Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,491 members, 7,819,785 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:21 PM

Death And Living Forever - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Death And Living Forever (7287 Views)

I Am An Atheist, What Will Happen To Me In Death And How Do You Know? / The 7 Mountains; (this Will Change Your Life Forever) / God, Death And Our Belief. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Death And Living Forever by iamord(m): 4:23pm On Jan 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Emi simply is breathe or life force. It has nothing to do with Soul.

I am not arguing that there is two souls in person. My argument is, soul is a separate entity. It is more or less the inner self, personality and the 'I'. Soul is the centre of who we are.

I understand where you are coming from when you mentioned that soul is spirit and flesh. And the teaching of soul and spirit which you are trying to point at is more or less JW doctrine. So I am making you see that soul is a separate enity which prompted Jesus statement; that is a separate entity which cant be killed.

In the new earth, what is that thing that would live forever when flesh has been destroyed? Answer to this should tell you that there is something distinct from what you insuliate soul is. In philosophy, it is simply the inner self.

Lastly, you mention that you dont believe witches live there body. Do you ackownledge that there is something called OUT OF THE BODY EXPERIENCE, Astral Projection and Soul Travellin?

OBE is more scientifical but the other ones are more spritual.

Also, do you believe one would live in the new earth when the flesh has been destroyed?

So why would you acknowledge OBE, believe in ressurection in the new kingdom and choose to disbelieve in witch going out of the body?
it's through Obe and Astral travel that u will know the full composition of a soul. And it's not only affiliated to witches and black magic.. But as enlightened people,
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
iamord:
it's through Obe and Astral travel that u will know the full composition of a soul. And it's not only affiliated to witches and black magic.. But as enlightened people,

witches and those who practice black magic are enlightened people.
Re: Death And Living Forever by edogho(m): 4:58pm On Jan 29, 2015
macof:

Emi means "life force"...the act of living is synonymous with the act of breathing
Only living things breath...so breath is life and life is Emi..don't you think?
Many don't know that it's two spirts in Man...the Life force(Soul) and the "spirit of God" in Man
this life force is also our sentience, which provides us with subjectivity and emotions that mold our personality...what then is the "self" you speak if not the primal force of our personality?

I understand all u are saying now. u know I don't understand Yoruba hence my agreeing with Folykaze concerning what Emi is.

I only av a problem reconciling what I know (with proofs o) and what modern day Christians and most traditionalists say about the issue. Don't forget they even use both spirit and soul interchangeably without precision.

Let's just leave d issue, we've been doing a lot of repeating lately... thanks for ur time bro.

what about u helping me with d workings of the mind if u know anything about it o, just anything(philfearon says its what is called witchcraft buh I can't find a precise correlation). plus I'll like knowing how to meet some non-human beings
Re: Death And Living Forever by edogho(m): 6:20pm On Jan 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Emi simply is breathe or life force. It has nothing to do with Soul.

I am not arguing that there is two souls in person. My argument is, soul is a separate entity. It is more or less the inner self, personality and the 'I'. Soul is the centre of who we are.

I understand where you are coming from when you mentioned that soul is spirit and flesh. And the teaching of soul and spirit which you are trying to point at is more or less JW doctrine. So I am making you see that soul is a separate enity which prompted Jesus statement; that is a separate entity which cant be killed.

In the new earth, what is that thing that would live forever when flesh has been destroyed? Answer to this should tell you that there is something distinct from what you insuliate soul is. In philosophy, it is simply the inner self.

Lastly, you mention that you dont believe witches live there body. Do you ackownledge that there is something called OUT OF THE BODY EXPERIENCE, Astral Projection and Soul Travellin?

OBE is more scientifical but the other ones are more spritual.

Also, do you believe one would live in the new earth when the flesh has been destroyed?

So why would you acknowledge OBE, believe in ressurection in the new kingdom and choose to disbelieve in witch going out of the body?

