Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,929 members, 7,814,155 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 07:55 AM

Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) (36706 Views)

Fayose Wears Shorts Again As He Inspects Lands In Ekiti State (Photos) / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight / Oh Dear! See How The #GEJTrek Really Transformed John Nihi Oladele (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by makeitplain: 6:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

WHere the bridge was located is in a built up area of town and logic dictates that would be more expensive to construct

Anyone who likes to talk slick about logics should know how to logically construct an argument. U are yet to do that. because the place is congested means nothing until u can logically connect mere congestion to cost. And let me remind u that the governor never used congestion as an excuse, his excuse had been demolition and obviously, no building was demolished.

Why do u want to defend blatant lies? Why?

2 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 6:51pm On Jan 23, 2015
#TeamOyoState #TeamIBCity cool cool Can't wait to see you again.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

I agree. I was disgusted when I heard an interview of Akala on splash FM wherein he was disputing the fact that Oyo state has been calmer during Ajimobi's tenure.

I will never forget the day during Ladoja's tenure that Adedibu's thugs chased a woman out of the because studio live on air. She was reading the news when the thugs invaded the station and I watched live as the newscaster scampered off the seat mid news. A pregnant woman was killed in because that day among scores that were injured as the thugs wrecked havoc.

All these is now a thing of the past in Oyo state.
Stop talking thrash, wat is now a thing of the past dat u're evne saying. I wish u were at mapo dis past monday at seyi makinde campaign flagoff and u'll see wat Ajimobi thugs did to ppl, if u see how they were throwing stones and bottles in the crowd and matcheting ppl and police z they can't arrest dem cos they've been instructed not to do so. And also on wednesday in oyo town, thugs were sent all the way from ibadan to disrupt Accord's party rally but they were restricted by Accord's party superior thugs, come and see how machete and guns were used indiscriminately.

2 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by ogaju007(m): 6:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
Same old stupidity.. a government takes money, buys crap and showcase it and that becomes development..... how are your hospitals,schools,teachers', and other real stuff that require development?

4 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by ayokunlei(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
xlnc2324:
I think people like him. He might win the coming election, all other contestants are coming back second time.
Wish him best of luck though.

funny guy. You think, yeah ur opinion.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by tdayof(m): 6:56pm On Jan 23, 2015
Brahms:

MorĂ³n, you call those ricketty buses because they ain't IVM? You fvcking tribalist! Even your Eastern Governors are not patronising your Inferior Innoson Products.

In my own opinion, Ajimobi has not done well in transforming Oyo State. His little is not enough to Create the New Oyo we all wanted. But he's still going to Win the Second Term because there's no better Opposition.

Folarin (PDP) is a No-No!! He's not a Visionary Leader. He looks more clueless than Retardeen sad
Ladoja (Accord) has a case with EFCC, and still under their watch.
Akala (LP)?? Errr!!

I see Ladoja coming second.. While Folarin and Akala fighting for the 3rd Spot.

Ajimobi L'ekan Si!
Ajimobi Till 2019!
I for support you but you Bleep up
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by emiye(m): 6:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
RedReact:

My brother, while he remained the best to have happened to Oyo governance, he fumbled greatly. Did you watch his campaign rally last week? He started very well and diverted away from his notable works majestically; all because of Second term.

On education, what is he doing? Nothing at all. The technical university he promised is not functional yet. He is not serious to me (mind you, I have been his supported since 2003 when he contested for Senate), as he can easily allow sense of second term becloud sense of judgment. As big as Oyo State is, the state should be engaged in agric revolution, but nothing much in that. Thanks to him for the investors he has invited, but the state is too big for minute industrialization, because it won't speak much of his effort.

He has tried, but he relapsed a lot.

I agree he does not have a waoh performance, that is why i classified him as an average performer, relapse is the best word to describe him , especially in 2014, i guess he was too conscious of the vibes from the populace as regards second term. I do not know much about he has deepened the IGR drive of the state, but my biggest grouse with him is the not much significant impact in the educational sector. Apart from the NUC license received for the technical university, nothing has been heard thereafter, none of the model schools promised is completed within 4 years. I see scores of industries setting up, but there is still large opportunity area in the agro allied sector.

