Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,030 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (488) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2326497 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 5:42pm On Mar 21, 2022
ditha:
I think you are actually wrong:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5865E.pdf
"Proof of funds:
If you are paying for your own trip, you must submit proof of sufficient funds to cover your travel and expenses in Canada.
Provide the following:
 Original bank statements from your personal account for the past six months;

The highlighted means the statement should be recent.- your financial situation can change a lot in 4months.

although IRCC does not have a specific rule in this regard, it is advisable to provide very recent and authentic documents, especially considering how applications from Nigeria are thoroughly scrutinized

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 5:43pm On Mar 21, 2022
Apparently, I don’t have a link to back this up. This was argued in Canadavisa.com forum sometimes in September when “IRCC recommended that applications submitted before September 7 2021 should be resubmitted”. People who applied as far as June resubmitted the same documents and there application was approved. Some few people on Nairaland did the same thing when they were asked if they uploaded new documents.

A friend of mine SP application was refused after 3months based on purpose of visit and family ties, she reapplied using same bank statements and her application was approved.

You are very correct and I totally agree with this point of yours: [although IRCC does not have a specific rule in this regard, it is advisable to provide very recent and authentic documents, especially considering how applications from Nigeria are thoroughly scrutinized]

I am just saying that it is very possible to REAPPLY (a reapplication not a new one) with SOA that is more than a month old.

ditha:
I think you are actually wrong:
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5865E.pdf
"Proof of funds:
If you are paying for your own trip, you must submit proof of sufficient funds to cover your travel and expenses in Canada.
Provide the following:
 Original bank statements from your personal account for the past six months;

The highlighted means the statement should be recent.- your financial situation can change a lot in 4months.

although IRCC does not have a specific rule in this regard, it is advisable to provide very recent and authentic documents, especially considering how applications from Nigeria are thoroughly scrutinized

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Obyroli: 7:12pm On Mar 21, 2022
iraybuju:
I have a similar case but I have a wife and sister there. My wife wants me to apply for a visitor Visa asp because of a medical stuff we have to do. She is sponsoring everything but I dont have a good job and I don't have a good account statement. Please guru's in the house help me with ideals on how to go about it. Thanks
Hello, pls have u started the process.?
Kindly update me cos,I dnt know where to start.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EffortlessGrace: 8:36pm On Mar 21, 2022
HOW DO YOU MEAN?

ednut1:
conference cannot be attended virtually through zoom or windows meet some people are funny sha
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by EffortlessGrace: 10:06pm On Mar 21, 2022
PLEASE IS THERE ANY WAY TO UPLOAD PASSPORT PHOTOGRAPH IN THE NEW PORTAL APPLICATION ?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starrez: 12:14pm On Mar 22, 2022
Please what is the difference between applying on the new portal and the old portal.

I already started on the old portal.

Kindly help advise
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Momopewa: 1:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hello House, please apart from the Proof of Funds, what other supporting documents do i need to upload for Canada visiting visa. I am a civil servant and currently filling the form through the new portal. Secondly like how much do i need to have on the POF.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 2:34pm On Mar 22, 2022
Since you’re a civil servant, you may include this;
Appointment letter
Assumption of duty letter
Confirmation letter
Promotion letter
Pay slips
ID card
Leave letter/letter of introduction from Employer
Marriage certificate (if you are married)
NIN
Birth certificate
Family images
Pension documents (optional)
Deed of agreement for landed properties.
Covid vaccination card
Children birth certificates (if you are a parent)
Police character certificate (you can do that at Alagbon if you reside in Lagos)

If you have a registered business, you may also include the CAC documents. All these and other documents that can proof you have strong home and family ties.