I didn't get d notification for this mention.
resurrection has to do with bringing back to life what is already dead. if I think a soul is d spirit and flesh and that the soul can die, then I'm trying to say that it will be resurrected when d time comes.

pls don't mistaken life in d bible heaven with life in d promised new earth. just as apostle Paul puts it, those going to heaven must follow d pattern d Christ's resurrection took. died fleshy but resurrected a spirit. those in d promised new earth will not go through same process (remember d Christ even said some will not die but will be alive when all the changes take place I.e when he comes).

one thing, I av no idea what OBE is..

well done, u got me thinking... one of d reasons I enjoy ur posts
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:33pm On Jan 29, 2015
macof:

depends if you consider "life" and "consciousness" as the same thing
I don't, I see life as restricted to animate beings that can express subjectivity and emotions
there's no Yoruba idea suggesting that rocks are such grin...tho as a Yoruba I know rocks are conscious but nt to the extent you taking it...you are going too extreme egbon

You should not try to bring science into spirituality. . .hence you will go into the wrong direction.

Our ancestors are not living anymore. They are dead, not alive and not sentient again. They aint breathing so they are lifeless. This is biology.

But in spirituality, they are very much alive, breathing and continuing living in the spirit world.

Remember their spirit can be invoke, communicated with and prayed to. It is believe they mingle with Orisha, take sacrifice, feel for our existence and say prayer on our behalf to Orisha. They are on a journey to becoming Orisha. . . .Eni sonu ati eni ti o ku, ojo kan ni won ma pade. Where would dead person meet the lost one? And when they are not animinated, what power them in the spirit world? Are they not alive there too? Do you think they take in Oxygen like you do?

macof:

Am sure its all in the translation factor that differs among people..I understand ur opinion but go back and ask any Babalawo if Rocks have feelings and will

There is nothing like feelings and will. We only have vibrations and it is applicable to rocks too.

macof:

As long as only living breathing beings express sentience due to that life force, I maintain that life force is responsible for personality

Electricity power radio and make everything in it function. That does not make electricity a radio frequency receptor.

Emi is an impersonal force which animinate beings.

macof:

Maybe u are yet to realize the flaw of ur argument but
1. If Ori is the primal core of our personality, then you are suggesting rocks have cognition and emotions...as Yoruba say Everything including rocks have their Ori
Only Man and animal have life force according to Ifa, yet all things have consciousness in Eledumare

Everything is active and alive. . . .vibrating.

macof:

2. If Ori is our primal personality, then what use is the role of guardian that the same ori plays in our life? Can a blind person guide himself through the edge of a bridge? Or you don't know Ori guides our personality?

Have you ever asked this; do I ever exist?

You are like a radioset, what speaks in you is far away in the station.

The Yoruba say; Ori Inu mi ma ba ti o de mi je. . . .

This shows Ori Inu guide the outer Head through it path to Ire. Ori Inu cannot accomplish Ire without the help of Aya and Ese. Aya, Ese and Ori is the physical component of person, the Original self is in.

So Ori Inu guides that of Inu.

macof:

3. If Ori is what you say it is then it is Ori that reincarnates. that means reincarnation comes with the same destiny, the same purpose in life, the same fortune...everything the same.

Reincarnation is for attainment of Iwa-pele

macof:

4. Before coming to life, Ifa says we go to Ajala to pick our Ori..if Ori is the primal personality then what is the "we" that goes to ajala before we even acquire an Ori?

The lifefull moulded person. It is purposeless. And robotic but still alive.

macof:

5. before every life we pick an Ori from Ajala's house, if the Ori is our only real spiritual substance then reincarnation has no place in Ifa, but we know that's not true, Ifa is very serious about reincarnation. So tell me how come Ifa says each ori to each new life

Ifa did not say another Ori for Ashehinwaye.

