Stats: 3,161,146 members, 7,845,795 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election (38635 Views)

Tribunal Nullifies Election Of PDP Rep For Lack Of Educational Qualification / Presidency, PDP Reject Card Reader For Election / Court Orders Papers Served On Jonathan Over Qualification For 2015 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 3:48am On Jan 21, 2015
atbu1983:
The 1999 constitution does not require a certificate. The principal report and recommendation is enough evidence of education to school certificate level. WAEC is just one of the prove but not d only prove. because WAEC needs evidence of ur education b4 you can write WAEC. Again all one needs to have a waec certificate is just one D8 ot P8

Illiterate,your write up is distasteful

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Validated: 3:52am On Jan 21, 2015
[size=18pt]Buhari should be decommissioned to Sargent Major as he was not qualified to rise beyond that rank in the Nigeria Army. This would serve as deterrent to other frauds in Nigeria.
We forgive him for all the salaries and pensions he collected before now.[/size]

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by neocortex: 3:52am On Jan 21, 2015
I haven't seen any reasonable person who defends their qualifications with mouth instead of documents.
Buhari , bypassing due process and the rule of law since the 1960's

GEJ:PROGRESS

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by mekd: 4:01am On Jan 21, 2015
lordhugo:
.....and GEJ Said-

Fayose's wahala is too much for me o!

[img]http://typicalniggerbehavior.files./2010/02/goodluck_jonathan.jpg[/img]

Between GEJ and GMB.
Good-day friends
A friend asked me this a while ago and i want to share my 'personal answers' with you all.
He said, "and were u satisfied with GMB previous extremism? a religious bigot,etc Jona isn't better at all but GMB worse,dey for give us better candidates like oshiomole,fashola ,Amaechi,etc u can't count them,look at this night news army opened up for the first not having his certificate and his results are an eyesore"
MY REPLY....
This would be the first time i am going fully political on public media online...
[b]1. GMB has never been involved in any religious extremism! He is an islamic fundamentalist which is to say the same thing as ,'i am a christian fundamentalist. A fundamentalist is someone who believes in the fundamental principles of his or her chosen religion.

2. Politics is a game of interests and numbers! Buhari is the strongest candidate that a party such as the APC can field because he has the britest chance of winning the incumbent in this election rigging environment. The likes of fashola and baba osho will be aides to buhari. Have you not heard that fashola will be GMB's C.O.S?

4. If you can believe the current hullabaloo on GMB's certificate, then you can believe anything. Buhari's certificates were looted after he was overthrown by IBB and their cohorts. GMB was the head boy of the provincial government school in katsina. His classmate was Gen. Shehu yar'adua.
Allow me ask you this question, if you misplace your ssce result after getting a B.Sc and M.Sc , is that SSCE the certificate you will produce when you already have higher credentials as your 'MINIMUM REQUIREMENT?

5. PDP knows they do not have any case concerning GMB's certificate. If they do, THEY WOULD HAVE BEEN IN COURT A LONG TIME AGO. ALL THEY ARE DOING RIGHT NOW IS WHIPPING UP PUBLIC SENTIMENTS TO HOODWINK YOU AND I AWAY FROM ISSUES BASED CAMPAIGN TO ONE OF MEDIOCRITY AND UTTER DISDAIN FOR SPORTSMANSHIP.

THAT BEING SAID, MAY THE BEST MAN WIN........but come feb. 14th i will vote for GMB.
Sincerely,
LORDHUGO
[/b]

IF BUHARI PRESENTS GALA CELLOPHANE WRAPPER, I WILL STILL VOTE HIM!
absolute nonsense, let him SHOW US his cert

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by mekd: 4:12am On Jan 21, 2015
jorlons:
My God this country is indeed gone....I can't believe ppl on this thread are fighting over certificate. This is how we repay the ppl that fought to keep this nation together. The north were never useless, they were hardworking thank God for history that has it documented that they exported pyramids of groundnuts to contribute to the economy.

What is all these. Ppl have chosen corruption, insecurity, unemployment over a slight chance that may lead to change without giving it the slightest thought.

