Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,854 members, 7,810,284 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) (36682 Views)

Fayose Wears Shorts Again As He Inspects Lands In Ekiti State (Photos) / How Jonathan Transformed The Refineries.... Setting The Record Straight / Oh Dear! See How The #GEJTrek Really Transformed John Nihi Oladele (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by akinsadeez(m): 7:31pm On Jan 23, 2015
989900:

What is a Seyi Makinde?

it is a thing that wants to contest election grin grin grin grin
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by PrinceVecllin(m): 7:34pm On Jan 23, 2015
Akala wi win IJN#oke-ogun nd ogbo dey behind d Otun of d source!'igi taba foju rena lo ma gunni loju'

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by makeitplain: 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2015
emiye:

If you have taken your time to read what i wrote, you will have noticed that assessment was not about electoral value, it was about how much of devts. they can bring to the state. I know the top three contenders are Ajimobi ,Ladoja and Akala. Akala will be banking o bloc votes from his Ogbomoso, innit? well, lets watch out how well he achieves that bloc vote with a labour party, when he is not even the incumbent.

Ok sorry pal, if I missed that. But to the incumbency issue u raised. Stuffs like incumbency, party platform etc may not mean anything in this coming Oyo election. The game is pretty open. Analyzing that will make me write too much and I am not ready for that.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by makeitplain: 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
RedReact:

Oga, to be sincere, I would have loved Makinde to win had it been he was in either PDP or Accord. Ladoja has an upper hand over Akala and can go ahead to win the election, although he has his own lapses. He could have used someone like Makinde to bear the flag of the party but he never did that.

As for Akala, I can never write him off but he can't win the election at all. If Ajimobi is re-elected, it is a case of sticking with the necessary evil. Had it been that personality is taken into consideration without party affiliation, by the electorate, Makinde is the best bet.

To be sincere, Ajimobi is a disappointment.

Makinde attempting this election is a long shot. He needs a statewide popularity, he doesn't have that yet.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by FIRDAUS3(m): 7:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
for the security. at least d man try. and for that. good for him..
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Texykool: 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
emiye:

Dont mind them, Amala politics and tout like governance must be killed finally this year in Oyo State, the Governor is gradually correcting the damaged psyche of the many indigenes about how govt. must be run, Luckily for him, his 4 major rivals(2 former governors, 1 senator, and a fresh and seemingly brilliant face) have gubernatorial tickets, meaning they are scattered in 4 places, as such, with 35-40% of votes cast, he will be re-elected. He has an average performance, and needs to do a whole lot more in the primary/secondary education sector.

You have said it all. Opposition votes are scattered. Ajimobi will win.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by anticent(m): 7:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
Many people who dont want second term for Ajimobi are the local ones. Some local and stubborn people in Ibadan never wanted change.They like building houses on the highway, leave motor parks and look for passengers on the highways, never comply with common laws. All these Ajimobi aims to stop but some of these people never wanted change. Wake up from your Slumber, Ajimobi is Coming because you must CHANGE!

2 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Texykool: 7:48pm On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

I agree with all you said

No one can compare the security situation under previous administration to what we have under ajimobi right now

EVen Infrastructure has improved greatly under Ajimobi

Based on Security and Infrastructural Development, Oyo State has improved tremendously.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by obayaya(m): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ajimobi2015:
TRANSPORTATION SECTOR

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2058882_dsc3130_jpeg2ae9456cb09539889404e3bcccd34778

FGN assisted buses?

This is GEJ'S handwork tongue

Goodluck Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Twistaray(m): 7:53pm On Jan 23, 2015
You guys should stop shouting and fighting, this is just on Air after all.

Life is too short ooo

Any ways let carry go sha

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Twistaray(m): 7:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
grin

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by obayaya(m): 7:58pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ajimobi2015:
beauty of Oyo...

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2059007_img1692_jpeg201bfb520c062854cfd4e955f1bcf34b

This is Lagos Ibadan expressway na

GEJ'S handwork tongue

Na so so GEJ's handwork you wan use campaign for Ajimobi?

fear God o

Goodluck Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by BruzMoney(m): 8:08pm On Jan 23, 2015
raumdeuter:

This is more like an illiterate talking. AJimobis bridge was in a congested part of town and a lot more demolition had to be done. I would think thats basic reasoning

and who told u amosun own is in a village??

2 Likes

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by eaglechild: 8:16pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ikengawo:
Can you compare the standard of living importing other people's trash has created for Oyo people?

Oyo state public transport (import)
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2058883_dsc6661_jpeg58f529d263189349e813a3e2488518c3

Enugu state public transport (locally made)

and what's worst is the Enugu bus is 1/3 the price of the imported jankara wheelborrows he's calling public transport that he's wasting public money on. If this is the standard of thinking Oyo can handle then fine but do it with your own money and not government oil money from national coffers

grin grin
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Twistaray(m): 8:21pm On Jan 23, 2015
angry grin

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by BruzMoney(m): 8:23pm On Jan 23, 2015
folafola:
Wind of change will blow in Oyo state come failbuhari you will see a change in government as people will massively vote for Ladoja the Accord Party. Ajimobi promised a lot of things which h failed to do
He said he will not demolish shops yet that was the first thing he did and the people sent away from the road were not well catered for
2. Oyo state is the least paid worker s in SW especially teachers I will pay even more than 18 thousand minimum but the story changed when he got the baton.
3. The pensioner are lamenting and he cannot do something up till now.
4. The people he claimed to employ in September are yet to get salaries
5. No local government election
6. See load of dirts on our roadside all in the name of sanitation.
7. No promotion for many workers in his tenure
8. He talk too much
9. Mummy naa in interest saga
But in terms of Ibadan beautification he tried and in terms of security but those are not enough to give him second term. I will give my vote to Ladoja. Idera de

this is the summary of the Oyo state I know...... Ajimobi is a glorified failure

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by bendike: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2015
Nairalanders. Look closly aat the toyota buses in the first picture. Kindly notice FGN Assisted boldly written on the buses!