Reincarnation is not new life. . .it is simply recycling of consciousness.

macof:

Don't take "emi" for it's literal meaning alone, take it for the concept and relationship with all living beings

I'll like you to read up on Greek philosophy if Yoruba philosophy isn't quite clear to you
*Psyche(Anima in Latin)

Emi is breathe. It power everything in the body including the functioning of consciousness.

If you agree consciousness is present in everything, what power them?
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 6:57pm On Jan 29, 2015
edogho:

I didn't get d notification for this mention.
resurrection has to do with bringing back to life what is already dead. if I think a soul is d spirit and flesh and that the soul can die, then I'm trying to say that it will be resurrected when d time comes.

This is contradictory bro.

Anything that resurrect must have died. Death comes through killing or termination. But Jesus said in that verse that the soul he is reffering to cannot be killed or terminated.

So how can something that is ending start all over?

edogho:

pls don't mistaken life in d bible heaven with life in d promised new earth. just as apostle Paul puts it, those going to heaven must follow d pattern d Christ's resurrection took. died fleshy but resurrected a spirit. those in d promised new earth will not go through same process (remember d Christ even said some will not die but will be alive when all the changes take place I.e when he comes).

They would not die but transform. What are they transfrming to?

When the body is destroyed and the spirit has returned to God, what would the people in new earh embody?

edogho:

one thing, I av no idea what OBE is..

well done, u got me thinking... one of d reasons I enjoy ur posts

Thanks. I always love to learn, think and reason. People like you made that happens.
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 10:25pm On Jan 29, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

You should not try to bring science into spirituality. . .hence you will go into the wrong direction.

Our ancestors are not living anymore. They are dead, not alive and not sentient again. They aint breathing so they are lifeless. This is biology.

But in spirituality, they are very much alive, breathing and continuing living in the spirit world.

Remember their spirit can be invoke, communicated with and prayed to. It is believe they mingle with Orisha, take sacrifice, feel for our existence and say prayer on our behalf to Orisha. They are on a journey to becoming Orisha. . . .Eni sonu ati eni ti o ku, ojo kan ni won ma pade. Where would dead person meet the lost one? And when they are not animinated, what power them in the spirit world? Are they not alive there too? Do you think they take in Oxygen like you do?

There is nothing like feelings and will. We only have vibrations and it is applicable to rocks too.

Electricity power radio and make everything in it function. That does not make electricity a radio frequency receptor.

Emi is an impersonal force which animinate beings.

Everything is active and alive. . . .vibrating.

Have you ever asked this; do I ever exist?

You are like a radioset, what speaks in you is far away in the station.

The Yoruba say; Ori Inu mi ma ba ti o de mi je. . . .

This shows Ori Inu guide the outer Head through it path to Ire. Ori Inu cannot accomplish Ire without the help of Aya and Ese. Aya, Ese and Ori is the physical component of person, the Original self is in.

So Ori Inu guides that of Inu.

Reincarnation is for attainment of Iwa-pele

The lifefull moulded person. It is purposeless. And robotic but still alive.

Ifa did not say another Ori for Ashehinwaye.

Reincarnation is not new life. . .it is simply recycling of consciousness.

Emi is breathe. It power everything in the body including the functioning of consciousness.

If you agree consciousness is present in everything, what power them?
Lmao grin @bold...you are going too extreme like I have told u
This will just be going back and forth (but if you still want, I'll answer all ur questions)
Just speak with a Babalawo about what I told u
Emi is so much more than you think

have u started on the Greek philosophy of psyche like I advised you?
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:07am On Jan 30, 2015
macof:

Lmao grin @bold...you are going too extreme like I have told u
This will just be going back and forth (but if you still want, I'll answer all ur questions)
Just speak with a Babalawo about what I told u
Emi is so much more than you think

have u started on the Greek philosophy of psyche like I advised you?

Na wa o. . . .

The Yoruba people would say; Emi oku ti re koja. Meaning the life force of the corpse has transended to other realm.

If our ancestors live in the spirit, world. . .we both know the spirit world is where Emi moved to. What is it purpose there?