But, of his 4 major challengers in my opinion , Akala and Folarin are right offs that will not challenge status quo, , listening to the Makinde guy speak, one could sense passion and him having goodies on his head, although talk is cheap, his platform is weak. A Ladoja of accord is a familiar face, and i doubt if he will be inspiring, the good governance that oyo state needs goes beyond prompt payment of civil servant salaries. The potentials of Oyo state is large, and a brilliant leader needs to unlock it.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 6:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
MOBJECTIVE:
[size=14pt]This Ajimobi guy is just pathetic[/size].
[size=14pt]A whole Oyo state, a state as large as the entire South east, with cities like Ibadan - arguably once the best city in Nigeria, and Ogbomosho, but this is all he has to show as transformation? few pictures from select areas in Ibadan? undecided. Simply pathetic. I'm personally sad that only people like him and Akala are stepping forth to lead this state of great potential.[/size]
We have Seyi Makinde and In Sha Allah,he'll win. And Ajimobi and the ex-governors vieing for a comeback are telling us this young guy is not experienced.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

That was the only bursary Ajimobi gave and it's only to some selected final year students in universities and the only year he did dat was 2013! Since then, no bursary and students are paying money to register for it.

But how does law school relate to final year university students?
I didnt say university. If university students were the only bursary he paid how come he paid us. We were in law school not the university and he paid every Oyo state students across all the law school campuses in Nigeria our bursary and I believe he paid those of last year set too. Do you know how much that amounts to? the man tried abeg!
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 7:01pm On Jan 23, 2015
emiye:

I agree he does not have a waoh performance, that is why i classified him as an average performer, relapse is the best word to describe him , especially in 2014, i guess he was too conscious of the vibes from the populace as regards second term. I do not know much about he has deepened the IGR drive of the state, but my biggest grouse with him is the not much significant impact in the educational sector. Apart from the NUC license received for the technical university, nothing has been heard thereafter, none of the model schools promised is completed within 4 years. I see scores of industries setting up, but there is still large opportunity area in the agro allied sector.

But, of his 4 major challengers in my opinion , Akala and Folarin are right offs that will not challenge status quo, , listening to the Makinde guy speak, one could sense passion and him having goodies on his head, although talk is cheap, his platform is weak. A Ladoja of accord is a familiar face, and i doubt if he will be inspiring, the good governance oyo state needs goes beyond prompt payment of civil servant salaries. The potentials of Oyo state is large, and a brilliant leader needs to unlock it.
Dat's y we need to do away with platform/party ish, Seyi makinde of the SDP is the brilliant leader we need to unlock the large potentials of oyo state
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Brahms(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
tdayof:
I for support you but you Bleep up

How bruh? Let's discuss.

But wait, let me guess.. You think Oyo State would better in the hands of any of those threee?
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:03pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

We have Seyi Makinde and In Sha Allah,he'll win. And Ajimobi and the ex-governors vieing for a comeback are telling us this young guy is not experienced.

Seyi makinde! Who knows him? Go to the market women in beere, dugbe and so on and ask them if they know anybody called makinde. Do the workers or civil servants know him. You think it is by blowing grammar that he will win? It takes more than having something upstairs to win an election.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by emiye(m): 7:04pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

Dat's y we need to do away with platform/party ish, Seyi makinde of the SDP is the brilliant leader we need to unlock the large potentials of oyo state
It is complicated , a fresh platform + a fresh face wont fly unfortunately.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 7:05pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

But how does law school relate to final year university students?
I didnt say university. If university students were the only bursary he paid how come he paid us. We were in law school not the university and he paid every Oyo state students across all the law school campuses in Nigeria our bursary and I believe he paid those of last year set too. Do you know how much that amounts to? the man tried abeg!
For law, the scholarship board agreed to give dos in law skuls instead of the final year law students in the uni. And law was the highest paid cos I heard u guys were paid 120k or so.
And mind u, 2013 was the only year it was paid.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

