Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,557 members, 7,823,448 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. - Travel (887) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. (2334948 Views)

Processing Canada Visit Visa From The US. Kindly Share Your Experience / Interesting Places And Tourist Attractions In Lagos / Lagos Shoprite Turns To A Tourist Centre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1107) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 10:58am On Aug 17, 2023
giggspro:
Please I want to ask if someone without travel history be denied tourist visa

The chances of getting visa to any country for a first timer is very low as compared to those applicants with travel experience.

Can a first timer or person without travel experience get a visa? The answer is yes.

You can get it if you have the right documents and you packaged your application well.

There are lot of first timers here that got visa recently.

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Ashirioluwa: 11:10am On Aug 17, 2023
Munachimso30:

You have to give at least 6months gap before reapplying
That’s what the law said

There is no time restriction on resubmitting an application after a refusal, but generally, it is advisable to wait a bit before submitting a new application so as not to appear too desperate.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phakabir06: 11:30am On Aug 17, 2023
Good morning All. Just got my gcms notes. I was the one that I was told to submit police certificate in Nigeria and in the united states. Which have done . The gcms note is for me and my wife. Kindly find attached. Our son application will depend on us so I didnt request for his own. The first two attachment is for me and and the last two is for my wife. Please what do we expect. Also I called the MP before the gcms came out and they also said eligibility and criminality passed which is what I saw on the gcms note. The police certificate have been received since june and nothing again till this moment.

1 Share

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 12:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hello house,

Please, can one be referred to the page that gives full list of docs to submit for visit or conference visa?

It will be fully appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by shegzyfash: 12:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
uchealo:
Greetings everyone.

Please what amount is enough to be in your account for tourist visa, even if your inviter wants to sponsor your living expenses there and accommodation?

regards.

Since you have a sponsor I don't think you really need to put yours because I didn't put mine only my sponsor own was there and it was approved

2 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by puffmama: 12:50pm On Aug 17, 2023
I think uploading your bank statement even if you have a sponsor has to do with your age , though I don't have any info to back this .
It can fly for someone in his / her 20s but if you are 30 and above, you are expected to be working or in business and earning , your balance may not influence their decision but it shows a form of ties. You have a job and you are earning and it further supports the letter of introduction or any other employment related doc you plan to upload .
But wait for the experts to respond

shegzyfash:

Since you have a sponsor I don't think you really need to put yours because I didn't put mine only my sponsor own was there and it was approved

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 1:32pm On Aug 17, 2023
Munachimso30:

Most things got online might not be true so you need to ask someone with experience but got what I said online

Next time get your facts right from ircc site itself. Anyone can post anything online. Find attached. Ircc site says you can reapply anytime after the refusal. The only difference is that you have to provide a letter of explanation and more documents especially for the reasons you were refused. I know people that did this and it works.

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please, what are the documents needed for a conference visa? An agent said one needs N3.5m.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please I and my kids have done biometrics and it’s showing completed on the portal but my child in the Uk did hers before us here in Nigeria but her own is not completed yet but I can see the biometrics number , date she did it and expiring date. What do I do please ? Or it doesn’t matter ?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 2:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
Phakabir06:
Good morning All. Just got my gcms notes. I was the one that I was told to submit police certificate in Nigeria and in the united states. Which have done . The gcms note is for me and my wife. Kindly find attached. Our son application will depend on us so I didnt request for his own. The first two attachment is for me and and the last two is for my wife. Please what do we expect. Also I called the MP before the gcms came out and they also said eligibility and criminality passed which is what I saw on the gcms note. The police certificate have been received since june and nothing again till this moment.

Send emails and webforms ask for updates on your application
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Phemos: 2:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
Munachimso30:

Here

😄😄😄
My man this one no be law nah
This one na wetin u browse for Google nah
I dey tell u say their refusal letter which I have one allows for immediate re application
Always try to get information from people with experience and not what someone concluded in his or her mind and then displayed it online.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 2:54pm On Aug 17, 2023
Phemos:

😄😄😄
My man this one no be law nah
This one na wetin u browse for Google nah
I dey tell u say their refusal letter which I have one allows for immediate re application
Always try to get information from people with experience and not what someone concluded in his or her mind and then displayed it online.

U made a point. If he has additional information to add to his application then apply immediately but if not then wait a while. LOBATAN

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Kennyg290: 2:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
slimmsyyetty:
Please, what are the documents needed for a conference visa? An agent said one needs N3.5m.

Just try and make ur POF reads like #7M , passport den think of home ties documents.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 3:35pm On Aug 17, 2023
God bless you for your response. I am grateful. The hometie and pof are noted. Please, could you help me list out the docs I need to submit?

Kennyg290:

Just try and make ur POF reads like #7M , passport den think of home ties documents.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by puffmama: 4:27pm On Aug 17, 2023
I think 3.5M is too low for proof of funds, considering ticket to Canada now can be as high as 2M+ and you are not expected to use all your savings for a vacation .
So maybe like 7M and above
slimmsyyetty:
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by SweetJJ: 4:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Finally my mom collected her passport yesterday (through courier). I really cannot tell why the stamping took so long.