Also, are the dead ancestors dead and inactive in the spirit world?

Why are the ancestors called dead living ones?

If they are alive, should we assume our spiritual philosophy is wrong because thay aint scientifical?

Answer these questions man.
Re: Death And Living Forever by iamord(m): 11:20am On Jan 30, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

witches and those who practice black magic are enlightened people.
well true but they use the power acquired negatively
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 12:58pm On Jan 30, 2015
iamord:
well true but they use the power acquired negatively

Na wa for this bros o. Witches offend you?

Wiccas are very good people. I have met some of them online ones. As for the tradition witches, I can not rule out if what they are doing is good or not.
Re: Death And Living Forever by iamord(m): 1:23pm On Jan 30, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Na wa for this bros o. Witches offend you?

Wiccas are very good people. I have met some of them online ones. As for the tradition witches, I can not rule out if what they are doing is good or not.
I have also met Wicca's .. the ones am talking about about the African black witches. they are usually very wicked .don't get me wrong.
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:26pm On Jan 30, 2015
iamord:
I have also met Wicca's .. the ones am talking about about the African black witches. they are usually very wicked .don't get me wrong.

Wicked. How pls?
Re: Death And Living Forever by iamord(m): 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Wicked. How pls?
u act like u don't know what am talking about.. the African witches are not development minded but resort to control and evil. where r u from?
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 1:33pm On Jan 30, 2015
iamord:
u act like u don't know what am talking about.. the African witches are not development minded but resort to control and evil. where r u from?

Are we generally developed, think outsode witch now pls

1 Like

Re: Death And Living Forever by iamord(m): 1:49pm On Jan 30, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Are we generally developed, think outsode witch now pls
sigh! I made a contribution to what u were saying.. now u saying a whole different thing . na wa o
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 2:29pm On Jan 30, 2015
iamord:
sigh! I made a contribution to what u were saying.. now u saying a whole different thing . na wa o

Why would you blame underdevelopment on witch and wizard?
Re: Death And Living Forever by iamord(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Why would you blame underdevelopment on witch and wizard?
I can see you are totally lost as to what I have been saying.. where did I ever state pertaining to underdevelopment witchcraft and under development??
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 3:13pm On Jan 30, 2015
iamord:
I can see you are totally lost as to what I have been saying.. where did I ever state pertaining to underdevelopment witchcraft and under development??

You said witches are not delopment minded. . . . .

And you gareed wiccans are good, maybe after meeting one.

Wiccas are witches. You have not meet african witch before. So how do you know they are not develop minded?

Secondly, how are they wicked? Is it because you are not one?
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 4:55pm On Jan 30, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Na wa o. . . .

The Yoruba people would say; Emi oku ti re koja. Meaning the life force of the corpse has transended to other realm.

If our ancestors live in the spirit, world. . .we both know the spirit world is where Emi moved to. What is it purpose there?

Also, are the dead ancestors dead and inactive in the spirit world?

Why are the ancestors called dead living ones?

If they are alive, should we assume our spiritual philosophy is wrong because thay aint scientifical?

Answer these questions man.

Beautiful! Pls give a basic and simple analysis on Iku(death)

[and earlier I told u, Emi is the core of our personality that moves on after death ...you disagreed saying it's merely "breath" that gives life to the body
Good you are realizing it's the Emi that continues existing as our ancestors...I thought you would say it's the Ori Inu they possessed that is our ancestors]

First of all, I never said dead people are inactive, I said they are DEAD because they lack LIFE(the principle of breathing)
I told u it depends on if you consider "life" and "consciousness" to be the same thing...because I don't so as I understand your idea, I don't like confusing myself and confusing people so I stick to clear understanding of terminologies

Secondly, In ancient times we didn't separate science from spirituality, they were one and the same. So a Man who had been taken by Iku was said to be an Oku(dead body, lifeless) or Alaisi(non-existent, absent one) while a Man yet taken by death is said to be Elemi(one who has a soul) Araaye(one who is part of life)
being alive is much more than being active..
Yoruba call rock "Okuta" Oku-ita meaning lifeless form outside

