Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,891 members, 7,814,013 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:00 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (544) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2316118 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (1097) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Babalakin(m): 12:39am On Aug 26, 2022
olasubomy:

I don't know what the agent means by "migration to Canada". I think you can handle this on your own if you are patient to study the thread related to the visa category you want to apply for. One million naira in present-day Nigeria is not a joke, and that's a lot.' No immigration lawyer has influence over decision-making at IRCC.

My advice would be to study the respective thread for your intended visa category and do your research; then, you can ask gurus specific questions you are unclear about in those threads. I believe applications are handled better and more thoroughly when you do them yourself. I dont rule out that there are some good Canadian immigrations lawyers who are very knowledgeable on immigration matters.but those guys charge a lot of money for an application one can do personally. My advice would be you will save that one million if you are patient in learning this yourself.

I hope you are able to make a decision that works best for you.
grateful for the prompt reply. I'll do this myself.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:40am On Aug 26, 2022
Amen

letsfarmnigeria:

Yes they did contact the MP and also followed up with emails and webform, yours will surely end in Praise

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 3:32pm On Aug 26, 2022
Tbh this application is too strong for a Refusal.
Normal na God dey do Visa. All those documents submitted na just paperwork.

God will answer to everyone. Amen ��

chekz169:

As at 24th August…. Canada just did their best with a rejection letter.. I’m not surprise tho… Lmao! Like I submitted all I can like;
- Conference letter and recommendation letter
- 2 land documents in Nigeria
- Bank statement 10k plus euros
- Previous visa and valid visa’s (3 UK visa’s, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, Turkey, 2 Kenya, Dubai, Tanzania) I have been to over 14 countries
- 2 Old family photos
- Two Jobs contract letters (Main job and Mini job)
- 5 months pay slips
- Current residence permit
- hotel reservations
- flight reservations
- statement of purpose
- health insurance
- city registration and resident authorization
- house rent contract
(This are the docs that I could remember)

What else do they really want fam! Lol. The funny part was getting the rejection letter after the proposed conference ended 5 days go.

@olasubomy @Yungbilli

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 11:53pm On Aug 26, 2022
Please I need help here.
My school doesn’t offer deferrals. I was asked to login to my school portal and re-apply for the admission.
That way my student number and everything remains the same.

I want to re-apply now and send the fresh admission letter slip to Ircc through webform to let them know so that the the previous intake dates won’t affect me. (What I mean is, so the VO won’t see my intake date and be like the admission has expired, so why is he still going”

But my agent is telling me not to re-apply now because it’s the embassy’s fault for delaying and they wouldn’t deny my application because of that.
That I should re-apply a new intake date when my visa has been approved.

What should I do ooo.
Should I re-apply now and let Ircc know that I have re-applied by sending them the application fee proof and I’d revert and send the fresh admission letter when it’s out.

Or I should do as my agent said as “admission expiry” won’t affect my visa application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 11:56pm On Aug 26, 2022
@OLASUBOMY and OTHER GURUS PLEASE HELP ME

Letuspraytogod:
Please I need help here.
My school doesn’t offer deferrals. I was asked to login to my school portal and re-apply for the admission.

I want to re-apply now and send the fresh admission letter slip to Ircc through webform to let them know so that the the previous intake dates won’t affect me. (What I mean is, so the VO won’t see my intake date and be like the admission has expired, so why is he still going”

But my agent is telling me not to re-apply now because it’s the embassy’s fault for delaying and they wouldn’t deny my application because of that.

What should I do ooo.
Should I re-apply now and let Ircc know that I have re-applied by sending them the application fee proof and I’d revert and send the fresh admission letter when it’s out.

Or I should do as my agent said as “admission expiry” won’t affect my visa application.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tempzi: 5:54am On Aug 27, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
@OLASUBOMY and OTHER GURUS PLEASE HELP ME

That agent is not giving you a good advise. If you wait for a decision now and it get approved, there's no guarantee you will get a new admission within the validity of your visa and if ircc learns that you are no longer admitted for the intake you initially applied for could be denied based on purpose of travel.
IRCC delay doesn't guarantee approval oo, you are not the only one waiting for a decision. People plenty. If you are approved (luckily) after losing your admission then u might have to apply for visa again if you're changing school, except u get another admission in the same school.

