Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,590 members, 7,823,561 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:42 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (885) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2335089 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by puffmama: 9:43am On Aug 14, 2023
I saw the image you posted Abt 6 months , I also saw it before I started my application.
I don't know if it was changed recently but when you get to the part you need to upload docs , the part that has proof of funds , there is a question mark next to it like the other uploads required.
If you click on the question mark , you will see where it states at least 4 months . It does not mean you can't use your 6 months .I choose to use 4 months so that I will have less lump sums to explain even though I have docs to justify them .

quote author=mikeayus post=125096812]Thanks for the response. Please where did you see they require 4 months I'm asking because from the link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/supporting-documents.html I can see they require at least 6 months statement.

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by MrALIVE: 10:04am On Aug 14, 2023
Munachimso30:

Did ya get any tracking number? If yes go to vfs and get ya passport
do you mean the application ID or courier tracking number?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 11:33am On Aug 14, 2023
MrALIVE:
do you mean the application ID or courier tracking number?

Tracking ID NO
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:36am On Aug 14, 2023
Nazonly:
Please I have a question on behalf of a friend who went to Canda on a visitor's visa. Whilst his visitor's visa application was still in progress, he applied for a study permit because he said the vv was taking too much time and study permit might come out faster. However, his vv came out first and he decided to travel to Canada. Just last Friday, he got a passport request for his study permit, yet he is already in Canada. What should he do? Does he need to travel back home to submit his passport?

He doesn’t need to travel back home. Since the man is already in Canada, ask him to contact the IRCC Ottawa office client support center through their toll-free number, 1-888-242-2100 (Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.).

He can also send an email to CPC-CTD-Ottawa@cic.gc.ca to ask for guidance on how to go about it. He should include his UCI, application number, and reason for contacting them. The case processing center's (CPC) response time is usually within 72 hours.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 11:57am On Aug 14, 2023
oluayebenz:

Their is no need to rush the application.
Your zenith bank is your genuine salary account, that's the only account I can advice you to use, you can just back it up with your gtb which is your savings account not salary account anymore.
Your friend sending 5m into your account is a red flag 'money lodgement'... So be careful.
Or can you prove it as a gift?

I will advice you to wait till you have a clean 6 months salary account then you can apply for the visa, you will also submit your gtb savings account as backup.

That's just my own personal advice, wait for other people suggestions.
Wish you all the best.

You are a good person

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
I think my case is different here guys listen up please
Applied for this VV in 2021 when I came back from UAE hoping that it will come out after 6months or thereabout but unfortunately it didn’t, I waited and waited but didn’t see any sign of visa approval so I moved on with my normal hustle
I was surprised when I got message from my agent that it have been approved thou he didn’t send me the message early, the 30days window is remaining 3days when he sent me the massage and the letter stated that they can’t give you visa more ya passport validation and guys i have only but 8-9months left in my passport and at this point of time I can’t go for the renewal because of the deadline, so I was left with no choice than to submit my passport
Hold and behold guys I got only but 1yr visa and that 1yr is remaining exactly that 8months on my passport
Guys this is the problem now, I don’t intend coming back after traveling by God’s grace, will this disturb me from getting LMIA job, will they reject me because of the short period in my passport? Can I renew it before coming or do I stand any chance to renew it in there while the process of LMIA is going on
Please your sincere advise
What are the chances in this my case guys ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by JMG12: 12:47pm On Aug 14, 2023
Good afternoon, you can use your gtb acct because your new salary acct doesn't meet the requirement explain in your SOP about the change in salary account by your company and attach the salary alert of 4-6months from gtb and the 2 months from the new bank as evidence and you can also attach the lump sum transaction alert too since both bank is in your name. Mind you each month you might be doing that transfer to your gtb. Or you wait to build up the new acct, as for the 5M do a gift deed for it
mikeayus:
Thanks for the response. Please where did you see they require 4 months I'm asking because from the link
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/visit-canada/supporting-documents.html I can see they require at least 6 months statement.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 12:57pm On Aug 14, 2023
orjohn24:

You coming with vv and I guess something huge is waiting for you ..l hear you.mr town planner...enter first..some make mouth pass u and we know where them dey now😀..better go cook ur alsysum story as backup
Bro what you’re saying is 100% fact but your presentation is harsh n I understand sha, truth is always bitter. You know how naija is nah, ppl just want to escape. I will continue to say this, please plan well o. I’m on work permit rn via spouse, I know how many jobs I’ve applied to n interviews I’ve done. I’m relax bcoz my stay isn’t attached to any employer. I was checking indeed jobs I applied to yesterday, more than 5k ppl applied to dos jobs too. People won’t tell you the reality of things, if vv to work permit is your plan try to have school as backup just incase. I’m still yet to see anyone get LMIA sha, d guy I met here is already activating scul path, d money they charged him for lmia choke. People with diff story sha, also try to link up, information is key here.