Can you give a Yoruba saying that projects the idea that dead people are still "living and breathing" like you said in your previous post
Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 5:25pm On Jan 30, 2015
iamord:

Lmao grin baba relax na...too much Nollywood(or is it Ghollywood) is not good

saying witches are evil is like saying humans are murders because of a relegated few
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 9:39pm On Jan 30, 2015
macof:

Beautiful! Pls give a basic and simple analysis on Iku(death)

Iku biologically is the end of life. While in the spiritual side, Iku is simply a transition point from the physical world to the world of ancestors.

macof:

[and earlier I told u, Emi is the core of our personality that moves on after death ...you disagreed saying it's merely "breath" that gives life to the body
Good you are realizing it's the Emi that continues existing as our ancestors...I thought you would say it's the Ori Inu they possessed that is our ancestors]

It is hard to believe this is coming from you.

Emi is impersonal animating force. It transending to the spiritual world is to animinate Ori-Inu.

Let me nail this whole thing with this sample:

During Oro or consulation of the dead ones. . .Yoruba people would say 'won re pe eleda oku Orun'. Meaning they are consulting the Ori Inu dwelling in the spirit world.

The same Yoruba says Ori eni ni eleda eni. Meaning ones Ori is the creator of person. (where I deduced that Ori is the centre of personality).

So it is glaring here that what they consult when someone is decease is it Eleda living in spiritual realm. . . .and not the Emi.

True, Emi and Ashe works to functioning of Ori-inu. This is what brought the analogy of radio-set and electrical power. Emi is electrical power, Radio set is the body while Ori-Inu is the control station. The frequency is the Ashe that make everything be.

This is simple bro. . .

Oloro or Abokusoro will call on Eleda from the ancestor realm for conversation despite the fact that the person been called in reality is dead. The Eleda simply is Ori. What makes it live in the spiritual realm is Emi.

macof:

First of all, I never said dead people are inactive, I said they are DEAD because they lack LIFE(the principle of breathing)
I told u it depends on if you consider "life" and "consciousness" to be the same thing...because I don't so as I understand your idea, I don't like confusing myself and confusing people so I stick to clear understanding of terminologies

Life is activeness. Is your phone not alive? Is it breathing? Yoruba people will say Ile o kin ku. Meaning earth will never die; is earth a living thing? When you say a cutlass is dead in yoruba, does that mean cutlass is alive and breathing?

Life is activness

Consciousness is awareness and reaction.

Simple like APC.

macof:

Secondly, In ancient times we didn't separate science from spirituality, they were one and the same. So a Man who had been taken by Iku was said to be an Oku(dead body, lifeless) or Alaisi(non-existent, absent one) while a Man yet taken by death is said to be Elemi(one who has a soul) Araaye(one who is part of life)
being alive is much more than being active..
Yoruba call rock "Okuta" Oku-ita meaning lifeless form outside

You are the one turning the table around bro.

When Yoruba say the earth wont die, does that mean earth is alive?

Why do you think people are deny of pronouncing Oba is dead (ku)?

Why do they do they recant this statement in local burial ceremony 'Ti o ba dele ki o so runre, ki o majeko, ki o ma je kounko, oun wa n ba je lorun ni ko je. Baba ti o ba ti de orun ki o ma sun o.'

OR

'Baba tetede, ajo o re yin, ranti ki o weyin wo'

Can a dead corpse eat, sleep, go on journey or see?

These saying is showing that the dead ones are not really dead but have continully living in another realm where they eat, see sleep and go around in journey.

macof:

Can you give a Yoruba saying that projects the idea that dead people are still "living and breathing" like you said in your previous post

You have examples up there. . .

If I may ask, what is adiye irana meant for?

Where are is the lifeless corpse travelling to? Ogun is the road clearer and Adiye is one of it food. Why do you think people are not allowed to eat from this chicken?