It's better to reapply now and update ircc of your new letter of acceptance. I wish u well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 6:17pm On Aug 27, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
Please I need help here.

What should I do ooo.

tempzi is right. Go ahead and do as your as faculty as instructed as long as you are able to still secure your seat in the programme. Once you get your updated admission letter. Write a formal letter informing IRCC of the updated admission letter which you have secured due to the continuous delay on your application. Attach the new admission letter and send both via webforms and e-mails.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 7:09pm On Aug 27, 2022
Thank you. I appreciate

tempzi:

That agent is not giving you a good advise. If you wait for a decision now and it get approved, there's no guarantee you will get a new admission within the validity of your visa and if ircc learns that you are no longer admitted for the intake you initially applied for could be denied based on purpose of travel.
IRCC delay doesn't guarantee approval oo, you are not the only one waiting for a decision. People plenty. If you are approved (luckily) after losing your admission then u might have to apply for visa again if you're changing school, except u get another admission in the same school.

It's better to reapply now and update ircc of your new letter of acceptance. I wish u well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 7:11pm On Aug 27, 2022
Should I wait until I get the new admission letter before I update Ircc or I should update them first with my proof of payment of the re-application that I just re-applied and I’d revert and send the new admission letter when it’s out?

I just want to make sure they know already that I have already re-applied ooo even tho the admission letter isn’t out yet �

olasubomy:

tempzi is right. Go ahead and do as your as faculty as instructed as long as you are able to still secure your seat in the programme. Once you get your updated admission letter. Write a formal letter informing IRCC of the updated admission letter which you have secured due to the continuous delay on your application. Attach the new admission letter and send both via webforms and e-mails.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
Should I wait until I get the new admission letter before I update Ircc or I should update them first with my proof of payment of the re-application that I just re-applied and I’d revert and send the new admission letter when it’s out?

I just want to make sure they know already that I have already re-applied ooo even tho the admission letter isn’t out yet �

Immigrations works with documentations. So, you would need to wait for the new admission letter to arrive before informing them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 7:42pm On Aug 27, 2022
Okay thanks for the prompt response.

ANY IDEA ON HOW TO PAY for application Fee as Naira cards don’t work no more.
Barter by flutterwave doesn’t work too. Who knows how I can pay?

olasubomy:

Immigrations works with documentations. So, you would need to wait for the new admission letter to arrive before informing them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 8:26pm On Aug 27, 2022
Letuspraytogod:

You can ask on Canada Student thread. Someone may have an idea of possible options.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 10:44pm On Aug 27, 2022
You can create a virtual us dollar card on https://app.wallets.africa/login and make payments it's faster and it goes through.
Letuspraytogod:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by perfectbecky: 3:07pm On Aug 28, 2022
i submitted my study permit application since 16th June, 2022 and Biometrics was done on 21st June 2022, pls note i didnt do any upfront medicals. to my surprise till today no progress has been made on the application, not even eligibility. Also on the biometrics progress page its showing biometrics has not been received.
Please anyone with an idea of what's going on? i feel something might be wrong.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 3:30pm On Aug 28, 2022
perfectbecky:
i submitted my study permit application since 16th June, 2022 and Biometrics was done on 21st June 2022, pls note i didnt do any upfront medicals. to my surprise till today no progress has been made on the application, not even eligibility. Also on the biometrics progress page its showing biometrics has not been received.

Your best bet is to order your GCMS notes to know what Is going on. If your biometric number and date are reflected at the top left corner of your portal, there is nothing to worry about. That means immigration has received your biometric data. The narration you are seeing at the lower part would change to “biometrics completed” once IRCC is done with their review of your biometrics. For some applicants, it comes early, while for others, it comes later in the application process.

I think you should plan to do upfront medical to fasten your application process except you feel you have enough time and want to explore waiting for medical request from IRCC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ultim: 3:39pm On Aug 28, 2022
Who knows about these agents:
Greenlight Canada.
https://greenlightcanada.com/?

They give guarantee and refunds anything you pay if your relocation doesn't work out as promised.

I just want to ask if some people have successfully used their services
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ednut1(m): 3:48pm On Aug 28, 2022
ultim:
Greenlight Canada.

