Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,273 members, 7,829,612 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:31 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (485) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2345701 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (1110) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Joyn1234: 9:31pm On Mar 11, 2022
Renew your passport and update IRCC of the new passport when is issued.

quote author=BitterSweet post=110953111]Please help
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iwale: 9:42pm On Mar 11, 2022
Renew nd update ircc with webform
BitterSweet:
Please help

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by iskilayodele: 6:48am On Mar 12, 2022
Pls, how long does it take for IRCC to reply webform? I uploaded my biometric receipt fee 7 days ago and I haven't heard from them
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deebla: 2:41pm On Mar 12, 2022
Hello Nairalanders,

This is my first post in a looong time and I salute everybody in the house.

My parents and brother applied for visitor visa to visit me since last August but no response till now. I am reading here and discovered I might have to apply through the new portal.

The process in the new portal has started and managed all of their application in a group. However, when they completed all the forms, only the following documents were asked to be uploaded.

Parents (compulsory doc)
-National ID card
-Data page
-Marriage cert

Optional
-Consent personal information
-Employment letter (strange, since they are both retired)
-Additional docs

Brother (Compulsory doc)
Data page

Optional
-Employment letter (even the description of this letter says "from employer in Canada". Sooo strange)
-Additional docs

I am just a little confused. There is no ask of my invitation letter, my canadian passport, my bank statement (since I will be sponsoring them for flights and staying with me) and other documents that prove ties back to Nigeria. This is the 2nd time I am applying for them and the process was a little different then and more documents and forms were needed to be provided . First time was in 2018, they were all given visas and they only spent 3 weeks here but visas are now expired

Profiles
Parents are retired
Brother is in post grad school in nigeria and also working, he is single and has no national identity card
I am inviting them and I am a Canadian Citizen

Thanks in advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Joyn1234: 8:31pm On Mar 12, 2022
Greetings...

Guess you are PR/Citizen. IRCC can always get your details, they don’t need to ask.

Secondly, the optional ones is an opportunity to upload all the documents(like you mentioned) you think will aid the application.

The IT apps they upgraded to has made the new portal easier and more concise.

Employment letter in Canada, I think you can use sponsor’s employment letter or CAC documents if in business, whether the person is in Canada or outside.

It will sure end in Praise!

deebla:
Hello Nairalanders,

This is my first post in a looong time and I salute everybody in the house.

My parents and brother applied for visitor visa to visit me since last August but no response till now. I am reading here and discovered I might have to apply through the new portal.

The process in the new portal has started and managed all of their application in a group. However, when they completed all the forms, only the following documents were asked to be uploaded.

Parents (compulsory doc)
-National ID card
-Data page
-Marriage cert

Optional
-Employment letter (strange, since they are both retired)
-Additional docs

Brother (Compulsory doc)
Data page

Optional
-Employment letter (even the description of this letter says "from employer in Canada". Sooo strange)
-Additional docs

I am just a little confused. There is no ask of my invitation letter, my canadian passport, my bank statement (since I will be sponsoring them for flights and staying with me) and other documents that prove ties back to Nigeria. This is the 2nd time I am applying for them and the process was a little different then and more documents and forms were needed to be provided . First time was in 2018, they were all given visas and they only spent 3 weeks here but visas are now expired

Profiles
Parents are retired
Brother is in post grad school in nigeria and also working, he is single and has no national identity card
I am inviting them and I am a Canadian Citizen

Thanks in advance
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Tohmee07: 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2022
ikemummy:
Please reapply ASAP using the new portal. To the best of my knowledge, medicals is not required for visitor visa.

Thank you. But will I have to pay another fee and start the process all over again ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 8:02am On Mar 13, 2022
You are starting the process all over and you are also paying new application fee except for Biometrics. In your new application do quote your old UCI.

Tohmee07:

Thank you. But will I have to pay another fee and start the process all over again ?

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by deebla: 1:55pm On Mar 13, 2022
Thanks a lot for this insight. I will include all the documents in the additional docs area as suggested.

Thanks again, deeply appreciated!

Joyn1234:
Greetings...

Guess you are PR/Citizen. IRCC can always get your details, they don’t need to ask.

Secondly, the optional ones is an opportunity to upload all the documents(like you mentioned) you think will aid the application.

The IT apps they upgraded to has made the new portal easier and more concise.

Employment letter in Canada, I think you can use sponsor’s employment letter or CAC documents if in business, whether the person is in Canada or outside.

It will sure end in Praise!

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobiyinogal: 2:35pm On Mar 13, 2022
Good afternoon please I would like to know the chances of getting a visiting visa if am going to visit my brother who is a student.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 4:26pm On Mar 13, 2022
No one can say for sure! Whether your application will be approved or refused depends on how well packaged it is.

Mobiyinogal:
Good afternoon please I would like to know the chances of getting a visiting visa if am going to visit my brother who is a student.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mobiyinogal: 4:33pm On Mar 13, 2022
ami213:
No one can say for sure! Whether your application will be approved or refused depends on how well packaged it is.

thanks for your response

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 5:29pm On Mar 13, 2022
I will advise you to surf through this forum, you will find the answers to your questions there.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/spousal-sponsorship.46995/

gbems90:
Hello house

My fiancé is a Canadian citizen and we are getting married in few weeks. The plan is to start processing my relocation immediately after the wedding. Spousal sponsorship for PR takes 12 months minimum, so we want to try the temporary visa route. I have the following questions

1. How soon after the wedding is it okay to apply for a visitors visa? And can we apply for both spousal sponsorship and temporary visa at the same time?
2. What documents do I need to put together to ensure a successful temporary visa application?