Full timeline
Visitor visa application submitted: June 21,
Biometrics: June 28th
BVL and PPR: July 10th
Passport submitted; July 11th
Passport Received back: August 16th

All the same, we praise Jehovah!!!

11 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
Please, could you share the docs she submitted? Thanks

SweetJJ:
Finally my mom collected her passport yesterday (through courier). I really cannot tell why the stamping took so long.

Full timeline

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 5:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Congratulations

SweetJJ:

Full timeline

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funsho03(m): 6:42pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hi everyone
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by funsho03(m): 6:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hi everyone

9 Likes

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 6:59pm On Aug 17, 2023
Wow , congratulations

funsho03:
Hi everyone, congratulations to me and my family ( Family of 6) PPR mail dropped exactly 90days.
Application Submission May 16, 2023
Biometric May 24, 2023
PPR August 16, 2023.
First application and no travel history.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by mikeayus(m): 7:28pm On Aug 17, 2023
slimmsyyetty:
lies from the pit of hell.....All you need is a well packaged visit visa application, conference registration fees and your flight ticket.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hassti: 7:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
Good evenin gurus,really appreciate the good works here,pls am new to this site.pls i just to be sure of my trip to Canada on my visit visa, curs am a first time traveller,my International passport is Expiring in the next six month and am entering Canada base on what is left on the passport curs my ticket have been book aready.my question is,at the port of entry base on my six months validity that is left on Passport that will start counting on my arrival at the airports,I hope am good to go without any issue at Cbsa kiosk.curs what i had is that before you embark on an International trip you most have atleast six month validity on your Passport,just want to be sure of this statement.pls really need ur input on this inorder for me to be sure of myself.will realy appreciate your input thanks.
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by slimmsyyetty: 7:53pm On Aug 17, 2023
Congrats to you and your family. Can you please in God's name share the lists of docs submitted 🙏 . Thanks and God bless you 🙏

funsho03:
Hi everyone, congratulations to me and my family ( Family of 6) PPR mail dropped exactly 90days.
Application Submission May 16, 2023
Biometric May 24, 2023
PPR August 16, 2023.
First application and no travel history.

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:09pm On Aug 17, 2023
hassti:
Good evenin gurus,really appreciate the good works here,pls am new to this site.pls i just to be sure of my trip to Canada on my visit visa, curs am a first time traveller,my International passport is Expiring in the next six month and am entering Canada base on what is left on the passport curs my ticket have been book aready.my question is,at the port of entry base on my six months validity that is left on Passport that will start counting on my arrival at the airports,I hope am good to go without any issue at Cbsa kiosk.curs what i had is that before you embark on an International trip you most have atleast six month validity on your Passport,just want to be sure of this statement.pls really need ur input on this inorder for me to be sure of myself.will realy appreciate your input thanks.

You are free to travel.

How long is the difference in your return ticket?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by hassti: 8:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Good to here from bro realy appreciate. My travel itinerary is ten days.once again really appreciate.
oluayebenz:

You are free to travel.

How long is the difference in your return ticket?
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by oluayebenz: 8:58pm On Aug 17, 2023
hassti:
Good to here from bro realy appreciate. My travel itinerary is ten days.once again really appreciate.

Then your safe to travel

1 Like

Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cal2020: 9:03pm On Aug 17, 2023
Hi, can someone please explain where I can upload passport photograph on the new IRCC portal for visit visa application? I am all the way down to the payment section I didn’t see where to upload passport photo or is it not required for this application? Thanks in advance!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:20pm On Aug 17, 2023
Check well , it’s there when you are through filling the form

Cal2020:
Hi, can someone please explain where I can upload passport photograph on the new IRCC portal for visit visa application? I am all the way down to the payment section I didn’t see where to upload passport photo or is it not required for this application? Thanks in advance!
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by Cal2020: 9:24pm On Aug 17, 2023
meljoe:
Check well , it’s there when you are through filling the form

Where precisely please? is not suppose to be under document section? Only passport/travel document, funds, employment, use of rep form and additional documents that is showing .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by meljoe: 9:43pm On Aug 17, 2023
That’s all , you don’t need passport photograph. When you go for biometrics , they will take a picture of you and your biometrics too

Cal2020:

Where precisely please? is not suppose to be under document section? Only passport/travel document, funds, employment, use of rep form and additional documents that is showing .
Re: Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. by puffmama: 9:45pm On Aug 17, 2023
There is a space for upload photo now and it's not on the list for optional docs

meljoe:
That’s all , you don’t need passport photograph. When you go for biometrics , they will take a picture of you and your biometrics too

(1) (2) (3) ... (884) (885) (886) (887) (888) (889) (890) ... (1107) (Reply)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: oluayebenz and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.