Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,844 members, 7,810,255 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:53 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (552) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2307478 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (1094) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ChineduOC: 7:45am On Sep 19, 2022
My name is Chinedu. I am a student of UofT. I am already in Canada. I want my wife to visit me in Canada this christmas. We don't have kids yet.

My question now are

1 Whose IRCC account will be used for the application? Will my wife apply or me?
2 Where will I upload her invitation letter that I wrote
3 How long before they approve the visa?
4. What are the documents that I need?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sam4774: 10:11pm On Sep 19, 2022
You are welcome! I have been only once but I dont play with my money so I make sure to claim anything I am owed lol. There is always a way to ship to US probably the re-imbursed 7% will be more than enough to SAFELY ship those expensive items. Please use a service you trust even if its more expensive to avoid stories that touch. I have bad experience with cargo ppl.

sethtsadopp:

Wow, thanks for the information on the tax refund, i never knew about it. I will surely claim this. You sound like you are quite familiar with Singapore. Been there?

I don't know if there is a way to ship them to USA cheaply from Singapore so i can buy an extra 4 and ship to m USA address.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 12:55am On Sep 20, 2022
MUNCHY1:
What is happening to Visitor’s visa for Nigerians, we rarely see pple talks about approvals, Indians are getting PPR and am not understanding. Wetin we do abeg?

This wait hmmmmmm……..

The Indians are mostly applying for job-related visas. They are greatly needed by the majority of nations because of their expertise in technology.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Star46: 1:17am On Sep 20, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
I just login and checked my documents submitted right now.
Everything has been submitted until I reached “optional documents”
It’s asking for (Application for a Temporary Resident Visa made outside Canada IMM 5257)
Deadline to be submitted October 8.

Even tho form for Application of study permit made outside canada has been submitted and acknowledged.

I asked Agent about this & she said it isn’t necessary as it’s the same details as Imm1294.

Please what do y’all think about this? Is she right?
@olasubomy and other gurus. Thanks

Pls fill the 5257 form oo, don't listen to agent that don't know anything
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 1:46am On Sep 20, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Wow, thanks for the information on the tax refund, i never knew about it. I will surely claim this. You sound like you are quite familiar with Singapore. Been there?

I don't know if there is a way to ship them to USA cheaply from Singapore so i can buy an extra 4 and ship to m USA address.

If you intend to ship them to the US then don't buy them from Singapore because you will lose more money doing so.

Let us compare the cost of the iPhone 14 pro / 128GB as of today September 19 using the US apple store and
Singapore apple store.

US Apple store / and other US retailers: $999 (Tax not included)

Singapore Apple store: S$1,649 (includes GST of approx. S$108.00). The final cost excluding tax is S$1541.
This final cost of S$1541 is equivalent to US$1095

Even without tax, shipping, and US customs duty (if you ship it to the US) it cost more to buy it from Singapore.

Do your homework right.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 7:11am On Sep 20, 2022
I have filled it and sent via webforms and emails
I logged on to check if it has been updated
They never update am and the deadline for submission has been shifted from October 8 to October 10 lol absg what’s going on?

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Star46:

Pls fill the 5257 form oo, don't listen to agent that don't know anything
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mrprolifik: 8:25am On Sep 20, 2022
Letuspraytogod:
They never update am and the deadline for submission has been shifted from October 8 to October 10 lol absg what’s going on?

You are not supposed to submit the form via email or webform. I sent you the link on how to go about it yesterday. Below is the link again.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1310&top=23
Then click on "if we sent you the request via your account" . Then follow the steps listed there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 8:58am On Sep 20, 2022
I have not filled mine because I want to add client information too. My own date have also moved from 8th October to 9th October too. Am going to fill mine this week after merging other documents with it. Other forum like canadavisaforum members are also having issues with this same document request from IRRC

Letuspraytogod:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ugoonuoha: 9:34am On Sep 20, 2022
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 9:50am On Sep 20, 2022
ugoonuoha:
Good day everyone, my friend is currently having some money in a prepaid GTB dollar card (PTA), and he is in Canada. He would like to withdraw the cash or transfer to a USD account in Canada with minimal or no charges.

