certificate
5. Bond or financial investment certificate.
6. During and cover letter and details of what
you will be doing in Canada

Thanks very much for your swift response. In my case I operate a small business on my own, and my account do not hold much money but my wife said I should not border about it she will state that she is the one sponsoring. Also the house I leave belongs to my dad. I only have a piece of land which I don't have c/o for. These are the 3 things missing in your list now. What should be my next move now bro. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uju4real002: 11:32am On Mar 11, 2022
Wow congratulations

Nadnad:
Update
Submitted Nov 2021 old portal , no update till date
Submitted another application February 9th new portal , got PPR letter today.
Can someone please share Abuja address just like the Lagos detailed one above.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iraybuju: 11:39am On Mar 11, 2022
Is it only one person that is assisting others on this forum. Other people that have experience should also help to answer questions na aba..
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 12:13pm On Mar 11, 2022
Is your fiancee white? How did you come across your fiancee? For how long have you been dating? Has she visited you before?
Spousal sponsorship by a Canadian citizen is not that simple as you think. The above questions may come up during your eligibility review. With the training manual I saw for the Visa Officers processing sponsoring applications, a lot of issues need to be cleared to ascertain the genuiness of your relationship. They just want to prevent a marriage fraud to get papers
gbems90:
Hello house

My fiancé is a Canadian citizen and we are getting married in few weeks. The plan is to start processing my relocation immediately after the wedding. Spousal sponsorship for PR takes 12 months minimum, so we want to try the temporary visa route. I have the following questions

1. How soon after the wedding is it okay to apply for a visitors visa? And can we apply for both spousal sponsorship and temporary visa at the same time?
2. What documents do I need to put together to ensure a successful temporary visa application?

Please help. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jyde1234: 12:17pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good Afternoon House ,

Please I need the link for the new portal ..

Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beverlyhills: 12:24pm On Mar 11, 2022
You can apply for a TRV whilst you wait for the Spousal sponsorship.

Please lets always not be in a hurry to put in an application.

After the wedding, atleast let some time go by before you start with the application ... start with the Spousal sponsorship then TRV ...

gbems90:
Hello house

Please help. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Beverlyhills: 12:28pm On Mar 11, 2022
Get the code

https://ircc.canada.ca/visit-visiter/en/get-account-ircc-portal

Fill your form

https://portal-portail.apps.cic.gc.ca/signin?lang=en

Jyde1234:
Good Afternoon House ,

Please I need the link for the new portal ..

Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbems90: 1:08pm On Mar 11, 2022
Kurukuru:
Is your fiancee white? How did you come across your fiancee? For how long have you been dating? Has she visited you before?
Spousal sponsorship by a Canadian citizen is not that simple as you think. The above questions may come up during your eligibility review. With the training manual I saw for the Visa Officers processing sponsoring applications, a lot of issues need to be cleared to ascertain the genuiness of your relationship. They just want to prevent a marriage fraud to get papers

Thank you.
To clarify, he’s a Nigerian, and we’ve been dating for 3 years. Yes he has been in Nigeria a couple of times since he relocated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by gbems90: 1:12pm On Mar 11, 2022
Thanks for your input.
Is there a timeframe that is best for the waiting period before starting the applications?

Beverlyhills:
You can apply for a TRV whilst you wait for the Spousal sponsorship.

Please lets always not be in a hurry to put in an application.

After the wedding, atleast let some time go by before you start with the application ... start with the Spousal sponsorship then TRV ...

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kurukuru: 2:00pm On Mar 11, 2022
Good,
Document those interactions, photos, conversations, WhatsApp, etc. They will ask for those.
gbems90:

Thank you.
To clarify, he’s a Nigerian, and we’ve been dating for 3 years. Yes he has been in Nigeria a couple of times since he relocated
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Dewaaar: 3:05pm On Mar 11, 2022
Yesterday i saw a post that said airlines in Nigeria were going to stop operations soon if the fuel problem persists.
Some days ago it was the case of a train stopping half way to the destination and leaving passengers stranded.
I’m sure if I search hard enough I’ll find more stories. My point is that Nigeria can happen to you anytime and you go just weak because I can’t possibly imagine what I’d do if I was left stranded on a train because of fuel.
This is the best time to find a way to japa. If you have plans to move to Canada, this post is specifically for you.
This detailed step by step guide on moving to Canada was curated by someone who was living in Nigeria like you and I but now comfortably resides in Canada.
He has been helping make the move with this system “no hassle naija to Canada japa system” (this info is verifiable on google)
If you want to get this guide, just send me a message and I can get you hooked up!
Goodluck and see you on the other side.

https:///message/DDQUCY5AL6CII1
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jyde1234: 3:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nibray: 7:11pm On Mar 11, 2022
I will advise you not to be in a hurry. Try to gather adequate information before you even start, take several pictures together when your spouse arrives Nigeria before your wedding, after and of course on your wedding day, anywhere you visit, take pictures that covers the number of people present on your wedding day, prepare your text messages, WhatsApp messages and call logs from the day you met to present time among others. the day you met, how you met matters a lot. If you are on social medial like facebook, make sure you display your wedding pictures. All aforementioned are needed for your PR application. You can start processing your PR immediately after your wedding and submit when your spouse returns back to Canada. Give the application some time, once you pass eligibility and you discover a slow movement then you apply for TRV at this stage it might be very hard to deny you a TRV
gbems90:
Hello house

Please help. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BitterSweet(f): 7:43pm On Mar 11, 2022
Please help
BitterSweet:
Good day everyone.
[color=#990000]Please i have a question. I heard that Canada will not give you a visa beyond the expiry of your passport, so what happens if i made an application and the request to send passport is made a few months to expiry of passport? I made an application since last year and still waiting for a response.

(1) (2) (3) ... (481) (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) ... (1111) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: emmy6k(m), ZUBY77(m), MayorOfEdmonton and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.