Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,668 members, 7,816,747 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:15 PM

Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. (28108 Views)

Whenever I Invite Her Home, She Always Comes With One Of Her Friends. / All The Wahala That Comes With Having Best Friend Of The Opposite Sex / Would You Still Marry Your Fiancé If Unforeseen Disability Happens To Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jan 22, 2015
DISCLAIMER: I chose to put this in Romance Section because it is directed at Young people really knowing what is expected of them before they say I DO.

Someone once said, There is no Star without a Scar.

NOTE: I'm not saying it's a must EVERYONE has to pass through these. Sometimes, it just happens wink

Probably, both of you have discussed how you planned to live and all but then, there comes a worthy interference...Do you frown at it or face it?

I have good intentions to passing across some Unforeseen Costs Saying "I Do" Attracts...

1. In-Laws Having To Depend Or Live With You Guys For "A While"

Most (if not all) couples don't like this but it just happens. Most times, the lady is the first child with three younger ones all in school... You should know without being told that you're going to financially responsible for them. Sometimes, the man's brothers come to live in the house and then she's not comfortable being around them but then...She has to "Put Up" wink... They sometimes help her wash her car, mow the lawn and other difficult chores in the house...Then if she is well mature, she begins getting along with them a little..smiley

2. Keeping Mute At Troublesome Neighbours

This she does BECAUSE of you. She tries hard not to piss you off by trying to avoid anything that would cause her to exchange words with a quarrelsome neighbor. Before enh... She would have dealt with such a woman with one hand smiley

3. Becoming A Compulsory Prayer Warrior.

If women are having any Women's Prayer Conference, it's mainly about their husbands.

Prayer points like this: "Every Husband Snatcher Must Die!" receives more attention from them. She that could not pray before has now turned the husband to a Prayer Project: praying for him for hours and blindfolding women from seeing him.

4. Having To Relocate And Leave Good Friends And Neighbours

Sometimes, circumstances like Transfer arises in the man's job. The whole family has to move along "sooner or later". All her "good" neighbors and friends bid her good bye...Sometimes, she cries smiley... If the husband is abroad, sometimes she resigns to go join him- (Life Starts All Over Again). Some women whose husbands work in the Rigs hardly see their husbands...The husband wants to be with her but work...undecided

5. Listening To Very Boring Stories With Rapt Attention

There are times when you may not just be in the mood but you have to listen to her or him. It's very funny but it's what makes thrilling. It's more than buying her a shoe... Listening to someone when you should be doing something else cost!

6. Having To Stay Awake All- Night At The Service Of Your Pregnant Wife Or A Crying Baby.

When a woman is pregnant, both the man and the woman go through it together. She orders for something at night, you go get it. Have you ever stayed in a house with a pregnant women? Frankly, that's where True Love is tested! OK, what about a two year old baby? These ones wake and disturb (cry) when sleep is very sweet- between 12AM - 2AM. A selfish husband will complain bitterly and may even go sleep in the parlour but a Loving one wouldn't. wink

7. A Difficult/Hard-To-Please Mother-In-Law

Some ladies are finding it tough with their Mother In Law while others are simply enjoying her cheesy... Those going through this ordeal find it hard to please her. Sometimes, it's due to child birth issues or natural hatred. Fathers-In-Law are easy to please na grin...

This issue can be worked upon if the husband is disciplined, caring and firm. He has to prove the reason he is being called the MAN of the house.

Diplomacy and Discretion Are Dire Requirements If He Must Keep Everyone Happy In The House.

May God Help Us grin

You can add yours...

Good evening wink

50 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by thiefnubu(m): 9:44pm On Jan 22, 2015
Ok

My contribution to the Op's Ministry... grin

1- Your personal desires/interests become secondary.. The 'family' now takes precedence..... You learn to seriously cut down on impulse purchases, buy family friendly commodities, e.g, instead of buying a 2-seater Porsche as your only car, 'family' sense dictates you get a space wagon or comfortable saloon first, then later indulge yourself with whatever mini-car you fancy. embarassed

2- Your life is no longer yours.... Gone are the days when you can travel from Lagos to Abuja in 4 hours, taking unnecessary risks and embarking on worthless life-threatening adventures. Now you have a family who expect you home everyday, and kids who expect you to live long enough to fully bring them up and at least carry their own kids.