Life is good here I won’t lie, as job never show sef I’m still liking it here. That’s bcox I’m not under pressure o n I’ve plan my journey here before I even left naija. Once I can secure a job I’m very sure life will get more better. God help us all.

11 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 1:02pm On Aug 14, 2023
Emmafe:
Bro what you’re saying is 100% fact but your presentation is harsh n I understand sha, truth is always bitter. You know how naija is nah, ppl just want to escape. I will continue to say this, please plan well o. I’m on work permit rn via spouse, I know how many jobs I’ve applied to n interviews I’ve done. I’m relax bcoz my stay isn’t attached to any employer. I was checking indeed jobs I applied to yesterday, more than 5k ppl applied to dos jobs too. People won’t tell you the reality of things, if vv to work permit is your plan try to have school as backup just incase. I’m still yet to see anyone get LMIA sha, d guy I met here is already activating scul path, d money they charged him for lmia choke. People with diff story sha, also try to link up, information is key here.

Life is good here I won’t lie, as job never show sef I’m still liking it here. That’s bcox I’m not under pressure o n I’ve plan my journey here before I even left naija. Once I can secure a job I’m very sure life will get more better. God help us all.

🤔
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by ahmedio2017(m): 3:48pm On Aug 14, 2023
Someone should pls guide me I want to start my application n I wish to do it myself
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by acenazt: 5:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
hello good people of God. good evening please i got a n invite from my friend, i don’t know how to go about it. please can anyone point me through the process of getting a tourist visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by bigfatthing(m): 6:49pm On Aug 14, 2023
Pristine664:

How did you get this? I thought you used Courier.

Or you wrote the tracking number on it by yourself?
They would have sent you an email with the tracking number
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Aug 14, 2023
cheesy wink

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cadno(m): 7:39pm On Aug 14, 2023
orjohn24:

Good u don see it urself..many of them come online turn quack expert sharing fake testimony of an unknow fake friend that arrive camada and just wemt to brampton and got truck license amd got lmia ...all lies...many of this guys no come online again becos some are agent to promote their business and others are just over zealous fellow sharing misleading informatiom and some of them dey refugee camp now .
Actually you can go straight to full G drive test after ur written test WITHOUT waiting one year only if you bring a letter from frsc nigeria that u havemore than 2,years experience you can go directly for Full G test but as per truck ..u need get the license and start from within city driving but just learning truck driving 2 month cannot get u lmia..it a risky job in canada and companies want a person with good experience in canada and it true the indians dominate the truck sector in canada..truck driving is a good profession but takes time to get into the main line not the way thoes quack saying it becos our people like fake juicy story, go and check the guy story and see many likes..so sad!!

Nice one my Guy, well appreciated.
Please my next step now is to use school route.
I got a PGD admission at a college in Ontario, for a 2 years program .
School fees = $19,500 CAD per year. ( $38,000)

I need help to know how much do I need to show as Proof of Fund (POF) to apply at IRCC to get Study permit Visa ??

Who knows please can also add.. na information we de help each other here o
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
Viking07:
cheesy wink

This is the reality of Life anywhere we find ourselves in a New environment. Some people have soft landing with influencers.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by tonero230(m): 8:12pm On Aug 14, 2023
oluayebenz:

Their is no need to rush the application.
Your zenith bank is your genuine salary account, that's the only account I can advice you to use, you can just back it up with your gtb which is your savings account not salary account anymore.
Your friend sending 5m into your account is a red flag 'money lodgement'... So be careful.
Or can you prove it as a gift?

For someone doing business and gets lump sum in his account,does he need to explain the lump sum.

I will advice you to wait till you have a clean 6 months salary account then you can apply for the visa, you will also submit your gtb savings account as backup.

That's just my own personal advice, wait for other people suggestions.
Wish you all the best.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by marveltrades01: 12:52am On Aug 15, 2023
Good evening all.