They give guarantee and refunds anything you pay if your relocation doesn't work out as promised.

from google reviews. They have so many fake reviews there giving them 5 stars. The first red flag is guarantees and their claim of 95% success rate on their website. All fraudulent misrepresentation and deceit

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ultim: 5:42pm On Aug 28, 2022
ednut1:
from google reviews. They have so many fake reviews there giving them 5 stars. The first red flag is guarantees and their claim of 95% success rate on their website. All fraudulent misrepresentation and deceit

Ok thanks immensely
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 8:34pm On Aug 28, 2022
My wife applied in December 2021 for a visit visa for a vacation. She included her bank statement and hotel accommodation. Her travel date was supposed to be March 2022. The travel date has passed, but a decision has not yet been made on her application. I want to know if she should send them a new hotel reservation and bank statement. Does she need to inform them in writing that she still intends to travel?

We both visited Canada in 2016.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chekz169: 12:26pm On Aug 29, 2022
Lol. No mind them.... na beef. Lmao! I will reapply again when I have a reason to visit Canada, Maybe.

Letuspraytogod:
Tbh this application is too strong for a Refusal.
Normal na God dey do Visa. All those documents submitted na just paperwork.

God will answer to everyone. Amen ��

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by chekz169: 12:31pm On Aug 29, 2022
I don’t understand why some people still make use of travel agency.? Or You think they would make your application successful?

ultim:
Greenlight Canada.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 6:41pm On Aug 29, 2022
Omo people that apply a month or 2 months ago and complain they haven’t heard anything from Ircc aahhh�������
We wey don dey since 2021 nko oluwa �

perfectbecky:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 11:54pm On Aug 29, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
Omo people that apply a month or 2 months ago and complain they haven’t heard anything from Ircc aahhh�������
We wey don dey since 2021 nko oluwa �

The prioprity now is student application as student generate high revenue and without foreign student many private school will collapase , most school resume by stempber..a vistior can hold on and be procceed later so ircc aim is to process student application within 90 days and that still a big task.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanDaddy: 4:50am On Aug 30, 2022
Been in Canada for a while and in my dealings with IRCC I think the code is just be transparent. Waiting on my wife and kids PR application to pull through so I applied for a VV for my wife n two little boys. POF was just $2kCAD which I even explained that she took it as a loan

Applied July 12th 2022
Biometrics uploaded 13th July 2022
VV approved 20th July.

That was her first visa she has zero travel history.

In my own opinion just b plain n nothing bogus

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ena20: 7:54am On Aug 30, 2022
Good Morning everyone, Please how long does it take to get your passport back after submitting it for apporval
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nadingo: 8:36am On Aug 30, 2022
CanDaddy:
Been in Canada for a while and in my dealings with IRCC I think the code is just be transparent. Waiting on my wife and kids PR application to pull through so I applied for a VV for my wife n two little boys. POF was just $2kCAD which I even explained that she took it as a loan

Applied July 12th 2022
VV approved 20th July.

Wow... This is insightful.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mosleybaba: 10:31am On Aug 30, 2022
Please @DonRomeo, what was the outcome of the situation? I'm still confused about mine, I received BVL since 15th of August, no further update on the application. I did withdrawn my application. [quote author=mizlita post=115189134][/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by lizcom25: 10:32am On Aug 30, 2022
Please how does one take care of the issue

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application"
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mummywifey: 10:46am On Aug 30, 2022
lizcom25:

"The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the details you have provided in your application"

This is not their favorite line . Canada sha
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ikiloba: 1:56pm On Aug 30, 2022
The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay

yes, this situation is complicated . The visa officer is not considering your education scores as most prominent and he is not outweighing your work experience to be worthy.

in this case ..things can be done ,
- In sop

paragraph 1

explain previous jobs and relate it o the new studies
- explain your scopes and jobs in your country with with studying this course
finally explain why studying after so long
lizcom25:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by House34: 2:12pm On Aug 30, 2022
CanDaddy:

Applied July 12th 2022
VV approved 20th July.

Are you a student in canada or which status pls??

Becos taken a loan to fund a visit trip is extra strange

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by CanDaddy: 2:32pm On Aug 30, 2022
I am a permanent resident of Canada.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (541) (542) (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) ... (1097) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: MayorOfEdmonton, hammed71(m), Honeysweetest(f) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.