Death in yoruba is not end of life, it is a transition from one existence to another. A prof called this journey an abyss trasition. . . .because it is very hard to achieve Iwa pele. The very reason we say we want Ire owo, ire omo ati aiku pari Iwa. When one achieve this Iwa pele, the person become Imole.

Yoruba people do not believe in death but only in trasition.

1 Like

Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 10:03pm On Jan 30, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Iku biologically is the end of life. While in the spiritual side, Iku is simply a transition point from the physical world to the world of ancestors.

It is hard to believe this is coming from you.

Emi is impersonal animating force. It transending to the spiritual world is to animinate Ori-Inu.

Let me nail this whole thing with this sample:

During Oro or consulation of the dead ones. . .Yoruba people would say 'won re pe eleda oku Orun'. Meaning they are consulting the Ori Inu dwelling in the spirit world.

The same Yoruba says Ori eni ni eleda eni. Meaning ones Ori is the creator of person. (where I deduced that Ori is the centre of personality).

So it is glaring here that what they consult when someone is decease is it Eleda living in spiritual realm. . . .and not the Emi.

True, Emi and Ashe works to functioning of Ori-inu. This is what brought the analogy of radio-set and electrical power. Emi is electrical power, Radio set is the body while Ori-Inu is the control station. The frequency is the Ashe that make everything be.

This is simple bro. . .

Oloro or Abokusoro will call on Eleda from the ancestor realm for conversation despite the fact that the person been called in reality is dead. The Eleda simply is Ori. What makes it live in the spiritual realm is Emi.

Life is activeness. Is your phone not alive? Is it breathing? Yoruba people will say Ile o kin ku. Meaning earth will never die; is earth a living thing? When you say a cutlass is dead in yoruba, does that mean cutlass is alive and breathing?

Life is activness

Consciousness is awareness and reaction.

Simple like APC.

You are the one turning the table around bro.

When Yoruba say the earth wont die, does that mean earth is alive?

Why do you think people are deny of pronouncing Oba is dead (ku)?

Why do they do they recant this statement in local burial ceremony 'Ti o ba dele ki o so runre, ki o majeko, ki o ma je kounko, oun wa n ba je lorun ni ko je. Baba ti o ba ti de orun ki o ma sun o.'

OR

'Baba tetede, ajo o re yin, ranti ki o weyin wo'

Can a dead corpse eat, sleep, go on journey or see?

These saying is showing that the dead ones are not really dead but have continully living in another realm where they eat, see sleep and go around in journey.

You have examples up there. . .

smh I honestly don't know how to make you understand. It's obvious you are adamant...I have more points I could give you but even if an Awo tells u what am saying you will still argue with him

About the argument of the dead still living, I've told u it's a matter of perspective. where some confuse themselves by giving "Life" and "Consciousness" the same meaning, others don't....so you are right, I am right.
Your problem is u the lack the ability to understand my perspective which I've been trying to make you see
I still remember you said the dead are living and "breathing" grin grin that's where I had to point ur folly
Do u see where taking consciousness and life as the same thing confused you?
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 10:21pm On Jan 30, 2015
macof:

smh I honestly don't know how to make you understand. It's obvious you are adamant...I have more points I could give you but even if an Awo tells u what am saying you will still argue with him

About the argument of the dead still living, I've told u it's a matter of perspective. where some confuse themselves by giving "Life" and "Consciousness" the same meaning, others don't....so you are right, I am right.
Your problem is u the lack the ability to understand my perspective which I've been trying to make you see
I still remember you said the dead are living and "breathing" grin grin that's where I had to point ur folly
Do u see where taking consciousness and life as the same thing confused you?

Calm down and read this thing all over again.

Aitete mole, ole moloko. Lol. I be wonn call you adamant but choose not to so as not to appear I am attacking you.

This is what you said:
macof:

Emi means "life force"...the act of living is synonymous with the act of breathing
Only living things breath...so breath is life and life is Emi..don't you think?