I advised he used ATM but 3 issues with that:
A) find a USD dispensing atm in Canada
B) $3.50 per transaction
C) $1k max daily limit.

Does anyone have any ideas?

If it was zenith Dom you can actually transfer from zenith Dom Nigeria to Canada acc and withdraw in Canada but I don't know if it's possible in GT Dom so try it on the Gt internet banking app or call gt customer care to see if it's possible , if it's possible it will be easier because many Nigerian banks dollar card many not allow you withdraw cash of more $100 abroad

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Letuspraytogod: 11:32am On Sep 20, 2022
Perhaps I send you my login so you can see there’s no options for submission on the portal!
The one way is webform and emails

Does anyone know why the deadline is being shifted?

mrprolifik:

You are not supposed to submit the form via email or webform. I sent you the link on how to go about it yesterday. Below is the link again.
https://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1310&top=23
Then click on "if we sent you the request via your account" . Then follow the steps listed there.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 8:29pm On Sep 20, 2022
Please, for someone whose passport will expire in Jan 2023 and awaiting PPR, is it advisable to send the scanned renewed passport through webform and emails or wait for PPR and send both the expired and the renewed passport, so that they will stamp the renewed passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 10:09pm On Sep 20, 2022
Good evening please I need an immediate reply as I have few minutes to submit the form thanks .

I applied for a visit visa last year October and till now no response, I have ordered GSM notes through a friend in Canada and yet no positive response. So she contacted the M.P on my behalf and they sent her a form for me to fill. Am on it but confused on what to fill in 1) EMBASY 2) STATUS ENQUIRY 3) FILE#

Please if you have filled this form can I know what to put in! Thanks

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:07am On Sep 21, 2022
Karmora:
Good evening please I need an immediate reply as I have few minutes to submit the form thanks .

I applied for a visit visa last year October and till now no response, I have ordered GSM notes through a friend in Canada and yet no positive response. So she contacted the M.P on my behalf and they sent her a form for me to fill. Am on it but confused on what to fill in 1) EMBASY 2) STATUS ENQUIRY 3) FILE#

Please if you have filled this form can I know what to put in! Thanks

1 - Embassy - Most applications for temporary resident visas submitted by Nigerian nationals are processed in Nairobi. It is almost certain your file is with the Nairobi office. However since we are not 100% certain this is the case as sometimes files can be assigned to other IRCC office. Leave that space blank.

2 - File No: Insert your application number.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 2:07am On Sep 21, 2022
[quote author=olasubomy post=116862030]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 9:32am On Sep 21, 2022
olasubomy:

1 - Embassy - Most applications for temporary resident visas submitted by Nigerian nationals are processed in Nairobi. It is almost certain your file is with the Nairobi office. However since we are not 100% certain this is the case as sometimes files can be assigned to other IRCC office. Leave that space blank.

Thanks a lot .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Karmora(f): 9:24pm On Sep 21, 2022
olasubomy:

Please olasubomy do you know the process after this document is sent back to them ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by olasubomy: 12:35am On Sep 22, 2022
Karmora:

Please olasubomy do you know the process after this document is sent back to them ?

Hi Karmora,

They will get back to you on the updated status of your application as communicated to them by IRCC.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by seunt4ut(m): 3:11am On Sep 22, 2022
Please house. Does Canada still give visas for Conference attendance?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by letsfarmnigeria: 10:40am On Sep 22, 2022
seunt4ut:
Please house. Does Canada still give visas for Conference attendance?
They still do but if those conference can be justified to add value to your career it will be easier

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by obazi: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2022
Please make sure you all check your ircc account everyday . I viewed where all my uploaded document page today are seen, the path for family information imm5645 section is showing blue,instead of the normal black color after uploading documents. It's showing as if one have not uploaded the documents at all.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Chidx(f): 9:34pm On Sep 22, 2022
Hi dear, please how do we contact MP? What does MP mean?
Applied for a visitor visa for my Dad since May 31 and no update on his profile.
I have raised webforms, they said application is in queue.
I have recently applied for GCMS notes 2 weeks ago, waiting on that.
thanks

WarriBrandChic:
Hi guys, thanks for all the info on this platform..