Please help. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Stevwonders: 8:43pm On Mar 14, 2022
Hello everyone, I was recently issued a US tourist visa, while my wife qualifies for the ESTA program. We plan on visiting Toronto since it's closer to our destination in the US. I am a German resident permit holder, but she is a German citizen. What are the chances of me getting the visa? Also, how do I go about it?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:48pm On Mar 14, 2022
Stevwonders:
Hello everyone, I was recently issued a US tourist visa, while my wife qualifies for the ESTA program. We plan on visiting Toronto since it's closer to our destination in the US. I am a German resident permit holder, but she is a German citizen. What are the chances of me getting the visa? Also, how do I go about it?

Your chance of getting it is high if you package your application well.

Include;
-cover / introduction letter

-your wife passport data page and your German residency card.

- Travel itinerary showing your family proposed US and Canada visit.

-Your marriage certificate & family photos

-Your financial statement
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 7:11am On Mar 15, 2022
Stevwonders:
just visit the Canada immigration website and apply. They cant deny you with this kind of profile. No one with residency in Germany will go over stay in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Stevwonders: 10:33am On Mar 15, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

Your chance of getting it is high if you package your application well.

Include;
-cover / introduction letter

-your wife passport data page and your German residency card.

- Travel itinerary showing your family proposed US and Canada visit.

-Your marriage certificate & family photos

-Your financial statement

Thanks for the positive response. I would make ready all document and apply
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Stevwonders: 10:36am On Mar 15, 2022
ednut1:
just visit the Canada immigration website and apply. They cant deny you with this kind of profile. No one with residency in Germany will go over stay in Canada

Thanks for responding.. Would apply asap �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 11:49am On Mar 15, 2022
Also attach work documents like your appointment letter and payslips to show source of funds or business docs if you're running a business
Stevwonders:

Thanks for responding.. Would apply asap �
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PrincessAyo83(f): 1:01pm On Mar 15, 2022
Congratulations on your mum visa.

Please I will like to know the step by step guidelines and documents you used to apply for your mum.

I plan to apply for visiting visa for my mum.

thejokist:
Hi everyone

Wanted to post the timeline for my mum’s visitors visa application

Application submitted - January 19 2022
Biometrics done and completed - January 25 2022
Passport request - February 21 2022

I am a PR and applied for my mum.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 2:10pm On Mar 15, 2022
Debbieeeeeee:

I also applied again with my husband in December, since first one is still pending. I'm awaiting a response

How far as per your application? I applied for my wife since December 1st 2021 but no response from them yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 2:47pm On Mar 15, 2022
Did you apply for visiting?
Did you use GC Key or New Portal?

Ashirioluwa:

How far as per your application? I applied for my wife since December 1st 2021 but no response from them yet.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 6:02pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lezy:
Did you apply for visiting?
Did you use GC Key or New Portal?

Visiting / new portal

Travel date supposed to be March 9
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by weezy92: 7:24pm On Mar 15, 2022
Hello fam I’m planning of applying for a Canadian tourist visa. Gurus I want to know my chances of getting the visa. Im attending an academic conference This is my profiles. Im an international student in Germany with 2 years resident permit, Detailed invitation letter, recommendation letter from my course codinator, valid uk visa. Flight confirmation’s, internally, good bank standing, salary slips.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 9:56pm On Mar 15, 2022
Hello Debbie, any progress with your application?

I have been waiting since nov 26th ooo.

Seems my visa office is slow or has a lot of backlogs . What is your visa office ?

Any nov applicant gotten respond?

Was wondering is there anyone who is had a valid us visa and applied via new portal get an Additional document request to support proof of fund / or statement of account? Just curious because

Debbieeeeeee:

I also applied again with my husband in December, since first one is still pending. I'm awaiting a response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 10:23pm On Mar 15, 2022
Is like IRCC is not attending to individual visiting application as yet. Family reunion is the common PPRs I noticed.

Let's hope for the best by end of this month. It will end in praise.

Ashirioluwa:

Visiting / new portal

Travel date supposed to be March 9

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by eclectic139(f): 10:45pm On Mar 15, 2022
We've gotten Passport back from Abuja, took about a a week from sending to getting back in PH.

eclectic139:
ok cool. thank you.
We just got PPR today.

Timeline
Applied through old portal June 2021
Reapplied through new portal January 24th 2022 or so.
Received PPR email today - March 3.

Please what's the process for sending passport through DHL to abuja?
How do we pay the visa fees since the person wont be present at the visa office to drop the passport.
Thank you.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:49pm On Mar 15, 2022
Lezy:
Is like IRCC is not attending to individual visiting application as yet. Family reunion is the common PPRs I noticed.

Let's hope for the best by end of this month. It will end in praise.

Ok thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Stevwonders: 2:27am On Mar 16, 2022
opezi:
Also attach work documents like your appointment letter and payslips to show source of funds or business docs if you're running a business

Noted! Thanks Opezi
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by umeme: 11:28am On Mar 16, 2022
Gd day house, please how much is canadian visa and Biometrics fee, and can i pay with my access bank naira card?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Amicableoga: 12:07pm On Mar 16, 2022
Please which country do l send webform for a missed document if l have applied for a visitor visa?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 4:47pm On Mar 16, 2022
You can't pay with your Naira card
The amount will show when you are about to submit
umeme:
Gd day house, please how much is canadian visa and Biometrics fee, and can i pay with my access bank naira card?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jogojogo: 4:50pm On Mar 16, 2022
I think is Nairobi in Kenya
Amicableoga:
Please which country do l send webform for a missed document if l have applied for a visitor visa?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (482) (483) (484) (485) (486) (487) (488) ... (1110) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: maxwellontop(m), mamawa123 and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.