Sorry for sharing this late:
I and my spouse finally collected our stamped passport last week Friday.

Application submitted: March 16, 2023
Biometric request: March 16, 2023
Biometric done: March 24, 2023
BVL: June 28, 2023
PPR: July 5, 2023
Passport submission to UPS: Wed July 19, 2023
PP received by VFS Lagos: Friday July 21, 2023
PP received by CVAC Abuja OC and to be sent to CVAC Abuja OC: Mon July 24, 2023
PP Collection mail: Thur 10 August , 2023
PP Collected VFS LAGOS: Friday 11 August , 2023

After CVAC Abuja OC: Mon July 24, 2023 there was complete silence, no mail and the VFS tracker kept saying our ‘in transit to IRCC office’ perpetually. I was not bothered at first because I renewed my passport and raised a request to update the passport number on IRCC, I also added the letter to the envolpe which we submitted at VFS with the new passport. I kept checking the IRCC tracker to confirm if my passport number has been updated to the new one because the visa details on the tracker showed my old passport number. Finally Aug 1 the IRCC tracker was updated with my new passport number grin and by Aug 3, the IRCC tracker was already showing closed yet no update on the VFS tracker as it kept saying in transit to IRCC.
Finally on Aug 10, I contacted VFS via the live chat and was told it was still processing it. Alas same day in the afternoon I got all the mails at once including the ready for collection mail. The next day Aug 11 my spouse picked up our passport: went with marriage certificate and consent letter.

Background: Our application was Visiting a friend in Canada with the intent to give birth. Proposed travel date was 3rd June, however passport request came in few days to when we had our baby smiley

We are processing our baby’s passport and I have to read up on how to go about application for children.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread. The information here was very helpful and instrumental to our application.

We were given visas up to the expiry date of our passport. My new passport is 10years to expries July 2033. I was given 10years multiple entry visa with the expiry date as Mar 2033 which is when the biometric expires.

All the best to everyone still waiting. Let me go and search this thread for what I need to apply for kids of parents with visas already.

marveltrades01:
I contacted the VFS customer service via chat today regarding the progress of my passport. Apparently seems my case was forgotten and all of a sudden I received all the mails at once this evening: from abuja to ircc, ircc to abuja etc till Lagos. Passport is now ready for collection grin

4 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 2:16am On Aug 15, 2023
cadno:

Nice one my Guy, well appreciated.
Please my next step now is to use school route.
I got a PGD admission at a college in Ontario, for a 2 years program .
School fees = $19,500 CAD per year. ( $38,000)

I need help to know how much do I need to show as Proof of Fund (POF) to apply at IRCC to get Study permit Visa ??

Who knows please can also add.. na information we de help each other here o
First year tuition n living expenses of 10k cad. You’ll need to show n explain how you’ll pay the balance in ur SOP.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 4:24am On Aug 15, 2023
marveltrades01:
Good evening all.

PP Collection mail: Thur 10 July, 2023
PP Collected VFS LAGOS: Friday 11 July, 2023

After CVAC Abuja OC: Mon July 24, 2023 there was complete silence, no mail and the VFS tracker kept saying our ‘in transit to IRCC office’ perpetually. I was not bothered at first because I renewed my passport and raised a request to update the passport number on IRCC, I also added the letter to the envolpe which we submitted at VFS with the new passport. I kept checking the IRCC tracker to confirm if my passport number has been updated to the new one because the visa details on the tracker showed my old passport number. Finally Aug 1 the IRCC tracker was updated with my new passport number grin and by Aug 3, the IRCC tracker was already showing closed yet no update on the VFS tracker as it kept saying in transit to IRCC.
Finally on Aug 10, I contacted VFS via the live chat and was told it was still processing it. Alas same day in the afternoon I got all the mails at once including the ready for collection mail. The next day Aug 11 my spouse picked up our passport: went with marriage certificate and consent letter.

Background: Our application was Visiting a friend in Canada with the intent to give birth. Proposed travel date was 3rd June, however passport request came in few days to when we had our baby smiley

We are processing our baby’s passport and I have to read up on how to go about application for children.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread. The information here was very helpful and instrumental to our application.

We were given visas up to the expiry date of our passport. My new passport is 10years to expries July 2033. I was given 10years multiple entry visa with the expiry date as Mar 2033 which is when the biometric expires.

