Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,122 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:25 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (555) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2324254 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (1101) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eazyfella: 6:21pm On Oct 04, 2022
Betterlife30:

It has been stagnant for almost everybody. Visitor visa is something else now.

So what should we do now,
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DavidHume(m): 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Wifefo88:

Did her eligibility review start before final approval?

Nope didnt
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DavidHume(m): 8:20pm On Oct 04, 2022
Please who last submitted his or her docs for stamping this month and how many days did it take pls.

I want to have an idea because of the crazy cost of ticket.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DavidHume(m): 8:49pm On Oct 04, 2022
BK23:
Congrats o!!!! Please give us timeline ���

Passport Submission Information

For Lagos Office:

Walk into any DHL or UPS store, you can google & check for the one's near you.

This is the Address you will mail your documents to:

Canada Visa Application Centre
Ground Floor, The Manor
Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Lekki Phase 1
Lagos
Nigeria

Documents to go with to the DHL Office:

- Two photocopies of your international passport data page
- Your International Passport itself
- Passport request letter
- Biometric confirmation slip (the document you were given after u did your Biometrics)
-Two copies of signed VFS consent forms
-Note the 990 SMS fee is compulsory. Pay it as well to the same account.

The VFS consent form is available at https://www./vfsconsentform

Put everything in a Big Brown Envelope,

Write your FULL NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE NO. & Email Address on the Envelope boldly

When you go to DHL, also indicate that you want a two way courier service. Then provide them the address you want your passport sent to when ready.

For Abuja Office:

Put all the documents below in an envelope and send to:

Visa Application Centre
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor
Plot No 1083, Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District
Abuja
Nigeria

Documents:
-2 duly signed consent forms.
-2 copies of passport data page
-Passport Request Letter
-Yellow biometric slip
-Receipt of payment of transmission fee N9,410 (you will pay this fee if you didn't capture biometrics at Abuja VFS)
-Note the 990 SMS fee is compulsory. Pay it as well to the same account.
-A paper with your contact details: name, phone number, email address, home address.

Pay the transmission fee to
Canada Logistics Collection Account
Sterling Bank Plc

Disclaimer: please confirm the account details before any transaction.

Send your documents via DHL 2-way courier.

The contact information of VFS in Nigeria is available at https://visa.vfsglobal.com/nga/en/can/contact-us

If you are submitting anywhere outside Nigeria, contact the local visa office to find out how to submit.

Pls where did you send you passport to for stamping. And how long did it take?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DavidHume(m): 8:50pm On Oct 04, 2022
Drawer:
Passport Request received this morning!!!
Application date: May 17th 2022
Purpose of visit: Honeymoon in Banff Alberta, got married in April 2022
Biometric: May 24th 2022
Raised lots of web forms: no concrete feedback from IRCC
GCMS Requested: July 4th 2022
Biometrics updated: July 26th 2022
GCMS Received: August 4th 2022, criminality, info sharing and security completed.Eligibility not started
GCMS Requested again: August 9th

***Long silence****

Passport request: September 06 20202

Documents submitted
Invitation letter from spouse (He is a PR)
Spouse bank statement (less than on thousand dollars)
Spouse payslips
Spouse employment verification
Hotel reservation for honeymoon in Banff Alberta
Statement of purpose
Duration of stay stated in SOP: Three (3) weeks
Employment letter from work
Letter of introduction from work
6 months payslips
6 months bank statements
Fixed account bank statement (3.5M)
Land documents
Marriage certificate
I also applied for the spousal PR in May 2022- still under review
That all the documents that was submitted. Glory be to God

Please where did you send you passport to for stamping of your visiting visa and how long did it take
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by DavidHume(m): 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2022
Fendy34:

If you did not do your biometrics in Abuja and you’re sending your passport to Abuja. Please and please pay the 9,410 and 990 . It’s super important.

My eyes have seen these past few days sha .

Congratulations ����

Pls where did you send your passport to and how many days did it use
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 6:06am On Oct 05, 2022
Eazyfella:

So what should we do now,

No choice than to wait. Even though it's frustrating and annoying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Makibarbie: 11:10am On Oct 05, 2022
Learnt Abuja is faster and you can get it within a week.

Just make sure you pay the transmission fee.

DavidHume:

Pls where did you send your passport to and how many days did it use
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by realmummy(f): 11:43am On Oct 05, 2022
Just visit any VFS office in Abuja or Lagos with your Passport, yellow slip and submission letter in an envelope between 8am to 10am Mondays to Fridays. No need to download any consent form or use DHL. You can also pick up from there when your passport has been stamped whichwill be communicaated to you via mail
livviee:
Hello all. Thought to share. My mum’s visa has finally been approved today. Application submitted 09/06/2022. It will surely go round for all.

