Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:24 PM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (542) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2325598 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BK23: 6:40pm On Aug 18, 2022
Betterlife30:

Has your eligibility review started?

At all o. We thank God sha

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teemie22: 10:10pm On Aug 18, 2022
@olasubomy my husband is writing his statement of purpose. Based on activities listed for his visit(1,800), flight(1,200) and miscellaneous(1,000), everything sum up to $4k cad.

* Is that not too small for 3wks visitation
*Also is 10k cad okay for pof?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 11:22pm On Aug 18, 2022
Teemie22:
@olasubomy my husband is writing his statement of purpose. Based on activities listed for his visit(1,800), flight(1,200) and miscellaneous(1,000), everything sum up to $4k cad.

If you have 10k cad that's more than enough for 3 weeks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teemie22: 12:28am On Aug 19, 2022
tempzi:

If you have 10k cad that's more than enough for 3 weeks
Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:24am On Aug 19, 2022
Teemie22:

Proof of funds depends on which province your hubby intends to visit and what he would be doing during his period of stay. Suppose he plans to see someone who would be hosting him, thereby sorting the accommodation and some aspects of his feeding. That would reduce the burden on the amount he would declare viz-a-viz; if he is going to be a solo traveler, he would need to show more.

As you have stated, having a budget of $4,000 and declaring a bank statement with a closing balance of equivalent to 10,000 dollars is a good strategy, and it would show he has enough buffer just in case of emergencies. I would say you guys should pay attention to the visit section of the budget 1,800 dollars/21days (averaging 86 dollars per day) might be too small in the eyes of the VO for three weeks. You guys can plan to have more cash for that aspect; again, it depends on the province and the purpose of the visit.

Also, avoid lumpsum deposits in the bank statement you would submit. If there is a lump sum deposit, address it in your letter of intent to the VO with documentary proof.

I hope this helps!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Creativebelle: 8:42am On Aug 19, 2022
Hello everyone..

Pls I am filling the forms...I need help

For the family information form..do I need to print out scan and upload because I am unable to sign..

I can't click on it...

Kindly see attached form

Also pls apart from the im5257 form and family info form..is there any other form to fill?

Thank you

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Creativebelle: 12:56pm On Aug 19, 2022
Pls everyone...form was listed under optional documents

Is it same with the normal im5257 form cos it's not opening

Pls I need help...its my first time applying myself...

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teemie22: 4:26pm On Aug 19, 2022
olasubomy:

Proof of funds depends on which province your hubby intends to visit and what he would be doing during his period of stay. Suppose he plans to see someone who would be hosting him, thereby sorting the accommodation and some aspects of his feeding. That would reduce the burden on the amount he would declare viz-a-viz; if he is going to be a solo traveler, he would need to show more.

As you have stated, having a budget of $4,000 and declaring a bank statement with a closing balance of equivalent to 10,000 dollars is a good strategy, and it would show he has enough buffer just in case of emergencies. I would say you guys should pay attention to the visit section of the budget 1,800 dollars/21days (averaging 86 dollars per day) might be too small in the eyes of the VO for three weeks. You guys can plan to have more cash for that aspect; again, it depends on the province and the purpose of the visit.

Also, avoid lumpsum deposits in the bank statement you would submit. If there is a lump sum deposit, address it in your letter of intent to the VO with documentary proof.

I hope this helps!
The activities listed is like 6-7 places (dates & fun spots), and extra was added to the budget per activity. Thanks so much for your input, I appreciate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chekz169: 5:57pm On Aug 19, 2022
hey guys, KIndly need your advises

I applied for canada visit visa on 29th May and had my biometric 10th June for a conference scheduled for 15th to 19th August. during the period which i sent webform and contacted MP. According to MP, my application will be processed in vienna but eligibility has not started.

My question is this; The intended conference is over, which ended today. So, What should i do? withdraw my application or i should just leave it?

this is my first canada application and meanwhile estimated processing time was meant to be 57days

@olasubomy @Yungbilli
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 6:12pm On Aug 19, 2022
Last year November still looking forward

Betterlife30:

Has your eligibility review started?

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 8:40pm On Aug 19, 2022
AskGod07:

Last year November still looking forward

it is well since dec 2020 no update

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mosleybaba: 12:27am On Aug 20, 2022
[quote author=mizlita post=115189134][/quote) please how did you go about this, I'm in the same situation. I withdrawn my application, after two weeks, review of eligibility started, then after two months I got BVL.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 4:30am On Aug 20, 2022
chekz169:

I applied for canada visit visa on 29th May and had my biometric 10th June for a conference scheduled for 15th to 19th August. during the period which i sent webform and contacted MP. According to MP, my application will be processed in vienna but eligibility has not started.

My question is this; The intended conference is over, which ended today. So, What should i do? withdraw my application or i should just leave it?

I think you should just wait and see what will happen, even though conference has ended if you are found to have met all the requirements you visa will be approved, u can still travel to Canada for other reasons

this is my first canada application and meanwhile estimated processing time was meant to be 57days

@olasubomy @Yungbilli
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 7:51am On Aug 20, 2022
Have you order for a gcms notes? With the gcms notes, you could see where the officer updated your file last.