Stop talking thrash, wat is now a thing of the past dat u're evne saying. I wish u were at mapo dis past monday at seyi makinde campaign flagoff and u'll see wat Ajimobi thugs did to ppl, if u see how they were throwing stones and bottles in the crowd and matcheting ppl and police z they can't arrest dem cos they've been instructed not to do so. And also on wednesday in oyo town, thugs were sent all the way from ibadan to disrupt Accord's party rally but they were restricted by Accord's party superior thugs, come and see how machete and guns were used indiscriminately.

Use ur brain to type and not ur arse. we are in election period and every party without exception is making use of thugs. The question is; during Ajimobi's tenure (forget this election period) how many times did you hear of nurtw thugs going on rampage and killing people.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by makeitplain: 7:07pm On Jan 23, 2015
emiye:

But, of his 4 major challengers in my opinion , Akala and Folarin are right offs that will not challenge status quo, , listening to the Makinde guy speak, one could sense passion and him having goodies on his head, although talk is cheap, his platform is weak. A Ladoja of accord is a familiar face, and i doubt if he will be inspiring, the good governance oyo state needs goes beyond prompt payment of civil servant salaries. The potentials of Oyo state is large, and a brilliant leader needs to unlock it.

The 2 guys u have written off here Ladoja and Akala (excluding Folarin tho) are actually the biggest contenders here. If u don't know this I don't know what u know about Oyo politics. And if u rubbish my statement, sure go ahead. I will quote all the funny statements I have read on this thread after the elections including yours.

2 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 7:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

Seyi makinde! Who knows him? Go to the market women in beere, dugbe and so on and ask them if they know anybody called makinde. Do the workers or civil servants know him. You think it is by blowing grammar that he will win? It takes more than having something upstairs to win an election.
Lol, I knw anybody sympatethic to ajimobi will be jittery wen seyi makinde's name is mentioned. They knw the guy is a threat to Abiole Ajimobi
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by folafola(m): 7:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
Wind of change will blow in Oyo state come failbuhari you will see a change in government as people will massively vote for Ladoja the Accord Party. Ajimobi promised a lot of things which h failed to do
He said he will not demolish shops yet that was the first thing he did and the people sent away from the road were not well catered for
2. Oyo state is the least paid worker s in SW especially teachers I will pay even more than 18 thousand minimum but the story changed when he got the baton.
3. The pensioner are lamenting and he cannot do something up till now.
4. The people he claimed to employ in September are yet to get salaries
5. No local government election
6. See load of dirts on our roadside all in the name of sanitation.
7. No promotion for many workers in his tenure
8. He talk too much
9. Mummy naa in interest saga
But in terms of Ibadan beautification he tried and in terms of security but those are not enough to give him second term. I will give my vote to Ladoja. Idera de

3 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 7:10pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

Use ur brain to type and not ur arse. we are in election period and every party without exception is making use of thugs. The question is; during Ajimobi's tenure (forget this election period) how many times did you hear of nurtw thugs going on rampage and killing people.
U can abuse me anyhow cos dat's wat ur oga(ajimobi) is known for,bad mouth. I just want u to knw dat ur Oga won't get a 2nd term.

2 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
emiye:
It is complicated , a fresh platform + a fresh face wont fly unfortunately.
My broda, by the special grace of God, dis guy will fly. He is the change we need in oyo state presently!
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by lifeisshort1: 7:13pm On Jan 23, 2015
Our next Governor in oyo state. Adebayo alao akala. We are tired of this Ajimobi guy

4 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:14pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

U can abuse me anyhow cos dat's wat ur oga(ajimobi) is known for,bad mouth. I just want u to knw dat ur Oga won't get a 2nd term.