People nw take delight in making mockery of those who @ least contributed to the society all because of a useless paper which in modern Nigeria cannot get you the Job of a teacher. i can't express enough hw disgusted I'm.

For those supporting GEJ know that in 2011 we were together but now me and my household are out of it. If GEJ emerges d winner it's because u all voted him not me and when calamity befalls us you will eat your consciences. Thesame will apply to me if GMB wins and fails to deliver.
my friend due process must be followed, no need for this long story, let him just SHOW US his cert, gone are those days of quota system, now u must merit it ooo, everyday for the thief one day for the owner

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by yetunsbay(m): 4:38am On Jan 21, 2015
freshness2020:
...We will also need an English interpreter for a better translation..still looking for the meaning of kworoption in my dictionary!
GEJ2015...
only a learned fellow can comprehend that whc I bliv u are.At least the sayer has communicated

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by kay1one(m): 5:13am On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari should not be allowed to contest! Even if he shows certificate he has lied under oath and its probably a product of oluwole!

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by great664(m): 5:18am On Jan 21, 2015
Ni, its still Valid until you are caught, use your head pls, when you forge SSCE to get admission into Uni. In your finals if caught you will start from afresh, so your general will be stripped of all his qualification and honours
Genius100:

Really? Are you this daft? So the waec certificate, bachelor's and masters degrees for all the people that skipped primary 6 to go to secondary school and therefore do not have a primary school leaving certificate is null and void?

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by kay1one(m): 5:31am On Jan 21, 2015
Present certificate you dey call press conference! Chai!

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by knightsTempler: 5:49am On Jan 21, 2015
"Buhari has said he was allowed to run for president on three previous occasions (in 2003, 2007 and 2011) and the electoral body found nothing untoward."

While I do not know who is telling the truth, I do not believe that if mistakes were made in previous occasions that that mistake cannot or should not be corrected when discovered!

I really do not believe that the military was dragged into it by Jonathan. It was Buhari who dragged the military into it when he claimed that his credentials are with the military. Of course, the military has the obligation to clarify the record about what they have. Buhari must find another source to satisfy that requirement. As a former military man, every record you have in your record should be in your personnel file. In fact, you are supposed to retain a copy of it.

Alternatively, go back to your school and have them supply you with a replacement. If a replacement cannot be readily secured due to the time it happened, Buhari should be able to marshal his classmates to vouch that he graduated with them, which, in combination with other circumstantial evidence, should be sufficient to carry his burden.

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by odehaj: 5:55am On Jan 21, 2015
kay1one:
Present certificate you dey call press conference! Chai!
some of you have been spurring trash as if corruption,incompetence&cluelessness are your birthrights as a nation...sue him to court now,what u waiting for? Any other means of disqualifying that corrupt-free man and Nigeria will know no peace.He is here to flush the system and get the nation back o track but the corrupt ones want to stop him.
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by pat077: 5:56am On Jan 21, 2015
We are waiting
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by kay1one(m): 5:56am On Jan 21, 2015
odehaj:
some of you have been spurring trash as if corruption,incompetence&cluelessness are your birthrights as a nation...sue him to court now,what u waiting for? Any other means of disqualifying that corrupt-free man and Nigeria will know no peace.He is here to flush the system and get the nation back o track but the corrupt ones want to stop him.

Ok. The kworopt ones won't suphort him!

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by odehaj: 6:27am On Jan 21, 2015
Campaign should be issues based!But because some people are scared,they know that they have lost the crowd due to years of in competencies &cluelessness they say.."do you want a man that will jail your loved ones for 300years?"..where's his wife?"...He should Jog round each campaign arena before speeches to show he's as fit as fiddle".."He is old,he's aged"...phone number rubbish...And now, SHOW YOUR CERTIFICATE.." the equivalence of certificate is it not work experience?? Most youth who are buying into the gimmicks of the sinking ruling party have these certificates everywhere WITHOUT JOBS..THINK!!! By day break, thank God it is,when GMB clears your doubts your mouth would be glued for ever Change has come!
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by bandol(m): 6:27am On Jan 21, 2015
jerseyboy:
The past cheating by hausa fulani is catching up with them
Poilitics aside. I think this is the real issue on ground. While they allowed the southerners to go through hell, northers have it on the bed of roses. Haven't u heard of an Hausa permanent secrtary in a federal ministry with just OND. How did he get there?