Walexstat:
it is well since dec 2020 no update
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:14am On Aug 20, 2022
chekz169:

@olasubomy @Yungbilli

Just wait if you qualify for a tourist visa it can still be issue even if date ur conference is over becuse even Business visitors must apply for a temporary resident visa (TRV), or visitor visa, to come to Canada. You are been access for a temporary resident visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mosleybaba: 4:07pm On Aug 20, 2022
[quote author=mizlita post=115189134][/quote] please can DONROMEO tell us the outcome of his situation, I'm in the same situation. Please someone help to get in touch with him. Thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DonRomeo(m): 3:22am On Aug 21, 2022
Hi Mosleybaba,

Nothing has changed. I have not resolved it. The application is still pending and no one seems to have any solution to it or advice on what to do on nairaland.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mosleybaba: 7:25am On Aug 21, 2022
Pls bro, what was your outcome on this situation. I'm also in the same situation and confused as sent withdrawal request, just on the 15th, I received BVL and no update since then.

DonRomeo:
Hi guys,

I need your help to clarify my confusion. I applied for a visitor's visa and after waiting for four months, I decided to withdraw it because I felt I made a mistake in the application. I received an email from IRCC confirming receipt of my withdrawal application and stating they will decide whether I am entitled to a refund. A month after my withdrawal letter, I received BVL. What does this mean? Can they make a decision on the withdrawn application? If so, should I expect a positive or negative decision?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mosleybaba: 7:29am On Aug 21, 2022
Hi DonRomeo, did they start the eligibility review, on my application, I I sent withdrawal request 15th of May, they started reviewing it 1st June, on 15th August, I got this BVL, no further update.

Hi Mosleybaba,

Nothing has changed. I have not resolved it. The application is still pending and no one seems to have any solution to it or advice on what to do on nairaland.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mosleybaba: 8:12am On Aug 21, 2022
DonRomeo I have ordered for GCMS, let me wait for it. When did you send the withdrawal request? Is the application under processing or under eligibility review?

post=115903356:

Hi Mosleybaba,

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mosleybaba: 4:28pm On Aug 21, 2022
Please what was the update of the withdrawal, I sent withdrawal request since 15th May, I got BVL on 15th August, there are no other updates since then.

lizcom25:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Talksub(m): 2:52pm
I applied since nov 2021 , no update , eligibility has not started . Just had to withdrawal my application today, since it taking too long and I applied as a tourist.

Please let me know what you decided to do next. Mine is September 2021 and eligibility has not started till now

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cityboy123: 7:01pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hello everyone, Please I applied for tourist Canada visa since October, 2020 no update till now, I applied through the new portal too since February, no update till now too.. Please how do I cancel the two application please. I no do again.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jocamide: 11:10pm On Aug 21, 2022
Hello Fam, please I need accommodation close to Vaughan or York region in Ontario. please if you need a housemate or have a shared apartment I can rent. Kindly reach out to me.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by AskGod07: 12:05am On Aug 22, 2022
How to order for a Gcms notes?

obazi:
Have you order for a gcms notes? With the gcms notes, you could see where the officer updated your file last.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 9:12am On Aug 22, 2022
Visit the below website,they are reliable https://newrealmimmigration.com/gcms-notes/

AskGod07:

How to order for a Gcms notes?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by opezi: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2022
Hi... Which portal did you use to reapply
Stevwonders:

Hello guys, based on the advice I received from some helpful guys here, including @Olasubomy @yungbilli and others. I applied for my GCMS notes and addressed the issues on it, by writing a detailed letter of Intent in my second application.
Moving forward, I received BVL and PPR on the 13 of this month..
The thing is, my flight to New York is in two days time. Is there a possibility that I can send my passport for stamping in New York? If yes, any idea how long it would take?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by BK23: 9:06pm On Aug 22, 2022
There’s a VV group on telegram.
For some reasons I can’t put up the link on here, but there’s the name of the group �

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Stevwonders: 10:47pm On Aug 22, 2022
opezi:
Hi... Which portal did you use to reapply

I used the new portal
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cityboy123: 5:44am On Aug 23, 2022
Mosleybaba:
Please what was the update of the withdrawal, I sent withdrawal request since 15th May, I got BVL on 15th August, there are no other updates since then.

Please how did you withdraw your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 3:09pm On Aug 23, 2022
Hello @olasubomy and other gurus. I NEED YOUR HELP.

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE FOR MEDICALS TO REFLECT ON YOUR PORTAL?

Qlife says 5-10 business days. Today makes it 13th business day, and it still haven’t reflected on my portal.

Does this have to do with Ircc portal or what exactly?

Lastly, I uploaded the e-medical slip via webform to notify them of upfront. I didn’t get any response from them in my email. Is this completely normal?

Canada Wahala ah Jesus�
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cityboy123: 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2022
Mosleybaba:
Hi DonRomeo, did they start the eligibility review, on my application, I I sent withdrawal request 15th of May, they started reviewing it 1st June, on 15th August, I got this BVL, no further update.

Hi Mosleybaba,

Please how do you withdraw your application?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cityboy123: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2022
House34:

You only need to give your biometrics once every 10 years. You don't need to give your biometrics again until the 10-year period expires. If you gave biometrics in the past as part of an application for a visitor visa, work or study permit and they're still valid, you don't need to give them again. So ur friend no need biometric for now

Bro What if you withdraw your application because no response yet and it’s taking time and you want to reapply again, will you give biometric again? Does it count that you have applied for canada visa before?

(1) (2) (3) ... (539) (540) (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.