Its interesting that you did not answer the question I asked. Rather you stylishly diverted into something else. Issorait; D
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by RedReact: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2015
makeitplain:

The 2 guys u have written off here Ladoja and Akala (excluding Folarin tho) are actually the biggest contenders here. If u don't know this I don't know what u know about Oyo politics. And if u rubbish my statement, sure go ahead. I will quote all the funny statements I have read on this thread after the elections including yours.
Oga, to be sincere, I would have loved Makinde to win had it been he was in either PDP or Accord. Ladoja has an upper hand over Akala and can go ahead to win the election, although he has his own lapses. He could have used someone like Makinde to bear the flag of the party but he never did that.

As for Akala, I can never write him off but he can't win the election at all. If Ajimobi is re-elected, it is a case of sticking with the necessary evil. Had it been that personality is taken into consideration without party affiliation, by the electorate, Makinde is the best bet.

To be sincere, Ajimobi is a disappointment.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by emiye(m): 7:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
makeitplain:

If you have taken your time to read what i wrote, you will have noticed that assessment was not about electoral value, it was about how much of devts. they can bring to the state. I know the top three contenders are Ajimobi ,Ladoja and Akala. Akala will be banking o bloc votes from his Ogbomoso, innit? well, lets watch out how well he achieves that bloc vote with a labour party, when he is not even the incumbent.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by 989900: 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
Akala! God forbid!

Even the blind knows the present governor has tried way better than his predecessors.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

Lol, I knw anybody sympatethic to ajimobi will be jittery wen seyi makinde's name is mentioned. They knw the guy is a threat to Abiole Ajimobi

You just don't get it. How can he be a threat without a sound political base/structure? Is it the elite of Oyo alone who will vote for him. Does he have a good reach at the grassroots? No matter how brilliant you think seyi makinde is, the fact is that he is the least popular of all the four candidates.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by 989900: 7:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

You just don't get it. How can he be a threat without a sound political base/structure? Is it the elite of Oyo alone who will vote for him. Does he have a good reach at the grassroots? No matter how brilliant you think seyi makinde is, the fact is that he is the least popular of all the four candidates.

What is a Seyi Makinde?
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by tdayof(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
Brahms:

How bruh? Let's discuss.

But wait, let me guess.. You think Oyo State would better in the hands of any of those threee?
ajimobi tried for Oyo state in terms of infrastructure and others and even salary.
But I dont think he has the vote of most civil servants..

Two or three days ago he passed through eleyele motorcycle riders were insulting him..
Ladoja still has the support of Oyo state workers

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by PastorAji(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
aji Se bi Oyo LA NRI....Oyo kii Se Baba enikankan
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by haftob(m): 7:22pm On Jan 23, 2015
akinsadeez:

It's gud u even knw dat reasonable ppl prefer him to ur oga. And mind u , seyi makinde is the best grassroot man. Imagine, a man developing a farm settlement(Ajia village) to the extent that he even provided the settlement a gas turbine to generate electricity. And u're here telling me he doesn't av a good grassroot reach. We'll meet at the polls and walahi u guys will be extremely surprised.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:29pm On Jan 23, 2015
haftob:

It's gud u even knw dat reasonable ppl prefer him to ur oga. And mind u , seyi makinde is the best grassroot man. Imagine, a man developing a farm settlement(Ajia village) to the extent that he even provided the settlement a gas turbine to generate electricity. And u're here telling me he doesn't av a good grassroot reach. We'll meet at the polls and walahi u guys will be extremely surprised.

Seyi makinde will beat Ajimobi, Akala, Folarin, Ladoja. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.I laugh in Chinese. gringringringringringringringringrin

okay nah, let's wait and see. Even if they bring goats and cows to start voting for him, he won't win.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Punck4real(f): 7:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
Let him pay all govt staff dere December salary and we corpers also because we are nt gaining anything frm him, pack ur load and go

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

APC Uses Picture From India To Promote Rice Revolution In Nigeria / Ebele Obiano Dances & Celebrates The Start Of Her Journey To The Senate (Video) / Femi Gbajabiamila On Death Caused By His Security Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.