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by judekoffi(m): 6:30am On Jan 21, 2015
They say a journey of hundreds of miles start with a step,this certificate scandal would be the first face to tackle corruption,then GOOD
LUCK 2015 is real.

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by dorodee(m): 6:40am On Jan 21, 2015
jorlons:
My God this country is indeed gone....I can't believe ppl on this thread are fighting over certificate. This is how we repay the ppl that fought to keep this nation together. The north were never useless, they were hardworking thank God for history that has it documented that they exported pyramids of groundnuts to contribute to the economy.

What is all these. Ppl have chosen corruption, insecurity, unemployment over a slight chance that may lead to change without giving it the slightest thought.

People nw take delight in making mockery of those who @ least contributed to the society all because of a useless paper which in modern Nigeria cannot get you the Job of a teacher. i can't express enough hw disgusted I'm.

For those supporting GEJ know that in 2011 we were together but now me and my household are out of it. If GEJ emerges d winner it's because u all voted him not me and when calamity befalls us you will eat your consciences. Thesame will apply to me if GMB wins and fails to deliver.

omg. ... did I hear you say useless paper? That's what Boko Haram also think of western certificates... do you belong to their school of thought..... I also want change but please not a questionable one...... Buhari should throw his heavy weight behind a younger person like Rochas, Fashola, etc.

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by jorlons(m): 6:53am On Jan 21, 2015
dorodee:

omg. ... did I hear you say useless paper? That's what Boko Haram also think of western certificates... do you belong to their school of thought..... I also want change but please not a questionable one...... Buhari should throw his heavy weight behind a younger person like Rochas, Fashola, etc.
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 7:04am On Jan 21, 2015
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 7:06am On Jan 21, 2015
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by kajoula(m): 7:14am On Jan 21, 2015
cornerstone2019:
We are waiting Mr president, though my mind ad been made up for you wit or without ur explanation. GMB.

Make it up..ul be disappointed in him,
illitrate who think the SW/SS/SE elites are dumb ass like every northerner grin

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by sonssyo(f): 7:16am On Jan 21, 2015
my friend present ur certificate joor, dats why u entered nig army in anticipation to get ur result.there is notin to present. corruption started frm d north,laying pipes frm ph -kd.greedy people,rising to general without weac,MASTERS IN CORRUPION

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 21, 2015
The 1999 constitution does not require a certificate. The principal report and recommendation is enough evidence of education to school certificate level. WAEC is just one of the prove but not d only prove. because WAEC needs evidence of ur education b4 you can write WAEC (WAEC need your continuous assessment from your school is needed. And continuous assessment is a percentage in your SSCE result). Again all one needs to have a waec certificate is just one D8. For those who have be quoting my comment without knowing what do law says, read below.

Read 1999 Constitution below.

The 1999 Constitution is explicit in its interpretation of Section 131 of the 1999 Constitution by Section 318.

Section 131 states: “A person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if (a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) he has attained the age of forty (40) years; (c )he is a member of a political party; and (d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

“In Section 318, School certificate or equivalent means (a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or (b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

“(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and (i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) for a minimum of 10 years; and

“(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

“(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English Language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC); and

“(d) Any other qualification acceptable by INEC.”
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 7:18am On Jan 21, 2015

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by DeCritique(m): 7:20am On Jan 21, 2015
We have less than two hours to go. Can't wait to see the generale present his certificate with suya stains all over it.

Seems like mama Sikira has helped him find it!! Kworroption my foot!!!

#gEJ till Buharia sees his certificate!!

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Liadi2(m): 7:23am On Jan 21, 2015
Why are u people targeting Buhari every time, is he d only d only opposition candidate for presidential election,

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by skyprofm(m): 7:25am On Jan 21, 2015
menesheh:
A truly remarkable fellow!...