Please how/ where do I download Vfs consent form
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by livviee: 8:48pm On Oct 05, 2022
Thank you

realmummy:
Just visit any VFS office in Abuja or Lagos with your Passport, yellow slip and submission letter in an envelope between 8am to 10am Mondays to Fridays. No need to download any consent form or use DHL. You can also pick up from there when your passport has been stamped whichwill be communicaated to you via mail
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by fumisko(f): 2:28am On Oct 07, 2022
Please I need help. Please kindly assist me.
So there is this CONSENT PERSONAL INFORMATIO I am seeing in documents to be uploaded in my Canada visit visa application (it’s a group visa application for family to visit a family member in Canada) on the new IRRC application portal. What form am I to upload there or please what am I to upload there.
Help a sister

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pmbaba: 5:12am On Oct 07, 2022
I’m newly married, yet to have kids. I intend applying for Canada student visa for my wife, hopefully they grant us visa, as I intend relocating with her. I’d need your candid advice before any procedures please.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eazyfella: 8:14am On Oct 07, 2022
Betterlife30:

No choice than to wait. Even though it's frustrating and annoying.

My later of invitation carries 'visiting June", now that the month has been exceeded do I need a rewrite (update to December) or bo need
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 10:22am On Oct 07, 2022
Eazyfella:

My later of invitation carries 'visiting June", now that the month has been exceeded do I need a rewrite (update to December) or bo need

For most people, the date they ought to travel has passed. Though if someone still meet the requirements, IRCC will still approve the visa. They won't look at the date but rather, the eligibility.

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jyde1234: 10:28pm On Oct 07, 2022
Hmm , 10 months no update on application. All is well
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 08, 2022
Please what is the latest on the imm5257b form?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by noeloge82(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2022
Jyde1234:

Have you been sending them email and if yes any response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 7:22pm On Oct 08, 2022
Processing time for visitor visa of applicants from Nigeria is now 124 days. They keep reducing the processing time but they are not answering people. Almost everybody is now above the processing time, yet no decision. Even eligibility review has not started for most people. Why is IRCC doing like this?

3 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 7:25pm On Oct 08, 2022
Betterlife30:
Processing time for visitor visa of applicants from Nigeria is now 124 days. They keep reducing the processing time but they are not answering people. Almost everybody is now above the processing time, yet no decision. Even eligibility review has not started for most people. Why is IRCC doing like this?

Really it doesn’t make sense anymore..I applied for my mother and no update till now.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 7:32pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wifefo88:

Really it doesn’t make sense anymore..I applied for my mother and no update till now.

They are just doing anyhow. Most people have been waiting for their reply for more than 4 months now. It's getting annoying.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Wifefo88: 10:04pm On Oct 08, 2022
Betterlife30:

They are just doing anyhow. Most people have been waiting for their reply for more than 4 months now. It's getting annoying.

Let’s hope they will start attending to us soon ijn.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2022
Wifefo88:

Let’s hope they will start attending to us soon ijn.

Amen

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 5:35am On Oct 09, 2022
Anyone with latest information on the optional document - imm5257b that keeps popping up?
mohammedabiodun:
Please what is the latest on the imm5257b form?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Newww1(f): 12:58pm On Oct 09, 2022
People of God please I need your urgent advise.

My husbands VV was submitted since may no response so as at now his passport remains 6months to expiry. We have gone to immigration to apply for a new one.
How do we present this when they ask for passport considering the passport number will be different.

Secondly I have a study/work permit so can I apply for his work permit from my GCKey even thou we haven't heard from them regarding the Visit visa.

Kindly assist with a response you will literally be saving a soul
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teau: 2:58pm On Oct 09, 2022
Hello Everyone, please how can one get a travel insurance for a visitor going (parent) to Canada
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 3:14pm On Oct 09, 2022
Newww1:
People of God please I need your urgent advise.

My husbands VV was submitted since may no response so as at now his passport remains 6months to expiry. We have gone to immigration to apply for a new one.
How do we present this when they ask for passport considering the passport number will be different.

Secondly I have a study/work permit so can I apply for his work permit from my GCKey even thou we haven't heard from them regarding the Visit visa.

Kindly assist with a response you will literally be saving a soul

Send the new passport through webform and emails. So when they request for his passport, you will send both the old passport and the new passport but they will stamp the new passport.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 3:16pm On Oct 09, 2022
Teau:
Hello Everyone, please how can one get a travel insurance for a visitor going (parent) to Canada

You don't need it if you are applying for visitor visa, you only need insurance if you are applying for super visa for them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Teau: 4:09pm On Oct 09, 2022
Noted with thanks

Betterlife30:

You don't need it if you are applying for visitor visa, you only need insurance if you are applying for super visa for them.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gloriouschild20: 5:35pm On Oct 09, 2022
Please house, how can I migrate from the old portal to the new portal.
I would want to apply for a visiting Visa.
Thank you for your prompt response
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Eazyfella: 8:04pm On Oct 09, 2022
Jyde1234:

What type of visa. Mine is Visitor since March 17th
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Jyde1234: 8:57am On Oct 10, 2022
Visitor visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Shegzy760: 11:58am On Oct 10, 2022
Dear good people,
Please I need help. I submitted application for VV for my two kids to visit their mother who is in Canada on student visa but no update till today. Please what else can I do?

Is it advisable to request for GCMS notes?
Or can I send e mail to the visa office?
Which visa office should the e mail be sent to, I will appreciate if I can get the necessary e mail address.

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (552) (553) (554) (555) (556) (557) (558) ... (1101) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: id4sho(m), NPK1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.