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Twistaray(m): 8:27pm On Jan 23, 2015
angry angry

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by BruzMoney(m): 8:28pm On Jan 23, 2015
obayaya:

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2059007_img1692_jpeg201bfb520c062854cfd4e955f1bcf34b

GEJ'S handwork tongue

fear God o

Goodluck Nigeria

only if you can even ply that particular spot and know how worst it is....pictures. lie now I know
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by EndtimeBlessing: 8:30pm On Jan 23, 2015
Although I will want Ajimobi to be returned as governor because of the poor options available from other parties. But truth be told, displaying a set of brand new vehicles that will be aged in a couple of months is way below standard of measuring governance in the South West. Can somebody take this message to him please?
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by obayaya(m): 8:54pm On Jan 23, 2015
BruzMoney:

only if you can even ply that particular spot and know how worst it is....pictures. lie now I know

I plied that road on Tuesday...

And there's nothing wrong with that portion of the road
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Twistaray(m): 8:57pm On Jan 23, 2015
angry grin

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Brahms(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2015
tdayof:
ajimobi tried for Oyo state in terms of infrastructure and others and even salary.
But I dont think he has the vote of most civil servants..

Two or three days ago he passed through eleyele motorcycle riders were insulting him..
Ladoja still has the support of Oyo state workers

Civil Servants are the most selfish Electorates in Nigeria. As long as they get paid on time, they don't care about the State Development (Infrastructure et al). That's why they are all vying for Ladoja, and that's his ONLY selling point.

We should get over this thing my brother.

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by launchi4real: 9:32pm On Jan 23, 2015
Ikengawo:
why aren't those buses Nigerian made?
what's worst is they look worst and less reliable than local ones

all that says is billions of naira has been sent over to Mazda in Asia while we're driving ricketty second hand buses
@IKENGAWO, WE ALL PRAY NIGERIA ATTAINS THAT LEVEL, ALL
THIS WERE 2012-2013, NIGERIA STARTED HEADSTART ON
VEHICLE LAST YEAR, WE ALL PRAY GEN. BUHARI LL MAKE
THAT POSSIBLE... WE LL ALL PREFER TO USE GENUINE AND
LONG-LASTING NIGERIAN PRODUCTS VERY SOON HY HIS
GRACE... TNX FOR UR OPINION.
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 23, 2015
obayaya:

GEJ'S handwork tongue

fear God o

Goodluck Nigeria

Project hijack!
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by launchi4real: 9:36pm On Jan 23, 2015
EndtimeBlessing:
Although I will want Ajimobi to be returned as governor because of the poor options available from other parties. But truth be told, displaying a set of brand new vehicles that will be aged in a couple of months is way below standard of measuring governance in the South West. Can somebody take this message to him please?

this are 4 years achievements bro... if you can't equip work force...what's d measurement sir... the salary stuff is all you have against him n intellectuals knew he can't withdraw pple's salary(their civic right ) for no tangible reason...pls sentiments apart..this is d man for the job... else oyo allb back to square one... APC is our change pple
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by tdayof(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2015
Brahms:

Civil Servants are the most selfish Electorates in Nigeria. As long as they get paid on time, they don't care about the State Development (Infrastructure et al). That's why they are all vying for Ladoja, and that's his ONLY selling point.

We should get over this thing my brother.
ajimobi isn't paying them early! He didn't pay the normal 13month too he said only if he wins the election
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by launchi4real: 9:40pm On Jan 23, 2015
Imanuelle:

Project hijack!
this is beautified lagos-ibadan expressway
.. its clear n glaring ...its an old road... the beautification was done by His Excellency...that's what's show cased... they never quoted it as road done by ajimobi so don't jump into conclusion
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by launchi4real: 9:45pm On Jan 23, 2015
PrinceVecllin:
Akala wi win IJN#oke-ogun nd ogbo dey behind d Otun of d source!'igi taba foju rena lo ma gunni loju'
oke-ogun n ogbomoso is just less than 40% of the total vote...others also av little say ... every where...jumping into conclusion is a child stuff...real politician knows its a tight race not the usual 2-horse...so with APC popularity Nationwide... we really stand a chance....God ll do it if u blv
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 9:46pm On Jan 23, 2015
launchi4real:

this is beautified lagos-ibadan expressway
.. its clear n glaring ...its an old road... the beautification was done by His Excellency...that's what's show cased... they never quoted it as road done by ajimobi so don't jump into conclusion

Lol
Road beautification that shouldn't even worth 300k
Chai
Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by Brahms(m): 10:02pm On Jan 23, 2015
tdayof:
ajimobi isn't paying them early! He didn't pay the normal 13month too he said only if he wins the election

I can't blame him for not paying the Bonus. Since Oil Price crashed, most Governors have not been able to pay their workers.

Too Bad! Our Looters Leaders rely so much on Oil Revenue.

Oyo Will Be Great!
May the Best Man Win!

1 Like

Re: Transformed Oyo State (PHOTOS) by obayaya(m): 10:09pm On Jan 23, 2015
Imanuelle:

Project hijack!

lol!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

HRH Sanusi Speaks Again On The Missing $20b And The PWC Report. / Buhari's Health: His Time Is Almost Up Like Yaradua, World Will Be Shocked - FFK / Joseph Yobo Mocks Buhari In A New Article: Between GEJ And GMB, Who Is Fitter?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.