Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,533 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (886) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2334836 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:33am On Aug 16, 2023
PrimePerfect:
Good people in the house... My cousin applied for vv last year in the application he stated he will be staying for 3 weeks.. the visa came out recently with 3 years multiple entry. Now he wants to book his return ticket for 6 months. Will there be issues at Poe please advise

Your cousin should better not try it....

A very big issue at POE
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by evachy: 8:34am On Aug 16, 2023
Viking07:
I forgot to add. There are Nigerians here who are genuinely ready to help those stranded without accommodations. In fact there is one igbo woman here. She and her husband dey run one shelter for Africans only.

If you’re coming with no place to stay. I can link you up with them. Instead of paying $400/day for hotel. Use this one find your feet. ✌️

Please do share I am interested.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by yinkzzboy: 8:36am On Aug 16, 2023
Congratulations boss
Is your type of visa a Visit Visa?
marveltrades01:
Good evening all.

Sorry for sharing this late:
I and my spouse finally collected our stamped passport last week Friday.

Application submitted: March 16, 2023
Biometric request: March 16, 2023
Biometric done: March 24, 2023
BVL: June 28, 2023
PPR: July 5, 2023
Passport submission to UPS: Wed July 19, 2023
PP received by VFS Lagos: Friday July 21, 2023
PP received by CVAC Abuja OC and to be sent to CVAC Abuja OC: Mon July 24, 2023
PP Collection mail: Thur 10 August , 2023
PP Collected VFS LAGOS: Friday 11 August , 2023

After CVAC Abuja OC: Mon July 24, 2023 there was complete silence, no mail and the VFS tracker kept saying our ‘in transit to IRCC office’ perpetually. I was not bothered at first because I renewed my passport and raised a request to update the passport number on IRCC, I also added the letter to the envolpe which we submitted at VFS with the new passport. I kept checking the IRCC tracker to confirm if my passport number has been updated to the new one because the visa details on the tracker showed my old passport number. Finally Aug 1 the IRCC tracker was updated with my new passport number grin and by Aug 3, the IRCC tracker was already showing closed yet no update on the VFS tracker as it kept saying in transit to IRCC.
Finally on Aug 10, I contacted VFS via the live chat and was told it was still processing it. Alas same day in the afternoon I got all the mails at once including the ready for collection mail. The next day Aug 11 my spouse picked up our passport: went with marriage certificate and consent letter.

Background: Our application was Visiting a friend in Canada with the intent to give birth. Proposed travel date was 3rd June, however passport request came in few days to when we had our baby smiley

We are processing our baby’s passport and I have to read up on how to go about application for children.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread. The information here was very helpful and instrumental to our application.

We were given visas up to the expiry date of our passport. My new passport is 10years to expries July 2033. I was given 10years multiple entry visa with the expiry date as Mar 2033 which is when the biometric expires.

All the best to everyone still waiting. Let me go and search this thread for what I need to apply for kids of parents with visas already.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cadno(m): 1:46pm On Aug 16, 2023
Emmafe:
First year tuition n living expenses of 10k cad. You’ll need to show n explain how you’ll pay the balance in ur SOP.
Wow, great.

That means what I need is :
Year 1 school Fund ( 1st and 2nd semester) $9,500 + $9,500= $19,000

Living expensis $10,000

Total = $29,000

So if I tell them I will find work to pay the Balance will that fly ? Or what type of story do I tell to justify how I will pay the balance??
Thanks 🙏 Alot
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by giggspro(m): 1:51pm On Aug 16, 2023
Please I want to ask if someone without travel history be denied tourist visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by cadno(m): 1:56pm On Aug 16, 2023
PrimePerfect:
Good people in the house... My cousin applied for vv last year in the application he stated he will be staying for 3 weeks.. the visa came out recently with 3 years multiple entry. Now he wants to book his return ticket for 6 months. Will there be issues at Poe please advise

Normally you will state that the visit is for say 2 or 3 weeks on your application. Stick to that on your return ticket.