3- You definitely have to cut down or totally do away with all those side-chicks.... Family is an expensive enterprise, and cheating while married is even more expensive both financially and emotionally..... angry

4- You get used to the idea of hitting one puna for the rest of your life... Never mind all those peeps who grandly carry on about mind-blowing marital sex... Truth is, no matter how good the sex is between you and your wife, lethargy and familiarity will surely set in... You get to become too familiar with the length, breath, depth,width and smell of her kitten, while she becomes tired of your 4 inch rod boring into her almost every day. undecided

5- You have to quit or at least properly hide all those bad habits which can set a bad example for your kids... It is now that you have to learn how not to smoke your weed in the house, pick your nose indiscriminately, or other such attitudes which you would not like your kids to emulate... Also you have to give up those bad habits because you definitely don't want to give your wife more trouble.... She already has enough on her hands bringing up the kids... Trying to tame and correct a fully grown adult shouldn't be added to her worries cry

128 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by ArchEnemy(m): 9:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
Having to give up some enjoyable practices.

Having to sacrifice your privacy and those periods of tranquility you usually observed

8 Likes

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by mencade4: 9:49pm On Jan 22, 2015
I CAME HERE 9.50PM and left 9.51pm.

11 Likes

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by NickiRoman: 9:50pm On Jan 22, 2015
At No 3 Stop generalizing please Not all women pray about "husband's snatchers" There more important things to pray about,You can't just assume they never prayed before meeting their spouses.

Nice Write Up Anyways.

3 Likes

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by harrysterol(m): 9:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
cheesy grin "I no do" na wetin i go ansa dt day
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Deejavuu(f): 9:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
Nice one op...

Following....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Jan 22, 2015
That part where my(our) child will cry at night oh boi me don't sh*t with my sleep thooo! Have promise myself sha wen I gt married N my wifey gave birth I will travel for 3month cox I cnt stand that new baby wahala.....not what you think my kid brother will act for me in my absence nt to my privacy anyways may God help me sha

1 Like

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Medunah: 10:08pm On Jan 22, 2015
malonephills:
That part where my(our) child will cry at night oh boi me don't sh*t with my sleep thooo! Have promise myself sha wen I gt married N my wifey gave birth I will travel for 3month cox I cnt stand that new baby wahala.....not what you think my kid brother will act for me in my absence nt to my privacy anyways may God help me sha
Its the both of you s baby. If she (d wife) can lose hours of sleep cos of the baby, y shouldnt you?
Travel for 3mnths?? U might as well go extinct

Some men are jz selfish

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Jan 22, 2015
malonephills:

When dat time come, you go dey stare at the baby 30 times per hour Lol...cheesy

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:13pm On Jan 22, 2015
mencade4:
I CAME HERE 9.50PM and left 9.51pm.

Nice one..cheesy

1 Like

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
Deejavuu:
Nice one op...

Following....

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by tosyne2much(m): 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
Spot on grin

2 Likes

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:

When dat time come, you go dey stare at the baby 30 times per hour Lol...cheesy
God knows I'm not that type, don't like been around new baby

1 Like

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:25pm On Jan 22, 2015
malonephills:

cheesy... When that time comes, you'll love babies naturally... Your baby? wink

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:27pm On Jan 22, 2015
Medunah:

Its the both of you s baby. If she (d wife) can lose hours of sleep cos of the baby, y shouldnt you?

Some men are jz selfish
this is not the matter of selfish stuff it what is in me, my first niece came in world few days bck, I reside with my bro wen I knew it about time for his wife to gave birth I rellocated to my mama palace.....babe to nurse baby no b small matter ooo

1 Like

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:

cheesy... When that time comes, you'll love babies naturally... Your baby? wink
also hope that for mysef
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jan 22, 2015
malonephills:
this is not the matter of selfish stuff it what is in me, my first niece came in world few days bck, I reside with my bro wen I knew it about time for his wife to gave birth I rellocated to my mama palace.....babe to nurse baby no b small matter ooo

I get your point sha... my elder sis and her babies came to pay me a visit... they warned me that I won't sleep o...the babies cry by 12...I ignored... around 12 AM...See cry na grin.. me I'm not used to that o...I was just weak sha... during the Period of their visit...I conformed... it's not easy
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by chymystique(f): 10:47pm On Jan 22, 2015
I disagree with number 3.. Who does that? undecided .. Marriage should be for matured minds not dumbasses
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:

I get your point sha... my elder sis and her babies came to pay me a visit... they warned me that I won't sleep o...the babies cry by 12...I ignored... around 12 AM...See cry na grin.. me I'm not used to that o...I was just weak sha... during the Period of their visit...I conformed... it's not easy
me and my uncle fought because of same issue, at nite when his baby startd cryin it wud b like hell, one day my uncle came out at midnite wonderin hw entrance door was open he met me sitin outside he ask wht was wrong hw on earth wud I tell him his baby made me awake, I jst find one rubbish lie frame, several tymz na so so lie..uncle tire 4 my lie one day rake for me N me self no dey gree naxo we scatter evrytin

3 Likes

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:54pm On Jan 22, 2015
Tinubu:

Ok

My contribution to the Op's Ministry... grin

1- Your personal desires/interests become secondary.. The 'family' now takes precedence..... You learn to seriously cut down on impulse purchases, buy family friendly commodities, e.g, instead of buying a 2-seater Porsche as your only car, 'family' sense dictates you get a space wagon or comfortable saloon first, then later indulge yourself with whatever mini-car you fancy. embarassed

2- Your life is no longer yours.... Gone are the days when you can travel from Lagos to Abuja in 4 hours, taking unnecessary risks and embarking on worthless life-threatening adventures. Now you have a family who expect you home everyday, and kids who expect you to live long enough to fully bring them up and at least carry their own kids.

3- You definitely have to cut down or totally do away with all those side-chicks.... Family is an expensive enterprise, and cheating while married is even more expensive both financially and emotionally..... angry

4- You get used to the idea of hitting one puna for the rest of your life... Never mind all those peeps who grandly carry on about mind-blowing marital sex... Truth is, no matter how good the sex is between you and your wife, lethargy and familiarity will surely set in... You get to become too familiar with the length, breath, depth,width and smell of her kitten, while she becomes tired of your 4 inch rod boring into her almost every day. undecided

5- You have to quit or at least properly hide all those bad habits which can set a bad example for your kids... It is now that you have to learn how not to smoke your weed in the house, pick your nose indiscriminately, or other such attitudes which you would not like your kids to emulate... Also you have to give up those bad habits because you definitely don't want to give your wife more trouble.... She already has enough on her hands bringing up the kids... Trying to tame and correct a fully grown adult shouldn't be added to her worries cry

Nice points Bro. smiley
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2015
Maamin... hope your whitee didn't follow you here? grin
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 22, 2015
malonephills:
me and my uncle fought because of same issue, at nite when his baby startd cryin it wud b like hell, one day my uncle came out at midnite wonderin hw entrance door was open he met me sitin outside he ask wht was wrong hw on earth wud I tell him his baby made me awake, I jst find one rubbish lie frame, several tymz na so so lie..uncle tire 4 my lie one day rake for me N me self no dey gree naxo we scatter evrytin

Your own no be hia ooo...grin...you no like children?
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by passionate88: 10:58pm On Jan 22, 2015
Brb gringringrin
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jan 22, 2015
passionate88:
Brb gringringrin

Ok, I'll be here waiting...grin
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 11:07pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:

Your own no be hia ooo...grin...you no like children?
I love children hate their noise(cry), even if cockrOach pass my side at sleepn dt nite don end b dat

2 Likes

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by passionate88: 11:14pm On Jan 22, 2015
Medunah:

Some men are jz selfish
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Maamin(m): 11:15pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:

No! but I can invite her here if you want...besides she used my pics as her profile pics.. grin
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by passionate88: 11:18pm On Jan 22, 2015
Medunah:

Some men are jz selfish
I don't support the 3 months travelling, but about the baby crying at night, now that's another thing entirely... I remember when my sis came to stay with us with her new born child, when the child cry at night, I do go and carry her, then I haven't gotten admitted, but if it was when I have something/somewhere to go to in the morning, the mother should take care of the child, afterall she will be on maternity leave, she can sleep in the day time
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by HizMissy(f): 11:32pm On Jan 22, 2015
malonephills:
maybe God should save u d stress and not give u kids....

3 Likes

Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by HizMissy(f): 11:34pm On Jan 22, 2015
emusmith:
Are u frightened? No worry ur thread is safe
Re: Some Unforeseen "Costs" Marriage Comes With. by Nobody: 11:55pm On Jan 22, 2015
HizMissy:

maybe God should save u d stress and not give u kids....
ahahaha! How can you be prayn for suchjust been skeptical on it gonna seem like den

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ridiculous Misconceptions And Assumptions About Women. / Share Your "Ghosting". Experience / 5 Signs You Are In An Abusive Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.