Introduction to Buhari APC's Fresidential Crrrrrandidate

Question: How will you grow Nigeria's economy?
"I will stabilise the WORLD OIL MARKET, because that is quicker to do than agriculture etc"
- Buhari (Channels TV)

Question: How will you secure the Nigerian economy from oil price fluctuations?
Buhari: "I will use the AIR FORCE, NAVY and ARMY"
- Buhari (ThisDay)

Question: Sir, can you say "up APC?"
Buhari: "OFF AFEECEE! OFF AFEECEE!! OFF AFEECEE!!!"
- Buhari (In the near future)

If u were considering being a comedian as a profession, I guess u need to go study hard and rewrite JAMB, cos u can't prosper in that field. Dry joke
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 7:26am On Jan 21, 2015
[quote author=asokoromadam post=29982403]

Illiterate,your write up is distasteful[/quote)

The 1999 constitution does not require a certificate. The principal report and recommendation is enough evidence of education to school certificate level. WAEC is just one of the prove but not d only prove. because WAEC needs evidence of ur education b4 you can write WAEC (WAEC need your continuous assessment from your school is needed. And continuous assessment is a percentage in your SSCE result). Again all one needs to have a waec certificate is just one D8. For those who have be quoting my comment without knowing what do law says, read below.

Read 1999 Constitution below.

The 1999 Constitution is explicit in its interpretation of Section 131 of the 1999 Constitution by Section 318.

Section 131 states: “A person shall be qualified for election to the office of President if (a) he is a citizen of Nigeria by birth; (b) he has attained the age of forty (40) years; (c )he is a member of a political party; and (d) he has been educated up to at least School Certificate level or its equivalent.

“In Section 318, School certificate or equivalent means (a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or (b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

“(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and (i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission(INEC) for a minimum of 10 years; and

“(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

“(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English Language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC); and

“(d) Any other qualification acceptable by INEC.”
Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by macjireh: 7:26am On Jan 21, 2015
FailBuhari will tell

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by shizzle11(m): 7:30am On Jan 21, 2015
Thinkr nice job man, thanks for educating and tutoring that girl olas24u just like i did few days back. Her obsession for buhari coupled with her hate for GEJ has beclouded her sense of reasoning.

Viewing facts from an objective and logical angle has become almost an impossible task for she and her ilks such that they become so shamelessly defensive even in the face of blatant lies, deceit, falsehoods and obvious fraudulent antics exhibited and peddled by a so called 'straightforward' 'curruptionless' man.

We are all eyes and ears waiting for the next lie to be attempted to be sold to Nigerians by the so called GMB-#GeneralMyButt..

...lol boys are not smiling smiley

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 21, 2015
We must state clearly that what is on trial here is NOT whether a General of the Nigerian Army is qualified to run for President. That is out of the question because they are more qualified than the rest of us having served in the Army.

However the issues of contention are as follows:

1. Did he lie under oath in affidavit and INEC forms that he has WASC when he does not have one?
2. Has he built a full career purely of falsehood?

The only way to address the above 2 issues is to produce a verifiable certificate from WAEC. That 5 credit and 1 pass he filled out in Military form 199A must be somewhere in WAEC board records!

Re: Buhari To Speak Wednesday Over His Qualification For Election by Onyiido: 7:35am On Jan 21, 2015
alizenbohr:
At first, "it was with the military board".
Then, "it was destroyed when soldiers invaded my house".
Again, "it was 'siezed' by IBB during the coup".
Or you can "ask the US War College".
Finally, "he doesn't need certificate to contest for President".
What next?

Only the truth shall set Buhari free.
... But I hope he has the mind to say that truth.
Bwahahahahahahahaha "rolling on the floor"

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Edo: Chiefs, Elders Reject Oshiomhole’s Pleas / 2019: Atiku Interprets Buhari’s Four Fingers’ Gesture To Lawmakers, Speaks On 12 / President Muhammadu Buhari Visits Ebonyi State (Live Picture Updates)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61