Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,341 members, 7,811,991 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:17 AM

General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria (26992 Views)

Presidency Reacts To Senate’s Rejection Of Buhari’s Plan To Borrow $30bn / See Buhari's Plan For Electricity In Nigeria / Jonathan Lacks Capacity To Secure Nigeria, Fight Corruption - Festus Keyamo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by organic973: 4:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
So Nigerians are sure that BH will be brought to book when GMB sits as president? Can't we see that GEJ can still be the best president ever in nigeria? Be wise enough to vote for the return of GEJ back to office.

2 Likes

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by jorlons(m): 4:38pm On Jan 21, 2015
sambisa5:

when ur buhari is making the country ungovernable with boko harams,,,,,,,u knew quiet well,,,and ur here,,ur mouth is running like tap,,,,gej don't value lives,,,,,

as u av regretted ur 2011,,vote,,,,make sure u don't regret this one,,,,
Its *U knew quite alright* and yes I'm sure I won't hope you can say the same
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Sunky200: 4:44pm On Jan 21, 2015
Tallesty1:
Words...... Nobody trusts politicians anymore, what they say and what they do are never thesame. Jonathan is not perfect, that i know but GMB is not an option. I would have given them(APC) my vote if they had used another person.

yes nobody trust politicians but the masses and the soldiers still trust their commander.
as a retired.and experienced military man he has spoken, proposing some simple ideas

military men don't easily compromise
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by jalay(m): 4:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
Different mindset turning to gambling..
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by sambisa5: 4:50pm On Jan 21, 2015
b1327:
Wen I say d gen wit waec is more intelligent dan d clueless phd holder in office some dummy we come here to say rubbish.

lwkmdfh oooooooooooooo,,,,,,,

people like you,,,,,when u get to the plcae to cast ur vote,,,,,,instead of casting for buhari,,,u see urself casting for jonathan,,,,,,,,cos he is the best
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by organic973: 4:51pm On Jan 21, 2015
Please Nigerian presidential sit is not for trial so there is nothing like try this person or that person. If GEJ has not step down despite the challenges, voting him in is simply getting the challenges of the nation smoothly handled.
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by kingthreat(m): 4:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
sambisa5:

are you sure buhari will reach 2016 before he sleeps in death?,,,,

y r u so myopic?

What I am not sure is if you will get to this time next month before you sleep in death. Stop talking like you're God.
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by aviazuva: 4:57pm On Jan 21, 2015
Sai Buhari.
It is called military strategy and tactics
You dont get them from the zoo
For now we are under utilizing our undercover agents

In the voice of Sera Palen "Our Country is at war and what we need is a tactician and a strategist not a doctor of animals"

Meanwhile AVIANAZU

1 Like

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by GreatSoul: 5:01pm On Jan 21, 2015
@op:

Thank you for bringing up this interview again. I hope you will also
create a thread on GMB's responses to the questions posed to him on
the economy in that interview.
@Topic:

All that GMB said are not new to the government of GEJ. The question to ask
is why have those strategies not yielded the desired outcome? Could it be
becos of issues pre-dating GEJ eg Bakassi and its impact on the friendliness of Cameroun?

The only new strategy GMB has mentioned here is tears and emotional suasion.
Interestingly, i believe he can use these to effectively stop BH but this is only
because the Haramites and much of the north are already emotionally invested in him.
What if he takes over and the Niger Delta guys decide to revolt? Do you imagine his
tears will work with them? All his successful combat experience he talked about has
been with dealing with people culturally attuned to him. Does he also know how to
connect emotionally with NDeltans or any other interest group for that matter?