It's PPR for VV spouse and kid.

Application March, 2022
Contacted MP June, 2022, application not touched
GCMS June, 2022, no info on application
GCMS July, 2022, not yet received
Contacted MP July 25, 2022
Feedback from MP July 27, 2022, Application Escalation to processing office
Request letter from processing office July 27,2022
Updated profile, July 27, 2022
PPR August 4, 2022

Will be back with full gist...

Please what documents are required to send passport to Abuja if biometrics was done in lagos. Info needed urgently to send passport out today. Thank you.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sethtsadopp: 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2022
Ashirioluwa:

If you intend to ship them to the US then don't buy them from Singapore because you will lose more money doing so.

Let us compare the cost of the iPhone 14 pro / 128GB as of today September 19 using the US apple store and
Singapore apple store.

US Apple store / and other US retailers: $999 (Tax not included)

Singapore Apple store: S$1,649 (includes GST of approx. S$108.00). The final cost excluding tax is S$1541.
This final cost of S$1541 is equivalent to US$1095

Even without tax, shipping, and US customs duty (if you ship it to the US) it cost more to buy it from Singapore.

Do your homework right.

I already did my calculations. The IPhones from the US don't come with sim card so it's out of my plans. All the iphones you see in the market are from UK, Dubai and Hong Kong mostly. Plus I'll be able to claim the 7% GST while leaving Singapore
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 12:48am On Sep 23, 2022
Chidx:
Hi dear, please how do we contact MP? What does MP mean?
Applied for a visitor visa for my Dad since May 31 and no update on his profile.
I have raised webforms, they said application is in queue.
I have recently applied for GCMS notes 2 weeks ago, waiting on that.
thanks

Visiting visa is now very slow. Most people that applied months ago are still waiting for it.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sethtsadopp: 6:51am On Sep 23, 2022
Please My PTA application is still at adb supervisor for like 8 days now and my flight is on Monday 26th. Is there any hope at all? Access bank
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Betterlife30: 4:40pm On Sep 23, 2022
sethtsadopp:
Please My PTA application is still at adb supervisor for like 8 days now and my flight is on Monday 26th. Is there any hope at all? Access bank

Getting PTA now takes time. It may even take up to a month at least. I'm not sure you would get it before going.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 1:22am On Sep 24, 2022
Well done bro, if there is no means of uploading the document after downloading and filling in the details, then the issue is most likely from them, what do you think?
Letuspraytogod:
Perhaps I send you my login so you can see there’s no options for submission on the portal!
The one way is webform and emails

Does anyone know why the deadline is being shifted?

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by beebeeA: 3:33am On Sep 24, 2022
Go to the bank. I had to do that and someone assisted within the bank to follow up. Or send an updated document asking for expedited action

sethtsadopp:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davodyguy: 11:47pm On Sep 24, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Flight ticket is not included. It includes 3 Night Hotel, Visa fee, Airport transfer, half day tour and their service charge. Flight is very expensive now. Last week of September is a very busy time in Singapore. There is the Asia Crypto week holding there and also the F1 Grand Prix happening so flight currently is as high as $3500+ for economy, and still rising. I booked it for $1980 on trip.com
Hotel cost too has tripped.
Do you mean the ₦760,000 you paid to the agent doesn't include air ticket's cost?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by sethtsadopp: 8:04am On Sep 25, 2022
davodyguy:

Do you mean the ₦760,000 you paid to the agent doesn't include air ticket's cost?

No
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by davodyguy: 8:22am On Sep 25, 2022
sethtsadopp:

No
No means what?

What makes up that ₦760,000?

I'm about to apply and the cost is not even near ₦100,000 yet.

Can you be more specific?

(1) (2) (3) ... (549) (550) (551) (552) (553) (554) (555) ... (1094) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Milezwadup and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.