When you get to Canada you are safe to stay till your 6 months max. That is if your plans to converting to another status no work. But don't stay beyond 6 months on Visitors Visa at a time

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by P4perissos: 2:48pm On Aug 16, 2023
PrimePerfect:

Don't even try it. They will send him back. For sure. Better to book a week return ticket and push when you pass immigration.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Josy18ng: 4:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
Good evening people, trust your day is going on well, please I need a suggestion here, my friend just got refused of a Canada conference visa yesterday, the reason was that he doesn't have a legitimate business in Canada and he wants to reapply for tourist visa against December. What is his chances?
Also how do I cancel visa application on IRCC

Pls everyone , your response will be highly appreciated 🙏 🙏🙏🙏🙏
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Emmafe(m): 4:52pm On Aug 16, 2023
cadno:

Wow, great.

That means what I need is :
Year 1 school Fund ( 1st and 2nd semester) $9,500 + $9,500= $19,000

Living expensis $10,000

Total = $29,000

So if I tell them I will find work to pay the Balance will that fly ? Or what type of story do I tell to justify how I will pay the balance??
Thanks 🙏 Alot
Not find work o, if you’ve business running just say proceed from it will be use to balance ur fee or if you’ve sponsor.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 6:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
Josy18ng:
Good evening people, trust your day is going on well, please I need a suggestion here, my friend just got refused of a Canada conference visa yesterday, the reason was that he doesn't have a legitimate business in Canada and he wants to reapply for tourist visa against December. What is his chances?
They will suspect foul play because it's too sudden. I think he should relax and let breeze blow small

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Toqunbur: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
The reason is your friend doesn't not have legitimate business in Canada or you mean in Nigeria? Clarify

Josy18ng:

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 6:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
Josy18ng:

They will suspect a foul play because it's too sudden to reapply. I think he should allow breeze blow small.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by uchealo(m): 6:40pm On Aug 16, 2023
Greetings everyone.

Please what amount is enough to be in your account for tourist visa, even if your inviter wants to sponsor your living expenses there and accommodation?

regards.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Josy18ng: 7:08pm On Aug 16, 2023
He was told he doesn't have a legitimate business in Canada . So he decided to put in again for tourist visa since conference visa application didn't work out ..

[/quote]
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by pufframmy: 7:15pm On Aug 16, 2023
congratulations

marveltrades01:
Good evening all.

Sorry for sharing this late:
I and my spouse finally collected our stamped passport last week Friday.

Application submitted: March 16, 2023
Biometric request: March 16, 2023
Biometric done: March 24, 2023
BVL: June 28, 2023
PPR: July 5, 2023
Passport submission to UPS: Wed July 19, 2023
PP received by VFS Lagos: Friday July 21, 2023
PP received by CVAC Abuja OC and to be sent to CVAC Abuja OC: Mon July 24, 2023
PP Collection mail: Thur 10 August , 2023
PP Collected VFS LAGOS: Friday 11 August , 2023

After CVAC Abuja OC: Mon July 24, 2023 there was complete silence, no mail and the VFS tracker kept saying our ‘in transit to IRCC office’ perpetually. I was not bothered at first because I renewed my passport and raised a request to update the passport number on IRCC, I also added the letter to the envolpe which we submitted at VFS with the new passport. I kept checking the IRCC tracker to confirm if my passport number has been updated to the new one because the visa details on the tracker showed my old passport number. Finally Aug 1 the IRCC tracker was updated with my new passport number grin and by Aug 3, the IRCC tracker was already showing closed yet no update on the VFS tracker as it kept saying in transit to IRCC.
Finally on Aug 10, I contacted VFS via the live chat and was told it was still processing it. Alas same day in the afternoon I got all the mails at once including the ready for collection mail. The next day Aug 11 my spouse picked up our passport: went with marriage certificate and consent letter.

Background: Our application was Visiting a friend in Canada with the intent to give birth. Proposed travel date was 3rd June, however passport request came in few days to when we had our baby smiley

We are processing our baby’s passport and I have to read up on how to go about application for children.

I want to say a big thank you to everyone on this thread. The information here was very helpful and instrumental to our application.

We were given visas up to the expiry date of our passport. My new passport is 10years to expries July 2033. I was given 10years multiple entry visa with the expiry date as Mar 2033 which is when the biometric expires.