And I said our ancestors are alive. So going by your logic, they are breathing.

You exposed my folly; eni mi sigidi ara re lo n mi.

I have told you been alive is breathing according to science while been alive is activeness according to spirituality.

I am not confusing Ori with Emi. I have told you what each represent severally here.

Emi is activating force.

Ori is awareness and reactive force. The centre of personality. It is that thing that create person. You mentioned this yourself. If the body is person, I think you acknowledge that Obatala creates that. But personality belongs to Ori-Inu.

When our people say the deceased should not relent or sleep in the ancestors realm, this is a prove the transited dead ones are not dead really but very much active or alive in the realm they are.

I have cited the case of Aboku soro and other non' living things that are said to die. So what is your prob here?

1 Like

Re: Death And Living Forever by macof(m): 6:05pm On Jan 31, 2015
FOLYKAZE:

Calm down and read this thing all over again.

Aitete mole, ole moloko. Lol. I be wonn call you adamant but choose not to so as not to appear I am attacking you.

This is what you said:

And I said our ancestors are alive. So going by your logic, they are breathing.

You exposed my folly; eni mi sigidi ara re lo n mi.

I have told you been alive is breathing according to science while been alive is activeness according to spirituality.

I am not confusing Ori with Emi. I have told you what each represent severally here.

Emi is activating force.

Ori is awareness and reactive force. The centre of personality. It is that thing that create person. You mentioned this yourself. If the body is person, I think you acknowledge that Obatala creates that. But personality belongs to Ori-Inu.

When our people say the deceased should not relent or sleep in the ancestors realm, this is a prove the transited dead ones are not dead really but very much active or alive in the realm they are.

I have cited the case of Aboku soro and other non' living things that are said to die. So what is your prob here?

No, my comment never gave such impression that dead people still breath.
I said the act of living is synonymous with the act of breathing...and I told u jst as a lifeless thing is lifeless, it doesn't have the ability to breath.
Aye means life nd Iwalaaye means "to be alive". Where have u heard a Yoruba man saying "Oku si wa laaye" or "Alale wa si wa laaye" = our ancestors are still alive? Jst answer this and let this rest
Yoruba puts a clear distinction between the world of the living and the world of the dead...it never says the dead are living beings.
The dead are active quite alright but they are DEAD...saying they are still living breathing entities is just too funny

What's the basis for Ori Inu being the centre of personality? I think I should even ask u this..What is personality? And wat does it translate to?
Re: Death And Living Forever by FOLYKAZE(m): 7:30am On Feb 01, 2015
macof:

No, my comment never gave such impression that dead people still breath.
I said the act of living is synonymous with the act of breathing...and I told u jst as a lifeless thing is lifeless, it doesn't have the ability to breath.

It is death when it have not ability to breathe shey.

Ina yen o ti ku; it means the fire is not dead. Meaning it is alive. So going by your logic, does this mean fire is breathing since it is not dead but alive?

macof:

Aye means life nd Iwalaaye means "to be alive". Where have u heard a Yoruba man saying "Oku si wa laaye" or "Alale wa si wa laaye" = our ancestors are still alive? Jst answer this and let this rest
Yoruba puts a clear distinction between the world of the living and the world of the dead...it never says the dead are living beings.

But they say, ti aba pe oku ni popo alaye ni dahun.

What ever that mean. . .decipher

macof:

The dead are active quite alright but they are DEAD...saying they are still living breathing entities is just too funny

I said they are dead living ancestors. I was just brining in your breath-life logic here.

They are physically dead but alive in the spiritual world.

macof:

What's the basis for Ori Inu being the centre of personality? I think I should even ask u this..What is personality? And wat does it translate to?

Inner self

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Last Did You Pray For Your Enemies? / What Would The Agnostic/atheist Look For In A God? / Asking for Tithe is Fraud: Pastor(Dr) Abel Damina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.