All the best to everyone still waiting. Let me go and search this thread for what I need to apply for kids of parents with visas already.

Congratulations. The baby's process shall be successful 2.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 11:55am On Aug 15, 2023
Congratulations

marveltrades01:
Good evening all.

PP Collection mail: Thur 10 August , 2023
PP Collected VFS LAGOS: Friday 11 August , 2023

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mis3man: 12:52pm On Aug 15, 2023
Munachimso30:

Can I dm you please ?

Well said one thing is sure everyone have different story to tell on their journey to the abroad some had a very soft path even though they had thought it was going to be very difficult when they get their other thought it was going to be very soft when they land but had to face very taught situation. The thing is the story is never the same for me I see whatever move a make towards my sittling in Canada as investment for my children unborn. The story is never the same for everybody but u will never know ur own story until u land in CANADA some despite their plans got there and life was still unbearable
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 1:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mis3man:

Well said one thing is sure everyone have different story to tell on their journey to the abroad some had a very soft path even though they had thought it was going to be very difficult when they get their other thought it was going to be very soft when they land but had to face very taught situation. The thing is the story is never the same for me I see whatever move a make towards my sittling in Canada as investment for my children unborn. The story is never the same for everybody but u will never know ur own story until u land in CANADA some despite their plans got there and life was still unbearable

Who no go,no go know.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 2:15pm On Aug 15, 2023
Mis3man:

Story always differs sure but much info always make it a little bit easier
What I mean is that facing something you know is differ from facing something you don’t even know it exist
All these info both the scary and lovely ones are important to me at least to make me stand more strong and face whatever I may see there
So I will proudly say I love it here
Thanks to everyone and please don’t hesitate to give us more info
I really appreciate
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Mis3man: 2:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
Viking07:
I forgot to add. There are Nigerians here who are genuinely ready to help those stranded without accommodations. In fact there is one igbo woman here. She and her husband dey run one shelter for Africans only.

If you’re coming with no place to stay. I can link you up with them. Instead of paying $400/day for hotel. Use this one find your feet. ✌️

Plz I'm interested kindly put me through
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 2:31pm On Aug 15, 2023
Munachimso30:

Story always differs sure but much info always make it a little bit easier
What I mean is that facing something you know is differ from facing something you don’t even know it exist
All these info both the scary and lovely ones are important to me at least to make me stand more strong and face whatever I may see there
So I will proudly say I love it here
Thanks to everyone and please don’t hesitate to give us more info
I really appreciate

I hope you have booked your ticket?

Don't wait till you have less than 6 months on that passport.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 3:50pm On Aug 15, 2023
oluayebenz:

I hope you have booked your ticket?

Don't wait till you have less than 6 months on that passport.

Sure thanks for ya concern

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Huqo: 4:10pm On Aug 15, 2023
Please who else is getting this "Unknown error occurred" message on the application portal? It's been showing this for days.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Uhunwa: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
She actually wants to know if she will be allowed to search for job. Like apply for jobs.

Getting an offer is one thing; applying for vacancies and searching for a job is another.

Kemexy:
I think you can only work when you get a job with LMIA sponsorship while in Canada and you have you have gotten your work permit. You can't work with only the visitor's visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 8:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
Uhunwa:
She actually wants to know if she will be allowed to search for job. Like apply for jobs.

Getting an offer is one thing; applying for vacancies and searching for a job is another.

U can search for job with VV but can't work without LMIA.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by P4perissos: 9:24pm On Aug 15, 2023
Please who knows anyone that can help with birth package in Winnipeg. The amount I'm seeing is not encouraging atal.
Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by PrimePerfect(m): 6:44am On Aug 16, 2023
Good people in the house... My cousin applied for vv last year in the application he stated he will be staying for 3 weeks.. the visa came out recently with 3 years multiple entry. Now he wants to book his return ticket for 6 months. Will there be issues at Poe please advise
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 8:22am On Aug 16, 2023
PrimePerfect:
Good people in the house... My cousin applied for vv last year in the application he stated he will be staying for 3 weeks.. the visa came out recently with 3 years multiple entry. Now he wants to book his return ticket for 6 months. Will there be issues at Poe please advise
It depends on his interior motives for moving to Canada but as it is now let him stick to what it's on the application den make a decision in Canada. It's better u gain entry 1st than deportation.

(1) (2) (3) ... (882) (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.