Seun:

The full interview (with numerous criticisms of the current government and stories about things that happened many years ago):
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-in-quest-to-secure-nigeria/196454/

What do you think?
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by zaragozafather: 5:05pm On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari said he will fight boko because he is a military man all know who boko is so will tell his Boyz to stop work{killing&bombing}of his brothers,so he want let him just tell them to keep clam or put more fire in their side
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Sunky200: 5:06pm On Jan 21, 2015
nwanna89:
I am sure the current administration is doing all these. The real problem with this Boko Haram issue is internal sabotage. I think the govt realized this late, and has started dealing with the problem. Many soldiers and officers are being charged now. Honestly, none of the ideas in that post wowed me. From what my soldier friend who is in the Northeast told me, all those ideas are being implemented currently.

you may be wrong bro, how? if you may ask

I am sure you heard of a comment made by the president some year's back where Mr president categorically said that boko haram sponsors/members are even present in his government.
and what has Mr president done about it?

we hear no more of it

I could vividly recall a time when one private and standard organization released some names of some people sponsoring this dreaded sect,
what happens afterwards?

the government simply reject the report?

if Nigeria government failed to kill and bury this insurgency just because they never bleed together with their friends on the war front which otherwise affects the moral of our once respected military force them I suggest and in full support of a military man taking over

the president together with the respective ladies and gents in his cabinet are not sincere and you and I know that
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by aviazuva: 5:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
The issue of secondary certificate of GMB will be cleared very soon
But what are we doing with his secondary school certificate when he has a bigger certicate?

We have a well celebrated and recognized professor in Nigerian who does not have a Phd certificate

The experience and education GMB gathered havs overtaken the need for the existence of his WASC certificat.

Besides was there form six class in the secondary schools in Nigeria in 1961?

What was that army officer talking about?

And if some of them joined without finishing their secondary school, how do we know if that was the accepted norm during that time

As late as 1985, the military still conscripted people into the armed forces irrespective of their level of education.
they would just park their vehicle by the road and arrested any able bodied male they saw and send them to Kaduna for training.
Many of hem are still in the military today.
Is it them their fault or the fault of the authority that conscripted them.

As at the time Buhari and others joined the military, a simple letter from the Emir or any powerful individual was enoughto see the boy through without any other interview.
Sai Sai Sai Buhari as he is a lesser bad future
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by ROCKETLAUNCHER(m): 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2015
JackBaueress1:
If Jonathan had the same idea on how Buhari intends to eliminate boko haram,then Nigeria wouldn't be in this mess.

Give Buhari the presidency and boko haram will be a thing of the past.

Politics aside, you sound intelligent from this post and previous ones...chop knuckle...
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by zaragozafather: 5:54pm On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari should go and enjoy his because he is over the retirement age and also time is not on his side again as I said befor because he will soon give up.people that is tell him to go is the same people that is going to say he knows that he is not and he persist to go for president seat.and they will write him {RIP}
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2015
Ibime:
If Buhari becomes President, he will be dealing with insurgency in the South as well as North.
You mean the rise of the ND militants again?
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 6:09pm On Jan 21, 2015
The dunce only visited these heroes because it has become clear that he will lose.
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Heffalump(m): 6:22pm On Jan 21, 2015
JackBaueress1:
If Jonathan had the same idea on how Buhari intends to eliminate boko haram,then Nigeria wouldn't be in this mess.

Give Buhari the presidency and boko haram will be a thing of the past.

If you initiate a virus, you surely must know how to eliminate it. When I hear Buhari has an antidote for Bokoharam, I'm not perturbed because he knows certainly where he hid the passwords. I only feel for enlightened Nigerians who knew this tricks but chose to remain gullible, sentiments aside, am from the North by zoning, but why should I join them in this wicked and malicious pranks to snatch power while I watch with my level of education? God will surely judge this generation of people. lipsrsealed
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
sambisa5:

lwkmdfh oooooooooooooo,,,,,,,

people like you,,,,,when u get to the plcae to cast ur vote,,,,,,instead of casting for buhari,,,u see urself casting for jonathan,,,,,,,,cos he is the best
are u sure I don't think so
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by zaragozafather: 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2015
Buhari we have seen your result now the result show us that you will rule Nigeria well and fight corruption to the last with the kind of brain you have it make us to understand that your a useless human being that will rule these country again grin
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by zaragozafather: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2015
Pls we don't need a criminal to rule us again we will forget the past
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by simdam500(m): 8:15pm On Jan 21, 2015
Am so very much sure... he didn't hold his pen to put this into written.... and if we are to ask him how he's going to go bout it... the explanation here will be the opposite...

You see.... the general has got nothing to offer here.

If truly he's not one of the boko haram... then all he has stated here will go away with the election poster...