Momopewa:
Hello House, please apart from the Proof of Funds, what other supporting documents do i need to upload for Canada visiting visa. I am a civil servant and currently filling the form through the new portal. Secondly like how much do i need to have on the POF.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Momopewa: 5:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Thank you so much, I appreciate.
ami213:
Since you’re a civil servant, you may include this;
Appointment letter
Assumption of duty letter
Confirmation letter
Promotion letter
Pay slips
ID card
Leave letter/letter of introduction from Employer
NIN
Birth certificate
Family images
Pension documents (optional)
Deed of agreement for landed properties.
Covid vaccination card
Children birth certificates (if you are a parent)
Police character certificate (you can do that at Alagbon if you reside in Lagos)

If you have a registered business, you may also include the CAC documents. All these and other documents that can proof you have strong home and family ties.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by starrez: 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2022
starrez:
Please what is the difference between applying on the new portal and the old portal.

I already started on the old portal.

Kindly help advise

Someone help
Pls

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 6:53pm On Mar 22, 2022
The new portal seems to be faster and simplified.

starrez:

Someone help
Pls
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 7:05pm On Mar 22, 2022
BVL received yesterday afternoon, followed by medical request in the night. Visiting Visa to visit spouse on study permit, applied 1st week of November.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 7:28pm On Mar 22, 2022
Congratulations. Did you use GC Key or new portal?

19CannyMum:
BVL received yesterday afternoon, followed by medical request in the night. Visiting Visa to visit spouse on study permit, applied 1st week of November.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 7:49pm On Mar 22, 2022
Lezy:
Congratulations. Did you use GC Key or new portal?

New portal. I accept the congratulations in advance LOL.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Awelewa89: 8:57pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hello there,
I had applied for a TRV in November 2020, I did my biometrics in the same month too.
fast forward to January 2022, I reapplied on the new portal and didn't have to redo biometrics.

background,
visited the UK 5x, have a current 10year UK visa, visited France, Amsterdam and 9 other countries, I also have 2 siblings who are permanent residents in Canada (Immediate elder brother, and Immediate younger sister).

documents submitted
bank statement, invitation letter, trust fund statement, cover letter, siblings PR cards, their bank statements, previously issued visas, tour bookings, pictures with siblings, birth certificates of siblings, introduction letter from office, ID card, leave approval etc.

I plan to submit my passport to VFS on Thursday. God be praised.

5 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Lezy: 9:01pm On Mar 22, 2022
They requested medical for visiting from you?

From what I have seen in the past, it won't take time to receive PPR once you receive BVL letter.

19CannyMum:

New portal. I accept the congratulations in advance LOL.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadnad: 9:03pm On Mar 22, 2022
Awelewa89:
Hello there,
I had applied for a TRV in November 2020, I did my biometrics in the same month too.
fast forward to January 2022, I reapplied on the new portal and didn't have to redo biometrics.

background,
visited the UK 5x, have a current 10year UK visa, visited France, Amsterdam and 9 other countries, I also have 2 siblings who are permanent residents in Canada (Immediate elder brother, and Immediate younger sister).

documents submitted
bank statement, invitation letter, trust fund statement, cover letter, siblings PR cards, their bank statements, previously issued visas, tour bookings, pictures with siblings, birth certificates of siblings, introduction letter from office, ID card, leave approval etc.

Congratulations
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 10:13pm On Mar 22, 2022
Congratulations!!!!

Awelewa89:
Hello there,

background,

documents submitted

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ibatu(m): 10:16pm On Mar 22, 2022
maternal:

Yes I live in canada and have dealt with immigration for years. I'm currently dealing with them actually.

@maternal
Thanks for helping out on some issue here pls I want to ask you about moving to Canada,currently am in Dubai with wife and 3month old daughter and we are planning on moving to Canada from there,my wife is a dental nurse and am a chef though I did all a lot of job like warehouse assistant before I finally got the chef work,please what is our chance rate of getting Canada visa because we are planning to move this year,,Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by jayifeanyi1234: 10:43pm On Mar 22, 2022
Congratulations!!!

Awelewa89:
Hello there,

background,

documents submitted

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princetx(m): 11:17pm On Mar 22, 2022
Hello.
I've paid my visa fee and biometric fee.
How do I go for my biometric in Abuja? Will I be the one to book the appointment date? If so, how do I do that?
Or do I just travel from Port Harcourt to Abuja, walk in and do my biometric?
Do I need to go with any document?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Doree: 12:56am On Mar 23, 2022
princetx:
Hello.
I've paid my visa fee and biometric fee.
How do I go for my biometric in Abuja? Will I be the one to book the appointment date? If so, how do I do that?
Or do I just travel from Port Harcourt to Abuja, walk in and do my biometric?
Do I need to go with any document?