All the best to everyone still waiting. Let me go and search this thread for what I need to apply for kids of parents with visas already.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 7:22pm On Aug 16, 2023
Josy18ng:
He was told he doesn't have a legitimate business in Canada . So he decided to put in again for tourist visa since conference visa application didn't work out ..

You have to give at least 6months gap before reapplying
That’s what the law said

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mojisolani: 7:32pm On Aug 16, 2023
Josy18ng:

You dont need to have a business in Canada before you apply for a conference, look at the refused letter very well,you may be refused if the conference doesn't go along with your work .

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by puffmama: 7:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
This is what people do in circumstances like this .

They get a return ticket to show the period they specified in their form ..when they are allowed entry , they will then change the return date could be a day or two after. If it's same class of ticket , it will just be date change fee but if it's a different class , ( even though it's same economy ) the person will now pay the fare difference . If you booked the ticket click on manage my booking , enter your reference number and last name , effect the changes and pay ..if you used an agent , he can also get it done from naija

PrimePerfect:

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Gentlesoul3268: 8:54pm On Aug 16, 2023
No many people gotten their visa without travel history

giggspro:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 10:13pm On Aug 16, 2023
Munachimso30:

That’s what the law said
It's not true
It's stated in the refusal letter
Applying immediately is allowed
There is no such law that u re quoting wen it comes to Canada visit visa

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 2:05am On Aug 17, 2023
Munachimso30:

That’s what the law said

Please point me to the law.

This is not true. You can always reapply immediately for canada visas.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 2:27am On Aug 17, 2023
giggspro:
I don't think so.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shegzyfash: 4:05am On Aug 17, 2023
Chizobabasilia1:
Play I would like to have your contact for some information. @samplay1

@samplay1 I just came back from Canada with a visiting visa last week tuesday, pls i dont mind if u can recommend a truck driving school that is recognize by the Canadian government or the particular one your friend used. thanks
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by dkingslayer99: 5:14am On Aug 17, 2023
HonWise:
Hello Friends,

If you are coming to Niagara College Welland Campus, I have 2 suitable room for student, 1 minute walk to bus stop, grocery stores near by. It is a new basement, kitchen furnished but rooms are not. Reach me for enquiries, available for immediate occupation, beyond September 1st it may no longer be available.

Success to everyone waiting for PPR, safe travel to those enroute.

Still available??
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by alakara(m): 9:12am On Aug 17, 2023
shegzyfash:

@samplay1 I just came back from Canada with a visiting visa last week tuesday, pls i dont mind if u can recommend a truck driving school that is recognize by the Canadian government or the particular one your friend used. thanks

Can you tell us your experience pertaining to the truck driving school. There's a truck driving school in Canada that can train you if you have a G license.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:52am On Aug 17, 2023
Please after biometrics , mine is showing completed under biometrics but others is not showing completed but the biometrics number and expiry date is there. Still showing check your messages for you to do biometrics. What do I do please ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Yinka200(m): 10:18am On Aug 17, 2023
alakara:

Can you tell us your experience pertaining to the truck driving school. There's a truck driving school in Canada that can train you if you have a G license.

Pls what do u mean by G license?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shegzyfash: 10:19am On Aug 17, 2023
alakara:

What I noticed and information I gathered there before coming is that truck driving is among the profession they needed at the moment and knowing how to drive it will be the easiest way to convert your visitor visa to a working visa
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shegzyfash: 10:26am On Aug 17, 2023
Yinka200:

Pls what do u mean by G license?

G licence simply means class G which allows you to drive articulated vehicles
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shegzyfash: 10:30am On Aug 17, 2023
SweetJJ:

I don't think so.
No because I never had any travel history before I was approved
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 10:37am On Aug 17, 2023
Phemos:

It's not true
It's stated in the refusal letter
Applying immediately is allowed
There is no such law that u re quoting wen it comes to Canada visit visa

Here

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Munachimso30(m): 10:39am On Aug 17, 2023
SweetJJ:

Please point me to the law.

This is not true. You can always reapply immediately for canada visas.

Most things got online might not be true so you need to ask someone with experience but got what I said online

(1) (2) (3) ... (883) (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: odehbrainard and 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.