Only if he belong to the group.... then he's good to go.... by the way did anybody see this

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by ekeneidiagbor: 9:27pm On Jan 21, 2015
i agree with everything except that no 6... It is disgraceful for him to say that the Boko haram sect is stronger than the Nigerian Military... What hopes are u giving the citizens, that the military doesn't av d capacity to annihilate these terrorists and our best option is negotiation...

What an aberration!
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 10:23pm On Jan 21, 2015
Sunky200:

you may be wrong bro, how? if you may ask

I am sure you heard of a comment made by the president some year's back where Mr president categorically said that boko haram sponsors/members are even present in his government.
and what has Mr president done about it?

we hear no more of it

I could vividly recall a time when one private and standard organization released some names of some people sponsoring this dreaded sect,
what happens afterwards?

the government simply reject the report?

if Nigeria government failed to kill and bury this insurgency just because they never bleed together with their friends on the war front which otherwise affects the moral of our once respected military force them I suggest and in full support of a military man taking over

the president together with the respective ladies and gents in his cabinet are not sincere and you and I know that

Oga, it is almost impossible for Boko Haram to get to where they are today without internal saboteurs in the military. Forget dem say dem say talk.

Do you wonder why Nigerian military has performed better in external engagements such as Liberia and Sudan? This has nothing to do with inferior weapons or morale as people say. Has nothing to do with sponsors either. Boko Haram has been wealthy for sometime now...due to bank robberies and kidnap ransoms. they don't need sponsors anymore.

Boko Haram issue is difficult to solve together solely because of moles in the Nigerian military. And I believe the moles come in two forms
1. Those sympathising with the Boko Haram ideology
2. Those feeding fat from increased military expenditure

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
Obiagelli:

What do we vote for if not promises and antecedence. If they fail in thier promises, just kick them out. Thats the essence of democracy in the first place.
how many have been kicked out? Cos I don't remember the electorates kicking anyone out fater elections.
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by konos(f): 10:25pm On Jan 21, 2015
Bihari, talk, talk and talk! U when someone is not the driving a car, he wil say "if I am giving the opportunity to drive, I will do so and so..." it is so easy to criticize. But when he gets there will he do as promised? I rest my case grin
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:33pm On Jan 21, 2015
Obiagelli:

What do we vote for if not promises and antecedence. If they fail in thier promises, just kick them out. Thats the essence of democracy in the first place.
how many have been kicked our, cos Nigerians only complain about their leaders, calling them namee.The electorate don't stand up to kick out those who have failed to fulfil their promises. They allow them to rule for as long as they want until another general election. Do u call the kicking out?. They always play saviour before election and turn to demons after elections. I think all these ppl telling us the wonders they will perform when they win election, if they r good nigerians should help the leaders with those ideas, they must not be governors or presidents to help us out.
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jan 21, 2015
BokoHaramm:
Lies from a BH sponsor

4yrs later after sharia is shoved down our throats and beheadings and amputations and public floggings become thw order of the day
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by mindtricks: 11:49pm On Jan 21, 2015
nwanna89:
I am sure the current administration is doing all these. The real problem with this Boko Haram issue is internal sabotage. I think the govt realized this late, and has started dealing with the problem. Many soldiers and officers are being charged now. Honestly, none of the ideas in that post wowed me. From what my soldier friend who is in the Northeast told me, all those ideas are being implemented currently.

Word! Obviously a major target of these boko murderers is to end up rubbishing the current govt, which already they have achieved as many have simply lost faith in the current govt.

Boko haram is actually a well organised confusion being faithfully and well funded by our very own influential people. They are the major issue!
Re: General Buhari's Plan To Secure Nigeria by mindtricks: 11:52pm On Jan 21, 2015
konos:
Bihari, talk, talk and talk! U when someone is not the driving a car, he wil say "if I am giving the opportunity to drive, I will do so and so..." it is so easy to criticize. But when he gets there will he do as promised? I rest my case grin

Reminds of Obj who had 3 different shots at the presidency yet could not perform all the wonders one could imagine.

He now speaks against the current govt as a "messiah".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Niger Delta Volunteer Force Members Surrender Arms And Charms / Pictures As Enugu International Conference Centre Nears Completion / 2023: APC Governors Split Over Tinubu’s Presidential Ambition

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.