Have you received your biometrics instructions letter in your portal? If yes, then go ahead and book your appointment with this link https://uc.xyz/17TlFo?pub=link
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 1:52am On Mar 23, 2022
Lezy:
They requested medical for visiting from you?

From what I have seen in the past, it won't take time to receive PPR once you receive BVL letter.

They requested medical o. BVL, then medical. For visiting.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 10:14am On Mar 23, 2022
Something similar happened to a moniker on here few months ago. If you are staying up to 6 months, then a medical examination is required. Obviously, a decision has been made on your application.

May it end in praise!

19CannyMum:

They requested medical o. BVL, then medical. For visiting.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by princetx(m): 12:22pm On Mar 23, 2022
Doree:

Have you received your biometrics instructions letter in your portal? If yes, then go ahead and book your appointment with this link https://uc.xyz/17TlFo?pub=link

Thank you very much for the response.

Yes, I have received biometric instructions letter.
I tried to book appointment from the link you provided, I saw three different options for appointment date. Should I fill the three with the same date I have in mind?
Meanwhile, how many days will I be allowed to book appointment. Could it be up to 30 days?

Again, after I have booked biometric appointment, what documents do I need to go with?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife2018: 3:16pm On Mar 23, 2022
Ibatu:

@maternal
Thanks for helping out on some issue here pls I want to ask you about moving to Canada,currently am in Dubai with wife and 3month old daughter and we are planning on moving to Canada from there,my wife is a dental nurse and am a chef though I did all a lot of job like warehouse assistant before I finally got the chef work,please what is our chance rate of getting Canada visa because we are planning to move this year,,Thanks

Are you planning relocating permanently? Then you have to work on permanent residency journey. There is a good chance for your wife being a nurse. some provinces are targeting nursing. Here is the thread for that category https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/113#111274026.

Ask question there and I can as well guide if you need help.
All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by 19CannyMum: 4:00pm On Mar 23, 2022
ami213:
Something similar happened to a moniker on here few months ago. If you are staying up to 6 months, then a medical examination is required. Obviously, a decision has been made on your application.

May it end in praise!

It will end in praise smiley

Funny though the itinerary provided was for a one month stay in December 2021.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olakunlebaba: 7:04pm On Mar 23, 2022
Please my people, I want to know if I have been scammed or not. I applied for visiting visa last year through an agent, I did my biometrics last year March 1st 2021. Since then have not heard anything. I keep calling the man everytime its always story upon story. He always tel me that he doesn't have fault, that's it Canada that's delaying the processing... Please the elites here, have I been scammed.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 7:43pm On Mar 23, 2022
You weren’t scammed! You may wanna reapply because IRCC recommended that applications submitted before September 7 2021 Should be resubmitted via the new portal. Ensure to quote your UCI in the new application.

Olakunlebaba:
Please my people, I want to know if I have been scammed or not. I applied for visiting visa last year through an agent, I did my biometrics last year March 1st 2021. Since then have not heard anything. I keep calling the man everytime its always story upon story. He always tel me that he doesn't have fault, that's it Canada that's delaying the processing... Please the elites here, have I been scammed.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ami213: 7:44pm On Mar 23, 2022
Really?! Maybe the medical request was a glitch.

19CannyMum:

It will end in praise smiley

Funny though the itinerary provided was for a one month stay in December 2021.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Olakunlebaba: 7:47pm On Mar 23, 2022
ami213:
You weren’t scammed! You may wanna reapply because IRCC recommended that applications submitted before September 7 2021 Should be resubmitted via the new portal. Ensure to quote your UCI in the new application.

Thanks you Sir.. I really appreciate this respond...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (485) (486) (487) (488) (489) (490) (491) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: emmy6k(m), T4kbaba(m), donteebalo(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.